PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 PM #1
deadzone58
Gun for Hire

issue with #013 o-ring

No matter what I try, I can't get the #013 o-ring(small, inner tophat o-ring) to stay put. when I turn the gun on it's fine, as soon as I take a shot air starts rushing down the barrel and every single time I check it's that o-ring that popped out of place. I also noticed my bolt is flared out in the middle where the top of the tophat makes contact, is it supposed to be like that?
deadzone58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM #2
trickytrix

trickytrix is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
the stem which connects to the front of the bolt is flared to help air efficiency. Depending what bolt you're using will determine the severity of the "flare".

Couple of things - you may need to try a different o-ring. They're rarely exact size and you may need to go a little smaller/larger to get the right fit. If you have several o-rings to choose from you'll be able to find the right one by sliding the top hat on the bolt several times and get a feel for the friction each creates. You want it smooth, not stiff.

Make sure you're using a healthy amount of lube. That's a major movement area and if its dry you'll lose that o-ring every time.

Check your regs - over-pressurizing will blow that o-ring
Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM #3
deadzone58
Gun for Hire

lube was all it needed, thanks.
deadzone58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 AM #4
{TWC} GUNHEAD
Canadian Justice

has been a member for 10 years
your over pressurizing the gun..170-190 psi into the gun...NO more...I just had the same problem
{TWC} GUNHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote