Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 AM #64
klaut00
1 BPS is all I need!
 
klaut00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: by st.louis
 has been a member for 10 years
I enjoy one-balling people in the googles equally to lighting somone up, so I play both, its all paintball to me.
__________________
www.totalgreif.com
www.xtremepaintballpark.com
Old Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=klaut00
100+ ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Shocktech E-SFL superstock class sniper,Shocktech 2nd gen SFL eblade, Shocktech 3rd gen SFL, Shocktech aftershock team series slider, CCM T2, ripper intimidator ,lasoya promaster
klaut00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 AM #65
Evil Irish Baller
I got more game than EA
 
Evil Irish Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Annual Supporting Member
Evil Irish Baller plays in the USPL
Evil Irish Baller plays in the PSP
Evil Irish Baller is playing at Living Legends VII
Evil Irish Baller plays in the APPA D5 division
Evil Irish Baller is Legendary
i like to play both really. I also play with WorrGamR2k1 every now and then. When we pump people dont really hate on us, dont treat us different and give us respect. I like to rec play mostly with pump because its cheaper and im a poor college student, but i do rec also with my semi and play tournys with it as well. As a matter of fact got one tourny sat im on a pump team (with WorrGamR2k1 as a matter of fact) and one sunday and im on a semi team. I think its a good idea for players to get into all aspects of the sport, not just one and stick with it. I think thats what your trying to say, and if not im wayyy off, lol.
__________________
VIGILANTE
Paintball Indiana / Hardcore Sportz
Inception Designs / Virtue Paintball
Art of Pump / HK Army
--CCM Blue J2L & Green S6--
---Inception FLE Axe & G6R F5---
Evil Irish Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM #66
pump
I don't play pump lol
 
pump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: U.S. Occupied Hawaii
pump is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
For example, take a look at fighting championships. They do it in weight ranges (Heavy weights, medium weights, etc) and sometimes, Paintball behaves the same (Pumps only, electros only, etc).
but do fighters who are light weights refuse to watch or hate watching heavy weight fights?


and i never seen an Electro only game
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 AM #67
Volk
 
 
Volk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I recently got into pump, or actually getting out in the field. And I have to say it definitely changes the game. I understand what pump is talking about, but the marker you use doesn't make you a dick, it's your personality. Usually players just get into a rut of playing one specific style and turn the cheek on everything else. Personally I got into pump because of $$ and wanting to get to the most basic way of playing, which in turn is also the hardest for me to adapt to. Don't hate, appreciate the fact that you have someone to shoot at, this is a dying sport.
Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM #68
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."
 
oggfueler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: maui,hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrGamR2k1 View Post
...So let me get this strait. You hate people who are elitist...yet you claim that only Hawaii is the paintball place paintball players aren't like this?

Doesn't sound like a little elitist to you? Should we cut off your food supply and see how much you ***** about 'the mainland?'
You know guy... that bolded part is the MOST elitist comment I've read so far. pump (da guy with the big hair and not the gun) is voicing his thoughts on how a divided mindset within our sport can hurt us... you read his post way out of context.

and by the way... I'd love to see how you're gonna get the U.S. govt. to starve off one of their own states. Do it or shens.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:50 PM #69
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."
 
oggfueler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: maui,hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
I understand perfectly what you mean. Unfortunately, these segregations and prejudices are made because of many reasons, including players who don't respect the rules, or sometimes simply to increase competivity.
For example, take a look at fighting championships. They do it in weight ranges (Heavy weights, medium weights, etc) and sometimes, Paintball behaves the same (Pumps only, electros only, etc).

Honestly, I play with a semi and don't mind playing against people with pumps or electros. All I care is to play, because that's what I love, that's my passion, and I just want to go and kick some a**. I really don't care if the a** I'm kicking has a pump, an electro, a semi, a slingshot, whatever.

By the way, you can add bows to your list haha, because I've seen "bows only" games (with the new "Airrow" marker).
pump (da guy with the big hair not the gun) is not talking about our sport's politics or the way competitions are formatted... he's talking about the closed mindedness and segregation that happens on the fields ALL OVER when a bunch of kids or a familly or whoever shows up to play with equipment that is different than what some believe to be "legit".

I dunno... that's what I thought he was talking about. Maybe the e-Kanaka had one too many Lau laus made with pool salt, lol. and his blood pressure stay too high.

Most guys don't care what they're (gun specific) shooting at... as far as what kinda gun shoots them out? Some guys get a rash when it's from a gun that only fires one ball after being manually chambered.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM #70
ego2009
 
 
ego2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: new jersey
ego2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cool

As long as yo uare playen the game your a baller who cares what u run with you buy pump ego it suck just getting shot out but that game let's have fun and continue have fun and promote this sport I wear more pb clothes then other clothen just to show the younger player what it is all about out. my 2 cents
__________________
paintballer 4 life
jack frost sl94/rotor/68/4500
quickshotpaintballcom


SPONSORED BY FAITHFULPBWIFE

Last edited by ego2009 : 08-03-2009 at 01:29 PM.
ego2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 PM #71
pbc scpaintballer
Darkside
 
pbc scpaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
what scares me is i see pump becoming " cool " or agg
__________________
rule #2 doubletap
pbc scpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:41 PM #72
ErikT
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
ErikT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
It's becoming cool because it makes more sense to play paintball that way.
ErikT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM #73
fatfaka808
jusanotherdayinparadise
 
fatfaka808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 808 STATE
Annual Supporting Member
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
fatfaka808 is for the Gunfight
fatfaka808 supports DLX Technology
fatfaka808 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggfueler View Post

Most guys don't care what they're (gun specific) shooting at... as far as what kinda gun shoots them out? Some guys get a rash when it's from a gun that only fires one ball after being manually chambered.
I agree with you ogg's . It jus breaks their hearts to get shot out by a pump . Lol !
__________________
OLIVE/LIME DM13 FST




#1 MEMBER OF
BRENDAN VARES
FANCLUB
fatfaka808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:37 PM #74
fonzel17
Vicious Geo2 Owner
 
fonzel17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wilmington NC
fonzel17 supports Team VICIOUS
I have noticed this kind of behavior within pump itself. Some guys don't respect others who use OC pumps and they say "SC is the only true pump". When I go to a field I don't care what type of marker people are using. I don't care if people are ramping or how fast they shoot. People ***** about that all the time. I guess some people have a different mindset. I think it's much better to just cool down and have fun.

I will also admit that in the midst of battle I do get a little hot headed and pissed off but that's something that has to do with me and not the other guy or what kind of marker he is using (unless he overshoots me for using a pump, which has happened before.)
fonzel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM #75
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*
 
Castro #66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Some guys I won't play against anymore because they seem to have some kind of stigma against being shot by me. What a pain.
__________________
Certified Master Airsmith
Airsmithing & 3rd Party Shipping - PM for details
Can't we all just play Paintball?


Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM #76
Will.armstrong
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I like playin both. Semi is fun, but pump is more of a challenge sometimes.
Will.armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM #77
kenobi13
[Random PBN Badge]
 
kenobi13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sunny So Cal...626
 has been a member for 10 years
kenobi13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kenobi13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzel17 View Post
I have noticed this kind of behavior within pump itself. Some guys don't respect others who use OC pumps and they say "SC is the only true pump". When I go to a field I don't care what type of marker people are using. I don't care if people are ramping or how fast they shoot. People ***** about that all the time. I guess some people have a different mindset. I think it's much better to just cool down and have fun.

I will also admit that in the midst of battle I do get a little hot headed and pissed off but that's something that has to do with me and not the other guy or what kind of marker he is using (unless he overshoots me for using a pump, which has happened before.)
Im telling you....people just being dicks...

A lot of the "hard core elite pumpers" think that open class is just slow semi.. These people just want an excuse to talk ****. I've played with both, the only difference is with o/c is I dont have to bring **** out with me besides my gun. Sure I've got a hopper with 100 rounds but you're wearing a harness with 60 ten round tubes....

I get plenty angry too but not at being shout out but by this jerks just gloating because they think they're some kind of pump god.
__________________
Genuine Matrix Shooter
Feedback- Mcb -Pbn -Pbr
kenobi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM #78
pump
I don't play pump lol
 
pump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: U.S. Occupied Hawaii
pump is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi13 View Post
by this jerks just gloating because they think they're some kind of pump god.
but but but, i think im a pump god too
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM #79
spgunner
I shoot bad guys
 
spgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
so do you hate me because i can only afford to play pump and i cant play semi cause i cant afford it
__________________
"Originally posted by Shawn_Savage: This Is Why We Can't Have Guns. Here You Are Online Shooting Each Other To Death With Your Words."
Be careful, I have a glock, and I shoot sideways-Romel Doyle

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM #80
pump
I don't play pump lol
 
pump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: U.S. Occupied Hawaii
pump is a founding member
do you hate semi play? and/or Woods/Speed Ball(pick either one you dont do)
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM #81
boissupercoo
the rent is too damn high
 
boissupercoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Amurikuh
I hate woodsball because I suck at it
boissupercoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM #82
spgunner
I shoot bad guys
 
spgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
i love woodsball and speedball their both fun i wish i could play semi cuz its a heck of alot easier but i cant afford it
__________________
"Originally posted by Shawn_Savage: This Is Why We Can't Have Guns. Here You Are Online Shooting Each Other To Death With Your Words."
Be careful, I have a glock, and I shoot sideways-Romel Doyle

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 PM #83
greifSFD
 
 
greifSFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Your Bunker
greifSFD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTRACT KILLER AS2 View Post
ok honestly who gets a joy out of shooting 1 bps haha whatever i think it takes alot more skill to play in a psp tourney but its whatever
I play D2 PSP Race2 for StL DirtLife, with my CCM S-6. My skill brings me joy.
__________________
XtremePaintballPark
CCM
IMMORTAL AIR


FUKU
greifSFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 AM #84
coveIsuppose
 
 
coveIsuppose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by greifSFD View Post
I play D2 PSP Race2 for StL DirtLife, with my CCM S-6. My skill brings me joy.
Really? because I checked the appa of every D2 PSP event since the S-6 was released, and I saw no record of a team named "Stl DirtLife" ever attending.

Calling shens brings me joy.
coveIsuppose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump