Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 PM #1
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
I hate people who play pump only or semi players who hate

I'm Over! pump fascists! and semi fascists

as i was watching this vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MkJNuAzRA) i was thinking how in Hawaii we got a nice mix of pump, semi and electro players, and everyone is all in together in having fun and talking story. And it got me thinking why dont i see this environment in other vids or fields i have gone to in the US?

i hear a lot of Stockclass only, Pump only, Semi only, Mech only, Electro only in forums(whose membership makes up of mainly US citizens), its almost like how surfers dont like bodyboarders and vice versa , we only hear that bull**** from guys from Cali BTW. Paintball has a dbaggyness of exclusive culture which i think is mainly due to the anonymity of the internet, Thank god no one in Hawaii really goes to forums or cares what they say, it has kept Hawaii a very inclusive environment for paintball.

if your having fun and if your playing, its all paintball, im stoked on all kinds of guns and people, it helps me get another perspective of mods and tuning that i dont normally see here in Hawaii. If we as pump players succumb to the evils exclusiveness in acceptance of people, guns and ideas, we have lost an ability to think in new ways, which means we have stagnated and have failed to keep evolving which is regression

gotta remember our sport/game began in fun, and thats how we get new players its that contagious fun that builds upon its self, but once you shut that down from excluding people and trying to hurt them, we have shot ourselves in the foot. Gotta keep the fun building and building, grow it, foster it.
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM #2
washington (Banned)
come as you are

there are dicks every where, even in paintball, a game made for fun. hopefully we can lessen the amount but there are always going to be people who think their way of thinking and their opinions are the only way. all people have their own opinions and you should respect that and just leave it at that. i dont see it doing any harm where i am but i am pretty much the only pumper in my area and people respect me as a player
washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM #3
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

has been a member for 10 years
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
...So let me get this strait. You hate people who are elitist...yet you claim that only Hawaii is the paintball place paintball players aren't like this?

Doesn't sound like a little elitist to you? Should we cut off your food supply and see how much you ***** about 'the mainland?'
WorrGamR2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 AM #4
pump
I don't play pump lol

but if we leave it alone they can grow and foster as well, we need to engage those counter active ideas!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM #5
washington (Banned)
come as you are

i under stand what you are saying but what harm is it doing
Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 AM #6
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrGamR2k1 View Post
...So let me get this strait. You hate people who are elitist...yet you claim that only Hawaii is the paintball place paintball players aren't like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
And it got me thinking why dont i see this environment in other vids or fields i have gone to in the US?
is it straight now?
i say i dont see it, i didnt say it wasn't there

stop having a knee jerk reaction please

Quote:
Doesn't sound like a little elitist to you? Should we cut off your food supply and see how much you ***** about 'the mainland?'
woah! mad much?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 AM #7
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by washington View Post
i under stand what you are saying but what harm is it doing
its devolution
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 AM #8
muzakx

I actually don't see the attitude when I go to the field, it seems to be more of an online thing which like you said is fueled by the anonymity of forums. I hope it stays online.

The only thing I will say that I do notice is the constant battle between the woodsballers and speedballers. Both seem to think that their way of playing is the best, and the rest suck.

Regarding the video, you are a very entertaining person.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 AM #9
pump
I don't play pump lol

maybe your right, i hope you are

interesting, i didnt think of it that way either(woods/speed) since we play both here a lot
Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 AM #10
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
is it straight now?
i say i dont see it, i didnt say it wasn't there

stop having a knee jerk reaction please

woah! mad much?

I'm sorry. I work with a guy from Hawaii and so far everyone I've met and/or talked to from there has been a douche.

We have no such problems here in the Midwest, and if we do we take it up on the field and not on the internet. Actually; every time I play with my pumps we seem to earn mad respect from everyone, and actually end up getting people to try it out.
WorrGamR2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 AM #11
Elsof
Test your might

Whenever I play the semis and pumps play together and everyone has fun and this is at multiple fields. Also Pump your avvy makes me lul
"What my favorite thing to do is open up a fresh box of saltines and eat them all straight down to the bottom and leave one, then shave my pubes and glue them to the top of the cracker. Then I put it in a thong and shoot it out the window, run out and jump up and snatch it in mid-air while jizzing on the neighbor's glasses like a boss and I scream THUNDERWEAR!! Then trip and roll down the hill like a four year old with downs and cry as I watch the notebook with one up my *** while my parents are eating thanksgiving dinner without me for the THIRD MONTH IN A ROW and no one can **** because the toilet was installed backwards which is kind of Obama's fault because I asked him to fix it but he didn't because I didn't have anymore peanut butter Gatorade."
Elsof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:44 AM #12
wilted_bunker
Murk Fools

Cool

I would still love to go out there and play some paintball in Hawaii. Take my camera with me as well. Ahhhh, playing on grass looks fun.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:46 AM #13
washington (Banned)
come as you are

i had no idea they had trees like mine there
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 AM #14
fonzel17
Vicious Geo2 Owner

fonzel17 supports Team VICIOUS
I have never seen any hate between pump/electro/semi everyone here respects me for playing pump and I shoot those who play semi. It's just the circle of life.
fonzel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 AM #15
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

I've only ever had one guy get mad at me for using my pump.

We were teamed up and I had yet to beat the learning curve on the Phantom I was using.

Him
"No more pump! We need to win."

Me
"It's my hot body and I do what I want!"

I've got 2 pumps, 2 mech semi, and 1 electro. I try to play with one of each category every weekend.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 AM #16
fatfaka808
jusanotherdayinparadise

Annual Supporting Member
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fatfaka808 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
fatfaka808 is for the Gunfight
fatfaka808 supports DLX Technology
fatfaka808 supports Empire
Quote:

bro food is not our problem here in hawaii , toilet paper is our concern , you cut that supply , were doomed

i agree with you koa , i wouldnt play paintball if i didnt think it was fun anymore . we need to keep the fun aspect of it alive or we'll just wither up and die

#1 MEMBER OF
BRENDAN VARES
FANCLUB
fatfaka808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 AM #17
Pilzbury

Pilzbury is a Supporting Member
I agree with you Koa. But back in the day, I dont think there wasthe mutual respect most players have now. For me when Im playing a fun day (which is rare) I dont mind mixing it up with everyone. Its all about having a good time. However 95% of the time that Im playing, its either scrimmages or practices and I am exclusively pump only depending what tournament my team is getting ready for.

Team Brotherhood
Pilzbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:06 AM #18
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
I'm sorry. I work with a guy from Hawaii and so far everyone I've met and/or talked to from there has been a douche.

Actually; every time I play with my pumps we seem to earn mad respect from everyone, and actually end up getting people to try it out.
really! what island is he from? and what town?
ill give you some good material to tease him if you do

but do you only play pump?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 AM #19
s4l
^.In God I Trust.^

s4l donated to help Peyton Trent
s4l helped look for balloons
s4l owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
s4l supports our troops
What's wrong with pumps? Just because you got a facefull from one doesn't mean you have to start hatin' on em.
Dynasty Fan #419

US Army
s4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:44 AM #20
pump
I don't play pump lol

im not hating on pumps, just people who play only pump or semi, who also hate the forms of paintball thats not the style they play

because i think its all SUPER AWESOME
Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 AM #21
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
I only play pump because I can't afford to play semi, or I should say I choose not to spend that much money on electros, but I have no problem with anyone who plays semi. Heck, I played tournament paintball for 4 years and that's all I used. I am just a cheap bastard these days

Old Feedback: +40/-0
mrmag911 is offline   Reply With Quote