Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM #1
popsabc

Dye Matrix Info

Hey can anyone tell me anything about this gun? I think it's a 2003 Dye Matrix but I'm not sure. I've heard that it's rare but I haven't been able to find any information about it. Anything anyone could tell me would help. Here are a few pics of it. Thanks. Travis

popsabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2009, 08:46 AM #2
dblk22vball

Annual Supporting Member
dblk22vball supports our troops
not sure if it says mage, or image, but dye came out with the more efficient image bolt. not sure if they private labeled for image, or how the image bolt got its name (team name???)

but yes, it is a dm3 and I would agree it is rare.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 AM #3
Slow_Target

has been a member for 10 years
It's a Gen-E Matrix. Pre-DYE but with a DYE backplate. There are others on here that can/will tell you more.
Equalized Black Impulse #9792, Kapp on/off, Check-it low-rise, Dye 71/45, full Freak, JHII, SS RatHole, SP Mag trig, NDZ Equalizer bolt, Slik-Shot & R.I.P. valve, Hybrid grips.
Gen-E LCD#22139, toxic breach, Gold Evolve, ccm feed, cp reg & asa
99 Shocker Turbo/SelectFire #7069
"Originally posted by wolverine Be a man and pick a side of the fence and stay there. "
Slow_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:50 AM #4
{TWC} GUNHEAD
Canadian Justice

its a image trix...either a 2k2 or a 2k3...there where a few pl trixes out there in around the time that Dye bought the patten
{TWC} GUNHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:01 PM #5
popsabc

Thanks guys. If you know anyone on here who might know anything else about could ya send them my way? I basically would like to know a round about price of what its worth. Thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 PM #6
Slow_Target

There are plenty that can tell you more. Maybe monday some info will show up. I would still say a pre-DYE Gen-E Image matrix. The body cut on the side goes further back to the battery compartment on DYE markers. Also the DYE teardrops are not on the frame. Does it have eyes?
Equalized Black Impulse #9792, Kapp on/off, Check-it low-rise, Dye 71/45, full Freak, JHII, SS RatHole, SP Mag trig, NDZ Equalizer bolt, Slik-Shot & R.I.P. valve, Hybrid grips.
Gen-E LCD#22139, toxic breach, Gold Evolve, ccm feed, cp reg & asa
99 Shocker Turbo/SelectFire #7069
"Originally posted by wolverine Be a man and pick a side of the fence and stay there. "
Slow_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM #7
Powkoa

toxic breech, PVC lpr, aardvark entity trigger, dye backplate, need pics of board and bolt to tell you more

Powkoa's old feedback
Powkoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 PM #8
popsabc

I believe that it does have eyes, because it won't shoot without a ball in the chamber. Also when I take the breach off there appears to be two little eyes on the gun. It is kind of hard to tell because the pictures were taken on a cell phone. I will try to find my camera and upload some better pictures of it. When I remove the back plate it has what I believe to be a serial number (01652) but I am not sure if that is what it is or not. I haven't ever taken it apart due to the fact I don't have a manual for it and I don't want to mess it up. The gun shoots excellent and I haven't had any problems with it. I just don't know enough about it. Again thanks for all of the helpful information and anymore will be greatly appreciated. Maybe once I get better pictures of it up you guys will be able to see better what it is.

Thanks,

Travis
Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 PM #9
DKD
Renegades

thats a 2k1-2k2 pbc / gen e matrix, the body is old and from the pics looks like both air chambers still exist so if it has eyes then the wires probly run down the dead air chamber (right side i think lol been awhile). The back plates is dye, ccm claping feed neck, aardvark enity trigger. If you post up what color the bolt is we can tell you what bolt you have and how many shots you should be getting from a 68/4500
DKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 AM #10
popsabc

Thanks alot for the info. I'm gonna take some better pictures with my digital camera and post them tomorrow hopefully so everyone can give me a better idea of what I'm dealing with here. I just would like to know exactly what kind of gun (year model, price range, rarity) it is. I've searched the internet up and down and have never seen a gun that looks like mine. Hopefully the new pics will help out though. Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:35 PM #11
popsabc

Updated to better Pictures

Alright guys I tried to take some better pictures of this gun and hope it helps a little with being able to identify exactly what gun it is. Sorry there's so many and sorry I couldn't get a good picture of the bolt but I didn't have the right tools handy to take the wiring apart. Anything you can tell me would help alot.

A picture of the eyes

Open Panel

Good Pic Of the Scull and Cross Bones

Wiring

Serial Number

Back Of Bolt

Front Of Bolt

Side Of Bolt

Any of these help with identification???
Old 08-05-2009, 08:40 AM #12
jlfx64

I'll take a crack at this one, with what I remember. That is to say, everything I am about to type is probably wrong!

That is an Image Matrix. I'm pretty sure it is pre-Dye and was released as an LED. As I recall, there weren't many of these made (team edition), so the milling is pretty rare. For some reason, I have it in my head that KAPP did this milling or some aftermarket company like that. It looks like you have a stock DM3/Image bolt kit. That is probably not the original trigger frame as it is an LCD frame with a stock Dye LCD board.

It also looks like you have some severly stripped chamber plugs!
jlfx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM #13
popsabc

Thanks alot for the info. Any idea of value or rarity (how many were made)?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM #14
jlfx64

Again, taking into account that I may not have my facts straight, I want to say there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 made.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:05 PM #15
popsabc

Alright thanks man. I was just curious because I've had people tell me it was rare and give me a high value for it then some have said I'd be lucky to get a couple hundred for it so I wasn't sure. Do you know of any online places that I could sent pics to get a definite conformation of what kind of gun it is or an appraisal. I'm not looking to sell it but I hate not knowing what I have. I haven't been able to find any place locally I could take it to so I may have to use someone online.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM #16
jlfx64

Either here or matrixowner.com are your best bets for ID and appraisal. There is an appraisal thread in this forum as a matter of fact.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 AM #17
scoprius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx64 View Post
Again, taking into account that I may not have my facts straight, I want to say there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 made.
Close there were 11 made, it was a limited run for a sponsored team. They came equipped TMC eyes and tadao1.1 boards. They came equipped the image efficiency kit which was a coincidence with the teams name btw and not intentional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popsabc View Post
Alright thanks man. I was just curious because I've had people tell me it was rare and give me a high value for it then some have said I'd be lucky to get a couple hundred for it so I wasn't sure. Do you know of any online places that I could sent pics to get a definite conformation of what kind of gun it is or an appraisal. I'm not looking to sell it but I hate not knowing what I have. I haven't been able to find any place locally I could take it to so I may have to use someone online.
If you want any more info about the gun pm me or ask here, Also a small correction on Powkoa's post its PBC lpr, typo's happen
Classics Sale Thread
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it" - H.L. Mencken
Vintage Trix owner
scoprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM #18
popsabc

Thanks man. I went ahead and sent you a pm