PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 AM #1
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
What i don't understand.

It seemed like when the NPPL went bankrupt last year, people blamed it on all the money "wasted" throwing big events that would be held in sports arenas (or stadium parking lots) that caused the downfall. They said (myself included that "a tournament right now should just be playing paintball with out the all the extra bells and whistles that attract spectators, especially seeing how the economy is and the lack of actual spectators".
Correct me if i am wrong....but isn't that exactly what the USPL is doing?? l I mean i havn't been to a uspl event yet so i can't say from experience, but from what i am seeing and reading in posts and videos that seems to be the case.
They got rid of that awful player registering site and adapted Appa, then got rid of the arm bands which appeared to be what people were infavor of...improved the pits for players (somthing else i read and seems to not get any attention) and they are running money conscious events without bells and whistles, so people could just play paintball, which, i thought, eveyone wanted.
But now apparently what people wanted is far from what they expected it to be and thats becoming clear with all these posts claiming it was a ****ty event. I mean it was just pure paintball right? wasn't that what should have happen according the the consensus to last years nppl flaming...
I guess people do want the webcasts, the score boards, matty marshal on the PA system...Giant *** stadiums in the background.
It seems the only factors that are the same from the NPPL and the USPL is reffing and format, and the reffing comes with the format. I truly see that uspl had changed what they could with nppl/7 man (maybe they could have done better scoring)...all in favor of bringing people what they want..... or what they thought they wanted.

Maybe i am wrong here but i need some more people chiming in because i am just confused with this. Maybe Shaun Walker knew what the people actually wanted by throwing the events he did....b.c. right now that seems more likley.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement