Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM #43
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
For one science is ever changing and if you know anything about history it was once "proven" that the earth was flat and the center of the universe. The brain is still a mystery thats why in the medical field we are still at an infancy in understanding neurological disorders or what makes some people geniuses at the age of 12. And since you probably went and goggled your facts like a bada$$ trying to prove someone wrong how about you goggle the first page of this thread and get on topic.

And the impulse you cant get from dealers to my understanding due to the backlog in pre-orders therefore making the gun rare at this moment in time. Rarities increase price. That is capitalism old chap and its probably not going to change in mine nor your lifetime.

Intelligence is a remarkable thing for people like me because we dont have to troll in peoples threads and try to degrade them in order to make ourselves feel better because of certain thing we lack in life. Missing a girlfriend maybe? Or maybe she left you cause you didnt size up so well. Lol or your just the casual E-thug that tries to be a badass with goggle/wiki facts.

P.S. yes I visit NVP and yes ive probably shot the hell out of you and your tippy98. Funny how you jump on the bandwagon and call people agglets when you dont know the first thing about HK.




If anyone has anything reasonable or interesting to say regarding the original topic please continue. Sensless E-thugs will be ignored because all they want is an audience because their parents didnt tuck them in at night
Lol and you're calling me an e-badass?

Ok little one, here we go:

1. We know several things about the brain, one fact being that we use all the structures of it for specific purposes. We do not use 3% or 10% or whatever you "popular scientists" are claiming these days. And no I didn't google that fact. I've taken classes in Psychology and READ (zomfg what a terrible notion!) research materials on the topic. Maybe you should try reading a journal article or book instead of using your google fu or believing everything the media rams down your throat. Stop being a sheep and start thinking for yourself.

2. When did I troll in your thread? Trolling involves posting smart one. Oh, and again, you call me out on trying to be an e-badass and you go for my penis size instead of countering my argument with any sort of intelligence? I'm choking on the irony.

3. Yes, it is capitalism and I think it's fine. But you've been complaining about greed and vice in America and then you go and support it on Pbn. I'm pointing out that you're being a hypocrite. If you want to speculate on my relationship status or the size of my penis instead of owning up to that fact, be my guess. You're just showing who's the more mature one here.

4. I haven't shot a Tippmann since I was just starting to play (about 9-10 years ago). Again, you're the one trying to be an e-badass by calling me a noob when we're talking about a completely different issue.

I have highlighted problems in your argument, you can choose to respond to them or not. If you want to continue trying to be an e-thug though, no one will be surprised. I just love how you get frustrated and attack me personally when others here have highlighted the same problems with your argument and have told you why you're wrong. But because you have no logic to back up your position, you gun for the one person who posts the longest responses. Catch my drift? You're really not doing yourself or your position any justice by relying on insults and personal attacks instead of responding to our legitimate criticism of your point of view. No one's going to coddle your opinions here. If they're stupid, we say so.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel

Last edited by warbeak2099 : 07-30-2009 at 09:47 AM.
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 AM #44
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
wait, what? we use 90-97% of our brain? (capacity?)
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM #45
SWAYED117
 
 
SWAYED117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester NY
SWAYED117 donated to help Peyton Trent
SWAYED117 supports Team VICIOUS
SWAYED117 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
wait, what? we use 90-97% of our brain? (capacity?)
Its believed by some and doubted by others. There is still no concrete evidence to support either side because of our limited knowledge of the full potential and processes of the brain.
__________________

Roc-City Assassins #77 -2010- NYPL

MACDEV
Droid
SWAYED117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 AM #46
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
Its believed by some and doubted by others. There is still no concrete evidence to support either side because of our limited knowledge of the full potential and processes of the brain.
And where did you get this information? From google or legitimate scientific research? The idea that we don't use all of our brain potential is an invention of "popular science". It's not real, empirical research. The idea has been propagated through cartoons, comics, movies, TV, and other forms of popular media which have no scientific authority. Most Americans believe it as fact because they hear it enough, and scientific education in our country is ****. We grow up hearing this misinformation and automatically believe it to be true. Most people who don't have the capacity to understand, much less admit that they're wrong, have a very difficult time when they are confronted with the real facts.

The doubt by these "others" is merely this phenomenon caused by people who can't let go of their cherished, although incorrect, brainwashed beliefs. Our knowledge of the brain is limited indeed, but that doesn't discredit in the slightest the amount of factual knowledge that we DO have. We KNOW that we use each and every structure in our brains for different purposes. The extent of what each structure does is in some cases a mystery still. But we know that every day, each and every structure in our brain is active in performing some function. If we were only utilizing 3%, 6%, 10%, or whatever number some "popular scientist" is claiming, we would be vegetables. We need to use all of our brain, all of the time in order to function.

Again, I think it's hysterical how that percentage changes depending on what moron is telling the story. One person will tell you we only use 3%, another will claim 4, and another 10.

EDIT: Btw, private messaging me and making middle school level jokes about my penis size isn't going to stop me from asking you to support your argument with facts in this thread. Nice try though.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel

Last edited by warbeak2099 : 07-30-2009 at 10:19 AM.
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 AM #47
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
thanks WB!
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:26 AM #48
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
thanks WB!
Do not by any means take my word as "gospel" lol. I'm sure Shaka has a better understanding of the matter as he is pursuing a degree in the field, and I have only taken classes about psychology. Enough classes however to have investigated the actual research going into the study of the brain. Although I'm sure Shaka could do a better job of representing the facts more specifically.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:18 AM #49
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
i ain't. been doing some binging for some white papers an stuff.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM #50
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
i ain't. been doing some binging for some white papers an stuff.
Do you actually preach every Sunday?
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM #51
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
Do you actually preach every Sunday?
nearly-yes, why? what does that have to do with my humorous/colloquial response to WB?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 PM #52
tmaxx_2.5
 
 
tmaxx_2.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
Cotton based paper surely not 100%
Quote:
Currency paper is composed of 25% linen and 75% cotton. Red and blue synthetic fibers of various lengths are distributed evenly throughout the paper. Prior to World War I the fibers were made of silk.
__________________
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes...make it worth watching.

Old Feedback
tmaxx_2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM #53
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
nearly-yes, why? what does that have to do with my humorous/colloquial response to WB?
Wait I didn't get what you said lol.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM #54
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Do not by any means take my word as "gospel" lol. I'm sure Shaka has a better understanding of the matter as he is pursuing a degree in the field, and I have only taken classes about psychology. Enough classes however to have investigated the actual research going into the study of the brain. Although I'm sure Shaka could do a better job of representing the facts more specifically.
Unfortunately, the degree has taken a back seat to providing for my family but I am still learned enough to answer this question. It is not an easy answer in terms of its simplicity in "lay" fashion but to give a simple (and somewhat wrong) answer......we use all of our brain. Here's a little more explanation on that: We don't fully utilize all of our brain at every second, or even during moments of duress or decision. As seen during EEGs and other tests, there are certain areas of the brain that are responsible for certain functions and it is those areas of the brain which "light up" during those activities.

I'll put this disclaimer on it though......there is soooo much we still don't know so the information I just provided is with the caveat that the more we learn in neuroscience, quite often, the more questions we have. When one question is answered it may produce five more. For example, and if you even care enough to do so, look up "split brain patients" or "split brain studies research" and you will find some fascinating information which almost makes it appear that one person can have two distinct personalities existing in the same brain after they've had their corpus callosum severed.

This is the corpus callosum:


It is the brain's superhighway, sending information back and forth between the hemispheres and when severed, interesting things ensue. Lol. If you're asking yourself, "why on earth would it be severed" well that procedure is a popular on in instances of persons with epilepsy whose seizures are debilitating or greatly effect the quality of their lives (ie, Tonic-clonic or Grand Mal seizures).
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM #55
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes I have read about that, although it was a while ago. Very interesting indeed. I think what will be interesting in the long run is when we learn about more possible abilities or functions of different structures. We have found functions for all these structures, but I'm sure there are more tasks that they facilitate.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 PM #56
JT man24325
IworkatJason'sretardfarm
 
JT man24325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: *407*
JT man24325 helped look for balloons
JT man24325 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
Also for people that are of a strict single faith how come you dont realize that most the faiths and beliefs on this planet center around the golden rule. As we all mostly like to be treated with respect, not killed and generally loved by one or more people. And that many faiths have overlapping stories and other morals.
i think most realize it but they believe strongly that their god(s) are the one and only thing that hold with them their fate. and for that reason they would do just about anything to seal in a good life(being a life that is good in the eyes of their higher being). this comes from the fear of what happens after death. whether it be reincarnation, a destination, they want to please them to have happiness after death.
__________________
Originally posted by: iR3M3DY: "i was grinding with some girl at abyss i pooped a stiffi..... "
Originally posted by: DyePaintballer2k11: "You pooped a boner? Whose dick did you snap off?"
JT man24325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:08 PM #57
SWAYED117
 
 
SWAYED117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester NY
SWAYED117 donated to help Peyton Trent
SWAYED117 supports Team VICIOUS
SWAYED117 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT man24325 View Post
i think most realize it but they believe strongly that their god(s) are the one and only thing that hold with them their fate. and for that reason they would do just about anything to seal in a good life(being a life that is good in the eyes of their higher being). this comes from the fear of what happens after death. whether it be reincarnation, a destination, they want to please them to have happiness after death.
A voice of intelligence I love your answer

__________________

Roc-City Assassins #77 -2010- NYPL

MACDEV
Droid
SWAYED117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:27 PM #58
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
nearly-yes, why? what does that have to do with my humorous/colloquial response to WB?
Nothing. It is just hard for me to imagine a preacher using pbnation.
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:45 PM #59
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
Nothing. It is just hard for me to imagine a preacher using pbnation.
you may need te rethink your paradigm. there are actually several of us, that I know of, and so I assume many more.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM #60
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
Nothing. It is just hard for me to imagine a preacher using pbnation.
I haven't seen any older men posting that aren't religious. That's kind of interesting. Are there any atheistic/agnostic posters that we know of over 35?
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM #61
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you may need te rethink your paradigm. there are actually several of us, that I know of, and so I assume many more.
you should see how many times you can say meow in a sermon
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:51 PM #62
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT man24325 View Post
i think most realize it but they believe strongly that their god(s) are the one and only thing that hold with them their fate. and for that reason they would do just about anything to seal in a good life(being a life that is good in the eyes of their higher being). this comes from the fear of what happens after death. whether it be reincarnation, a destination, they want to please them to have happiness after death.
Meh, the Golden Rule is not the focus of the Bible so that's a non-argument, imo. The issue when people are looking at those who hold to the notion of exclusivity in claiming that their way is THE way is comparing the object in which they place their faith and the ultimate goal of their belief system.

For the Christian, "being nice" is not the goal but rather a symptom of the commitment one has made. The focus is the return to "one-ness" or right communication/communion with one's Creator. Christianity is not supposed to be a works based faith so actively working toward getting into heaven is a misinterpretation as well. Heaven is not the goal, but a perk of the goal of entering into fellowship with our Creator. The goal, as it were, on this planet and in these bodies is to become more like our "role model" who is Yeshuah or Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ...our Messiah. I hope that clarifies things for you a little better.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM #63
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu View Post
For the Christian, "being nice" is not the goal but rather a symptom of the commitment one has made. The focus is the return to "one-ness" or right communication/communion with one's Creator. Christianity is not supposed to be a works based faith so actively working toward getting into heaven is a misinterpretation as well. Heaven is not the goal, but a perk of the goal of entering into fellowship with our Creator. The goal, as it were, on this planet and in these bodies is to become more like our "role model" who is Yeshuah or Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ...our Messiah. I hope that clarifies things for you a little better.
So...not to start an old argument, but this is your interpretation, or an interpretation you gathered from other individuals (subjective viewpoints) that you are now preaching as what the bible objectively is and says. How am I (knowing this information) supposed to take your word for it? There are probably others with equal or superior educations who have studied Christianity in greater detail than you have that could very well say differently. This is simply a fundamental flaw with religion as it applies sociologically. Unavoidable.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump