Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 11:12 PM #1
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
This is how I've pictured the Holy Trinity for a while:

Ask question if you want but:

Jesus: black male with dread locks, wears typical Jesus clothes.
Holy Ghost: white female, looks very fantastical with stars around Her and she wears pink and blue and She's always shinning.
Father: you can only see mid-torso down (His head to high up to see) He's blue, transparent, and there's fire in and around Him.

I see them all on 3 different golden thrones, the Father in the middle on a HUGE throne and Jesus and the Holy Ghost on either side of him (they are both human sized)

I know it probably seems weird but that's what I see, ask questions.
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 PM #2
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh
 
Pwned6911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio


Couldn't think of anything for the Holy Ghost except maybe a hot, albino, porn star.



And that is your Trinity.
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Pwned6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM #3
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
actually, you're pretty close...
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:33 PM #4
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh
 
Pwned6911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendai View Post
actually, you're pretty close...
You didn't make it very hard.
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Pwned6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:23 AM #5
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Very "the Shack"-ish, and modalistic view.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM #6
markcheb
surrender...don't move
 
markcheb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: across the Jordan river
I personally would have picked Hendrix as opposed to Marley, to be closer to being a "god". But, eh..
__________________
Which thief ~~ are you?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM #7
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
Very "the Shack"-ish, and modalistic view.
Is there a problem with my view being "modalistic"?
and, I've never read the shack... I actually didn't even know what it was until your post (and I researched it)
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM #8
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendai View Post
Is there a problem with my view being "modalistic"?
and, I've never read the shack... I actually didn't even know what it was until your post (and I researched it)
no problem at all if you aren't Christian.
my post about the shack:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post60462069
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM #9
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
no problem at all if you aren't Christian.
my post about the shack:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post60462069
I read your post but I still don't understand how my view deviates from Christianity, I believe I'm saved through Jesus Christ, however I don't like calling myself Christian (as bad as that may seem) It seems as if people use the term far too lightly these days. I like to think of myself as a "Spiritual descendant of the Tribe of Judah". But truth is, I am.

I believe Father, Son and Ghost are all the same but have different roles, G-d is omnipotent and <Edit> omni present and </Edit> thus can be seen (if at all) in different forms. And I have reasons for the visualization of each form (if you would like for me to elaborate I will).
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."

Last edited by mugendai : 07-27-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: see tags
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:13 AM #10
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
when you seperate the Tri-UNITY into seperate beings, seperate modes of being, then you make three individuals of one. that modalistic view is how some other religions see Christianity, and with that view; Christians are not monothesitic, but worship three Gods, and that is simpley not the case of a Christiainity.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM #11
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
TRI-unity and omnipresence...
When Jesus said "Father why hast Thou forsaken me?" isn't that separating them just as much?

I still view all 3 as the same G-d. I just have a different image for the 3 separate (yet same) bodies of All Mighty. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jesus say He'll be on a throne next to the Father, I'm doing the same thing with my visualization.
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM #12
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη
 
 
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendai View Post
Ask question if you want but:

Jesus: black male with dread locks, wears typical Jesus clothes.
Holy Ghost: white female, looks very fantastical with stars around Her and she wears pink and blue and She's always shinning.
Father: you can only see mid-torso down (His head to high up to see) He's blue, transparent, and there's fire in and around Him.

I see them all on 3 different golden thrones, the Father in the middle on a HUGE throne and Jesus and the Holy Ghost on either side of him (they are both human sized)

I know it probably seems weird but that's what I see, ask questions.
OK, so I see a few things:

1. You see all three members described as the trinity as having physical bodies.

2. This is pretty weird to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
when you seperate the Tri-UNITY into seperate beings, seperate modes of being, then you make three individuals of one. that modalistic view is how some other religions see Christianity, and with that view; Christians are not monothesitic, but worship three Gods, and that is simpley not the case of a Christiainity.
I know I'm monotheistic. I worship the ONE God.
__________________
Beauty and Harmony through Entropy.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM #13
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendai View Post
TRI-unity and omnipresence...
When Jesus said "Father why hast Thou forsaken me?" isn't that separating them just as much?

I still view all 3 as the same G-d. I just have a different image for the 3 separate (yet same) bodies of All Mighty. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jesus say He'll be on a throne next to the Father, I'm doing the same thing with my visualization.
look up communicatio idiomatum, as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
...
I know I'm monotheistic. I worship the ONE God.
I am going to disagree with you, IF you believe that God the father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are completely separate entities, and only unity in purpose, or in one "mind". but then, this isn't the only thing we would disagree on.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM #14
mugendai
Blame it on the boogie!
 
mugendai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
alrighty then...
but I still only believe in 1 G-d, I just have 3 different visualizations of His/Her 3 different roles.
__________________
"Sleep on it, that why God gives you night."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed."
mugendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM #15
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη
 
 
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendai View Post
alrighty then...
but I still only believe in 1 G-d, I just have 3 different visualizations of His/Her 3 different roles.
That post tells a lot about what you believe...

You believe one God exists as different manifestations, which have different roles, but not that they are separate entities?
__________________
Beauty and Harmony through Entropy.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump