professional rapist

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I'm beating the **** out of myself

Since I entered the tournament scene about a year ago, I've started to hurt myself more and more and it's sort of gotten out of hand. I've had recurring back problems for over 2 years.

A month and a half ago I tore part of my rotator cuff and chipped a bone in my shoulder diving over a snake bunker. It was stupid. Luckily, it was a small tear and the chip only hurt a bit, so I figured it would be ok to play again 2, maybe 3 weeks later. The doctor's healing time wasn't too far off anyways.

So yesterday I made a few more retarded dives at practice. I felt fine that day, then this morning it hit me that a part of my upper back is very swollen, I can't move my arm in a circle, and my chest hurts like I got tackled by a 6'6 280lb black man.

I'm young enough that my bones and muscles heal fast, so I think I'll be up for at least a half assed practice on wednesday, but I need to figure out how to stop hurting myself because... well... it hurts. Not to mention it can't be good for me in the long run.

On most dives, I tend to spring up quite a bit and I'm airborne almost all of the time. Is there some way that I can brace for the impact better? It seems like my offhand arm hit the ground first once in a while. Also, does anyone else do this frequently?
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM #2
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
Well, more importantly than anything else, i would tell you to step back and and not play again at all until you are back to full health. When you are injured, the best way to hurt yourself worse is to keep pushing yourself.

other than that, I don't know what to tell you, make sure you are wearing pads and stuff. Superman dives are tough on the body no matter how you do it, but you should probably try to cushion your fall with your non-gun hand more.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 PM #3
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

ehh... I'm already doing what you said I don't wear a bounce pad or slider shorts, but I have good elbow and knee pads.
I know I really should take a break, but I just joined a new team and things are really coming together.

When it really hurts I can do photography, but it's important to make these first couple practices count.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 PM #4
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Try watching the one with the gun videos on diving/sliding and compare your technique. See if you are doing it 100% correctly?

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 PM #5
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire1122 View Post
Since I entered the tournament scene about a year ago, I've started to hurt myself more and more and it's sort of gotten out of hand. I've had recurring back problems for over 2 years.

A month and a half ago I tore part of my rotator cuff and chipped a bone in my shoulder diving over a snake bunker. It was stupid. Luckily, it was a small tear and the chip only hurt a bit, so I figured it would be ok to play again 2, maybe 3 weeks later. The doctor's healing time wasn't too far off anyways.

So yesterday I made a few more retarded dives at practice. I felt fine that day, then this morning it hit me that a part of my upper back is very swollen, I can't move my arm in a circle, and my chest hurts like I got tackled by a 6'6 280lb black man.

I'm young enough that my bones and muscles heal fast, so I think I'll be up for at least a half assed practice on wednesday, but I need to figure out how to stop hurting myself because... well... it hurts. Not to mention it can't be good for me in the long run.

On most dives, I tend to spring up quite a bit and I'm airborne almost all of the time. Is there some way that I can brace for the impact better? It seems like my offhand arm hit the ground first once in a while. Also, does anyone else do this frequently?
if your superman dives make you "spring back up" your doin it wrong, you should be at the very most diving straight out then down, if you go up before you come down, thats your problem, you need to lead with you gun hand and gently let yourself onto the ground while running as fast as you can, basicaly quit running while leaned over, it works for me, i normally end up rolling just slightly to one side. be carefull dude, iv had 3 vertebre stress fractures from snowboarding, and other spinal nerve injuries, and its not fun at all til its healed, quit superman diving til its all good and healed, then do it with out bouncing off the ground and you will be fine. take of yourself, no need ruining your future for a few games of paintball.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 PM #6
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
when I do the superman dives (rarely lol) i make sure i go at like a 20* angle from the ground and land by sliding in on my forearms first, then sort of "worming" the rest of my body down. works when I do it, but it's hard for me to keep my form. my knees go down and FWOP!

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 AM #7
baller-with-attitude
snakeside killa

one thing that was taught to my snake players is that your slide should be graceful and not a spring jump and a THWAP on the ground. dont run and jump, run and dive. most players make the mistake of running and jumping to high...you should lean into your dive so that your using your feet and toes for most power. if you use your knees or legs for the power to dive, your jumping. odd sounding i know, but just mull it over and next time your on the field, just try leaning.

im big, tall and fat, but ive been told my superman is graceful and that i have the most controlled superman dive, this came from some highly influential players at my field that play D1 and pro, they taught me.

TAKE A BREAK AND HEAL UP GOOD AS WELL.
Fat Kid Balla #40, RI Balla #25, Back Player Gang #21,SF Explicit Fan #28
RIP Joe Riley

Hawian Headhunters 2012
baller-with-attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM #8
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
STAY LOW.... as stated you shouldn't be jumping in the air and coming down.
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM #9
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

It's not like I'm jumping straight up. I fall into the dive but sort of jump flat out like I'm trying to get more force behind it. It's kind of hard to explain. I come down really hard though. I'll try to see if I can find a video of one of my dives. Someone on here has the one where I busted my shoulder...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM #10
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Lol just let the momentum of your running push you as you slide onto the ground, adding that extra "jump" is whats getting you. Like I said earlier- this gives a great breakdown of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiAbg255q-w and I realize it seems stupidly elementary, but its good ****.

Looking for some Gats?

Last edited by Japy : 04-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote