Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 PM #127
dreizzle
 
 
dreizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in my house, MD
give the league time...
dreizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM #128
Mr. Pink
 
 
Mr. Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent, Brohio
In my opinion let them continue scheduling all these ****ty USPL 7 man events in the west coast. All the more reason for the teams on the east coast to continue excelling in REAL paintball (xball).
Mr. Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM #129
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
ummm no.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM #130
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball
 
pronking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: look i have a red one!
Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
All *****ing aside, I go to paintball events for the competition and commaradie.
The USPL has the competition along with alot of competitors from every league mentioned here in this thread.
Someone should of asked B-Short if despite all his disappointment experienced last weekend, would he still of participated if he knew ahead of time what it was going to be like?
I'm certainly no PRO, but I've been going to National events for a pretty longtime, and this event was overall better than I expected.
These events lose money, the reason Pure Promotions decided to abandon it in the first place.
USPL is not doing this for the money, their doing it fill the void left by others and because they prefer the format.
How long can they hold out, depends on our participation and support!
This is what a post from a mature adult in the world of PB sounds like!

The thing i question is why would B-short or Ollie or any other pro's complain about it? what did it cost them? a few hours of not being able to hock their free stuff in the pro players b/s/t section?
As always if you read through the posts of guys like Terry, Rodney S. and people who have been in this **** for longer then some of these kids have been out of diapers, you see the real story. I remember reading through these threads when "Pan-Am is a Disgrace" or "Xball is dying" were the headlines, no matter how they run things people will always complain.
As stated by a few of the USPL guys (who if im correct don't get paid or don't make much) this league is for the players, by the players and you can either ***** and complain or you can show up and do something about it.
Being half way retired/old I don't see myself playing to many tournaments anymore so I am going to be volunteering should someone from the USPL have use of me.

Someone posted on here towards the beginning "hind sight is 20/20" I think everyone can say, "Well i would've____________" but how many of you would get off mom and dad's laptop and do it?

Matt
__________________

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
pronking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 PM #131
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
In my opinion let them continue scheduling all these ****ty USPL 7 man events in the west coast. All the more reason for the teams on the east coast to continue excelling in REAL paintball (xball).
I do agree that X-ball is MUCH cooler than 7-man, but I still think that 7-man should be there for those that want it. Though I couldn't see myself ever playing 7-man, I did enjoy the NPPL webcasts while they lasted.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 PM #132
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball
 
pronking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: look i have a red one!
Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
In my opinion let them continue scheduling all these ****ty USPL 7 man events in the west coast. All the more reason for the teams on the east coast to continue excelling in REAL paintball (xball).
REAL paintball involves a pump, 10 round tubes and the woods....
put down your ramping paint flinger and get a gun that takes some skill, then if you are "excelling in real paintball" you should have no problem wiping the floor with any of theses "****ty" 7 man players....
__________________

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
pronking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 PM #133
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking View Post
REAL paintball involves a pump, 10 round tubes and the woods....
put down your ramping paint flinger and get a gun that takes some skill, then if you are "excelling in real paintball" you should have no problem wiping the floor with any of theses "****ty" 7 man players....
saw this one coming from about 10 miles away although I do agree. It seems to me that pump players are a little more mature (most times ) and there is a greater camaraderie than with most lower division, younger kids.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 PM #134
Shocktech102
El Reeeeyyyyy
 
Shocktech102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: *00731*01085*
Shocktech102 helped look for balloons
Shocktech102 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shocktech102 supports Team VICIOUS
Shocktech102 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking View Post
REAL paintball involves a pump, 10 round tubes and the woods....
put down your ramping paint flinger and get a gun that takes some skill, then if you are "excelling in real paintball" you should have no problem wiping the floor with any of theses "****ty" 7 man players....
Although I do agree with you for the most part I also disagree with you strongly. A lot of xball players started in 7 man. NPPL's webcasts made 7 man atleast fun to watch. 7 man is too slow.
__________________
Dynasty Vlocity JR.


ASMC\/ST:A
Originally posted by sdwinder9x:"Lingerie and perfume make women feel sexy. You can use the camera for that too. That'll get you some mean dome."
Shocktech102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 PM #135
figone12
 
 
figone12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
figone12 is for the Gunfight
I always thought that the PSP was own and run by the Major VEnders and Jerry Braum?

The NPPL and the USPL was own and run by some of the pro team?

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/arti..._meeting.shtml

This is what started the spilt? Also I belive that the World cup is and always been own by MR. Jerry Braum? It has alway been a stand a lone tourment that run under the PSP when the Spilt took place. Just MY 2 Cents
figone12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 PM #136
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball
 
pronking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: look i have a red one!
Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
saw this one coming from about 10 miles away although I do agree. It seems to me that pump players are a little more mature (most times ) and there is a greater camaraderie than with most lower division, younger kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktech102 View Post
Although I do agree with you for the most part I also disagree with you strongly. A lot of xball players started in 7 man. NPPL's webcasts made 7 man atleast fun to watch. 7 man is too slow.
I don't even play pump, I just cant stand when someone will bash paintball in another format, If you love paintball you should love all of it and people who play it.
My reference was simply to put to him that if he thinks xball is the way to play and everything else sucks, i'd like to see him play another one of the "****ty" formats.
I have played 3,5,7 and 10 man, Xball, NPPL, XPSL, Pan Am, Big games, and scenario. I love paintball and have for over a decade.....
It irritates the **** out of me when some "kid" wants to bash any aspect of it because without that aspect would his have ever existed?????

Sorry-
end rant...
__________________

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
pronking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 PM #137
l_Dustin_l
#337
 
l_Dustin_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Two5ThReE
l_Dustin_l donated to help Peyton Trent
l_Dustin_l plays in the APPA beginner division
l_Dustin_l is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
l_Dustin_l is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Ir3 03 View Post
NWTS
that right there is where it all statrted up here in the northwest. the northwest tournament series. i know the owner and he wasnt making anything off of it. he was doing it for people to have fu and to play cuz they wanted to play
__________________
ST GDT: 10k up in this *****

R.I.P Jesse 1980-2008
"Originally posted by mo0op: **** that ****. That even goes along with having a girl grope my balls. I don't like that **** either. It's just a trust thing, I guess. I like keeping my nuts well protected. in another mans *** or mouth"
l_Dustin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 PM #138
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking View Post
I don't even play pump, I just cant stand when someone will bash paintball in another format, If you love paintball you should love all of it and people who play it.
My reference was simply to put to him that if he thinks xball is the way to play and everything else sucks, i'd like to see him play another one of the "****ty" formats.
I have played 3,5,7 and 10 man, Xball, NPPL, XPSL, Pan Am, Big games, and scenario. I love paintball and have for over a decade.....
It irritates the **** out of me when some "kid" wants to bash any aspect of it because without that aspect would his have ever existed?????

Sorry-
end rant...
while I've not played all the formats, I would totally be open to it. I am a speedball, 7 man player, but I play pump as well (rec days mostly) and I'm even planning on HOPEFULLY being able to play a UWL this year or next year. Each "form" of paintball has it's downsides, but in the end, it's PAINTBALL and I would rather play, than not.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:26 PM #139
HBDm8Balla (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Support every paintball tourny, stop dissing them or there is no way this sport will grow... it doesnt matter if you play pump, 7-man, or X-ball, if you want our sport to grow we all need to spread the word of paintball and encourage people to play, doesnt matter what type!
HBDm8Balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM #140
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball
 
pronking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: look i have a red one!
Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBDm8Balla View Post
Support every paintball tourny, stop dissing them or there is no way this sport will grow... it doesnt matter if you play pump, 7-man, or X-ball, if you want our sport to grow we all need to spread the word of paintball and encourage people to play, doesnt matter what type!
wouldn't expect a post like that from someone who joined this month.. must be a new account for an old member
__________________

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
pronking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 PM #141
p8nt kid
Joshy
 
p8nt kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
p8nt kid plays in the USPL
p8nt kid plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
In my opinion let them continue scheduling all these ****ty USPL 7 man events in the west coast. All the more reason for the teams on the east coast to continue excelling in REAL paintball (xball).
haha.
__________________
Josh Martinez


p8nt kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM #142
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz
 
DeadBodyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
You could even keep 2 "leagues", but have them held at the same location on the same days. You'd need a slightly larger venue, but you would get more vendors, because they'd only have to go to 4 or 5 events instead of 9. It'd be almost the same as having additional divisions at the same event. The cost to hold the event on the property should also decrease.
i didn't think of how the pros would pull this off they would have to pick one or the other?
__________________
I'm the HNIC of Steven C. Price Photography But I never wear a suit
Social Sites | Vimeo | Twitter | Youtube | Fracture Competition Program Facebook
Active Duty Air Force Above All | Get TuF TuF Shot Video

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM #143
HINGEMAN
 
HINGEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
All *****ing aside, I go to paintball events for the competition and commaradie.
The USPL has the competition along with alot of competitors from every league mentioned here in this thread.
Someone should of asked B-Short if despite all his disappointment experienced last weekend, would he still of participated if he knew ahead of time what it was going to be like?
I'm certainly no PRO, but I've been going to National events for a pretty longtime, and this event was overall better than I expected.
These events lose money, the reason Pure Promotions decided to abandon it in the first place.
USPL is not doing this for the money, their doing it fill the void left by others and because they prefer the format.
How long can they hold out, depends on our participation and support!
First off Terry, you're still my boy. But this statement isn't exactly true.
The USPL was started so the pro teams could control their own destiny and MAKE MONEY off of the divisional teams. I don't blame them for doing it if they were the only show in town but they aren't. Chuck told me at a meeting held at HSP that he will take on the PSP and put them out of business. Why would anyone want to put any other league out of business? Simple...GREED. If this is a "players" league then were are the D2 and D3 seven man representation?

I own a pro team that has played in the USPL and NO I wouldn't have participated in the WCO if I could do it over again.

Why you ask? I will tell you...

Issue one. While the refferees tried their hardest to keep up with the action, many of them had no idea what it takes to ref a national event like this. There was one ref from my area that had been "certified" by the PSP last year. Apparently that's the only qualification one needs to be on the center court field. That ref told me himself that there were many other refs that had little or no experience. After it was all done, I still walked out on the field and shook every refs hand and thanked them for a long day of thankless work. But the power's that be shouldn't let half of these guys onto the fields. I talked to Chuck the weekend before and asked him if these were going to be the refs that he was going to use for the event. He said that most of the refs were at the RPL and NO, they weren't going to use them. Obviously that wasn't the truth. He DID use them.

Issue two is Dan Perez. He lied straight face and told Tom Cole that one of our guns was shooting three balls per pull. If any of you out there own a Luxe you know that ramping can only be achieved if you are in some kind of factory mode like millenium or rebound mode. I would swear my life that there is no such mode in ANY Aftermath gun. As I tried to explain the rules to Tom I was then told, "Just because I own my own league doesn't give me the right to do as I please". WTF did my league have to do with anything? This proves that there is bias against me and my team due to the fact that I'm (WCPPL) their competition.

The ironic thing about the cheater gun issue is Dan Perez couldn't catch a cheater gun if his life depended on it. How would I know this? Well one of the top four Pro teams from the WCO said that they had used their breakout mode the whole event and had no fear of being caught because Dan was "AN IDIOT" and the refs don't even know what it is. In Division One there is another team that uses it at EVERY event and this "mode" more than helps them. I will never tell who they are but as sure as the sun comes up you can GUARANTEE that breakout mode is in full effect.

I have a list of dirty laundry that could be aired out here but I will keep the rest of it to myself. I'm sorry to all of my friends that own part of this league... I'm sure you aren't happy about this post. But if you knowingly allow idiots to keep making mistakes then you are just as much to blame as they are. And rest assured while you are trying to promote 7 man you will be the end of it. I would like to thank Tom Fore, Bart Y, Camille, and the rest that are trying to fight a honorable fight for the good of paintball.

Mike
__________________
West Coast Paintball Players League
HINGEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 PM #144
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBodyMan View Post
i didn't think of how the pros would pull this off they would have to pick one or the other?
Pro's play 7-man at event 1, X-ball at event 2, 7-man at event 3, x-ball at event 4. Scores from both 7-man AND x-ball determine final season rankings, winners will be the teams who are good at more than 1 format of paintball. If there are an odd number of events, then the last event will be an x-ball style All-star game with two 20 minute halfs.

/problem solved
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 PM #145
russianlegion3
 
 
russianlegion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by figone12 View Post
I always thought that the PSP was own and run by the Major VEnders and Jerry Braum?

The NPPL and the USPL was own and run by some of the pro team?

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/arti..._meeting.shtml

This is what started the spilt? Also I belive that the World cup is and always been own by MR. Jerry Braum? It has alway been a stand a lone tourment that run under the PSP when the Spilt took place. Just MY 2 Cents
Rob Staudinger is a co-owner of the PSP also. I think there are 5 owners who each own a piece of the action.
russianlegion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 PM #146
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz
 
DeadBodyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Pro's play 7-man at event 1, X-ball at event 2, 7-man at event 3, x-ball at event 4. Scores from both 7-man AND x-ball determine final season rankings, winners will be the teams who are good at more than 1 format of paintball. If there are an odd number of events, then the last event will be an x-ball style All-star game with two 20 minute halfs.

/problem solved
i like it draw it up send it to me and i will send it in - we will be new league owners
__________________
I'm the HNIC of Steven C. Price Photography But I never wear a suit
Social Sites | Vimeo | Twitter | Youtube | Fracture Competition Program Facebook
Active Duty Air Force Above All | Get TuF TuF Shot Video

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 PM #147
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINGEMAN View Post

Issue two is Dan Perez. He lied straight face and told Tom Cole that one of our guns was shooting three balls per pull. If any of you out there own a Luxe you know that ramping can only be achieved if you are in some kind of factory mode like millenium or rebound mode. I would swear my life that there is no such mode in ANY Aftermath gun.
As I tried to explain the rules to Tom I was then told, "Just because I own my own league doesn't give me the right to do as I please". WTF did my league have to do with anything? This proves that there is bias against me and my team due to the fact that I'm (WCPPL) their competition.

Mike
Field And Tournament Modes
The Luxe is equipped with multiple firing modes ranging from straightforward uncapped semi-automatic to training modes, full-auto, multiple levels of rebound and specific modes for every major tournament series. Calculators and ROF timing tables are unnecessary to set tournament rate of fire limits, just select the mode, maximum rate of fire in bps, and the Luxe is ready to go.
Luxe Firing Modes include:
* Burst Mode (fires a burst of 2, 3 or 4 shots per trigger pull with adjustable ROF limit)

The stock board comes with Burst mode, which can be programmed to shoot 3 balls per trigger pull. One of your players may have accidentally put it in burst mode?
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump