Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM #106
poso

How are the affiliates for the wcppl and where are they, we may start there.I dont know enough about Id pro and the APPA.Like one guy said there isnt much for prizes in the RPL so if guys are sandbagging lower levels that really says something about the type of people who play this sport.Iam going to support both leagues they seem to both be ran by guys who know paintball!
poso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM #107
M40kc
B.Y.O.B

M40kc helped look for balloons
M40kc is playing at Living Legends III
M40kc supports Team VICIOUS
lol I even thought it was was boring
I barely stayed for 2 hours
M40kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 PM #108
Johnny5072
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
OK so we should eliminate the lower divisions? and make regional series feeder events for one big USPL event? so then where are the pros going to play? The pro's can't all play each other in each region... they have to play everywhere just like the rest of us should have to do. Also - eliminating the lower divisions does NOT mean they are all the sudden going to move up to D3/D2 - no... they are going to go play series like WCPPL, Riot, Vicious, RPL and other series instead - meaning the money goes ELSEWHERE and the league collapses - do you honestly think that LESS teams is what the league needs? I seriously doubt you understand what you are trying to suggest... it won't work. What the league NEEDS is players to SUPPORT, and be ambassadors of the league.. but spreading the word - Here in NorCal we have a local series called the PFOA and all the teams have been spreading the word... why? because the more teams the bigger the prize package and the better the event!!!
Sorry Brandon... but everyone knows what team you play for and who owns you and your words - anyone that believes what he says isn't influenced by his position at Dye and Dye's status as a major PSP sponsor is a fool.
start promoting paintball in a POSITIVE way instead of feeding the negativity.
I am saying take the regional events you have now and get the USPL involved to the point where one of the events in a local series schedule is the feeder for a West Coast or East Coast Open. That way you could share the cost with the USPL on smaller feeder events that would then bring those top teams into an East and West Final. At these Regional Final events you determine who would play at the National/World Cup and the Pros can play each other to see where they rank going into the National. In this way the Pros only have to play three major events, 2 Regionals and one National. If the USPL is truly run by the Pros, wouldn't they want to maximize their exposure and decrease their costs? Also local teams can find one of these feeder events in their area and play that to get their ranking in the West or East Coast Regional. Then they can battle it out to see which teams get the chance to play for the Championship.

I am saying let's not put the burden of paintball's survival on the divisional teams just because a National series wants to have four or five events in a year all over the country.

Let the local teams continue to support their local series, and have the USPL be that next level they can strive to. Put some meaning back into the 7man brand and have it be something worth doing.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:40 PM #109
Molly Whop

paintballs expensive.
The companys can make it cheaper, there just to concerned with profit.
That, and the event was staged at a bad location.
Molly Whop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM #110
OGballer22

i was dissapointed, barely any vendors
the grimace
OGballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 PM #111
Johnny5072

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
So you mean like have different regional series, then the top teams from each region play at a national World Cup-type event? Should help to shorten the length of the national event (2 days instead of 4), and it would definitely help vendors if they weren't paying to attend 4 USPL and 4 PSP events every year. Would also be nice for teams to have the option of playing an entire series without having to throw down for a plane ticket, rental car and hotel for every single event. Though I like the idea of having one region vs. another, I think it may be better if there were more than just 2.
I see it as something like this. Teams continue to play in their local series. Try and work with those local promoters and series to either A) take one event out of their series and make it a USPL feeder event OR B) add in an event into the schedule where the goal is to play for their spot in the Major Regional Final. You could set the prize package up like reduced entry fee for your place and share the cost with the USPL to run it. This way teams are still able to grow inside the local events but get a chance at a Regional Final to win their way to the National. As much as we all say we want to support paintball, forcing teams to travel to events all across the country is near ti impossible right now with the bad economy. Nobody has the sponsorship dollars or disposable income to do it this way anymore.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 PM #112
Acos
Smashin' Brahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mikey A View Post
Bring back 10 man
sooo down:]

IAmJigsaw.

AndrewHPhoto.com Km Photo. JigsawPhotography. 1904Photography. ObeyPictures.net Chrono300.com
Acos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 PM #113
ThatGuy47
Matrix Man

has been a member for 10 years
ThatGuy47 plays in the USPL
ThatGuy47 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy47 plays in the APPA D2 division
Wheres b short in this thread.
ThatGuy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM #114
Johnny5072

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy47 View Post
Wheres b short in this thread.
He was never here. The OP posted a piece from his blog and then it started all this.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 PM #115
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Whop View Post
paintballs expensive.
The companys can make it cheaper, there just to concerned with profit.
That, and the event was staged at a bad location.
that's the mentality that keeps tournament ball down.

Really, yes the manufacturers COULD sell item X cheaper, but they would have to sell more units of that specific item to stay afloat, which is pretty much what EVERYONE is doing these days, just trying to stay afloat, so when the economic times get better, they are around for that.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 PM #116
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
All *****ing aside, I go to paintball events for the competition and commaradie.
The USPL has the competition along with alot of competitors from every league mentioned here in this thread.
Someone should of asked B-Short if despite all his disappointment experienced last weekend, would he still of participated if he knew ahead of time what it was going to be like?
I'm certainly no PRO, but I've been going to National events for a pretty longtime, and this event was overall better than I expected.
These events lose money, the reason Pure Promotions decided to abandon it in the first place.
USPL is not doing this for the money, their doing it fill the void left by others and because they prefer the format.
How long can they hold out, depends on our participation and support!
Terry, very well said.
Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:59 PM #117
ThatGuy47
Matrix Man

ThatGuy47 plays in the USPL
ThatGuy47 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy47 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5072 View Post
He was never here. The OP posted a piece from his blog and then it started all this.
So this entire thread started off some jackasses interpretation of a blog post that Brandon Short wrote? The part he selected sounds like he inadvertantly admitted that he was irresponsible and didn't look at what time his games were and set aside enough time to get there and wake up. Lol i love pbnation, i'm going to go find a quote of someone saying something negative about something and try to misrepresent it to be much worse, hope to see you all there!
ThatGuy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 PM #118
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
^^^ one player says something and every agglett on PbN spreads it...
you don't have that power
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 PM #119
Johnny5072

Started by this kid:
>>>
HI GUYS SO IVE BEEN PLAYING PAINTBALL FOR LIKE 7 YEARS NOW ON AND OFF WITH COUPLE FRIENDS AND NOW I WANT TO GET BACK ON A TEAM. IVE DONE 3 TOURNAMENTS 2 WHICH WERE AT SCXBL AND ONE LOCAL. SO IM LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS TEAM WHO PRACTICES EVERY WEEK OR OTHER WEEK AND A TEAM WHO DOES LOCAL TOURNYS AND OR SERIOUS TOURNEYS

AGE= 16 (17 IN 2 MONTHS)
POSITION= BACK/MID
WEIGHT= 220
TRANSPORTATION= I DRIVE
MONEY= I HAVE THE MONEY
GUN= 07 ego
>>>

and he has now been banned.

"saeidiphoto
07-26-2009
N/A
posting Fraud
Permanent Ban"

Good times on the Nation.

At least he started some discussion.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM #120
jvpark
CS Union

jvpark is a Supporting Member
jvpark plays in the USPL
jvpark donated to help Peyton Trent
jvpark owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jvpark is for the Gunfight
jvpark supports Bob Gurnsey
close this thread...

My mailman told me his cousin said... Michael Jackson is still alive... should I start a thread?
jvpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM #121
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
I think it's more the problem of the cost of running a tournament series than the cost of paintball products. No matter how cheap companies sell their products, if a league can't afford to hold an event without making any money, they will fail. There are quite a few out-of-industry factors involved that are making these events so costly to run. Paintball on T.V. was a bad idea, but looking for sponsor attention outside of paintball wasn't.

At the moment, I'm doing what I can to help local and regional tournaments stay afloat, I wouldn't even begin to know how we could fix the national tournament scene. What I have noticed is this:
World Cup, from 2003 to 2008, total teams playing:
'03- 340 teams
'04- 359 teams
'05- 334 teams
'06- 375 teams
'07- 372 teams
'08- 333 teams

If the USPL wants to stay afloat, they would need to match this level of consistency. For 6 years running, the PSP has managed to end each season with a turn out of over 330 teams at the tournament which is considered to be the biggest tournament in the world. With a full 2 months until the next world cup, there are already 200 teams registered and several teams even already paid up.

Since central florida seems to have such a solid turnout, maybe the USPL should consider having their season opener there every year? You could even host it at a paintball field instead of a sports complex (or fantasy of flight ) to save money. Just a thought.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 PM #122
Cnd_baller

Make a national 7man and Xball series.

Split the cost of the bigger venues in half. Find some sort of way for teams to play both , but not for 4000$ per event, and dont only give cash prizes.
Cnd_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 PM #123
JMR

JMR is a founding member
JMR donated to help Peyton Trent
JMR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintball has always been rediculously expensive.. the economy sucks and paintball is really seeing a back lash. the industry and needs to re-gress with the rest of the economy as far as convienence and pricing goes because no one can afford this anymore. prices have done nothing but stay the same at best... plus the prize lots at these events are hardly worth playing for as they barely cover teams costs...

the days of expensive paint, guns, tournements are over and everyone needs to pull back a bit.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:05 PM #124
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
merge the two leagues back like 02 PSP/NPPL have 8 events and less money by peope putting towrds 2 different leagues and offer xball/7man and also pump div because pump is starting to gather steam. make the prices afforable and everyone is happy

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 PM #125
fsupb45
Florida State Paintball

fsupb45 is an NCPA player
fsupb45 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpark View Post
close this thread...

My mailman told me his cousin said... Michael Jackson is still alive... should I start a thread?
thats because he is alive and this is all just a big publicity stunt to promote his tour

back on subject now wasnt it the goal of uspl to have events at fields to help reduce overall event cost
Old 07-27-2009, 10:27 PM #126
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBodyMan View Post
merge the two leagues back like 02 PSP/NPPL have 8 events and less money by peope putting towrds 2 different leagues and offer xball/7man and also pump div because pump is starting to gather steam. make the prices afforable and everyone is happy
You could even keep 2 "leagues", but have them held at the same location on the same days. You'd need a slightly larger venue, but you would get more vendors, because they'd only have to go to 4 or 5 events instead of 9. It'd be almost the same as having additional divisions at the same event. The cost to hold the event on the property should also decrease.
Ri0T is offline   Reply With Quote