Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 AM #211
sawyerpaintballer
SAWYERPAINTBALLER

Everyone want to see what paintball is all about - check out this blog - my son pitted for Legend players Richard and Dennis who are both on this thread at the USPL SC Village - the blog details all 4 days of his experiences - with photos - look at how fun the game can be for young ballers - and read the story about Nicky Cuba - and remember why we all started playing and why we keep on playing http://sawyerpaintballer.blogspot.com

Sawyer Smith, Team Max'd Kidz
sawyerpaintballer@yahoo.com
Paintball blog http://sawyerpaintballer.blogspot.com
Thanks to sponsors Nicky Cuba and NuSkool Paintball www.nicky-cuba.com, Hollywood Sports Paintball Park www.hollywoodsports.com, Exalt www.exaltpaintball.com, Golden State Paintball www.goldenstatesports.com
Follow on www.twitter.com/sawyerpaintball, www.youtube.com/dansmithfirstteam
facebook at sawyerdansmith
sawyerpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 AM #212
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerpaintballer View Post
Everyone want to see what paintball is all about - check out this blog - my son pitted for Legend players Richard and Dennis who are both on this thread at the USPL SC Village - the blog details all 4 days of his experiences - with photos - look at how fun the game can be for young ballers - and read the story about Nicky Cuba - and remember why we all started playing and why we keep on playing http://sawyerpaintballer.blogspot.com
That is an awesome read, and sounds like you two had a great time.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM #213
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak36 View Post
That is an awesome read, and sounds like you two had a great time.
agreed-i read through it and how great is that to see among all this other stuff?

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
pronking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 AM #214
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerpaintballer View Post
Read the entire thing, and I'm glad I did. Truly is great to see pro players that cool.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 AM #215
navigator
Roth

has been a member for 10 years
navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Awesome blog. Sounds like Nicky and the arsenal organization hooked him up.
navigator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 AM #216
halob54
Sam

halob54 donated to help Peyton Trent
halob54 helped look for balloons
nice blog... nicky is my favorite too
halob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:12 AM #217
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
That blog was a great read - THAT right there is what a pro paintball player is all about - and what I love about the sport over all other sports. No other sport can you just walk onto your local "field" and see, shake hands with or even play with a pro. Nicky is a prime example of what Brandon SHOULD be doing with his blog - handing out positive experiences, not trying to tear down the leagues that these young players can't even afford to play but wish they could
Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM #218
shorty06
Elements Paintball!

Annual Supporting Member
shorty06 is a Supporting Member
shorty06 plays in the USPL
shorty06 plays in the PSP
shorty06 supports Cereal Killerz 2
shorty06 donated to help Peyton Trent
shorty06 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
That blog was a great read - THAT right there is what a pro paintball player is all about - and what I love about the sport over all other sports. No other sport can you just walk onto your local "field" and see, shake hands with or even play with a pro. Nicky is a prime example of what Brandon SHOULD be doing with his blog - handing out positive experiences, not trying to tear down the leagues that these young players can't even afford to play but wish they could
I completely 100% agree with you on that one Kitty. Thats one of the reason that my team supports Mike and the WCPPL. After we took second place in 5man at HB we were at practice at ASG and Mike showed up. He was walking around talking to players while we were getting ready for the next set. Mike came by shuck all my players hands and congratulated all of us for placing second at HB and thanked us for signing up for the WCPPL event 2 and if there was anything that we needed or had suggestions on the tournament to please let him know. That to me said a lot about Mike would go out of his way to hang out and interact with players. I know whats next people are gonna say that Aftermath was there and thats the only reason he was there. WRONG Mike has come out to ASG when Aftermath is not there and hangs out for the whole day talking to players. Thats where Mike in book gets big

Snake Player Gang!
shorty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 AM #219
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
What issues could you possibly have with Johnny? he's cool as ****!
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM #220
shorty06
Elements Paintball!

Annual Supporting Member
shorty06 is a Supporting Member
shorty06 plays in the USPL
shorty06 plays in the PSP
shorty06 supports Cereal Killerz 2
shorty06 donated to help Peyton Trent
shorty06 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post

Snake Player Gang!
shorty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:30 PM #221
Johnny5072
Center50 Films

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
I think it was just a troll statement, typical PBNation behavior.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM #222
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
if I was going to troll anyone, it wouldn't be you...IDK how that makes any sense...but maybe you broke his heart or something
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 PM #223
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
if I was going to troll anyone, it wouldn't be you...IDK how that makes any sense...but maybe you broke his heart or something
Wouldn't be the first time an ex-girlfriend made a pbnation account
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM #224
scottaka_rufio

scottaka_rufio helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post

Although i agree partly with what you said about nicky is true i dont agree with what you said about brandon really "Bashing" the uspl. He said it was a small event and that he didnt believe with how it was run but i dont see that as really bashing...
scottaka_rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:58 PM #225
italianstalion24
"I'm kind of a big deal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Ir3 03 View Post
These Events are nothing what they used to be and What I do not understand is that more people are playing and less teams are showing up. You know it's getting bad when there are only 4 events in each the PSP and the USPL. It's nothing like it used to be. Years ago there were more events. More vendors. I remember in 2003 being the NJ person I am in Englishtown they had a NPPL event and even tho the weather sucked there were so many teams, vendors, people. Were did it all go.

What I believe needs to happen is cut all this D3 stuff out and just play D2-D1-Semi-Pro. No need for pump being we can't even get more then 40 teams at a tourney is unbelievable. We need for it too cheaper, more reasonable to locations, and we need more support. For many seasons. Its all on the west coast. Do people realize that we have MA, NYC, NJ, PA, MD, Washington..With some of the nicest fields on the cost. I think people need to realize more people are playing here then in California. Where a huge base of Pro Teams are.

Why even hold a event with 40 teams. Might as well combine all the Divisions and let there be Pro, Semi, and then the rest. And I would say lower the fee for teams to play but I don't even think thats the case. If I think about it..I rather lower it anyways maybe it would attract 1-5 more teams. What do you have to lose...Get some more money or No money at all??? I have been playing for some time now and its just getting worse too where the local series events are turning out better. Just my opinion but we need help.
you failed to mention NC where we have probably more paintball then half the states u stated.... nc, sc, ga, fl, have some of the best teams out there.
italianstalion24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM #226
sawyerpaintballer
SAWYERPAINTBALLER

if you guys continue to read bshorts blog - he was just having a bad day - he had just flown in from austrailia - and was going to fly back to austrailia or costa rica as soon as the event was over - and remember he totally hates to fly - and while he should have probably curbed his remarks a little bit at the time - frustration and exhaustion got the better of him - but be clear he played super hard all weekend and he was also really great to the fans and sawyer signing autographs and posing for pictures all weekend - nicky was just totally over the top of anything I have ever heard of - but bshort other than a few misplaced comments was great too so bang on him too hard

Sawyer Smith, Team Max'd Kidz
sawyerpaintballer@yahoo.com
Paintball blog http://sawyerpaintballer.blogspot.com
Thanks to sponsors Nicky Cuba and NuSkool Paintball www.nicky-cuba.com, Hollywood Sports Paintball Park www.hollywoodsports.com, Exalt www.exaltpaintball.com, Golden State Paintball www.goldenstatesports.com
Follow on www.twitter.com/sawyerpaintball, www.youtube.com/dansmithfirstteam
facebook at sawyerdansmith
sawyerpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM #227
scottaka_rufio

agreed^^^
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 PM #228
emsplatt

Annual Supporting Member
emsplatt donated to help Peyton Trent
emsplatt supports our troops
We need the limited paint cheep entry pan am league back, I loved playing back then
Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 PM #229
ArsenalPB

ArsenalPB is a Professional paintball player
DC CHALLENGE is 100 percent. The event will be fantastic and we will have some exciting announcements this week. Any teams who want to come in for practice at PEVS this month, PM me. Thx. Tom
ArsenalPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 AM #230
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottaka_rufio View Post
Although i agree partly with what you said about nicky is true i dont agree with what you said about brandon really "Bashing" the uspl. He said it was a small event and that he didnt believe with how it was run but i dont see that as really bashing...
when you focus on negative aspects of the league where a lot of people come away with positive experiences it's bashing. Too many wannabe agglets in the world eat up every word he types/says and He would do better to promote the league by highlighting the positive things about the weekend.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 AM #231
scottaka_rufio

Bshort was on Arsenal correct? And i believe they place pretty well right? If thats so and him and plenty of other people are sayin it was a crappy experience then maybe there on to somthing...

Last edited by scottaka_rufio : 07-30-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: edit.