PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2009, 03:25 PM #43
vargg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B. View Post
To all the tank owners and tank crews, please accept my apology for any negative comments you may have recieved. You guys do invest an incredible amount of time and effort into your tanks for this game. The players and generals love seeing you out there and so does Skirmish. You guys are a big part of the game. It won't happen again.
which part?

the talking down to us or the no free case of paint
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2009, 03:36 PM #44
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vargg View Post
which part?

the talking down to us or the no free case of paint
I think he means the negative part. As for the free paint part I could careless, I paid for my 3 cases. If the tanks are held to their own budget then alot of the overshooting would subside, not all but a good portion. Now I'd like to see the tankers maybe get a different color of paint though. That way you can say that you tried to take on a tank and lost/won.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-25-2009, 03:49 PM #45
vargg

not to be petty but it does matter. its a huge undertaking bringin this to a game. i understand the field is a buisness out to make money and they have overhead as well. but i dont think a free reg or case of paint is askin alot. i can only afford a few scenario games a year play woodfsball the rest of the time. im tellin u this game isnt gettin any cheaper. and if they cant "afford" to help me why should i help them with my loyalty. dont get me wrong i had a blast but hell i have fun at paintball no matter what most the time. hell i even had fun with all the blatant cheating and other bs i saw. but if i can go to game 1. that wants me there. 2 is cheaper. and 3 when i shoot people with 1 paintball instead of 30, 40 or 50 they go out. its not that big of a decision.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:43 PM #46
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by vargg View Post
not to be petty but it does matter. its a huge undertaking bringing this to a game. i understand the field is a business out to make money and they have overhead as well. but i don't think a free reg or case of paint is asking alot. i can only afford a few scenario games a year play woodfsball the rest of the time. im tellin u this game isnt gettin any cheaper. and if they cant "afford" to help me why should i help them with my loyalty. don't get me wrong i had a blast but hell i have fun at paintball no matter what most the time. hell i even had fun with all the blatant cheating and other bs i saw. but if i can go to game 1. that wants me there. 2 is cheaper. and 3 when i shoot people with 1 paintball instead of 30, 40 or 50 they go out. its not that big of a decision.
yes bringing a tank to a game and all the costs that come with owning a tank is a pain in the *** and the wallet. but thats your burden not the Fields. they didn't ask you to build it, bring it, and shoot a **** load of paint out of it . you made that choice the day you made it. they don't owe you or any other tank crew anything except maybe a thank you or a good job .if you don't like it next year just leave yours at home. I'm sure some one will be willing to fill your tank's spot on the Field
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-26-2009, 03:57 AM #47
vargg

your right they will have plennty of people ready to replace the tank. i agree. i never said any 1 owed any 1 anything. but most fields help out the tankers. skirmish did too until this year. hell back in the day they gave u 3 cases of paint for bringin a tank. emr gave us a free reg. and a free case of paint. guess ill play there or every other field that works with the tankers, which there are many. so if this is the attitde ill take my buisness elsewhere end of story. so on that point im done with this topic.

Last edited by vargg : 07-26-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 AM #48
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

I agree with Vargg, we are talking about what surmounts to a $20-$25 dollar case of paint (What Skirmish is paying for it, not THE PUBLIC's price). ITs a small gesture, but one that gives the guys that run tanks, one less thing to worry about shuch as:
Building the tank = $$$$$
Paying for Parts = $$$
Paying for Insurance = $$
Paying for a Trailer & associated registration & Insurance = $
Buying Gas for Tank = $$$
Buying gas to Trailer Tank to & from Field = $$$
Cleanup & storage of the Tank post Game = Time & $$$$$

Kinda like saying "hey, your tank is bringining alot to the game for us, and causes alot of money in paint to be shot at/from it, which (bottom line) is putting more money in our wallets at the end of the day........here'
s a case of paint/free registration to say thanks"

Its a small gesture, but one that counts.......
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
Old 07-26-2009, 09:05 AM #49
dermilchmann

It'd be sad not to have the tanks at this game. They do contribute to the whole game. it's a scenario not just a huge woodsball game. They won't allow mortars, and non manufactured rpgs. All things that also add alot to the game. People spend alot of cash at these events and to see a mortar, rpg, and tanks is part of the deal. Tanks a pain in the behind? No more than any other part of the whole thing. What would be next? No costumes because if you wear a mask over your paintball mask it hinders your sight and you may get hurt. Or maybe no authentic uniforms because that offends people. True the tank teams choose to operate and bring the tanks. They don't have to. It's alot of extra costs to them. We all spend alot of cash on this sport. Why use a $1000 marker when a $100 one works too? Choice. The fields should embrace the people that bring the props and tanks. It just adds to the fields persona. Free paint or reg well that is business. All just my 2 cents.

http://thekorporation.webs.com/
Sponsored by ANSgear
American MVT Eye of the Eagle 09
German General Stalingrad in Vermont 09
Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 AM #50
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Lets end this post

I think its time to end this post. We as players are probably not going to resolve anything anyway. The Skirmish Management has their reasons for their actions and thats the way it is. I personally dont wont to be labled some kind of troublemaker from these posts. I am not asking for anything in return from anyone. I am just a person whom occasionally wants to play paintball with some friends and have a good time in the process. The only way I can play now due to health reasons is in a tank. I had a good time at Skirmish despite what has been said or implied on these posts. This game and the Stalingrad game for me was overall the best times ever at this field. I am just hoping now that if and when I return to this field we can all shake hands, have a good time, and let the paintballs do our talking for us. I am done talking about this subject.

Have a nice day!

Nelson
Team CroMagnum
Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 PM #51
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
I personally dont wont to be labled some kind of troublemaker from these posts.

Labeled a troublemaker?! Come walk a mile in my shoes.....LMAO!!!
(I wouldn't worry about it........)
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

Old 07-26-2009, 04:41 PM #52
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
Yes, there was a mix up on the registered tanks on the german side. We were 1 of the 3 tanks requested by Pete but someone else registered there tank with out his permission. We were therefore limited on our playing time.We were told that we couldnt use our tank on sunday to keep the numbers even but a referee told us to get ready, we were going in.We went in and wrecked the allies.We were than told to leave the field because there was a miscommunication between the ref and Terry.We were NOT pulled because of any other reason.(get your facts straight).Just for the record, whenever we inserted our tank, we pushed straight behind the enemy lines creating large pushes for our team. Also, anyone who has ever been in a tank knows that you cannot hear or feel every rocket hit on the tank! We do rely heavy on the tank ref to watch for us. The sound of hundreds of paintballs hitting the tank gets deafening at times. We had a fantastic ref with us on saturday. He let us do our thing. Our team would gladly provide our own tank ref if that would help. With 4 Egos manning the tank we probably shot around 15-20 cases while on the field. Tanks are great motivators of players(I.E more paint fired and more game action).
I'm glad to have the other side of the story, I can see how the person who told me originally may have misunderstood/misinterpreted that. But I think this does add to my point that miscommunications are responsible for a good deal of the problems on field. And this is also one of countless stories I've heard of people getting bad info from Skirmish refs. One ref even told a friend of mine that a nerf rocket couldn't kill a tank.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 PM #53
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephysteaux View Post
But I think this does add to my point that miscommunications are responsible for a good deal of the problems on field. And this is also one of countless stories I've heard of people getting bad info from Skirmish refs. One ref even told a friend of mine that a nerf rocket couldn't kill a tank.
Hmmmmm........sounds like evidence of a larger problem
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM

Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 PM #54
warthog6
Paintball Video Nuggets

warthog6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips View Post
yes bringing a tank to a game and all the costs that come with owning a tank is a pain in the *** and the wallet. but thats your burden not the Fields. they didn't ask you to build it, bring it, and shoot a **** load of paint out of it . you made that choice the day you made it. they don't owe you or any other tank crew anything except maybe a thank you or a good job .if you don't like it next year just leave yours at home. I'm sure some one will be willing to fill your tank's spot on the Field
Holy crap! Cornchips for president! I believe he's saying it like it is! And he's on a team with a rockin' paint spewin' tank.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing tanks at scenario games. They add to the challenge, the storyline, and another dimension to a big game. However, some players invest in long commutes to the game, some invest in elaborate costumes, elaborate markers, etc., and I see the tankers as no different. We love the tanks but no one asked you to bring it. If the field did indeed ask you to bring one then yeah, they could\should help you out. If you brought it on your own initiative then you\your team have ALL the responsibility for it. The fun and glory it brings is all yours alone to brag about.

That's my opinion.

Paintball Video Nuggets
Old 07-26-2009, 06:09 PM #55
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

The Breslin apology!

Mr. Breslin,

I didnt see your apology speech until someone mentioned you made one and I had to scan the posting to find it. I dont think an apology is really in order here to us tankers. I am not speaking for us all and just myself. I am sure you were directed to make those comments to us all from within the upper Skirmish Management. Perhaps as a whole we tankers took the anti tank remarks to seriously. I think by combining your remarks and the fact that some tank perks were not granted this time around. People including myself got a little short thoughted on the real perspective of the game. Perhaps this game was your first as the Scenerio Director and we all learn from any mistakes which are said or made. As far as I know and what I have read from other posts overall the game went better then most in the past. Maybe in the future you should schedule a mandatory meeting with all tank crews to explain any changes or new tank requirements from the Skirmish Management. What I want to know now is yours and the Skirmish findings on us tankers. You indicated in your pre-inspection speech that we tankers were going to be scutinized and analyzed on future participation. If a report was made would you please tell us now how we were rated so the tanking community will know if its now welcome at this field. I thought I was done with this subject but maybe just one more remark from you will do the trick.

Nelson
Team CroMagnum
Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM #56
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephysteaux View Post
I'm glad to have the other side of the story, I can see how the person who told me originally may have misunderstood/misinterpreted that. But I think this does add to my point that miscommunications are responsible for a good deal of the problems on field. And this is also one of countless stories I've heard of people getting bad info from Skirmish refs. One ref even told a friend of mine that a nerf rocket couldn't kill a tank.
my first time in the tank we got shot with an rocket one of the 3 refs that were around us told us that it was not an official kill because he marked all the legal rockets with his hand writing then about 5 minutes later another ref told us that 2 hits from any rocket was a kill about 10 minutes after that yet another ref said that any 1 rocket hit was a kill we got 3 different kill ruling from 3 different refs in about 15 minutes i thought that was kinda funny
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 PM #57
JFBig Mac
Assassins Guild

As tank operator of Buzzkill, let me first say that I did have fun operating the tank even though the cheating was deplorable. And if anyone got overshot by me or whoever was in our gunship – TOO BAD!!! CALL YOURSELF OUT WHEN YOU GET HIT THE FIRST TIME!!! I gave everyone a 3 round burst before I laid into them and when I see paint break and you return fire - not my fault you walked away looking like you had a disease.

While I had fun driving and operating Buzzkill there are many things that need to change at Skirmish regarding tanks. For one, the whole WE DONT LIKE TANKS speech was not very warm and fuzzy. I waited numerous times for a tank ref and Sat night I waited so long I was told it was too late. At one point Sunday while I was immobile I couldn’t even see my ref to find out how long I had. Tank rules were not clear to ANYONE! In the pre-game rules that were distributed out over the internet any rocket was a kill and a grenade needed 2; Terry told me I needed 2 consecutive regardless of rocket or grenade; my Sunday tank ref just thought I needed two at any time (I lasted the immobile and was then hit again and called dead - not his fault he was told misinformation). Then there was the "how long am I immobile" fiasco that was "indefinite unless you want to call yourself out and reinsert" then it was "20 minutes" and on Sunday it was "10 minutes" I did my absolute best to agree to whatever a ref/Terry told me regarding when I can go on the field, when I have to get off, my chrono speed, if I was hit, etc.

What annoyed me was the blatant cheating from players and the oblivious German tank refs. I saw our turret man shoot a German tank with 3 rockets and there were two players that threw grenades before they were called out. I don’t blame the tank because as someone already mentioned you don’t always see everything in the tank. I rely heavily on my refs to tell me if I am immobile or taken out.

And give me a break about supplying refs – Skirmish knew they were going to have 3500 players and 6 tanks and if they can't have enough refs on staff then they shouldn’t be operating a paintball field. The only action I saw with Buzzkill was on the beach (due to my size and Skirmish field cannot accommodate me anywhere else and too bad for me not Skirmish) and at times my tank ref was the only ref I saw. I tell people there is a reason I travel another hour and half north of Skirmish – good refs. Don’t give me a safety speech and then not provide enough refs to call out the scum bag cheaters. And from what I saw it was constant legal reinsertion anyway.

Does Skirmish “owe” me anything for bringing up the tank – hell no. But as Bomber said, “what’s a $20 case” Especially for what tanks bring to the game. Like someone said – It always helps breakup stalemate battles.

And a thank you to all the players and tank crews that did try and play a fair game. It was great running with the other tanks (You want the high side or the low side??), it was great to see a few RPG’s creating havoc on the field, and it was great to meet SOME honest paintballers.

Last edited by JFBig Mac : 07-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:33 PM #58
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog6 View Post
Holy crap! Cornchips for president! I believe he's saying it like it is! And he's on a team with a rockin' paint spewin' tank.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing tanks at scenario games. They add to the challenge, the storyline, and another dimension to a big game. However, some players invest in long commutes to the game, some invest in elaborate costumes, elaborate markers, etc., and I see the tankers as no different. We love the tanks but no one asked you to bring it. If the field did indeed ask you to bring one then yeah, they could\should help you out. If you brought it on your own initiative then you\your team have ALL the responsibility for it. The fun and glory it brings is all yours alone to brag about.

That's my opinion.
That whole statement is absurd, comparing a tank to a uniform isnt even close.Or a marker? come on! And yes i have a few uniforms and one tank. the standard has been to ease the pain of the tankers wallets a bit by comping a reg or some paint. As I said that is the STANDARD practice. fields do it to help the tankers out and of course add to the game by having tanks.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM #59
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

so everyone knows skirmish is curently working on their Tank rules. Im sure they will be easy to understand and fair

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM #60
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBomber View Post
Labeled a troublemaker?! Come walk a mile in my shoes.....LMAO!!!
(I wouldn't worry about it........)
YOU a Troublemaker??? no, certainly not

I for one had a freakn blast running in the turret of Buzzkill a few times. Best case of paint I spent all weekend. Maybe because I was shooting people from a tank, but I noticed that wiping was limited for once. it was the only time all game that I actually saw players call themselves out when hit.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:03 PM #61
michelle
Pickles

At least there is a great picture of Buzzkill
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM #62
Sieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
That whole statement is absurd, comparing a tank to a uniform isnt even close.
I don't know, your uniforms are looking better than your tank these days....
www.themillerstrykebrigade.com
www.myspace.com/msbpaintball
Old 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM #63
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I don't know, your uniforms are looking better than your tank these days....
My Panzer looks great with all those kill rings on the barrel I was going to paint it before ion but couldnt get anyone to mix up panzer yellow wtf.

1.SS Panzer Korps