PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM #22
deadpooll
Loudmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Our tank also got the we dont need you and we don't want you here speech. We were told that tanks are nothing but a pain in the butt.
For a team that spends thousands of dollars building these machines, thousands of dollars towing them across the country to distant fields and spend thousands of dollars in paint to feed these things this is very VERY dissapointing to hear.
Dedicating one ref is too costly for the field? Think of the exciting atmosphere tanks create when they roll up on the front lines, think of the thousands and thousands of dollars in paint 3500 players dump on enemy tanks when they see them on the field, think of the thousands of dollars in paint the tanks throw themselves.
I think it is downright stupid to do away with the tanks altogether.
If there's a problem with a certain tank at the game "jackassery" if you will, the solution is simple, throw them off the field and do not allow them back.
But for a tank crew like ours, with a reputation for playing honestly and safely, it is unfair to be punished for the acts of other tank crews who may have created problems in the past.
I couldn't agree more.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2009, 03:22 PM #23
Jeepers Creepers
Previously Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C|-|AINSAW View Post
You never saw this?

That was IT! Beast!
Gosh oh, gee oh....how'd they get that size
Golly gee...When you turn them heaters on
Woe is me...got to put my cheaters on
Jeepers, creepers....where'd ya get them peepers
Oh, those weepers....how they hypnotize"
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM #24
vargg

i know im gonna regret even voicing my opinion here but u know what pissed me off when i inquired why tanks dont get a free case of paint anymore, like they always have in the past, i was told if i dont like it leave. i should be lucky to have my tank here at all. so my reward for bringing my tank to another state is having it there at all??? lame, if u have that attitude ill find another field . never mind the thousands and thousands of rounds i shot. i shot 5 cases so did my gunner not to mention who knows how many rounds the allies threw at us. if u wanna tell me there are doin away with the tanks over safety i think thats bs. i dont know about u guys, but b4 the beach assault i was standing in the woods wondering why as far as my eyes could see every 1 wasnt wearing masks and had their barrel bags off. hundreds of players aired up with paint in their guns no masks on itchin to shoot sumthin and no barrel bags on. oh now thats safe lol. any 1 else notice that???
Old 07-24-2009, 05:19 PM #25
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yea, i personally had my mask off before the beach battle started, not a great idea, most of us did
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM #26
vargg

i hear ya but would it have killed every 1 to put there bags on. see my point. hell i saw people firing. and not a single ref did a thing about it. and they wanna bust my balls about safety.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:44 PM #27
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yea, its bs
Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 PM #28
Jeepers Creepers
Previously Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargg View Post
i know im gonna regret even voicing my opinion here but u know what pissed me off when i inquired why tanks dont get a free case of paint anymore, like they always have in the past, i was told if i dont like it leave. i should be lucky to have my tank here at all. so my reward for bringing my tank to another state is having it there at all??? lame, if u have that attitude ill find another field . never mind the thousands and thousands of rounds i shot. i shot 5 cases so did my gunner not to mention who knows how many rounds the allies threw at us. if u wanna tell me there are doin away with the tanks over safety i think thats bs. i dont know about u guys, but b4 the beach assault i was standing in the woods wondering why as far as my eyes could see every 1 wasnt wearing masks and had their barrel bags off. hundreds of players aired up with paint in their guns no masks on itchin to shoot sumthin and no barrel bags on. oh now thats safe lol. any 1 else notice that???
Tanks are awesome and I think it would be a grave mistake on skirmish's end to stop the use of them. I mean Its ION! Tanks bring a level of mayhem and chaos that adds this great thrill to the game. Tanks promote skirmish. it makes their games that much more fun. And I dont think asking for a free case is to much. Your adding a kick *** element to the game "TANKS"! In any case the game would still be great without tanks, but it wouldnt be the same. I think it would be terrible if they got rid of them.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM #29
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Funny how it all boils down to the allmighty $......

All good points listed above.....
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
Old 07-24-2009, 08:22 PM #30
Windhund

Hmmmm, no mortars, no tanks, no PAK cannons- we might as well save the cash we spend @ Skirmish and head for OK-DAY where they ASK for that type of authenticity- I guess Paul just wants to have a big woods ball tourney and call it ION- Invasion of Nothing....if all the tanks et al disappear they'll still b!tch about having to pay any refs doing anything- might as well turn it into an airsoft event.....yawn.... You're not welcome BUT we'll take your MONEY!!!!!
German XO: SP Russian Front 2009
German XO & MVP: Stalingrad Colchester Paintball 2009
German MVP & MVT Panzer Lehr, 1.SS Panzer Korps: Skirmish Stalingrad 2010
Scenario MVT Panzer Lehr, 1.SS Panzer Korps: OXCC Stalingrad 2011
Panzer Lehr: First Onto the Field and the Last to Leave
Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 PM #31
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear I wasnt the only tanker that got the "we dont really want you speech". I never got a speech like that from Nyxx. When she was there she always supported us. After 5 days of thinking about the whole experience. Perhaps I'll take my tank and business elsewhere. In the fifteen years I have played at this place. Two of it in a tank. It has just got to many negative memories for me. The best games I have ever played at this field was the one back in March and this one. The only reason I still go to this field is because of my teamates support of it. Maybe I'll sit the next big game out and schedule myself at another field that wants us. My tank also shot 5 cases of paint and I lost 23-25 nerf rockets I took there. Although I did retrieve some others found on the field and at the lost and found. Some had names on them, some didnt. I'll do another post sometime listing the team names on the rockets. If you want them back send me an address and I'll mail them to you. And if I get a Dear John notice from the Skirmish owner or management for my posts then they can kiss me goodbye. I am looking at playing at other fields anyway in NY, Oh, Va, and NC, in the near future. My teammates discussed some of these topics on the way home Sunday evening now showing up in the posts. My real life younger brother (aka Al Steel to the role players) and I got so mad Sunday afternoon because we had so little time for scheduled play we considered taking our tank off the field. But our mission in the game was to support the Allied troops and thats what we did in the time allowed. We are team players. Our team spent alot of money to come here and play this weekend. It almost wasnt worth the 4-6 total hours for both days we were allowed on the field. We did our best to play honest and listened to our tank refs who did an outstanding job with us in the field. Thanks again to all my German tanker counterparts and RPG'ers for making this game more exciting. Yes thats right. I am thanking the RPG'ers who are our worst nightmare in all games and fields. If it wasnt for us tankers the RPG'ers wouldnt have much to shoot at in games. Perhaps some of the players on both sides who got tank support in this game should chime in and make some comments.

Thanks for your time!

Nelson aka: Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Scenerio & Armor
Our twenty year anniversary "1989-2009"
A Tyrell Affiliate
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM #32
vargg

i prolly wont take my tank there again. ill vote with my money. im startin to hear alot of similar comments . but im sure skirmish doesnt care. theyll be no shortage of people. and people wonder why theres so many cheaters at skirmish.u know i coulda delt with all the cheating and bs. but as soon as i went to terry and asked the no free case of paint he went off on me. we're lucky to be there?wow i was blown away . thats how u treat your customer huh. .only reason i went at all is cause lots of my friends went . keep that attitude and see the quality of folks u get at your games. my guess is half the reason they get the people they do now is for similar reasons. but im sure alll the cheating will get old for every 1 eventually. they arnt the only game in town.

Last edited by vargg : 07-24-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 PM #33
Jeepers Creepers
Previously Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
Hi everyone,

Glad to hear I wasnt the only tanker that got the "we dont really want you speech". I never got a speech like that from Nyxx. When she was there she always supported us. After 5 days of thinking about the whole experience. Perhaps I'll take my tank and business elsewhere. In the fifteen years I have played at this place. Two of it in a tank. It has just got to many negative memories for me. The best games I have ever played at this field was the one back in March and this one. The only reason I still go to this field is because of my teamates support of it. Maybe I'll sit the next big game out and schedule myself at another field that wants us. My tank also shot 5 cases of paint and I lost 23-25 nerf rockets I took there. Although I did retrieve some others found on the field and at the lost and found. Some had names on them, some didnt. I'll do another post sometime listing the team names on the rockets. If you want them back send me an address and I'll mail them to you. And if I get a Dear John notice from the Skirmish owner or management for my posts then they can kiss me goodbye. I am looking at playing at other fields anyway in NY, Oh, Va, and NC, in the near future. My teammates discussed some of these topics on the way home Sunday evening now showing up in the posts. My real life younger brother (aka Al Steel to the role players) and I got so mad Sunday afternoon because we had so little time for scheduled play we considered taking our tank off the field. But our mission in the game was to support the Allied troops and thats what we did in the time allowed. We are team players. Our team spent alot of money to come here and play this weekend. It almost wasnt worth the 4-6 total hours for both days we were allowed on the field. We did our best to play honest and listened to our tank refs who did an outstanding job with us in the field. Thanks again to all my German tanker counterparts and RPG'ers for making this game more exciting. Yes thats right. I am thanking the RPG'ers who are our worst nightmare in all games and fields. If it wasnt for us tankers the RPG'ers wouldnt have much to shoot at in games. Perhaps some of the players on both sides who got tank support in this game should chime in and make some comments.

Thanks for your time!

Nelson aka: Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Scenerio & Armor
Our twenty year anniversary "1989-2009"
A Tyrell Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargg View Post
i prolly wont take my tank there again. ill vote with my money. im startin to hear alot of similar comments . but im sure skirmish doesnt care. theyll be no shortage of people. and people wonder why theres so many cheaters at skirmish.u know i coulda delt with all the cheating and bs. but as soon as i went to terry and asked the no free case of paint he went off on me. we're lucky to be there?wow i was blown away . thats how u treat your customer huh. .only reason i went at all is cause lots of my friends went . keep that attitude and see the quality of folks u get at your games. my guess is half the reason they get the people they do now is for similar reasons. but im sure alll the cheating will get old for every 1 eventually. they arnt the only game in town.
Oh no! You guys are important! You make the game so much more fun! When i see your tanks roll onto the field it allways ways brings a smile to my face, and I get pumped to go charge. You guys cant throw it in just because skirmish is being difficult. I mean I think you guys should get a least one case of free paint, but well... Your tanks kick ***! I mean you guys have every right to do what you please with your tanks, because their your tanks! But you guys not being there next time would be a big upset. Have you tried talking to skirmish about the next event? I mean its worth a shot. Hell, Id email them about it. You guys are great, it would be a damn shame if you didnt come back.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:18 PM #34
lukster14
"CupCake"

wondering if we're ever going to see an official comment on this from skirmish. doubt it. and if anyone is looking for a great tanking field, check out the west point games. they do a great job usually.
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
Old 07-25-2009, 12:05 AM #35
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tanks

Yes, there was a mix up on the registered tanks on the german side. We were 1 of the 3 tanks requested by Pete but someone else registered there tank with out his permission. We were therefore limited on our playing time.We were told that we couldnt use our tank on sunday to keep the numbers even but a referee told us to get ready, we were going in.We went in and wrecked the allies.We were than told to leave the field because there was a miscommunication between the ref and Terry.We were NOT pulled because of any other reason.(get your facts straight).Just for the record, whenever we inserted our tank, we pushed straight behind the enemy lines creating large pushes for our team. Also, anyone who has ever been in a tank knows that you cannot hear or feel every rocket hit on the tank! We do rely heavy on the tank ref to watch for us. The sound of hundreds of paintballs hitting the tank gets deafening at times. We had a fantastic ref with us on saturday. He let us do our thing. Our team would gladly provide our own tank ref if that would help. With 4 Egos manning the tank we probably shot around 15-20 cases while on the field. Tanks are great motivators of players(I.E more paint fired and more game action).

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 AM #36
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukster14 View Post
wondering if we're ever going to see an official comment on this from skirmish.
Like you said.......probably not.......
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 AM #37
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windhund View Post
You're not welcome BUT we'll take your MONEY!!!!!
YUP
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM

Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 AM #38
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

I for one love seeing tanks at ION and thank all of you guys for bringing them. What would a big game be without you guys? Smaller!

I believe any problem Skirmish had with tanks must have been from a logistical/business perspective. It seems to be the issue with any complaint I've heard. Cheating/ Bad insertion Points/ Unclear Missions/ Unsafe Behaviors/ Refs Doing too much OR too little... It's on the Skirmish end not the players/tankers. I think I've gone //// happy! SOOO, If too many tanks registered- who registered them?... Someone from Skirmish perhaps?

Last year I got to know Nelson from Team CroMagnum Scenerio & Armor and his tank "Lawn Ranger". I want to give you a little insight to what I believe is true of all tankers based on my conversations with him.
1. Tankers do not play the game for themselves. Although they enjoy the sport as much as any of us, they are bringing their special element for the enjoyment of everyone else. They spend tons of time and money for a very small amount of very tightly regulated play.
2. Tankers are exceptionally generous. Want to ask a bunch of questions, ride along, work the turret, climb inside, build your own, run a crazy mission? These guys will go out of their way to be accommodating.
3. Building the tank was the easy part. Now it has to be trailered to the location(do you think BUZZKILL is a street legal truck?), insured, approved by the field, AND before you go on the field a ref has to approve it/ go with you. Which brings us to...
4. Tankers do NOTHING without staff approval. The ref (or escort) tells the tanker when and where to insert, guides the tank as it moves around the field, and calls the tank out when its been hit. So the ref is the one really "controlling" the tank. And who do you think "controlls" the ref? Skirmish perhaps?
5. Tankers ask for nothing in return. As far as the free case of paint goes, I'm sure that was a long standing tradition that (like so many other things) has gone the way of the dodo. Ask a tanker to join you on a mission. He'll not whine about gas or paint. His only response will be "Hey ref! Let's go!"...

So I apologize for pontificating. To Nelson and the rest of the tank crews:

THANK YOU!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 AM #39
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA Gunner View Post
I for one love seeing tanks at ION and thank all of you guys for bringing them. What would a big game be without you guys? Smaller!

I believe any problem Skirmish had with tanks must have been from a logistical/business perspective. It seems to be the issue with any complaint I've heard. Cheating/ Bad insertion Points/ Unclear Missions/ Unsafe Behaviors/ Refs Doing too much OR too little... It's on the Skirmish end not the players/tankers. I think I've gone //// happy! SOOO, If too many tanks registered- who registered them?... Someone from Skirmish perhaps?

Last year I got to know Nelson from Team CroMagnum Scenerio & Armor and his tank "Lawn Ranger". I want to give you a little insight to what I believe is true of all tankers based on my conversations with him.
1. Tankers do not play the game for themselves. Although they enjoy the sport as much as any of us, they are bringing their special element for the enjoyment of everyone else. They spend tons of time and money for a very small amount of very tightly regulated play.
2. Tankers are exceptionally generous. Want to ask a bunch of questions, ride along, work the turret, climb inside, build your own, run a crazy mission? These guys will go out of their way to be accommodating.
3. Building the tank was the easy part. Now it has to be trailered to the location(do you think BUZZKILL is a street legal truck?), insured, approved by the field, AND before you go on the field a ref has to approve it/ go with you. Which brings us to...
4. Tankers do NOTHING without staff approval. The ref (or escort) tells the tanker when and where to insert, guides the tank as it moves around the field, and calls the tank out when its been hit. So the ref is the one really "controlling" the tank. And who do you think "controlls" the ref? Skirmish perhaps?
5. Tankers ask for nothing in return. As far as the free case of paint goes, I'm sure that was a long standing tradition that (like so many other things) has gone the way of the dodo. Ask a tanker to join you on a mission. He'll not whine about gas or paint. His only response will be "Hey ref! Let's go!"...

So I apologize for pontificating. To Nelson and the rest of the tank crews:

THANK YOU!
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM

Old 07-25-2009, 11:29 AM #40
deadpooll
Loudmouth

I just want reiterate that ION wouldn't be the same if tanks were removed. I hope this does not happen and I feel bad that those who brought tanks and got subject to BS. With all the trouble you go through to build a tank and then haul it to games you shouldn't get blasted about how they are a pain to the field staff. So, like Scuba Gunner said Thank You for bringing your tanks to the game and I hope to continue to see tanks at games I attend.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM #41
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Tanks-

Ive been bringing our teams Panzer to Skirmish and other games for 3 years now. In my opinion they add to the game BIG TIME. Its the props,tanks rocket launchers ,mortars ect that make it scenario and not just a big woodsball game. In the Past Skirmish has been pretty fair with the Tanks. For some reason they dont seem to tank friendly right now. thats what im taking from this.

Refs- Its been brought up that tankers should bring their own refs. I think thats a bad idea. Mainly because we all spend far to much money transporting,maintainting and arming these things already. The Standard in scenario at the fields ive been to has been Free paint or reg to help with the costs and provide a tank ref. For any field to build and maintain there own tank fleet would be far more than a little comp here and there to tankers.

Lets face it Players generaly like the tanks,It adds to the game and makes it more real and fun.fields who provide a ref a free reg or a case of paint are paying a VERY minimal cost for the tanks. Its a little work to organize and deal with the tanks yes.But overall i think its worth it to the players.

Terry was fair with the tank rules ect. I dont think the free paint decision was his to make.It was his first time as scenario director which happened to be the biggest game in the world this year.Im sure he is doing his best and will see the tankers/players side of things.

I just hope this anti tank movement is squashed before it spreads to other fields.

Thanks to all the other teams who brought tanks to the game!

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 07-25-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:19 PM #42
Terry B.
Skirmish USA

To all the tank owners and tank crews, please accept my apology for any negative comments you may have recieved. You guys do invest an incredible amount of time and effort into your tanks for this game. The players and generals love seeing you out there and so does Skirmish. You guys are a big part of the game. It won't happen again.
http://skirmish.com
http://poconowhitewater.com