Tigress is a Moderator
Tigress is a Supporting Member
Tigress supports Cereal Killerz 2
Tigress donated to help Peyton Trent
Tigress supports Bob Gurnsey
Tigress supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4me View Post
So, you didn't enlist earlier before because of the war, and the possibility of being killed? Or did did I get that wrong.

Dont take that as a stab at your courage. But im just curious. Your still doing it, and I commend you for it.
I can see how that comment is confusing. What I meant was that one of the reasons I didn't join originally was because I thought it was crap that women aren't allowed in combat arms. I still think that, but it isn't enough of an excuse for me anymore. The nature of war has changed since then; a support position does not necessarily mean behind the front lines.

In short, if I was a guy I'd go infantry.
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 PM #23
shocker4me
SaNcHeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I can see how that comment is confusing. What I meant was that one of the reasons I didn't join originally was because I thought it was crap that women aren't allowed in combat arms. I still think that, but it isn't enough of an excuse for me anymore. The nature of war has changed since then; a support position does not necessarily mean behind the front lines.

In short, if I was a guy I'd go infantry.
There was your tl;dr lol j/k

But anyways, I understand. And I agree with you. Your still a "combatant", but your just not looking for it, as say, I am. But.. Its not your fault.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM #24
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
There was your tl;dr lol j/k

But anyways, I understand. And I agree with you. Your still a "combatant", but your just not looking for it, as say, I am. But.. Its not your fault.
I tried to avoid the tl;dr but failed.

No, I'm still looking for it, I just have fewer options and have to be creative.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM #25
Diamond Man

Quote:
Anyone who has to leave the wire periodically is at risk of getting hit.

All the chemical guys I know love what they do.. Because they never have to do anything. lol Its sham as hell.
I didn'tr know the one from 1/5 very well, but the 3/3 one hates his mos. they don't do jack in their field, so they end up as COC *****es. but both of these guys managed to wiggle out of it.

Heck, the 3/3 one (I think u guys know him cus he's the one that turned me on to this site) is TACP, JTAR, and Fires qual'd, went thru the DM course, and is pretty good . . . for a POG
Quote:
Haha. That's the difference in branches. My bf is the ops officer for the CBRNE response team and its his full-time job in the guard. Technically he's not in the chemical corps, though; he's an engineer, so that's what he gets deployed as.
Ok, but you do understand that just cus they say you're not going, doesn't mean the army won't change its mind. I mean, don't go in expecting not to go to war and then be mand when they send u. dont be upset when u spend 90% of ur time in an ops center updating maps and making phone calls or stuck on a convoy about to be ambushed. in other words . . . don't believe a word the recruiter tells you
Diamond Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM #26
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Man View Post
Ok, but you do understand that just cus they say you're not going, doesn't mean the army won't change its mind. I mean, don't go in expecting not to go to war and then be mand when they send u. dont be upset when u spend 90% of ur time in an ops center updating maps and making phone calls or stuck on a convoy about to be ambushed. in other words . . . don't believe a word the recruiter tells you
I don't think you smell what I'm cooking. I expect to be deployed. My mother wouldn't want to hear it, but I'd be disappointed if I wasn't.

And my recruiters are great.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:15 AM #27
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
QUOTE=Tigress;60678351]It sure did.

I'm pretty sure the guard is 35 right now.[/quote]

To enlist in the guard it was 40 last time I checked....The cutoff for OCS is 32 or 35.
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 AM #28
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
To enlist in the guard it was 40 last time I checked....The cutoff for OCS is 32 or 35.
7th paragraph down:"For those enlisting in the Army Guard, the maximum enlistment age is being lowered to 35 from 42."

I'm not sure what it is for OCS, but I remember seeing something about age 29 for new recruits.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 AM #29
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The reason women aren't allowed into combat arms is that men can't handle it. Effective line soldiers are people who are capable of committing acts of extreme violence against other human beings while maintaining control so as to not commit atrocities (there is a lot that goes into programing Soldiers and Marines to be able to do that). When men see their female counterparts maimed and killed and brutalized as happens when people are trying to do just that to each other a primitive switch is flipped and we loose it... control is lost and a combat action turns to straight murder. The Israelis found that out when they had women on the line fighting Arabs.

Either way I hope you enjoy your time in. Like some others have said Chem folks rarely do their jobs... we stick ours in a box and beat him with a stick . I can't tell you about transportation types because I don't know any.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 AM #30
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
The reason women aren't allowed into combat arms is that men can't handle it. Effective line soldiers are people who are capable of committing acts of extreme violence against other human beings while maintaining control so as to not commit atrocities (there is a lot that goes into programing Soldiers and Marines to be able to do that). When men see their female counterparts maimed and killed and brutalized as happens when people are trying to do just that to each other a primitive switch is flipped and we loose it... control is lost and a combat action turns to straight murder. The Israelis found that out when they had women on the line fighting Arabs.
Although I understand the various reasons, at the same time I don't necessarily have to agree with them.

Quote:
Either way I hope you enjoy your time in. Like some others have said Chem folks rarely do their jobs... we stick ours in a box and beat him with a stick . I can't tell you about transportation types because I don't know any.
Me, too. I'll be going to OCS, so I have some time to think about what I want to do.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:39 PM #31
Paintballin_Dan
New Earth Army

if youre in an actual Chem unit, you will do your job. and alot of chem units are on white mission and are not deployable in the guard/reserve. thats why i gtfo and went infantry.

11B1P
"Another ****ty day in the Double 'A"

"Originally posted by Dr Chewy: 92% of ST can't even spell simple words correctly. The chance of them grasping quantum mechanics is impossible."
Paintballin_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:00 PM #32
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post

Read the same study. One of the few with actual evidence to support the argument either way, since so few militarys actually integrate infantry.

Basically, they concluded that you can train men to kill and commit acts of extreme violence relatively easily, but you can't train then to neglect women.

Personally, before we even get to the psychological argument, my only "request" (not that I matter) would be for the women to be held to the same physical requirements as men. When they are required to pass the same pt test as us, and therefore have as much endurance and upper body strength as males, I have no problem with it.

Until then, it is accepted that women are in general not as strong as men physically, and therefore I don't think it's appropriate to have women in a job where physical strength could mean the difference between life and death.

/useless/pointless rant
When in after times I died.
PSN: BLUNT_TRAUMA_117
Aero$mitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 PM #33
Diamond Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballin_Dan View Post
if youre in an actual Chem unit, you will do your job. and alot of chem units are on white mission and are not deployable in the guard/reserve. thats why i gtfo and went infantry.
Every NBC guy I've ever met was bitter, angry, and hated life. The officers were always moto-tarded or extremely chill. But warrant officers are like that. The enlisted however, pretty much knew their MOS was useless and acted accordingly.

Then again, I don't know how the army does it. the Marines don't have chem units
Diamond Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM #34
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Just got back from MEPS. I pwned that ****. Swearing in on the 1st, then shipping out late October or early November.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM #35
Long Live Messi (Banned)

Where you going to?
Long Live Messi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM #36
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Live Messi View Post
Where you going to?
I do not know yet.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:33 PM #37
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
I do not know yet.
Prolly Leonard Wood.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 PM #38
NorKaLKiLLa
Seen a lot of combat?

Getting hit on a convoy or mortared on a FOB is not the same as going on a raid. CAR's are just thrown left and right these days.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM #39
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Prolly Leonard Wood.
I decided to go chem, so that'll probably be it, but there's nothing in stone. Yet.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:28 PM #40
coochy_thrilla
THAT'S BA

I don't think you smell what I'm cooking. I expect to be deployed. My mother wouldn't want to hear it, but I'd be disappointed if I wasn't.

you know, since you got a pretty steady boy friend and what not, do you have any sisters or friends?

any man in front of me threatening my life, my family, my home, or freedom to live without fear......will pay dearly
coochy_thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM #41
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by coochy_thrilla View Post
you know, since you got a pretty steady boy friend and what not, do you have any sisters or friends?
Really? That's your input to this thread?

Anyway, I'm swearing in next week. My recruiter just learned that OCS candidates won't be getting any loan repayment money, so he's having me do OSUT (at FLW), then OCS, then OBC. Ahh, working the system. And I also got a job offer I can't refuse, so I won't be shipping until early next year.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM #42
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
How is that working the system? That would be your normal progression anyways.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote