Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM #1
tallegretto

Final Battle

I missed the final battle. How did it go? Stories? Details?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM #2
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Wall of paint... Not much more to be said lol
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Old 07-22-2009, 09:29 AM #3
YD Nippsy

yup a wall of paint, tons of blind fire.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 AM #4
tallegretto

No other details, just a wall of paint? Did one side have an advantage over the other?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 AM #5
Hajg10
GEE

I have one question.. The final 5 min of ION the germans must have out numbered the allies 5-1, where the hell was my entire team? I looked around at our last stand position and didnt see any where near close to the numbers the germans had.. Someone explain please..
Old 07-22-2009, 10:53 AM #6
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

has been a member for 10 years
That has happened every year that I've been going to ION (since 2002). There's some demographic thing going on where, for whatever reason, the Allies end up with a lot of players who run out of paint or otherwise aren't on the field for the last half hour of the game.

The numbers were even for the rest of the weekend.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 AM #7
GreenhaloBOY

Hey guys, I was with a group of around 40 Allied players that made it to within 25 feet of the German HQ tent late Sunday. So theres where some guys were.
XSV Fan Club #944
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM #8
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenhaloBOY View Post
Hey guys, I was with a group of around 40 Allied players that made it to within 25 feet of the German HQ tent late Sunday. So theres where some guys were.
You guys did a good job, we just held the line a little better. Plus once the reinforcements came it was done (literally the whistle blew)...

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM #9
GreenhaloBOY

Honestly it wasn't until after the whistle blew that I knew how close we were. I have never fought from that side playing as Germans and Allies, so I thought the base was farther into the woods nearer the beach or insertion point. If I had known I was three bunkers away I would have pushed so much harder.
XSV Fan Club #944
Old 07-22-2009, 11:44 AM #10
KnightTemplar
Hell Mercs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajg10 View Post
I have one question.. The final 5 min of ION the germans must have out numbered the allies 5-1, where the hell was my entire team? I looked around at our last stand position and didnt see any where near close to the numbers the germans had.. Someone explain please..
I would say 10-1 actually I have the final battle on video it seemed like a 200 vs 20 lol but I must give it to the few that stood alone against the german army they fired fast and seemed to have good weapons I'm suprised they lasted as long as they did. The Germans took a number of chargers inching there way closer and closer, Zyklon B and Predator were trying to push very hard but the rest of players were not so willing so it took them longer...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM #11
Yourmomsbox
AKA P.C. Box

Well the final battle a few of us Hellkatz inserted from our insertion point to help Shutter from 13th who was pretty much holding back about 20 guys by himself. After we had a nice little battle in the back we ran through the rodos and i popped out to see we where right next to the allied HQ.. literally the tape was like 5 feet in front of me. I was able to take out a few allied players then the whistle blew for the game...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 PM #12
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourmomsbox View Post
Well the final battle a few of us Hellkatz inserted from our insertion point to help Shutter from 13th who was pretty much holding back about 20 guys by himself. After we had a nice little battle in the back we ran through the rodos and i popped out to see we where right next to the allied HQ.. literally the tape was like 5 feet in front of me. I was able to take out a few allied players then the whistle blew for the game...
Lucky for you, the whistle blew. We had a group of 30 holding for my call to unload with full pods/paint and air. It was the last line of defense. Good game to both sides and good final push. Congrats on your win. See you all next year.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM #13
YD Nippsy

i guess playing on was ok for the last battle, hit many of people and they didnt walk off. Happened on both sides.... i must have missed the Memo.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM #14
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

The world will know that few... stood against many...

I blew through 2 air tanks and nearly a case of paint on the SAW at the corner of the Allied base defense. Fighting against superior numbers is always better. Target rich environment.
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM #15
Yourmomsbox
AKA P.C. Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMan. View Post
Lucky for you, the whistle blew. We had a group of 30 holding for my call to unload with full pods/paint and air. It was the last line of defense. Good game to both sides and good final push. Congrats on your win. See you all next year.
Yeah i went up to your guys after the whistle blew and they said they where waiting the entire time for someone to come out of the woods and at the last minute they where shocked to see us. You guys did one heck of a job with that base security i wish we had a few more minutes to see what would of happened.

And a few well placed head shots before anyone saw us and group was a little smaller ;-)
Old 07-22-2009, 05:30 PM #16
03ninjaboy

03ninjaboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenhaloBOY View Post
i was one of the defenders! that was a great battle at the buzzer! we werent sure if u were out or just didnt see us.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 PM #17
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

I wish you could have made it that long, me and my buddy ran out of paint...we were the two guys in the turret bunker with the piece of ply wood over the entrance, got mad heads out.

If that kid i shot in the center of the chest (and yes i could see the break, the wipe and the welt from where i was standing) your an idiot.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 PM #18
A-Train 21
I Shoot People

A-Train 21 is for the Gunfight
A-Train 21 is for the Gunfight
Who's House! Our House!

That's what happened.

Make that game 2 minutes longer and insert fresh troops and the allied base was germany's, no doubt.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 PM #19
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

i know i made a couple sexxxy moves, includoing one in a barrel past the allieds and shooting a few whil the germans advanced to the bunker, and one where I seen a few germans hiding down behind a bunker. they popped up started shooting ducked down and I ran jumped over the bunker and shot the crap out of them allowing the germans to advance past the next set of bunkers. I imediatly got lit up from point blank range, but I felt my death was honorable to my mates.

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 PM #20
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train 21 View Post
Make that game 2 minutes longer and insert fresh troops and the allied base was germany's, no doubt.
What "What If" game is sort of pointless when the German side has already won, don't you think?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 PM #21
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
That allied base never would have fallen....