nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
The deer squad at begining

Proof that the ref moved them off of the tank.

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM #44
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
I decided not to shoot anything until I could see you guys... lol (Course that cost me 8 more respawns before I made it to the wall)..

Good times
the way it should be done. The beach can be taken playing only hopper ball.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 PM #45
DielanIon
DielanION

hey nickdude, where did you get that picture???
pm comin your way

BABY DEER SQUAD
D-Day 07,08,09 and many more!

LOOKING FOR AUTOCOCKERS, to buy!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:36 PM #46
Cleveland's_King

that video made my fing day
Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM #47
war_hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessJersey View Post
the way it should be done. The beach can be taken playing only hopper ball.
Absolutely!! I chose my shots. Took a while but I got me some German skulls! :-) LOL
Japanese Battalion Commander (Roger is the other one :-)) - West Point 2009
Allied - Foxtrot Company Commander ION 2009
Co-Capt/Co-Founder: Red Raiders Scenario Paintball Team
The Red Raiders are a proud member Team of the ERSA
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 PM #48
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdude View Post

Proof that the ref moved them off of the tank.
That's a shame that spot was perfect lol
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 AM #49
Rcp_90
Jambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsTSSOC View Post
Yeah, Sword definitely gave a bigger fight than was expected. I think the final breakthrough was made when all of the Juno insertions were constantly siphoning all the way right, to put the aggressive #s on Sword to punch through finally. I thought our two boats worked very well together.
I actually think Death-X and I were the only ones talking on the radio net, but once Roger started throwing companies onto my beach it was kinda funny how there were just company commanders staggering around eveywhere looking to get into it. That said, I got along with all the cc's and I think we all worked great together

A CO Commander- ION '09-Stalingrad '09
BEST DRESSED- ION 09

Fact: Skirmish USA is a proud supporter of PETA, the ACLU, and Al-Queda
Old 07-24-2009, 06:55 AM #50
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
That's a shame that spot was perfect lol
The real shame is that all those players they shot out didn't get compensated.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:15 AM #51
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsTSSOC View Post
Yeah, Sword definitely gave a bigger fight than was expected. I think the final breakthrough was made when all of the Juno insertions were constantly siphoning all the way right, to put the aggressive #s on Sword to punch through finally. I thought our two boats worked very well together.

There is an easier answer.....

(shameless self promo coming)

Red Raiders deployed out of Sword boat and kept hammering the right until we got through... (All seven of us) lol

we really made a difference

Seriously though, all the players on the right were either better covered from German fire or they were just more aggressive. I think the boats on the left side had a much tougher time even getting to the berms let alone the wall. Hats off to all who braved that beach.. (it was my first time). I really enjoyed being pelted time and again only to finally, FINALLY make it to the wall in one solid run.... (then got slaughtered once I was there lol)
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM #52
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

It's all about the low crawl!

That and the coordinated suicide runs. If ten people run, one or two might make it. For some reason, I'm reminded of something I read in Black Hawk Down. Prior to the main events of the book, the UN destroyed a house full of Habar Gidir elders. As the helicopters were circling and firing into the house, those still alive inside realized that the only way to survive was to run out from the house into the streets. They told each other, "Some of us will live, some of us will die." and then they ran.

That's what the beach is like. It's not about surviving yourself. It's about being part of the ten who run so that the one might make it. And then doing it over and over again!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:43 AM #53
kevb0

Agreed. If you don't get horribly cut up on the beach, you're doing it wrong. The beach is supposed to be a meat grinder. That's half the fun.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM #54
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
Seriously though, all the players on the right were either better covered from German fire or they were just more aggressive. I think the boats on the left side had a much tougher time even getting to the berms let alone the wall. Hats off to all who braved that beach.. (it was my first time). I really enjoyed being pelted time and again only to finally, FINALLY make it to the wall in one solid run.... (then got slaughtered once I was there lol)
Its because we had Rcp 90! That dude cracked me up and got me pumped lol. Although the kill chants were much weaker than i would have expected.

Rcp 90 i tried tuning to your channel to follow A co, but there wasn't any chatter on it and when i called out on it no response.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM #55
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Ya we tried to keep you guys pinned down in the moguls but it was just so dang hard filtering more people with ammo over to the far flank. We held as long as we could.

I walked around with the company flag yelling like an idiot. Voice is just starting to come back.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 AM #56
LT Anderson
Anderson's RoughNecks CO

Hey Grazi sorry we couldn't hold the left longer but now I know why. DANG we were up agianst alot.
ANDERSON"S ROUGHNECKS COMANDER
Old 07-24-2009, 11:14 AM #57
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessJersey View Post
The real shame is that all those players they shot out didn't get compensated.
Common now They asked the ref and the ref gave an answer that wasn't clear. It isn't their fault.

Besides, its paintball **** happens. You just have to roll with the punches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Anderson View Post
Hey Grazi sorry we couldn't hold the left longer but now I know why. DANG we were up agianst alot.
Bro you guys did awesome! It happens. We held for a hell of a long time with the 5th and 1st Brandenburg.

Last edited by Grazi : 07-24-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM #58
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

Quote:
Common now They asked the ref and the ref gave an answer that wasn't clear. It isn't their fault.

Its not like we weren't aloud to come back in lol. Although as i said before i know a couple people had some minor injuries from the proximity, but thats also part of paintball.

Although i think that its pretty obvious your not supposed to cross the beach, what else would stop all the germs from crossing over and just setting close lines on the boats, it would be murder. I think those guys would have been there no matter what the ref said, but whatever they wouldn't have lasted long, the Allied right side was a monster!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 AM #59
Rcp_90
Jambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence View Post
It's all about the low crawl!

That and the coordinated suicide runs. If ten people run, one or two might make it. For some reason, I'm reminded of something I read in Black Hawk Down. Prior to the main events of the book, the UN destroyed a house full of Habar Gidir elders. As the helicopters were circling and firing into the house, those still alive inside realized that the only way to survive was to run out from the house into the streets. They told each other, "Some of us will live, some of us will die." and then they ran.

That's what the beach is like. It's not about surviving yourself. It's about being part of the ten who run so that the one might make it. And then doing it over and over again!
lol, can we please not draw our inspiring lessons from Black Hawk down?

A CO Commander- ION '09-Stalingrad '09
BEST DRESSED- ION 09

Fact: Skirmish USA is a proud supporter of PETA, the ACLU, and Al-Queda
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 PM #60
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:

yeah, **** happens. But why do Allied players have to get stuck with the short end of a stick? If the refs allowed it the refs should do something to compensate them as players, the same way teams and players are compensated at tournaments. There isn't any reason why scenario players should just shrug at things like this. These games are controlled by rules for a reason. Were not playing rec or outlaw, the scenario is why we're there, and the scenario should be respected.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM #61
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

Lydon: YOUR JOB IS TO DIE WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD

And wow I just watched that vid on the right side. Talk about a blatant violation of the rules. Oh well. I'm sure they didn't bother to look at the signs all over saying "NO GERMAN PAST THIS LINE" and no one bothered to explain it to them. Oddly enough that happened on the extreme left too. I've never seen Germans run out on the beach before, it's always been pretty obvious they're not supposed to - but then, I guess this sort of thing has to be laid out pretty explicitly. Hopefully the ones that ignored the ref moving them all back got bunkered in the face for their trouble.

Murphy, the ref couldn't do anything except kick the Germans out and let the Allies reinsert. It's not always possible to balance things out after the fact, you just have to take it and move on. Not much point in *****ing now or ever.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 PM #62
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

True enough. I'll clam up.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM #63
DielanIon
DielanION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence View Post
Lydon: YOUR JOB IS TO DIE WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD

And wow I just watched that vid on the right side. Talk about a blatant violation of the rules. Oh well. I'm sure they didn't bother to look at the signs all over saying "NO GERMAN PAST THIS LINE" and no one bothered to explain it to them. Oddly enough that happened on the extreme left too. I've never seen Germans run out on the beach before, it's always been pretty obvious they're not supposed to - but then, I guess this sort of thing has to be laid out pretty explicitly. Hopefully the ones that ignored the ref moving them all back got bunkered in the face for their trouble.

Murphy, the ref couldn't do anything except kick the Germans out and let the Allies reinsert. It's not always possible to balance things out after the fact, you just have to take it and move on. Not much point in *****ing now or ever.
from earlier in the thread:
"yeah that was my group, we asked the refs and they said we just had to start behind those signs, and it was only supposed to be a couple of us, we didnt think all 20 of the people standing in that corner were gunna run there. sorry guys, it was kinda a miss understanding, along with a ref that didnt know" (by me)

already gone over, so thanks for reading, cuz the ref told us it was fine, and after getting there, another ref came and kicked us within like 15 seconds of being there, so it really didnt matter we were there, and no we didnt get bunkered, we were told the signs were just where we had to start before the horn blew. sorry we werent trying to be evil

BABY DEER SQUAD
D-Day 07,08,09 and many more!

LOOKING FOR AUTOCOCKERS, to buy!!!