PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 PM #85
tankthefreak
clique paintball

dude i would love to see gunners new band out there at the field that would be sweet
tankthefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 PM #86
cling2theLAMB
Pretty much the coolest.

has been a member for 10 years
If I get to do that...I'll make it big!

CPPA Member #1558
cling2theLAMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 PM #87
invi$ion
hmmmmmm....

invi$ion supports Cereal Killerz 2
invi$ion helped look for balloons
invi$ion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
invi$ion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cling2theLAMB View Post
If I get to do that...I'll make it big!
i was there all day last saturday i think, did i see you?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 PM #88
pbballer824life

This is Randy field manager 4 all american as far as this new apc thing goes we would be interested in it but 1 thing to remember we are a business and as such we halve to make money to stay open in the old days we used to let teams and stores us are field to host tournaments and would get paid nearly nothing 4 this we did it to help out those stores and teams but end the end we made no money doing so.
we have almost 100 air ball bunkers some are in need of repair and some are brand new.
win we bought are new air ball field about 2 years ago national said this is a nppl field just like what the pros use so we paid like 4 grand and got it if it is not up to todays standards we are sorry but we can only do so much.
if another team, store, or field wants 2 use their air ball and bring it to are field we would not have a problem with that.
Not 2 thrash on anyone or anything but remember we are a business and from a bizz stand point we have found that there is little money in turnay ball.
we love to see all types of players out at are field but we have to cater to what makes us a better bizz and if that means putting up more scenario fields or making are town bigger rather than buying a new air field then thats what we have to do.
like i said we would love to be a part of this we try to do whatever we can to give the players what they want but it has 2 be financially viable 4 us to do so.

Thanks to all who support all american paintball.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 AM #89
cling2theLAMB
Pretty much the coolest.

Invision...I was there for a couple hours...I didn't play but I talked to Carol in the Cafe for a while and watched David coach a little bit. I dunno man...you prolly saw me. I'm a pretty tall dood..blonde hair...devilishly handsome...if you ever wanna track me down..just take a moment and look at the girls around you...now just look at what they're looking at...THERE I AM! Haha!

Randy! HEY DOOD! They told me at the field that they didn't know how much you would be around because you just got married and moved to Fayetteville. That's awesome if you're gonna be able to be around man! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things buddy.

CPPA Member #1558
Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 AM #90
lhitg

I suggest, that once we get a list of fields, and the number of tournaments that will be in the series, we should make a poll and vote for the fields. The top fields host events.
lhitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 AM #91
cling2theLAMB
Pretty much the coolest.

That's a good suggestion man.

CPPA Member #1558
Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 AM #92
Dawscaus
Killin For The Razorbacks

Dawscaus is an NCPA player
Dawscaus plays in the APPA D4 division
pax i like what you are doing i will be down to ref.
a suggestion is that it doesnt all have to be about air ball a hyperball, scenario or field tournament would be a blast in my opinion. I think AA could handle that nicely.

Last edited by Dawscaus : 07-31-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Dawscaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 AM #93
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
there will not be a hyperball tournament...
under any circumstances...
atleast not as a part of the series... it would be fun otherwise
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 AM #94
lhitg

hyberball was cool in the 80s
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM #95
prairiedog
The Untouchables

I don't think it would be a good idea to vote on which fields get to host the tournaments. The point of this is to try to bring the Arkansas Paintball scene back to life and get some great stuff going.... right Paxton???... if we start pointing fingers and saying that only certain people can host a tournamnet that seems kinda counter productive. If a field wants to be involved and is willing to put in the required time and effort to host the event then I think they should be given the chance, now if the event is an epic failure then that is something that can be considered when deciding if that field gets to host a tournament the next season. The way the APC originally workerd was every field hosted a tournament and one team sat out that event and reffed... like Black Rain/High Voltage... right... or so I have been told.

Paxton, I am excited about this thing man. If you need help getting it going man, hit me up. I don't know what I can do, but I'm in bro!!!! I know Ness is in for it as well.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM #96
Dirty Ed
Former Store Owner

Annual Supporting Member
Dirty Ed works for a Paintball manufacturer
Dirty Ed supports Cereal Killerz 2
Dirty Ed supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiedog View Post
I don't think it would be a good idea to vote on which fields get to host the tournaments. The point of this is to try to bring the Arkansas Paintball scene back to life and get some great stuff going.... right Paxton???... if we start pointing fingers and saying that only certain people can host a tournamnet that seems kinda counter productive. If a field wants to be involved and is willing to put in the required time and effort to host the event then I think they should be given the chance, now if the event is an epic failure then that is something that can be considered when deciding if that field gets to host a tournament the next season. The way the APC originally workerd was every field hosted a tournament and one team sat out that event and reffed... like Black Rain/High Voltage... right... or so I have been told.

Paxton, I am excited about this thing man. If you need help getting it going man, hit me up. I don't know what I can do, but I'm in bro!!!! I know Ness is in for it as well.
i agree
Dirty Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:34 PM #97
lhitg

At the very least there should be Guidelines for field
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 PM #98
oldironmudder

prairiedog, I agree with you that every field that wants to be part needs at least one chance. If they fail & that tourney falls apart put them to the side til they can prove they can handle it.

Whats the field count so far?

Crossroads Paintball Field - Clarksville, Arkansas 5.5 miles from I40

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 PM #99
Dawscaus

i take it nobody likes the hyperball/scenario idea?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:05 PM #100
oldironmudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawscaus View Post
Personally I don't really care what type of field I play on. Maybe a scenario/woods style tourney would be a nice change from the normal airball field from time to time.

Crossroads Paintball Field - Clarksville, Arkansas 5.5 miles from I40

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 PM #101
aarontHV

that would be cool but once they heard that the touny would be held on a field with trees nobody would show up

hyperball would be sweet
aarontHV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 PM #102
pizzaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawscaus View Post
That would be awesome! I love the idea! Well the scenario part. idk about hyperball but that would be a lot of fun!

Think about it.. how many tourney ballers started out playing tournaments? I know I started out with some friends playing rec at wild world in the woods. Then one day we decided to try out speedball and it was a blast! Just about EVERYONE I know that plays started out just like that... Not starting a team and entering in a rookie 3 man.

We need to get more people into paintball, it's pretty obvious we don't have enough serious players as it is. If we did, our local tournaments would be getting more than 4 teams at each event, and there would be more than just 5-6 tourney player at the field every weekend. If people start playing these scenarios, they will get into speedball. If you want to start a league and hold leagues in an event that doesn't have any players, your gonna have to find someone to play the events!
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 AM #103
Dawscaus

I see some support for the old school. My main inspiration for the idea is the old pictures of the fields in the Arkansas paintball history thread. if you take a look at all the pictures you will see what paintball used to be like. You can have a quality competition field without a full x-ball field. In fact you can have it without a single inflatable bunker. Something to think about, variety is the spice of life. I am not above hiding behind a stack of tires or a turned up piece of plywood as long as the other team is playing behind the same stuff.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 AM #104
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
no
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM #105
tsp8ntball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbballer824life View Post
we love to see all types of players out at are field but we have to cater to what makes us a better bizz
It amazes me how "tourney" players thrust their nose in the air at anything that is not airball. Cool tournament players wear matching pants and have ramping guns and no way are they going to be seen at a field built below their standards.

Fields need to make money, period. And sorry boys, but airball doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhitg View Post
I suggest, that once we get a list of fields, and the number of tournaments that will be in the series, we should make a poll and vote for the fields. The top fields host events.
You really think you have that many choices in Arkansas that you can leave someone out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpaxton View Post
there will not be a hyperball tournament...
under any circumstances at least not as a part of the series... it would be fun otherwise
It's a little early in the planning stages to be saying what there will or will not be, unless you plan to hold the series at one field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhitg View Post
At the very least there should be Guidelines for field
Guidelines?? How 'bout if it's a safe field let's go play.

Game guidelines?? What's wrong with a bit of variety.

Even NASCAR, the guys that go left and left and left and left, realized they needed to add road courses to the program. Tournament ball has grown stale and impersonal hiding behind big bags of air.

Part of what brought down the APC was everyone wanted to dictate the terms. A big rift was between the players (a few) who wanting things their way and the fields (a few) that only had X, Y and/or Z to offer.

I want to be on both sides but I obviously have to side with the field owners. If T-Square is to be involved it will be on our "unconventional" airball field or God forbide, a woods ball tournament. Someone mentioned the pictures from back in the day. Notice one thing in common? Smiles. And we played behind spools, behind trees and huge tires, and yes, occasional an airball field (the ones connected by "pipes" running off one noisy generator powered blower).

It's up to you all. Do you want "flash and cash" or do you want to play some ball.

Read my paintball stuff here!
Paintball Etiquette
Essential Paintball Gear
Paintball Buddy Gun and more...
http://www.squidoo.com/my_squidoo_li...intball_lenses
tsp8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups