Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: how would you like paintball in ar to go.?
It needs big improvement. 12 70.59%
ehh. its okay. could be better 4 23.53%
so so. 1 5.88%
i think it is okay 0 0%
best place to play!!! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-20-2009, 05:36 PM #1
XxbeastlyballerxX
are you gellin.?

XxbeastlyballerxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxbeastlyballerxX supports Team VICIOUS
a little food for thought.

Mick at t-square, has a blog that alot of people check reguarly. Me being one of them as of i respect mick alot and i enjoy checking it. i come to a post everyonce in a while that really makes me think a little bit.

like this...

(this post falls in line with my way of thinking.

Back when I was marginally interested in holding tournaments, come hell or high water I awarded the advertised prizes. I also never canceled an event because sign up numbers didn't suit me. If one team showed up (and fortunately that never happened) I promised to split that team up and hold the tourney anyway.

Many event planners are short sighted. Rather than invest some time and money now in order to build something big in the future they want results NOW. Big profits. Big prizes. And this includes the teams. How many teams take the attitude, "Well, he only had 3 teams show up last time. Not worth my time."? Around these parts I reckon it's 6 or 7 teams. That's 6 or 7 teams that don't show because they are pissed that the others will not show.

Deliver what's promised. Stand by your convictions. Whether you are an event planner or a team remember - respect must be earned.)

now i am not pointing fingers at any one person but i am sick of going to tournaments and having 3 teams show up. just about the same 3 teams i might add it seems like.. I just want everyone to think a little bit about the way paintball in ar is and where we are and how much better it would be if everyone just showed up and played..

here is a link to his blog also. cool stuff http://tsquarepaintball.blogspot.com/

-Cliff
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM #2
torquekev10
Ima lead fomma !

Torque did follow thru with what we promised . and that put us in the red $170.00 for each tourny we held . not to mention all the money we spent getting the field ready months prior to the tourny . then lets not even get into the price of the field , cost of getting a ref certification from PSP and the time you have to put in just so the day can stay on track . you cant stay in business if you are spending more than you're making . we had several teams promise they would be there never to show . and they still never come ! you are right about the same 3 teams showin up all the time . I really like you guys but I would really enjoy playing someone else !
Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM #3
XxbeastlyballerxX
are you gellin.?

XxbeastlyballerxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxbeastlyballerxX supports Team VICIOUS
the fields have been holding there end up for most or all the time if im not mistaken, when mick posted that, he added the link about sc village, they had 73 teams playing instead of 75, so they cut some of there prizes.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 PM #4
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
apc II.
thats all i have to say
stay tuned
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote