Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM #1
jdk5454

ION 2009 The Best Year Ever?

This was my 5 year playing at ION and I believe this was the best one. The refs were great, the game ran smoothly and all sides seem to play fare are were great players. What do you guys think?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:34 PM #2
NOT SO COOL KIDS
www.NotSoCoolKids.com

We liked it. Had a huge rv. Chilled out. Had great time with Keg Stand Mafia and Pat O'Keefe's crew. Good peoples.

Ideas -
Heard they switched up tank kills. Now its 2 well placed shots on a square placed on tank by officials.
The refs should have little rectangle stickers to place on tank that represents EACH shooter within the tank. This way seems more fair.

ALSO - Where the hell are the FOOOOD STANDS?
DOES NO ONE SEE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE $$$$$$....?????
Fred Segal
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM #3
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

caw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
This was my fourth and I do agree-best year ever for gameplay! The refs where spot on especially the guys they busted on the field for non-field paint!!!

On the other hand there seemed to be alot less people playing castle nights, alot less tanks on the field, and where was the battleship run on the beach right before the invasion? Where where the pyrotechnics that they had in the past? And since when is full auto banned?

There were alot less vendors especially with used parts for sale, and the party/fireworks (I know) in the camping area seemed especially tame this year.

So I guess you can't get the total package but still a great, great year!!! Best ever!!!

Last edited by caw88 : 07-20-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:58 PM #4
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
this was my first ION, defiantly commin back again
Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM #5
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT SO COOL KIDS View Post
We liked it. Had a huge rv. Chilled out. Had great time with Keg Stand Mafia and Pat O'Keefe's crew. Good peoples.

Ideas -
Heard they switched up tank kills. Now its 2 well placed shots on a square placed on tank by officials.
The refs should have little rectangle stickers to place on tank that represents EACH shooter within the tank. This way seems more fair.

ALSO - Where the hell are the FOOOOD STANDS?
DOES NO ONE SEE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE $$$$$$....?????
There was a huge food stand there..where were your eyes?

seriously, pig roast friday night,ribs saterday night..

the food was FANTASTIC

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM #6
l00ph0le

I was just bummed that I could not light a small fire in my fire pit on friday night..I was cold and WET... I would RENT A CAMPING SPOT with a fire pit for next year..That is if they want to get some more $$ out of us.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:17 PM #7
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I must say that overall the game was the best as far as incidents go. I heard of only one scuffle on Sunday as I was leaving the field. The reffing from what I saw and heard was RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Security was making rounds all over the place.. even came to Yetiville several times.

Excellent game, excellent job!

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player
Old 07-20-2009, 08:20 PM #8
FyCTION
its almost unreal....

it seemed short to me this year, probly cause i spent most of the beach battle yelling at the tippmann techs lol
pm me, ill post pics soon
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM #9
decz

The reffing was absolutely great and the game was a blast but I wouldn't say it was my favorite year.

'07 was my favorite year and yes it had many problems on field, but it was my favorite because it had vendors who stayed open AFTER the game stopped on Saturday and Skirmish had fun contests and things to do after the game ended.

My point, give us stuff to do AFTER the game has ended again... thanks.

"Oh I like that Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat. " -eminemBNJA
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 PM #10
AHaydt

Quote:
Originally Posted by decz View Post
The reffing was absolutely great and the game was a blast but I wouldn't say it was my favorite year.

'07 was my favorite year and yes it had many problems on field, but it was my favorite because it had vendors who stayed open AFTER the game stopped on Saturday and Skirmish had fun contests and things to do after the game ended.

You could sleep. I know when I got home I passed out within ten minutes.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 PM #11
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
ozcardshop plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:

you could clean your gear?
party with your boys or girls?
bring stuff to occupy yourself

we cleaned our gear and watched movies in the suv
then sat outside til we were tired and slept
Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM #12
techpoint

Coooooooool
Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM #13
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

DRINK!!! Worked for most of us.

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 PM #14
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

seconded joe

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM #15
lukster14
"CupCake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw88 View Post
This was my fourth and I do agree-best year ever for gameplay! The refs where spot on especially the guys they busted on the field for non-field paint!!!

On the other hand there seemed to be alot less people playing castle nights, alot less tanks on the field, and where was the battleship run on the beach right before the invasion? Where where the pyrotechnics that they had in the past? And since when is full auto banned?

There were alot less vendors especially with used parts for sale, and the party/fireworks (I know) in the camping area seemed especially tame this year.

So I guess you can't get the total package but still a great, great year!!! Best ever!!!
shoulda came by my guys right at the entrance to the german parking area, pong, generator, music, beer and all were welcome.(BYOB tho) and if you mean tame like, no arrests, no fire in the dumpster next to the propane tanks, no M80's at 4 am up in the woods, then yeah it was tame. but otherwise, it was a great party.
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
Old 07-21-2009, 12:00 AM #16
Frenchie13th
Cover your ISH

I have to agree, this was the safest and most fun ION I've played in the four years I've attended. From the command perspective the game ran very smoothly, the refs were nearly all on spot especially the shock and rove teams. Rich Morland (head ref) does an excellent job! Only thing I would change is using less white water employees, or training them better in the scenario rules.

FULL AUTO IS NEVER LEGAL IN SCENARIO

I know what you mean about food stands, like ones you find at a fair or festival right? That would be cool and a good way to get players back on the field quicker so they didn't have to cook. Imagine a cheese steak stand, next to a funnel cake one...yummm

Camp-site fireworks aren't allowed....but it would be cool if Skirmish did a small show or such controlled on the beach, the area is cleared of people and that would tame individuals appetite to light their own.

The painful stories of reballs, Kevlar riot balls, marbles and the rest of the sh** people have seen, been hit by or heard about being shot at IONs in the past were non-existent this year. This might be the best thing that happened, people played safer and smarted this year with only a few people getting hurt from slips and falls.

Roger, Allied General, DeCoz and Madkow (XO's) it was a pleasure to play against you. Pete, Ghost and I appreciate the work you and the rest of the allies put into this weekend!
TTPL Championship Team Medic @ USANA 08*MVT French ION @ Skirmish 08
Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 PM #17
PaulPandemic

It was pretty close between this year and last year. the cap is the best thing they could have done for ION its way better organized now and the reffs are finially on top of things i got paint checked about 5 times even at night with a lighter and chrono'd at least 4 much more player involvement in objectives and for me at least not so many noobs in the back shooting there team mates great time this is my 4th year deff going again next year.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM #18
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by caw88 View Post
...On the other hand there seemed to be alot less people playing castle nights, alot less tanks on the field, and where was the battleship run on the beach right before the invasion? Where where the pyrotechnics that they had in the past? And since when is full auto banned?

The low amount of players playing at castle nights was probably (in part) due to the rain. There were the same number of tanks this year as there was last year. The Battleship New Jersey Bus was not used this year - senior management decided against it. Skirmish has never put on a pyrothecnics display - the players did that... illegally. Full auto has NEVER been allowed at Skirmish. The number of venders was about the same as in years past - but what they sell is their business, not Skirmish's. And yes, the camping area was quite tame this year, due to security cracking down and laying down the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l00ph0le View Post
I was just bummed that I could not light a small fire in my fire pit on friday night..I was cold and WET... I would RENT A CAMPING SPOT with a fire pit for next year..That is if they want to get some more $$ out of us.
I agree that the no open fires rule is a bit of a bummer, but let's face it... it only takes one goof-nut to let his fire get out of control, burn the place down, and tada.... no more Skirmish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie13th View Post
Only thing I would change is using less white water employees, or training them better in the scenario rules.
Any Whitewater employees that were on field were all trained paintball refs as well. The ones that weren't trained as refs were used to park cars, clean trash, etc. - non-field support roles.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM #19
d4rksabre
Corrado Salvatore

This was my 6th Invasion of Normandy (or D-day as it was) and I would say it was one of the better ones. The weather was great, the command staff was great, the game was well run, and the refs were stellar.

My only complaint was that Tippmann didn't come well enough prepared to deal with the demand for TPX accessories. A few extra clips would have made my weekend a lot better in terms of game play.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faeceb°°k
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM #20
eXn Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
This was my 6th Invasion of Normandy (or D-day as it was) and I would say it was one of the better ones. The weather was great, the command staff was great, the game was well run, and the refs were stellar.

My only complaint was that Tippmann didn't come well enough prepared to deal with the demand for TPX accessories. A few extra clips would have made my weekend a lot better in terms of game play.
Friday night wasnt' tipman castle game was a mess
Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM #21
Jeepers Creepers
Previously Satan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPandemic View Post
It was pretty close between this year and last year. the cap is the best thing they could have done for ION its way better organized now and the reffs are finially on top of things i got paint checked about 5 times even at night with a lighter and chrono'd at least 4 much more player involvement in objectives and for me at least not so many noobs in the back shooting there team mates great time this is my 4th year deff going again next year.
Last year was really good it was close, but I had to say this year one. And Im sure next year will be even better

Heres some videos ION 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKc82SBc83Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ypQN...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZEywVMmnhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82H4N...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqoFD3DKKU&NR=1
Gosh oh, gee oh....how'd they get that size
Golly gee...When you turn them heaters on
Woe is me...got to put my cheaters on
Jeepers, creepers....where'd ya get them peepers
Oh, those weepers....how they hypnotize"

Last edited by Jeepers Creepers : 07-21-2009 at 03:08 PM.