Community Focus

Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM #22
devilspaintball
Hustle, Fight, Grind!!!

devilspaintball plays in the USPL
devilspaintball plays in the PSP
devilspaintball is an NCPA player
devilspaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
i had i great time for my first ION only problem i had was on the beach when i was by the mounds and some people traded out and the allie left but the german sat there said he was out so i left him a lone. But he stood there i thought fixing his shoe cause i couldn't see then he threw a grenade by my head, very poor sportsmanship. But all in all it was a great event and will be back next year
Hungry Fat Chicks
Powered By: G.I. Sportz | Planet Eclipse | NVP Paintball | Prestige Paintball | Meadowlands Field | Battle Creek
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM #23
PaulPandemic

Thanks Alot all Skirmish Staff these last 2 years have been great being a 4 year veteran and thanks to these last two years ill be there for many more good job keeping the feilds clean and under control
Old 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM #24
gaussian88
Roger Roger

Allies,

It's been 2 days since the German's earned their victory over the Allies this year. I can not stress enough that they *earned* their victory. I've been around this game for a while now and I can say confidently that I've never been part of a game that has been fought harder than this one.

I walked around the camp grounds on Sat. night and Sun. afternoon and you guys were exhausted! I could not be prouder to have served as the Allied General this year.

The beach. We broke the beach. Good job!!! It wasn't record time, but we did it. I will never forget the sight (and sound) the Allies disappearing into the forest. AWESOME!

To all the teams in each of the company's below, speak up and tell us who you supported. I can't mention everyone here. You tell us who you are!

Alpha Company ==> Led by Mike Lydon of Help Nelson. You get the award for "most insane". The Black Eagle Squadron and Team Shadow and everyone else who were a part of A. Co. this year, you kicked ***. You led the charge on Sword and you did it in style.

Bravo Company ==> Led by "DeathX" of Tri-State Special Ops Command. You get the "unstoppable" award. You guys pushed yourselves non-stop. In fact, over the past year or so, I can't think of a team that has been more dedicated on the field. Thank you! You lead by example.

Charlie Company ==> Led by Hosh and Eric Kazmir of Team Delaware. You guys led the charge out of Gold. I consider Gold the hardest boat to come out of because you're shot at from all directions. Perfect for one of the best teams on the field in my opinion. It's been great getting to know you guys over the past year and I look forward to getting on the field with you as soon as possible!

Delta Company ==> Led by "Ninja" of Team Wulfenkow. You gave Allied command a sense of comfort. Every time you took the field, you did it in force. You (Ninja) and the rest of your team are one of the most organized and well prepared teams I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Your dedication and support before and during the game helped me more than you know.

Echo Company ==> Led by Madoc of the MSU Redhawks. You guys are my ace in the hole. Allied Command's confidence stems from you and your crew. You make scenario paintball what it should be... you play the game as if your life is on the line, you play it honest and you take no prisoners.

Foxtrot Company ==> Led by Patrick Galarza of the Red Raiders (Part of the E.R.S.A.). Patrick was the newest of our company commanders and his team was made up of quite a few players who didn't know the field that well. Don't let that fool you! In the end, Foxtrot LOCKED DOWN the field wherever they were. In fact, Foxtrot may have scored more points than any other company and/or team on the 'grid'. I'll have to confirm that. Either way, they were a force to be reckoned with. Most of the stories, laughs and good memories in the Allied HQ come from Foxtrot and the Red Raiders.

Juliet Company ==> Led by Konstantine Chaus of Team Spetsnaz. I got to know these guys almost 2 years ago and they know how to play this game. They employ a perfect mix of aggression, tactics, and smarts. If there's any company I would want to be a part of it's one led by Spetsnaz. They also exemplify what a company commander should be. Cool, calm and collected at all times. And when they hit the field, they hit it hard.

Tango Company ==> Led by Paul "Vector" DiNunn of Yankee Division (MVT). Yankee Division has been part of the backbone of Allied Command for many years. They provide us with our pregame facilities so we can get all of you mentally prepared and, like everyone else, they lead by example. How did they earn MVT? They were available before the game, they did *anything* and *everything* we asked of them before and during the game, they never left the field, their leadership and comms were flawless and they simply kicked ***.

XRAY Company ==> Led by "Professor" of Ambush Alpha (Part of Joint Fury). Take a note everyone. DO NOT make enemies with Joint Fury. They provided Allied Command with heavy armor (That crazy tank that destroyed everything in its path is called Buzzkill), I had an awesome radio operator (her name is Michelle or "Pickles") who ran all over the battle field, regardless of what was going on around it to help me get stuff done, they gave me behind the lines intelligence all day. (I'm not sure I want to leave the name of who was doing this, but you know who you are and you were awesome! Thank you!!!!). I wasn't going to head up to EMR at the end of August. Now I have to! Thank you for your dedication and hard work.

XRAY ==> If I could have given a co-MVT, you were it!!!! I also owe you all a bottle of sunblock. You locked the beach down all day Saturday. I've never seen so few people hold back so many for so long.

101st Airborne ==> Led by Smiley of the Merry Band of Brothers. You get the award for the team everyone should have the experience to play paintball with. A good number of the crew from the Allied HQ returned only to tell me, "The Airborne is crazy, they're awesome!!!!". LOL Congratulations on your Airborne mission (they blew up one of the German supply bridges) and showing everyone once again that the 101st Airborne is the elite.

DeCoz and Madkow ==> Allied XO's. I spoke to each of you a few days before the game and I let you know what I thought. If I could go back and do this over 100 times, I would choose the two of you each and every time. Thank you for everything.

Allied Command staff:
Phil Whalen (Team Forefront): Ret. Allied General, Phil "Silence" Whalen. Primary Comms officer (Company Commanders). Helped me make good decisions for the past several months and during the game. I couldn't have done this with without Phil by my side! Thank you Phil!!! Oh yeah... it was a "statement of intent".

James "Alpha" Graham - (Ambush Alpha / Joint Fury) Ambassador. I think I spoke to you more than anyone going into this game. I learned a LOT during the months leading up to and during the weekend with Alpha. You get the award for "the person I never want to ever play against in a paintball game or in real life". You had Krupp and Tyrell on their heals all weekend. You made my weekend!!! (Best moment ==> You about to kill people at the diplomatic reception)... no wait... you demanding that Mark P. throw out all Germans at their Gala... the list goes on...

Michelle "Pickles" (Joint Fury) - Combat Team Comms officer who became an adviser and ran all over the place to help me get EVERYTHING done when I needed to get it done. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Thank you for your dedication and lending us your years of experience in the Allied HQ.

Herc (Undertakers) - Allied Base Security - We got to watch these guys do their thing all weekend and it was AWESOME!!!! The allied base was never hit. That's right. We took some fire, some Germans let me know they were there, but we were never blown up! Even Skirmish management was afraid to walk up to my HQ to give us our missions. Nuff said. (A shout out to Ron Stern Paintball Camp ==> They did get their hands on the Allied base. Thanks guys. I'll never forget you yelling "HEY ROGER ==> Ron Stern Paintball Camp says hi!!!) Nice job. Getting close to the HQ wasn't an easy task.

Paul Tofanni (MSU Redhawks) - Role Player director. Deployed our snipers, demolitions (blew their base up 2 or 3 times!), and worked with our spies, which, in the end worked out pretty dam good! I would be honored to have you part of Allied command or any command anytime.

Mike "Chemnitz" - Counter Intelligence and technology. Did any of you (company commanders) notice that the radio's seemed to have better range and clarity over the weekend? Mike built us some antennas to boost the range of our UHF radios. Thank you for stepping up and offering your time and dedication. You saved us a huge amount of frustration and enabled our entire command staff to work more efficiently than ever before.

Forefront - Jon, Matt, Phil and Justin ==> Thanks for helping me out all weekend. From everything you did with the camp, the HQ and all the running around, you guys are the reason I LOVE this game. I couldn't ask to be on a better, although argumentative, team. Best campsite award for sure! Jon ==> Thanks for taking the comms when we needed you to. Driving is kinda fun! Right?

Carl McLaughlin (Help Nelson) - (The guy with bird on his hat) Recon, Tanks, AT. Carl, you were on point all weekend getting our tanks out there (and finding tank refs for us), getting field intel and moving AT around. What really stood out about you was that you took it upon yourself to get stuff done, and you did it well! Thank you.

Espionage ==> "Sorge", "Keiser", Mike and Alex - I will not disclose your real identities nor your full names. You guys were awesome. I'll keep your identities safe. Why ruin a good thing. The intel you provided and the damage you did to the Germans throughout the weekend was priceless. Regardless of the next General is, you're contact info. will be passed along and you will be deployed again. So long as the 4 of you exist, German command will need to look over their shoulder and trust NOBODY!!!

Mr. Anderson - You were the Allied "big brother". You were ruthless, unforgiving and on the ball. You ran our "accountability office" the way it needed to be ran. I will give you a call each and every time I'm involved with command. fyi: Mr. Anderson was camped about 30 feet from the German general and provided us with priceless intel throughout the weekend. Gotta love those overpaid government watchdogs.

Continued.....
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM #25
gaussian88
Roger Roger

Heavy Armor ==> To my tank operators. (Brian/Joint Fury, Brian/Tyrell, Nelson/Tyrell) Thank you for going the extra mile, dealing with the added logistics of having a tank at Skirmish and for dealing with the problems with getting your tanks on the field. I apologize for the issues with 'tank refs'. I will surely speak to Skirmish about this and I'm sure the issue will be resolved. Regardless, you guys were great and you were the talk of the town among the Allies.

TYRELL ==> Wally / Nyxx / Chris/"box" / Rob W. / Mike F. and all the folks I've built friendships with over the years ==> I wanted to work with you more. But, war is hell. Don't worry, my stab wounds are healing nicely. The artwork delivered from Nyxx was nice and made me feel a little better. The temptation to shoot her was high, but my command staff pulled me back. Heavy investments from another unnamed corporate entity was highly influential. Seriously ==> I've learned where the weakest part of my game is. I need to learn to play the role playing game better. I'm glad I discovered this. This presents a challenge to me and that's what will keep me coming back to the game. I think if I worked better with the Tyrell Corp., the outcome of this game may have been different. Although, I don't want to take anything away from Mr. Murphy. He still outplayed us and out-generaled me.

ps. The frog is EVIL.

KRUPP ==> Ret. German General Mark P. and Andrew "A-Train". You guys were actually a blast to work with. One of my best memories of this game are going be deal with you guys. Trying to get in my base at 1:45 on Friday with Mark P. by my side was interesting. "Just shoot him. Shoot him Roger. Do it."... You were right Mark. You were right. Shoot first and don't even question later.

Oh... and dam you Mark for those fake props, but I shouldn't have expected anything less. *sigh. I have to tell you, we all enjoyed having you in the HQ w/ us. Your experience and insight into the game is invaluable. We'll talk soon.

Peter Murphy, German Command and the German Army ==> WELL PLAYED!! Nobody can take this win from you. You beat us straight up. Enjoy it while it lasts. Your only accomplishment is that you've exposed the only weaknesses in Allied Command. Our weaknesses will be addressed the darkness you how cast over Europe will be short-lived. Seriously though ==> A win you deserve.

and finally ==> Thank you Skirmish (Paul Fogal, Terry Breslin, Rich Morland and the rest of the Skirmish staff). You did an outstanding job!!!! This was one of the best IONs yet. The refs did their job incredibly well, the game was balanced and fair and everyone went home tired, sore and happy. You can't ask for more than that! I know I got in the face of a few of you at times. Please keep in mind that all of this is me reacting to situations in the moment. I have nothing but the highest respect for what you do for all of us. Thank you for putting on the greatest game of the year!!!!!

Take care everyone and I'm sure we'll see each other around.

Allied Command.
OUT

Last edited by gaussian88 : 07-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 PM #26
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaussian88 View Post
I wasn't going to head up to EMR at the end of August. Now I have to!
If your going to make the trip, there are three things you need to prepare for.
1) Gun hits count. To play it any other way is complete bush league, and newbie minded.
2) Players call themselves out when they're hit... Expect a much higher quality group of players. It's like a different way to play, I know.
3) The Ref's... well, they ref. They're not afraid of the players and they accept their position of authority in the game. *******s are not tolerated, playing through hits is not tolerated and... they keep the game safe.

You'll experience some culture shock... that's normal, but once you detox, you'll have a new home field.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM #27
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBalz View Post
If your going to make the trip, there are three things you need to prepare for.
1) Gun hits count. To play it any other way is complete bush league, and newbie minded.
2) Players call themselves out when they're hit... Expect a much higher quality group of players. It's like a different way to play, I know.
3) The Ref's... well, they ref. They're not afraid of the players and they accept their position of authority in the game. *******s are not tolerated, playing through hits is not tolerated and... they keep the game safe.

You'll experience some culture shock... that's normal, but once you detox, you'll have a new home field.
Aww sounds like somebody was mad about being bounced to the beach. You know that the Skirmish games aren't an invite only scenario. You decided to come, you knew how they run the game, you knew you were going to look for something to complain about.

Now having said that I do commend you guys for punching through on the right side. My company seemed to dwindle around 1pm when folks needed air and paint. Had they all came back to their posts it may have been different. The players that all came up the tape line until 120pm did a great job of leaving the field when hit. I know because I hit alot of you. Again good job Allies on that side. To bad it has to be tainted by likes of JFBalz....

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM #28
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Heavy Armor ==> To my tank operators. (Brian/Joint Fury, Brian/Tyrell, Nelson/Tyrell) Thank you for going the extra mile, dealing with the added logistics of having a tank at Skirmish and for dealing with the problems with getting your tanks on the field. I apologize for the issues with 'tank refs'. I will surely speak to Skirmish about this and I'm sure the issue will be resolved. Regardless, you guys were great and you were the talk of the town among the Allies.

TYRELL ==> Wally / Nyxx / Chris/"box" / Rob W. / Mike F. and all the folks I've built friendships with over the years ==> I wanted to work with you more. But, war is hell. Don't worry, my stab wounds are healing nicely. The artwork delivered from Nyxx was nice and made me feel a little better. The temptation to shoot her was high, but my command staff pulled me back. Heavy investments from another unnamed corporate entity was highly influential. Seriously ==> I've learned where the weakest part of my game is. I need to learn to play the role playing game better. I'm glad I discovered this. This presents a challenge to me and that's what will keep me coming back to the game. I think if I worked better with the Tyrell Corp., the outcome of this game may have been different. Although, I don't want to take anything away from Mr. Murphy. He still outplayed us and out-generaled me.

ps. The frog is EVIL.

KRUPP ==> Ret. German General Mark P. and Andrew "A-Train". You guys were actually a blast to work with. One of my best memories of this game are going be deal with you guys. Trying to get in my base at 1:45 on Friday with Mark P. by my side was interesting. "Just shoot him. Shoot him Roger. Do it."... You were right Mark. You were right. Shoot first and don't even question later.

Oh... and dam you Mark for those fake props, but I shouldn't have expected anything less. *sigh. I have to tell you, we all enjoyed having you in the HQ w/ us. Your experience and insight into the game is invaluable. We'll talk soon.

Peter Murphy, German Command and the German Army ==> WELL PLAYED!! Nobody can take this win from you. You beat us straight up. Enjoy it while it lasts. Your only accomplishment is that you've exposed the only weaknesses in Allied Command. Our weaknesses will be addressed the darkness you how cast over Europe will be short-lived. Seriously though ==> A win you deserve.

and finally ==> Thank you Skirmish (Paul Fogal, Terry Breslin, Rich Morland and the rest of the Skirmish staff). You did an outstanding job!!!! This was one of the best IONs yet. The refs did their job incredibly well, the game was balanced and fair and everyone went home tired, sore and happy. You can't ask for more than that! I know I got in the face of a few of you at times. Please keep in mind that all of this is me reacting to situations in the moment. I have nothing but the highest respect for what you do for all of us. Thank you for putting on the greatest game of the year!!!!!

Take care everyone and I'm sure we'll see each other around.

Allied Command.
OUT
Roger, it was a pleasure to be your allied base ref. your base security was incredible. hope to see you guys again next year.

-Matt T.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 PM #29
gaussian88
Roger Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarter View Post
Roger, it was a pleasure to be your allied base ref. your base security was incredible. hope to see you guys again next year.

-Matt T.
Hey Matt. Yeah... Base Security was a bit scary, however entertaining. It was good having you around. Thanks for being available when I needed you to be.

(I really needed you at 1:45 on Sat. when 4 Germans were having lunch in my base and wouldn't leave!!! Looking back, it's kinda funny!)
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 PM #30
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley753 View Post
Aww sounds like somebody was mad about being bounced to the beach.
Being "Bounced????"........Let me fill you in on a little somthing there Stanley, we (Joint Fury) were NEVER the 101st, but the German command bought it, hook, line, & sinker and took a great deal of time & effort to counter the supposed "threat"......job well done.

Quote:
You know that the Skirmish games aren't an invite only scenario.
What does that have to do with the "price of rice in China?"...... Is that your way of saying that "we should expect people to play through hits, blatantly wipe, & basically wait to be told they are hit" at a 3500 player game?

Quote:
You decided to come, you knew how they run the game, you knew you were going to look for something to complain about.
There was a reason we left Skirmish in 2001, also when Wayne Dollack decided to part ways. From what we have seen after attending this game, nothing has changed other than the venue layout and a whole bunch of new faces. Please don't get your panties in a twist because we happen to differ in opinion on what we witnessed & how we feel, big-games are run at Skirmish. We decided to give it a shot again, we learned a great deal, and decisions have been made (by us, for us) based on what we saw, nothing else.

Quote:
Now having said that I do commend you guys for punching through on the right side.
Thanks.......compliment appreciated.

Quote:
My company seemed to dwindle around 1pm when folks needed air and paint. Had they all came back to their posts it may have been different.
Whatever helps you sleep at night......

Quote:
The players that all came up the tape line until 120pm did a great job of leaving the field when hit. I know because I hit alot of you. Again good job Allies on that side.
Im sorry.....isn't that the way people are supposed to play paintball? Leave the field when they are hit? I didn't know that deserved kudos.......I though that was how the game was "Supposed" to be played.....
"Hey buddy, thanks for calling yourself out after I gogged you 3 times....."

Quote:
To bad it has to be tainted by likes of JFBalz....

I'm sorry if your views don't coincide with what JFBalz is trying to say. I'd hardly think that his opinions are "tainting" what you perceived to be a "Great Game".

I guess blatant wiping, playing through hits, and bad/non-exsistant reffing (Based on what a considerable amount of my team-mates witnessed) is what you call "great paintball"......I guess "Ignorance is Truly Bliss"

It seems to me that the criteria upon which you base your opinions of what a "Great Paintball Game" really is , differs entirely from that of JFBalz.......No Harm, No Foul........enjoy Skirmish, after all, that's your right to do so, and I'm glad you do. We take a great deal of comfort in knowing that this "type" of game only exsists at Skirmish.....and look forward to it remaining that way.

Good luck to you in the future.
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM #31
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

As far as the tainted remark check your boys sig. I've heard all the same stories about EMR (for which he is clearly making his comparison too) but don't see need to slam the field.

Paul and Terry do a great job up there and even you guys have to admit that this was one of the safest ION's in many years. Many of us did field walks on Sunday and none to my knowledge found any reballs (lots of non field paint though). Only a few slip and fall injuries and few fights. Security was tight and I'm sorry things were not to your liking, but it was a good game.

Both sides fought hard and mostly fair. Medics were a little scarce, but they always are.

See you guys in 10 years I guess.

edit- In my opinion EMR puts on great games as well. ALL fields suffer nay sayers.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS

Last edited by dstanley753 : 07-21-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM #32
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
now bomber you just pissed me off
your in a thank you thread for the players that had a good time and enjoyed themselves and your bashing the head ppl at skirmish for what? players not being honorable

that buddy is a low blow and you should call out those players

this was by far the best and safest IONs i have been too and heard of from everyone around

if you dont want to come because you dont like hows it run then plz keep your ***** on your couch and stfu
while the rest of us enjoy our game and have the times of our lives playing
Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 AM #33
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Hey Matt. Yeah... Base Security was a bit scary, however entertaining. It was good having you around. Thanks for being available when I needed you to be.

(I really needed you at 1:45 on Sat. when 4 Germans were having lunch in my base and wouldn't leave!!! Looking back, it's kinda funny!)
i was still on the beach around that time. that was such a rush.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:43 AM #34
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
if you dont want to come because you dont like hows it run then plz keep your ***** on your couch and stfu while the rest of us enjoy our game and have the times of our lives playing
Hey man, if the comparison I made hit a nerve... maybe making ION looking sub-standard... that's your problem. I see it as a stone cold truth. There was nothing about that game that would bring me back. My opinion, my choice. If you enjoy that particular style that we experienced/suffered last weekend... have fun. Your choice.

As far as Bomber or myself "shutting the **** up..."

...you're gonna need to fluff each other in some private forum. I dropped money on this event and wasn't satisfied. Now they're hearing about it... (as if they care) You jumped into the cross hairs... You took up defending the Skirm... My opinion has nothing to do with you.

I can't believe that 101st rumor lasted until game time... yeah, that hole on the right side was JF's project from the beginning... and we brought it home with the help of a bunch hard nosed teams.

If you make it up to EMR, stop by the JF houses for a beer. None of this was personal, I don't know you from Adam... just be prepared to be held to a higher standard.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 AM #35
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Hey man, if the comparison I made hit a nerve... maybe making ION looking sub-standard... that's your problem. I see it as a stone cold truth. There was nothing about that game that would bring me back. My opinion, my choice. If you enjoy that particular style that we experienced/suffered last weekend... have fun. Your choice.

As far as Bomber or myself "shutting the **** up..."

...you're gonna need to fluff each other in some private forum. I dropped money on this event and wasn't satisfied. Now they're hearing about it... (as if they care) You jumped into the cross hairs... You took up defending the Skirm... My opinion has nothing to do with you.

I can't believe that 101st rumor lasted until game time... yeah, that hole on the right side was JF's project from the beginning... and we brought it home with the help of a bunch hard nosed teams.

If you make it up to EMR, stop by the JF houses for a beer. None of this was personal, I don't know you from Adam... just be prepared to be held to a higher standard.

You are one complaint out of maybe (and this is adding a few extra) 10 I heard during ion and since. and the complaints I heard were only things like someones shooting illegal paint, other then that I look at it like 3490 players cant be wrong..

whining = fail.

as someone said before, you're crying about things in a thank you thread.
You want to gripe,that's fine..just do it else where. start your own thread (let me know how that works out for ya)

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM #36
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
You are one complaint out of maybe (and this is adding a few extra) 10 I heard during ion and since. and the complaints I heard were only things like someones shooting illegal paint, other then that I look at it like 3490 players cant be wrong..

whining = fail.

as someone said before, you're crying about things in a thank you thread.
You want to gripe,that's fine..just do it else where. start your own thread (let me know how that works out for ya)
Notice how the "Skirmish Field Judge" (A ref, who are we kidding) lashes out instead of maybe contacting an unsatisfied customer in a pm. (A move I would have truly respected)

You sir are the perfect spokesmen for EMR.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM #37
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Notice how the "Skirmish Field Judge" (A ref, who are we kidding) lashes out instead of maybe contacting an unsatisfied customer in a pm. (A move I would have truly respected)

You sir are the perfect spokesmen for EMR.

Lol. not lashing out.

simply stating MY oppinion.

as I told him he can gripe and make complaints and such if he felt the need to do so, just take it to another thread , as the intention of this one is not complaints.

Ive been playing at skirmish for 16 years before becoming a ref there, and not once did I ever have a complaint (guess thats why ive been playing there so long) so me being a ref has nothing to do with it..

I guess youre gonna assume all the other people posthing in this thread are employees too huh?

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM #38
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

Well I'm no employee and have payed full price everytime I've been there. In comparison to games past its in my opinion that this was one of the smoothest run. The JF boys have their home field and I bet Skirmish was was happy to have you over. Had it truly been a horrible experience I bet Terry/Paul would have lent an ear to listen. Did you take the time to find them? If not then this is done. I for one took the time to find them and thank them for hosting us yet again and on the improvements.

So lets keep this thread back on track please. And as for the offer on the beer at your bunkhouse you better follow through if we make it up this year. I love cold beer and free cold beer is even better!

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM #39
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Im done........

That's it, you heard it folks.......I'm done.......
You will hear nothing more from me on any of the subjects touched upon in this thread. I recognize that there are people who attend this event that have the time of their lives doing so, and I respect that. I guess I sould be jaded after playing paintball for 20+ years, but alas, I have a hard time dealing with the complacency of players as well as SOME (IE: not all) of the refs. I am in no way confirming or denying the level of safety that exsisted at this particular event. Much of what I heard from my teamates, as well as other players, was that this ION was the safest by far, and not once have I disputed or even so much as commented on anything to the contrary in any of my previous posts regarding this particular ION..

It seems to me that the vast #'s that this game attracts, also brings with it a sense of complacency among a great deal of the players. I have never seen more rampant cheating, wiping, & playing through hits as I have at Skirmish. This observation is not meant to be a low blow to Paul (he's getting his $ regardless), NoX13, or anybody in particular who attended the event, but rather, towards the multitudes of nameless, faceless (behind masks) players that my team was witness to cheating.

Do I have a hard time sitting here & reading how great the game was & how stand up & honest everyone claims the play was?
You Betcha.......because it wasn't what I or my teamates witnessed.

I guess that it just shocks me a little when players who I know and whom claim to be "stand-up" turn a "blind eye" the the stupidity and ignorance of a few (cheaters). That ignorance, breeds ignorance, and unfortunately, a few people who intentionally cheat or choose not to read & understand basic paintball etiqute, helps to foster those who turn a blind eye to such behavior, or start doing the same thing themselves.

A good deal of the refs that we witnessed this weekend also are guilty of the same thing. I'm sure they were all about monitoring for safety, but when it came to gameplay, it SEEMED as if a majority of the refs could care less (A problem which is entirely in Skirmish's hands).

Look, I don't want to come on here and bash anyone in particular. I am calling it the way I see it. My decision to post here in the "Thank You" thread was in an effort to see that my particular opinions reached the eyes of Mr. Fogal. If he wishes to discuss it further, I would be more than happy to oblige outside of this forum. I apologize if my comments caused some "panties" to become twisted, as that was not my intent. I will NOT apologize for the comments of my teamates, as their opinions are their own, and some of them don't choose to be as eloquent when stating how they feel.

Despite what many of you perceive, I used to frequent Skirmish back in the late 80's up until 2001. I think its a great field and is alot of fun to play. I genuinely miss the Wayne Dollack games that used to be held there, and have many fond memories from the woods of Blakeslee. However, I cannot ignore what I have seen, so I will slip back into ambiguity, and keep the remainder of my opinions and beliefs to myself and away from this thread.

Good luck to all of you.......

PS: OZcardshop.......I apologize if my opinions "Pissed you off" as you stated. As this is a public forum, I have just as much right to render my opinion as does everyone else on here. I'm sorry that our opinions don't happen to coincide. Your ignorant response in telling me to "Stay on the couch" & "STFU" seems a typical, 6th grade response, but in no way helps to prove any real point, other than that you happen to disagree with my statements. No fears though.......as I stated above, I'm done.
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 PM #40
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Quote:
edit- In my opinion EMR puts on great games as well. ALL fields suffer nay sayers.
So TRUE, they really damn this sport every time they wipe, cheat, steal......
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM

Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 PM #41
BES-Waldo

I agree with Bomber

FOR SALE 1 OF 1 ACU DM4
Old 07-22-2009, 04:50 PM #42
Rephy
Ambush Alpha

Rephy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Allies,

XRAY Company ==> Led by "Professor" of Ambush Alpha (Part of Joint Fury). Take a note everyone. DO NOT make enemies with Joint Fury. They provided Allied Command with heavy armor (That crazy tank that destroyed everything in its path is called Buzzkill), I had an awesome radio operator (her name is Michelle or "Pickles") who ran all over the battle field, regardless of what was going on around it to help me get stuff done, they gave me behind the lines intelligence all day. (I'm not sure I want to leave the name of who was doing this, but you know who you are and you were awesome! Thank you!!!!). I wasn't going to head up to EMR at the end of August. Now I have to! Thank you for your dedication and hard work.

XRAY ==> If I could have given a co-MVT, you were it!!!! I also owe you all a bottle of sunblock. You locked the beach down all day Saturday. I've never seen so few people hold back so many for so long.

James "Alpha" Graham - (Ambush Alpha / Joint Fury) Ambassador. I think I spoke to you more than anyone going into this game. I learned a LOT during the months leading up to and during the weekend with Alpha. You get the award for "the person I never want to ever play against in a paintball game or in real life". You had Krupp and Tyrell on their heals all weekend. You made my weekend!!! (Best moment ==> You about to kill people at the diplomatic reception)... no wait... you demanding that Mark P. throw out all Germans at their Gala... the list goes on...

Michelle "Pickles" (Joint Fury) - Combat Team Comms officer who became an adviser and ran all over the place to help me get EVERYTHING done when I needed to get it done. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Thank you for your dedication and lending us your years of experience in the Allied HQ.

On behalf of Ambush Alpha and JF, thank you for the recognition Roger. I would also like to add that the BT Warrior guys also ran with us along with a few other players. We had about 50 total.

As far as the game goes, I will voice my views and opinions to Paul and the staff personally. Some good some bad.

www.AmbushAlpha.net

Ambush Alpha Sponsors:
Indie

Last edited by Rephy : 07-22-2009 at 05:09 PM.