dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you to Paul, Terry, and the Skirmish Staff

Of the ION's I've been to and the stories I've heard...This years event went GREAT! The ref's did their best, except for Jesus since no one seemed to die around him (just kidding). Very well organized.

One suggestion for next year would be a pair of porty-potties near the insertion points. Also to ask the refs to not defecate in the woods near bases (one ref almost got more out of his trip than expected).

For the raffle maybe do separate tickets not involving the wristbands. The last two years my numbers completely rubbed off.

My two cents, but again great job this year. Safety and organization came leaps and bounds this year!!!

Goose
Slaughterhouse-5

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 11:14 PM #2
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
refs pooping in the woods?.. Im not gonna even try to touch on that or explain it..all ill do is scratch my head on confusion..lol.

As for the thank you.. well, thank you too.
as ive said before in another thread the majority of players did an outstanding job and helped us in making our jobs that much easier.

I know there was a ton of scenario teams out there but out of all of them I personally recall alot of players from handfull of teams helping everyone on the field,from getting them motivated,giving them tips and tricks to letting them tag along on missions,charges ect ect. Slaughterhouse being one of them,Zyklon B,S.O.V,Team predator,Tri State, just to name a few.

not enough good things can be said about the overall player base.

everyone deserves a round of applause.

I would Also like to give FM Pete and the wonderful Squeak toy that is his wife a special mention..

(even though FM pete plays the axis roll) they are always looking out for the best interest of any player they come across.. from treating them to cookies and snacks,keeping them hydrated,even using their off field out post as a safe storage area for paint and gear for players ..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345

Last edited by NoX13 : 07-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 PM #3
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Definitely a great weekend, tiring but great.

As for the first comment at first we thought he was mooning us so a warning shot went right next to him. You've never seen someone jump up and run so fast!

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 AM #4
STeeCHfinger
Kickin Kick KIck

had a great time with everyone this weekend im sore as hell sunburnt and cant speak im glad i have monday off good job refs i know this game must suck to mediate and u guys try your best thanks for hosting terry , paul and the skirmish staff
http://www.forefrontpb.com
Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM #5
wardoggy

I was also impressed by the professionalism and diligence of the refs, judges and staff. This was my fourth ION, and by far the best-run that I have seen. A lot of the refs were rookies, and they really did a fine job for a freshman class - very promising for the future if they stay in it. And the kudos for SqueakToy and her crew are also very well-deserved! There should be more of that sort of "USO" thing at the insertion points - it really made the game much more enjoyable, especially for old codgers like me!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:09 AM #6
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
thanks again refs and skirmish staff in general

to the garbage man (sorry name escapes me)
your stories are amazing and you sir are truly a kind hearted gentleman
always good to see your around doing your job keeping it clean for all of us out there and thanks again for helping with our heaping bags of trash
Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 AM #7
RavenWolf
Francois Deloup

RavenWolf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RavenWolf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
An immense thank you to you all. Being able to listen in on both the Allied and German complaints throughout the game I was impressed to discover that reports were minimal of any issues and that the things that did come up were resolved satisfactorily for both sides. You guys did an AMAZING job this year and I look forward to seeing this success continued in years to come! Great job!
Victorious General of Biowars II and Phantom Panic by G-Force Productions
Skirmish's Invasion of Normandy 2009 German Ambassador to Tyrell/RCO.... VICTORY!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 AM #8
Ross17
Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
thanks again refs and skirmish staff in general

to the garbage man (sorry name escapes me)
your stories are amazing and you sir are truly a kind hearted gentleman
always good to see your around doing your job keeping it clean for all of us out there and thanks again for helping with our heaping bags of trash

That would be old man charlie, he's got quite a few stories, including the fact he's been considered dead 6 times

As to all the other thanks, like Jamie said, thank all the players, they are the ones who played this game safely and fairly, except for those who I dumped illegal paint from.

To those who I helped all weekend, (I was wearing the orange ref jersey, riot shield, 09 distortion paints and a tippmann jersey under the ref jersey) thanks for complying.

Great job everyone, it was an awesome weekend.

4 full CCM'd pumps
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM #9
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
I've stayed away from Skirmish for a while, but after this event, I feel things have truly turned around for the better. I had a great time and felt the game went rather smoothly. If there were any problems, they were handled rapidly. I can honestly say, cant wait to play this game next year.

On a side note, there was a ref who hurt his ankle really bad by Allied HQ..didnt get his name. Was just wondering how he's doing? When we got him in the golf cart, he was in alot of pain. Hope he's OK!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM #10
Ross17
Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylou View Post
I've stayed away from Skirmish for a while, but after this event, I feel things have truly turned around for the better. I had a great time and felt the game went rather smoothly. If there were any problems, they were handled rapidly. I can honestly say, cant wait to play this game next year.

On a side note, there was a ref who hurt his ankle really bad by Allied HQ..didnt get his name. Was just wondering how he's doing? When we got him in the golf cart, he was in alot of pain. Hope he's OK!
That would be who we all call Tuna, real name is Chris. He got two fractures in his ankle and it splintered at the bottom, but he is doing okay and we appreciate your concern.

4 full CCM'd pumps
Old 07-20-2009, 11:51 AM #11
prettylou
Por favor nene!

WOW!! Sorry to hear that. Tell him Prettylou, the guy who wrapped his ankle, hopes he gets better!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM #12
Killer_Jezebel
Making Boys Cry Since 82

Killer_Jezebel supports Team VICIOUS
I second the need for port-o-pots closer to insertion points.

We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
Queen Victoria
Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM #13
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ion

Team Predator would like to thank Skirmish and all the ref staff for a great time. This is the best attended game for our team every year. We came 42 strong this year.This is definitely a direct reflection on the professionalism of all the staff.
We would like to personally thank the Tank ref who ran with us all day on Saturday.I suffer from C.R.S and cant remember his name (I apologize for that) but he was native american. He stayed with us and let us "do what we do" with minimal interference. Great Guy (give him a raise) LOL
On a side note, it was great dealing with Terry over tank issues.We realize that the issues were not your doing and appreciated what you did to resolve them.Hopefully, we will get more tank time at the next game.
We were all checked for "speeding violations" and illegal balls many times. Sometimes it was a distraction but we realize why it has to be done. Better than being shot with reball at 350 fps. Thanks to all the refs for doing what they do. You guys always take the heat for anything that goes wrong on the field.Maybe Skirmish should charge $150 per person so everyone can have there own referee. This would make sure that everyone plays upstanding ball!
For all the complainers-Big Games are Big Games. Deal with it or stay home and let someone who understands the game play in your place.
Finally-Thanks to Skirmish for having this game every year. This is our SUPER BOWL of paintball-without commercials LOL

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 PM #14
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylou View Post
WOW!! Sorry to hear that. Tell him Prettylou, the guy who wrapped his ankle, hopes he gets better!
He stopped by the field for a few to let us all know how he was doing,some fracture,some chips and there not sure if there is worse so they have to do an mri and didnt cast yet,just wrapped and big black boot and some crutches.

he seemed much more comfortable and said to thank everyone for him. Ill just inclued you in that, thank you again. someone snapped of a picture of all uf us while we had him surrounded in shields (you cant see him in it) ill have to take a look to see if youre in view in the pic.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 07-20-2009, 03:19 PM #15
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

has been a member for 10 years
PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Prettylou, I can't thank you enough for the help you gave the refs when Tuna hurt his ankle. You are a true gentleman. I'm the head ref that shook your hand after Tuna was cleared from the field. Again, if there's ever anything I can do for you, please call Skirmish and let me know... my name is Rich.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:25 PM #16
livewirex

I took the picture of our guys around him. ill have the pictures up once i upload them. its a great shot that shows how well we worked together.

Andrew Bird
Skirmish Field Judge/ ION Section 2 Rove Team
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM #17
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewirex View Post
I took the picture of our guys around him. ill have the pictures up once i upload them. its a great shot that shows how well we worked together.

Andrew Bird
Skirmish Field Judge/ ION Section 2 Rove Team
yo andrew:

boy that was fuun
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 PM #18
livewirex

thats insane i still think you should of had the full helmet when doing that for sure. cause mine saved me so many times.
And to jamie and the other guy wanting the picture of us around tuna here you go. i will be posting all of my pics in the main picture thread.

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/dscf3238.jpg/
Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 PM #19
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewirex View Post
thats insane i still think you should of had the full helmet when doing that for sure. cause mine saved me so many times.
And to jamie and the other guy wanting the picture of us around tuna here you go. i will be posting all of my pics in the main picture thread.

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/dscf3238.jpg/

theres pictures the skirmish photographer had taken as well, I didnt even know you had any.lol.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 PM #20
livewirex

yea i had alot. im uploading videos now that i took. especially the ego and pinokio run that me and jon seen on the first day.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM #21
prettylou
Por favor nene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Hey Prettylou, I can't thank you enough for the help you gave the refs when Tuna hurt his ankle. You are a true gentleman. I'm the head ref that shook your hand after Tuna was cleared from the field. Again, if there's ever anything I can do for you, please call Skirmish and let me know... my name is Rich.
Just glad I could help. Nothing I wouldn't do for the next guy. Just felt really bad for the big guy....he was in extreme pain. You guys did an amazing job as well with the shields protecting him. It could of got ugly real fast. Like I said in my first post, I see Skirmish in a new light after this weekend and thanks to you guys and the rest of the staff. I had a great time and will be sure to bring the rest of the Reservoir Dogs next time!