Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:48 PM #1
Rangersf
Hey Over Here!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Question getting a blazer

I going to buy a blazer pretty soon, and was wondering what upgrades everyone would suggest me getting right off the back? I already have a stablizer. Should I get a 45 frame. If so what type? Any other suggestions would be very helpful, also if you could put the cost of each upgrade, or the total cost of the gun with those upgrades it would help me out alot.
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2001, 10:46 PM #2
Volcov

Unless you want to send your gun to Ca. everytime you want another upgrade, you should save up and get everything you want right then and there.

Anyways, Blazers are awesome guns, get one! Here is what mine has:

- double trigger w/ .45 grip and Pro Touch Trigger Job
- Male stab. w/ MacDev guage
- Delrin bolt, sight ring
- 10" nickel plated, spiral ported Palmer barrel, 10" Lapco Bigshot, 10" Lapco Autospirit (all matched)
- .45 frame, trigger guard, male stab., Palmer barrel, sight ring, and gun highlights are all nickel plated

If you are tight on cash and want to get only performance, I highly recommend the double trigger w/ .45 grip and PTTJ and a stab. If you want to make your Blazer look really nice, get the barrel spiral ported/nickel plated, along with nickel highlights - it looks awesome.

If you have any q's just PM me.

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 11-05-2001, 10:49 PM #3
Zee
Electros Suck!

I am also thinking of getting a Blazer, so I sent an e-mail to Glenn Palmer about what he thought would be a 'good' Blazer to have...

He suggested:
bottom line ($36)
Anti-siphon tank ($55) or send him a tank for the mod
some sort of drop forward

I think I will get one like that, and then if I find I would prefer other work done send it in afterwards. Why put all the money in if you'll enjoy the Blazer as it is!?
Old 11-06-2001, 02:12 PM #4
Volcov

Yeah that's true, I haven't shot a stock Blazer, so right now I can't think about shooting anything but a double trigger with a PTTJ - it is that SWEET.

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 11-06-2001, 11:07 PM #5
Rangersf
Hey Over Here!!!

on palmer's website they have a benchmark frame for $95, it also says $65 installed on new gun. Does anyone know if you have to pay $95 for the frame and $65 to get it installed or is it just $65 to get it installed. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:14 AM #6
Specter

I have been emailing palmer a couple times and checking out the pog discussion. The Palmers owner group is great. The cost is just $65 for the single trigger 45 frame, and $85 for the benchmark double trigger 45 frame. Its probably less with the gun because he substitutes the benchmark frame for the original frame. Hope thats clear for ya.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:15 AM #7
Specter

I have been emailing palmer a couple times and checking out the pog discussion. The Palmers owner group is great. Its website is www.paintbagazine.com/pog/index.html The cost is just $65 for the single trigger 45 frame, and $85 for the benchmark double trigger 45 frame. Its probably less with the gun because he substitutes the benchmark frame for the original frame. Hope thats clear for ya.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:12 PM #8
Rangersf
Hey Over Here!!!

thanks for the info, it has really help, now all i need to do is sell my current gun, and i will be set. Thanks again
Old 11-23-2001, 01:22 AM #9
Riddler236

Riddler236 is a founding member
more...

I just bought a benchy frame from Palmers yesterday over the phone, so I'll give you all the pertinent info.

For just buying the frame, it costs $65. If you want the "guts" with it, the price goes up to $95. Nickel Plating is a $25 option. Plus shipping. Plus a 5% charge if you pay with a credit card.

I think they charge you for installation if you send your gun in. If you buy it new with your gun they install it for free.

As for what I ordered:
A single trigger benchmark with nickel plating and no guts - I have them from my stock frame. I also paid for shipping and a credit card charge. It came out to 102ish.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:20 PM #10
Zee
Electros Suck!

I'm buying a used one from someone and using Palmers as the broker.
I am having a stabilizer and a sight hood (sight ring) added to it before it's shipped.
$135 for both installed and tested.

WOW! You spent all that money and you still SUCK! :)