PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 PM #169
BES-Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeCHfinger View Post
i refuse to talk about any bad **** i saw cuz u guys would **** if u saw what i saw like i said before a few bad apples can destroy all our fun so my sugestion just forget about the bad stuff you all saw and remember all the good things you saw and did.
True I was there with you for some of it

-Waldo-

FOR SALE 1 OF 1 ACU DM4
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM #170
AHaydt

Quote:
i refuse to talk about any bad **** i saw cuz u guys would **** if u saw what i saw like i said before a few bad apples can destroy all our fun so my sugestion just forget about the bad stuff you all saw and remember all the good things you saw and did.
This is the best advice I've seen given. The good, imo, outweighed the bad. When you have so many people playing it is inevitable that rotten fruit is going to be amongst the good stuff. Some players just don't have honor. To me, some don't have sanity... they keep playing on after continuously getting hit (that **** hurts too much). I must admit though, as a ref having obvious presence I thought a lot more people would be "fairer" than I saw. The number was minimal in contrast, but there were definitely a few people I dealt with that had no shame, common sense, or player's honor. Some people also say the most stupid **** at the most inappropriate times. Its equivalent to going, "Hey popo, I have a kilo of rock in my spare tire well, let me pop the trunk for you!"

Mad props to all the good people out there, you were the overwhelming majority!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:40 PM #171
deadpooll
Loudmouth

Quote:
While I admit most of the weekend things went well and I didn't see any real bad stuff. A few idiot things but otherwise not all bad. Still I do want to mention one thing because it happened to one of your teamates.

Tyrell went out of the last boat on the left, Omaha. One point after I got shot out I was sitting taking a drink before I reinserted. Off the filed walks Drop yelling "There always has to be someone cheating". The upper left part of his chest was covered in blue paint. Man was he pissed. A ref asked if he told someone on the field and he said he did.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
Old 07-22-2009, 04:02 PM #172
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Blue paint was the TZB grenades wasn't it?

I can honestly say I only kept moving forward while getting hit once...On Sunday while on the Base D I saw my own Germans moving bunkers so I walked out into the field and got nailed at least 100 times easily and told them not to move bunkers, then helped the ref put it back. The players all apologized and said they didn't know. I then took another 50 or so on the walk back to the base. The guys said I looked like I got hit with a few grenades.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-22-2009, 04:31 PM #173
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

has been a member for 10 years
Matt got hit with paintballs, not a grenade. There was blue shell and blue paint breaks all over him. He was pretty pissed, but then on the beach tempers flare easily. The refs started doing lots of hopper checks on Omaha after that, so it was handled by Skirmish to the best of their ability.

I agree with Justin (Steechfinger) - everyone telling their horror stories doesn't lead anywhere. We've been down that road before. Play honorably, point out the bull**** to refs, and move on. ION is just too big for everything to be perfect.

Last edited by Silence : 07-22-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM #174
war_hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
Terrible self promo here

My favorite moment was when my team (Red Raiders) along with C4 and his two sons, stuck together and actually held Margon and Reness for 2-1/2 hours....
yeah .. our team did it right. We got good solid points for this.
Japanese Battalion Commander (Roger is the other one :-)) - West Point 2009
Allied - Foxtrot Company Commander ION 2009
Co-Capt/Co-Founder: Red Raiders Scenario Paintball Team
The Red Raiders are a proud member Team of the ERSA