Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 AM #43
njhusker
Inactive

Great field, great judges, great players, GOOD TIMES to be sure.

Did not see any cheaters personally. Stopped a couple of unknown guys (unknown to me but on our side) from wiping a hit and playing on on the beach. I think they said something like, "who's gonna know?" I said. "You'll know." At first they didn't get it and said so what.... I said look if you can feel good about yourself with no honor then this becomes a huge game of mercy. I mean who is gonna expect the other guy to go out if he knows he shot you and you are still playing. Again they said so what.... I pointed my Ego at them and said, "I'll know." I think the next response was something derogatory but they put their bags on and walked towards the boats. Hopefully they got the first message. I just hate it when people do not play by the rules. I mean think about it. This is supposed to simulate real battle, right? Well I am not speaking from experience but I bet you don't "play on" after a real bullet tears through your body....

Two more quick points..

If you have never experienced the beach invasion at this game (not some other lame attempt somewhere else), you are truly missing out on something special. Imagine 1650 guns pointed at three fairly concentrated but just our of range areas. The wall of paint that comes out of those trees at game on is spectacular. You could almost walk on it...

Second, the game is so big and so much is going on. Foxtrot Company was instructed to move to Margon and hold it for points. When we got there the 101st was there battling the Germans for control. We strolled up behind the flag guy and he says, "why you guys hangin back? Get up there and fight." I told him we had a different mission from command and were waiting for his guys to punch through.... it was amazing... And they did just that... cleared out the Germans and we locked down Margon and Reness for the next 2-1/2 hours. Oh and during that time Bravo company moved through our area. Stopping only briefly for some hand shakes and intel updates... it was like every war movie I have ever seen. So cool... And then you see one of your buddies and wish him well on his way to Paris to fight for the big points. We wanted to tag along but our mission was clear so we stayed. "Good luck boys!"

I DO LOVE THIS SPORT.

Thanks to all that supported me and my team... The Red Raiders will be back to this game again. And hopefully next year I can convince the entire ERSA to go and roll as a solid unit....

Roger... sorry we lost but you and Phil did an amazing job of keeping things together.... hats off my man.
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted

Last edited by njhusker : 07-20-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 AM #44
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by reigec View Post
allied general was killed, by the 200th
very nice and grats to the 200th
Old 07-20-2009, 08:21 AM #45
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
allied general was killed, by the 200th
When? After the game in the parking lot? lol

Roger.... did they really get to you?

So as not to damage Herc's ego, he meant to say, no one killed the General while in the base..
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM #46
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMan. View Post
Here's a short story for ya,
How about our HQ never got over run. Never got bombed. Our General never got killed. First Ever "0" complete hits = Perfect Base Security.

Thanks to all the players, spy's, role-players, refs, staff and our HQ Ref that made it fun for us.

Your American Base Security
Allies ION 2009 MVP
The HitMan
hey Herc, i was your base ref for the whole weekend. your security team did an amazing job at holding that HQ down. hope to see you all & Roger next year

Last edited by TheCarter : 07-20-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM #47
TheCarter
TEEBOW!

TheCarter is playing at Living Legends III
TheCarter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheCarter supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
When? After the game in the parking lot? lol

Roger.... did they really get to you?

So as not to damage Herc's ego, he meant to say, no one killed the General while in the base..
that is correct, Roger was not touched while he was stationed on field.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 AM #48
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i know he got killed, not exactly where tho. and the allies had GREAT security at their base, we got up there, one guy spotted us, started shooting, we sat there for a while to figure somethin out, we tried going out the back, BAM, there must of been 20 of em behind us, nice one. my hopper took a s**t on me on sunday, so i just went out and video'd

Last edited by reigec : 07-20-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 AM #49
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
i know he got killed, not exactly where tho, my hopper took a s**t on me on sunday, so i just went out and video'd
Check your sources.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:22 AM #50
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

has been a member for 10 years
mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
It was Sunday and we were helping the Germans defend Paris (Pentagon). I was out in the woods and saw some allies flanking to my left. I waited and watched. Moved up closer to them when I was sure I was ok, moved closer. I knew I was good when I could see the ref and some of the stopped near a tree.

I was able to find a path that got me further behind them, took it and made my way till I had to stop. The ref saw me and asked if I was lost (I am always lost!), I confirmed they were allied and moved up a bit, saw some other coming from my right, waited (should have waited a bit more!) and when I thought I was clear I opened up on them. They were very surprized if nothing else.

I know I hit a few of them. It was fun.

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player
Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 AM #51
njhusker
Inactive

Bravo Company came up my six and almost got me in a similar fashion. Thankfully I noticed their green hopper tape just in time and begged them to trust that I was also allied... I was prone, facing completely the opposite way while defending the outer perimeter of Reness. Had to slowly turn around and show my badge but holy mackerel there was a ton of those guys... whew... And then we watched them walk through on their way to Paris it was pretty cool.... they just kept coming....
Old 07-20-2009, 10:10 AM #52
officer J
"TAP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
Mmmm Yeah well the 3rd entity thing gives a wonderful ability to walk behind someone and shoot them, we don't get that luxury.

You guys got yours when you came back to our insertion; I made sure of that. And BTW, it ain't your house.

I found three flags and returned them to Pete one of them may be it Goose.
First,That was what we were paid to do. We knew from even before the game started that we had no chance of winning the money game b/c your command had already stated they were not going to give us a dime. Sort of takes some of the fun out of it. We were paid to achieve an objective and we achieved it.

Second, I don't know who started the rumor that we lit up Frenchie, but I will tell you that it was not factual. At no time did we hit Frenchie. During the ambush at the insertion point she was as St. Mere Eglise.

How do I know?....B/C we were sent there to flip the stick not even 10 minutes after the insertion point ambush. She told us that Pete wanted to make some deals and to head over to the German HQ. So we go over, find our unarmed liasons held at gunpoint, then as we are holding our markers in the air, announcing our intentions we get lit up.

We ain't mad, it happens. Even after the bum deal we got from you Krauts we still turned and along with team predator make the biggest push the Germans had all morning on Sunday at the beach.

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 AM #53
pbkilla4211
why work, play paintball

sat afternoon when the germans were making a hard push in the woods and on the beach. i found a bunker that was like a 90 degree angle that could cover me from both sides, but still i could shoot at both places. So i sat there shooting all my paint both ways until a tank came up in the woods and found out where i was. he just unloaded a ton at me but it gave the guys with the gernades to kill him. and when they did all the people behind him using it as cover, i just unloaded everything and saw them run. oh man did i have a laugh.

AKA Media
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM #54
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by officer J View Post
First,That was what we were paid to do. We knew from even before the game started that we had no chance of winning the money game b/c your command had already stated they were not going to give us a dime. Sort of takes some of the fun out of it. We were paid to achieve an objective and we achieved it.

Second, I don't know who started the rumor that we lit up Frenchie, but I will tell you that it was not factual. At no time did we hit Frenchie. During the ambush at the insertion point she was as St. Mere Eglise.

How do I know?....B/C we were sent there to flip the stick not even 10 minutes after the insertion point ambush. She told us that Pete wanted to make some deals and to head over to the German HQ. So we go over, find our unarmed liasons held at gunpoint, then as we are holding our markers in the air, announcing our intentions we get lit up.

We ain't mad, it happens. Even after the bum deal we got from you Krauts we still turned and along with team predator make the biggest push the Germans had all morning on Sunday at the beach.

Oh I know you didn't light up Frenchie, this is just what I heard over the cell from Pete that you guys did shoot her though. (I found out later you didn't)

But you did try for the flag, and didn't get it.

Plus your guns weren't in the air, they were by your feet. If they were in the air I would have just walked up behind you guys and not fired.

You live and you learn.
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM #55
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Oh I know you didn't light up Frenchie, this is just what I heard over the cell from Pete that you guys did shoot her though. (I found out later you didn't)

Plus your guns weren't in the air, they were by your feet. If they were in the air I would have just walked up behind you guys and not fired.

You live and you learn.
its true and alot of your guys gave us hell about putting your barrel socks on
Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 AM #56
Killer_Jezebel
Making Boys Cry Since 82

Killer_Jezebel supports Team VICIOUS
a few people had to be told a FEW times to use barrel socks.
At one point on Sunday I was standing over by our re-grouping area and someone even let off a 3 shot burst into the back of my leg....Couldnt play this year but still got the bruises and welts. =)
Just glad it was me and not my son who got shot bc it couldnt have been from more than 5 maybe 6 feet away.....
Barrel socks are important!
Maybe next year we should have a box of extras bc I did hear a lot of oh, I lost it or I dont know where it wents.

We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
Queen Victoria
Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 AM #57
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Jezebel View Post
a few people had to be told a FEW times to use barrel socks.
At one point on Sunday I was standing over by our re-grouping area and someone even let off a 3 shot burst into the back of my leg....Couldnt play this year but still got the bruises and welts. =)
Just glad it was me and not my son who got shot bc it couldnt have been from more than 5 maybe 6 feet away.....
Barrel socks are important!
Maybe next year we should have a box of extras bc I did hear a lot of oh, I lost it or I dont know where it wents.
i saw alot of broken 1s on the field and by alot im talking more then 25
Old 07-20-2009, 10:38 AM #58
Killer_Jezebel
Making Boys Cry Since 82

Killer_Jezebel supports Team VICIOUS
yeah, I def think maybe some barrel bags in a box at insertion points might be a good idea

I know I have one attached to my gun and atleast 1 spare on me at all times. Not counting the extras I have back in my bag

We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
Queen Victoria
Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM #59
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
Quote:
allied general was killed, saturday nite
Dont believe that info is correct.....I was part of the Allied Base defense. Some of you guys came close, but no cigar. We had the nerf footballs collected to prove it too....LOL!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM #60
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
idk, our leader said someone took em out late saturday nite, and our crew got REALLY close, but we got mowed down from behind, lol
Old 07-20-2009, 10:54 AM #61
samthemanfoo

samthemanfoo is playing at Living Legends III
samthemanfoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
samthemanfoo supports Team VICIOUS
samthemanfoo is for the Gunfight
trapper delivering pudding and wine to alpha.... now that cracked me up.
Luxe #2136, Dust Black/Polished Pewter
Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM #62
officer J
"TAP"

Quote:

You live and you learn.
I just wanted to clear that up. I ain't mad at ya. Just how it goes, sometimes you deal it, sometimes you take it. It was disappointing though that your command wouldnt even negotiate with us, (Krupp that is) So there was never an actual game between us and Tyrell. From what I was told it was decided before the game even started. One deal no matter the amount would have made it competitive during the game and thus more interesting for us.

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 AM #63
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
idk, our leader said someone took em out late saturday nite, and our crew got REALLY close, but we got mowed down from behind, lol
Doubtful. If your hearing info from two well respected and known players that Allied base defense held a perfect security system, I would take their words over your "leader."

Edit: Keep in mind that the Allied MVP shot the Field Manager and the Field Owner for not having the proper identification to enter the base. Do you think anyone else got through?