Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM #22
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXn Gibbs View Post
Yeah man, not trying to start anything but the allies wouldn't call themselves out 75% of the time I shot them... i mean i'm sure it was the same for the allies with us but I mean when I shoot you 25 times and you just cover your face roll into cover, get up walk, then make it look like you're leaving then jump back into action. It's bull****.

My suggestion for ION is that we have something to distinguish the teams besides the hopper tape and tags, I mean i was crawling through foot high mud with a few germans and we came up upon people and had to call out to see what they were and a few friendly fires. Maybe t shirts or headbands or something like that more visible. I'm just spitballing, but the best was def the last hour. We pushed from our insertion all the way to allied HQ. Thanks to the Red team, they pushed up from the middle. I was running out of paint, i was picking up some from the ground ( I had a rental ) Also... another thing those seize fire's were bull****. I mean a seize fire is fine, but handle them better, don't let anyone move up. The first one on saturday morning allowed the allies ot move up all the way to the tree line and shoot at us as we ran for cover.

1st Panzer anyone?
The factors to distinguish one team from the other has been debated before ION came and went. tape so far has been what the standard was and probably will be,to avoid a long debate Im not going to go into it..theres a year to decide if skirmish will look for another way or not. I can not speak for them on that matter.

as far as the shirts or headbands go I dont think either will work their way onto the fields (but again, i could be wrong) players either like wearing camos and dark cloathing or their jerseys..either way tshirts wouldnt work with their flash..although it may be highly efective,how many players out of 3500 really want to bother with that?....

the ceise fires were not called by refs,emts,skirmish so they were not enforced as far as making players stand still without advancing or shooting, it was a ploy to sucker one team by the other to comply.. much like using counterfit props players should use resonable discretion..

if its not every ref on the fields blowing whistles,waving arms above head signaling to stop shooting,yelling ceise fire,barrel plugs in and sounding air horns its not a real cease fire.

someone got dupped.
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 PM #23
eXn Gibbs
 
 
eXn Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
The factors to distinguish one team from the other has been debated before ION came and went. tape so far has been what the standard was and probably will be,to avoid a long debate Im not going to go into it..theres a year to decide if skirmish will look for another way or not. I can not speak for them on that matter.

as far as the shirts or headbands go I dont think either will work their way onto the fields (but again, i could be wrong) players either like wearing camos and dark cloathing or their jerseys..either way tshirts wouldnt work with their flash..although it may be highly efective,how many players out of 3500 really want to bother with that?....

the ceise fires were not called by refs,emts,skirmish so they were not enforced as far as making players stand still without advancing or shooting, it was a ploy to sucker one team by the other to comply.. much like using counterfit props players should use resonable discretion..

if its not every ref on the fields blowing whistles,waving arms above head signaling to stop shooting,yelling ceise fire,barrel plugs in and sounding air horns its not a real cease fire.

someone got dupped.

No no no, The refs ran up blowing whistles and we had our plugs on and then they told us to back up a little and before we knew it we heard a airhorn or whilstle without warning and got sprayed upon. I know there were "dup's" because i was chatting with a ref at night, he was telling me if i'm here talking to you during a "seize fire" it's not a ref sponsored seize fire so feel free to keep shooting. Yeah as for the distinguishing, maybe head bands or something less obvious.
eXn Gibbs is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:36 PM #24
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXn Gibbs View Post
Yeah man, not trying to start anything but the allies wouldn't call themselves out 75% of the time I shot them... i mean i'm sure it was the same for the allies with us but I mean when I shoot you 25 times and you just cover your face roll into cover, get up walk, then make it look like you're leaving then jump back into action. It's bull****.

I wonder what the percentage is for players who over shoot other players not calling themself out is?

yes, rules are if a player is hit more then three times BOTH the player who got shot AND the shooter are out..

(waiting for some form of comeback to either play down or justify shooting someone 25times)lol.
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 PM #25
eXn Gibbs
 
 
eXn Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Yeah man, lol, sucks when you're decent enough to call yourself out, then get up to get shot up in the back... What were you wearing, i was talking with alot of refs...
eXn Gibbs is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:45 PM #26
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXn Gibbs View Post
No no no, The refs ran up blowing whistles and we had our plugs on and then they told us to back up a little and before we knew it we heard a airhorn or whilstle without warning and got sprayed upon. I know there were "dup's" because i was chatting with a ref at night, he was telling me if i'm here talking to you during a "seize fire" it's not a ref sponsored seize fire so feel free to keep shooting. Yeah as for the distinguishing, maybe head bands or something less obvious.
None of that was mentioned previously but again as i stated previously if refs came running in it was to check to see what the situation was,

there were a few small fires easily put out caused by smoke grenades and dry conditions. so that could have been it and the refs were just clearing people away,

but unless im corrected by someone higher on the food chain then myself (and they are on the forum) Im sticking to someone getting dupped..

people would call cease fires to get everyone ready for a charge and airhorns were used to signal the charge..this was done by players for players. again, when airhorns were seen/heard/found they were taken to avoid any confusion that could possibly cause more serious conditions in the case of a real event needing a real cease fire.

there really is nothing more I can say about the issue other then,sorry???
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM #27
eXn Gibbs
 
 
eXn Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
lol well i got *****ed out by a ref to put my barrel plug on so it seemed legit.. whatever
eXn Gibbs is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 PM #28
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXn Gibbs View Post
Yeah man, lol, sucks when you're decent enough to call yourself out, then get up to get shot up in the back... What were you wearing, i was talking with alot of refs...

Black BDU pants,Thore motocross chest protector painted Black and white ,white proto mask with mirrored lens and decepticons insignia on the visor.

If I helped you out at some point great ,glad I could.. If I was doing my job and pissed ya off somehow chances are you more then earned it (not you specificly,generally speaking) lol.

Im steadfast in enforcing the rules I am given to enforce (for the safety of every player on the field) by the book but I am more then fair, no one I dealt with in anyway was dealt with more harshly then the last or next,things happen and we deal with em best we can.
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 PM #29
eXn Gibbs
 
 
eXn Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Yeah I def. was talking with you or saw you at one point. Tan Xfuel energy drink t shirt ( lol i got paid to wear a t shirt >.< he couldn't get me a jersey)
eXn Gibbs is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 10:01 PM #30
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXn Gibbs View Post
Yeah I def. was talking with you or saw you at one point. Tan Xfuel energy drink t shirt ( lol i got paid to wear a t shirt >.< he couldn't get me a jersey)

Im sorry I cant say I remember you.3500 players and every ref on the field dealt with great % of them in some form,either helping fill air,chrono,insertion,props ect ect.

with all said and done I hope you had a good time,if something did get mixed up or there was some confusion on any field im sorry to hear it and hopefully it wont turn you off to the idea of coming back for more games.
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 PM #31
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter
 
dstanley753's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: York,PA
dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
To the guys that ran with me under the German 5th Kommandos thank you for doing your best on our corner. Those that stayed and fought kudos, those that that had to leave to go get paint and air need to remember to come back to their assigned area next time, regardless if its the furthest point or someone tells you different. All in all you all did good.

And to the a-hole that stole my Company flag (5th Kommandos) I'd really like that back please. Just PM me (maybe you "found" it).
__________________
Reichsmarschall Goose (Ret.)
Mad Hatter, Dealer of Arms
ION '13- The BLACK FLAG WAVES...Trust us afterall we're NOT Tyrell!

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
dstanley753 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 11:37 PM #32
STeeCHfinger
Kickin Kick KIck
 
STeeCHfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: arizona
im not gonna say anything but 1 person wiping makes it look like 1000 people are wiping and i think this ion was the best in years as far as bull**** goes so good job everyone
__________________
http://www.steechfinger.net/STeeCHfinger Scenario Productions
wgp cocker pump, Half block custom pump ,Smart Parts Shocker ,jcs launcher, T8, WTF soft goods
Forefront is the way! the only way!
http://www.forefrontpb.com
STeeCHfinger is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 AM #33
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....
 
psy-kosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Funny Farm
Ask the leigionaires what happened to them at the insertion point.......... will make a great story
__________________
Team Zyklon B. We're better than you and we know it!

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
psy-kosis is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 AM #34
officer J
"TAP"
 
officer J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy-kosis View Post
Ask the leigionaires what happened to them at the insertion point.......... will make a great story
Not quite sure they would want to relive that horror psy-kosis. But it sure was alot of fun for us.
__________________
Kicking doors since 1994.

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
officer J is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 AM #35
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies
 
Grazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucks County PA (610)
Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Mmmm Yeah well the 3rd entity thing gives a wonderful ability to walk behind someone and shoot them, we don't get that luxury.

You guys got yours when you came back to our insertion; I made sure of that. And BTW, it ain't your house.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley753 View Post
To the guys that ran with me under the German 5th Kommandos thank you for doing your best on our corner. Those that stayed and fought kudos, those that that had to leave to go get paint and air need to remember to come back to their assigned area next time, regardless if its the furthest point or someone tells you different. All in all you all did good.

And to the a-hole that stole my Company flag (5th Kommandos) I'd really like that back please. Just PM me (maybe you "found" it).

I found three flags and returned them to Pete one of them may be it Goose.
__________________
Member of [ISH] & Team Yeti
ION 2010/2011/2012/2013 French XO/General
MVT: Moblonians PTW 44' ~ French ION 2008 ~ Sportsmanship Award-Stalingrad 10
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 AM #36
ozcardshop
made of trampoline
 
ozcardshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 570
Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
ozcardshop plays in the APPA beginner division
yea grazi shot the crap out of me and my guys as we were walking in my TZB was walking out

barrel plugs in and we got lit up lol

my ego wasnt even on lol
i understand though you had to avenge frenchie
ozcardshop is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 AM #37
Dr. Bedsprings
THIS IS MY JAM!
 
Dr. Bedsprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lawn Guy Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMan. View Post
Here's a short story for ya,
How about our HQ never got over run. Never got bombed. Our General never got killed. First Ever "0" complete hits = Perfect Base Security.

Thanks to all the players, spy's, role-players, refs, staff and our HQ Ref that made it fun for us.

Your American Base Security
Allies ION 2009 MVP
The HitMan
LMAO you scared the **** out of my C/O
"...Well i probably would have backed up 5 feet before i shot you"

Seriously Bravo


Here's a story for you,

Beach/ Treeline Sunday 12ish Germans have flipstick, Charlie company leads mass suicide charge at flipstick, i dove for cover as we started to get obliterated, threw a smoke then tried to go 10 feet for the flipstick.

Nevermind the pain, the force from the volume of paint hitting me i couldnt move forward.
__________________
Team Pneukuler
2010 ION 18th Division Most Valuable Team
Dr. Bedsprings is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 AM #38
deadpooll
Loudmouth
 
deadpooll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gasbagville
Sunday around 11 we headed in for a mission to secure a prop. While in the area where the prop was supposed to be we came about a contingent of Krupp guys. We ended up pushing them out to the point we ended up at their wharehouse. We had to no clue we were even near it until we came upon it.

Felt damn good.
__________________
Tyrell-Putting the WTF back in paintball
Close to Perfect, Not Quite Normal


Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
deadpooll is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM #39
wardoggy
 
 
wardoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gulph Mills, PA
Cease-fires

Well, I beg to differ as far as the cease-fire on the beach on Saturday morning is concerned. In the woods I absolutely saw and heard and ran along right beside several refs shouting plainly "Cease fire!!". I asked one of them coming back from the left side of the beach (German left) what it was, and he said "I dunno, somebody broke his leg or something...". It was without a doubt a ref-sanctioned cease-fire. And the Allies definitely used it to move up, because when the refs re-started play there were many Allies right at the bunkers at the tree-line, where there had been only Germans a few minutes before. For all the good it did them...
__________________
Hey! There's no crying in paintball!
wardoggy is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM #40
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies
 
Grazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucks County PA (610)
Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
yea grazi shot the crap out of me and my guys as we were walking in my TZB was walking out

barrel plugs in and we got lit up lol

my ego wasnt even on lol
i understand though you had to avenge frenchie
lol well it was for a flag issue in the back. Although Pete told me at the time that Frenchie and our guys with her got lit up by them. So we had to get rid of ZKB.

I was waving to you all to move and get down or something but you all just kept on walking. Sorry man!
__________________
Member of [ISH] & Team Yeti
ION 2010/2011/2012/2013 French XO/General
MVT: Moblonians PTW 44' ~ French ION 2008 ~ Sportsmanship Award-Stalingrad 10
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 AM #41
ozcardshop
made of trampoline
 
ozcardshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 570
Annual Supporting Member
ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
ozcardshop plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
lol well it was for a flag issue in the back. Although Pete told me at the time that Frenchie and our guys with her got lit up by them. So we had to get rid of ZKB.

I was waving to you all to move and get down or something but you all just kept on walking. Sorry man!
was hilarious i actually thought the allies were waiting at our insertion for us
then you stuck me and my guys on guard duty that was cool

then frenchie asked us to go take and hold Paris so we just owned the fields around it so we could get the back field pts and props
was a pretty sweet deal and you guys in the 13th legionnaries seemed to actually care and dish out some good orders
ozcardshop is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 08:17 AM #42
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser
 
reigec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allied general was killed, saturday nite
__________________
Stewartsville Vol. Fire Co.
In Memory of Lt. Matthew "Pickle" Klouser, R.I.P Brother, Never Forgotten.

Last edited by reigec : 07-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.
reigec is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump