Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2009, 01:14 AM #64
AHaydt

The best thing we get out of this event is hearing how much you guys loved us. Reffing is definitely a selfless job (not just anyone will actively be shot at) and I can speak for all of us that the positive rapport we build with the players is definitely what makes it worth it in the end. I'm glad everyone had fun!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 AM #65
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHaydt View Post
The best thing we get out of this event is hearing how much you guys loved us. Reffing is definitely a selfless job (not just anyone will actively be shot at) and I can speak for all of us that the positive rapport we build with the players is definitely what makes it worth it in the end. I'm glad everyone had fun!

One of the many reasons I love my job.. the players.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4388362
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 AM #66
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameonpntbll View Post
This was my first Ion , and even though I didn't get there until late Saturday night, more like Sunday morning(3am), I had a good time altogether. I would like to say hats off to the reffs. I think you guys did an awesome job, and I made sure to let the owner know it too. Keep up the good work !!

Oh and by the way for the German players on the beach in the final battle, I would like to thank the ones who were continuously moving forward. That was me out there in the Social Hazard t-shirt screaming my fool head off to try to encourage everyone to press on. I think we could have taken the beach a little sooner if everyone pressed a little harder. Also to the Americans during that battle, thanks for the extra welts. I was loving it when you guys were shooting at me versus the guys that were actually carrying guns, lol.

Great game to everyone !! I do actually hope to make it for the whole weekend next time. It was just a spur of the moment thing for us to take out and leave VA on Saturday to go check out ION at Skirmish. So once again thanks to Skirmish, and it's reffs, and I look forward to doing it again !!
you shoulda seen alot of yellowjerseys and blue jerseys then

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 AM #67
Dr. Bedsprings
THIS IS MY JAM!

omg psy-kosis and his freaking daisy dukes.... my eyes....
Oh yeah and did anyone else here anything about a batch of draxxus being like super thick shelled? I heard that from one of the refs actually, yea i never found the reball but the thing bounced off the back of my hand like rubber.

Last edited by Dr. Bedsprings : 07-20-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM #68
gameonpntbll

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy-kosis View Post
Indeed I did, a lot of you guys helped tremendously with the push, it was great playing with you guys. Sometimes I get a little frustrated in a situation like that, so I would like to add, anyone who thought I was overbearing, sorry. I did not see the reason for 20-30 guys hold off 50-60 on the field like they did for so long. So if I did get on anyone to hard, take it with a grain of salt. It was just me trying to make things happen on the beach. All in all everybody did a great job in the end.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 AM #69
AHaydt

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy-kosis View Post
You should have seen the smile you brought to my face... of course I stepped out of the boundary twine when I saw the lot of you roll in.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM #70
decz

Thanks to the guy dressed as Domo-kun (big brown square). During the last German beach push on Sunday I moved about 10yrds ahead of the German line on the right tape to advance... got situated for about 5 seconds before getting lit up repeatedly when suddenly I see a shadow over me and there is Domo giving me cover to get out of fire. haha Thanks man!

"Oh I like that Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat. " -eminemBNJA
Old 07-20-2009, 12:58 PM #71
CarlJohnson3
Flexin' 9's since '91

The refs were awesome overall. I only had one problem. I was chronoing my gun with Skirmish paint that was pink and white but didnt have writing on it. The ref told me it was illegal paint and told me I couldnt use it. I know for a fact that I bought it at skirmish and it was legal, but he insisted skirmish never sold it. He had no idea what he was talking about. So I just shot the rest of the hopper and went out with the rest of it in 2 pods on my back.
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM #72
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHaydt View Post
You should have seen the smile you brought to my face... of course I stepped out of the boundary twine when I saw the lot of you roll in.
your a smart man
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM #73
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJohnson3 View Post
The refs were awesome overall. I only had one problem. I was chronoing my gun with Skirmish paint that was pink and white but didnt have writing on it. The ref told me it was illegal paint and told me I couldnt use it. I know for a fact that I bought it at skirmish and it was legal, but he insisted skirmish never sold it. He had no idea what he was talking about. So I just shot the rest of the hopper and went out with the rest of it in 2 pods on my back.
i too saw this paint it had skirmish.com stamped on the white side of the shell but only in one spot and the writing was almost to small to read
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM #74
CptRiot

On behalf of the Riot Sqaud I would like to thank all the players and judges this year to make it a great game for us to make our debut at we had a blast and will comming to alot more games. Hope to see you all again for Battle for Britain!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM #75
gumpdan

I want to thank the ref's, Skirmish, players and all the new friends that I made.

Hands down, the best event I have been to!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM #76
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

has been a member for 10 years
PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Someone has a cell phone photo of me getting shot in my nuts during the Sunday beach battle. Why do I get the feeling I will make it on youtube... again!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 PM #77
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJohnson3 View Post
ION last year sold pink and white without writing I brought it to BOB and finished it. it was diablo brand I believe. But yes for 2008 you got it with or without skirmish on it. the ref was wrong. he probably didn't mean to be wrong but he was.

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 PM #78
paintballer776
Gorilla Warfare

has been a member for 10 years
when i went to stalingrad i was blown away how things had changed and was was looking forward to i.o.n. i was not disapointed. it was an awsome game and a great job by the skirmish staff. thanks everyone for a great time and look forward to the next game at skirmish.
--04 impulse,elia paintball machinced body,WAS eq board, max-flo vert reg,rip valve,wht eq bolt,nd valve asbly, lpr kit w/tapeworm,HSW v3 i-frame,freak barrel,sp q- low rise ,dead on short drop,68/4500 hpa, z-board egg2
--x7,e-grip,flatline,tele stock
--a5,internel polish,dbl trig e-grip,flatline,jcs folding stk
-- tpx pistol
--warsensor wsp g2+,qik cap,lsr site,tact mod delrin bolt)
--wgp trilogy pro w/sf frame,dead on short drop,ccm feedneck
--tiberius arms sa8
Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM #79
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Someone has a cell phone photo of me getting shot in my nuts during the Sunday beach battle. Why do I get the feeling I will make it on youtube... again!
I can not wait to see that

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 07-20-2009, 06:43 PM #80
Xtrainer

Xtrainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am going to try to make next years event.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 PM #81
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrainer View Post
I am going to try to make next years event.

there is also Battle for Brtian in Oct. give ya a small head start on the action.From what Im told thats another fun game.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 AM #82
zinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
On the good ref note.
when we did "surprise" hopper checks it wasnt a surprise. we walked up,asked the player to pop the hopper THEMSELF, same went for the pods.. we didnt pull em ourself,and if it was dureing a firefight a sheild would go up in front of them to keep them from getting lit up.not gonna put a player at risk just to check paint, this also acted as a signal to players shooting at them something was going on.we wouldnt let people hid behind them if we were not putting them at a disatvantage,they are getting checked to enforce rules and cant shoot for a minute im not going to let them get shot,they are not advancing or gaining anything out of it.

as for the bad note refs, well..
jesus, I cant say what he was or wasnt wearing as I didnt personally see him on the field. but as far as him saying any of that to a player to me is pretty far fetched. the guy wont even say stuff like that to us when just joking around.(pacifist hippies are kinda funny that way) but who knows.

i noticed the original post was edited, kinda curious as to the rest of it as it didnt show it all,
i guess it wasnt interesting/entertaining enough without the spin..

(tired and bustin balls )
I tell you one: I had a ref run up behind me and investigate my pods without saying a word to me, stopping me from shooting, or properly securing my paint. I had to ask him what he was doing with my gear before I found out he was checking paint. This was around 12:40 Sunday, and they were checking everyone's paint in the area on rumor that someone was using non-field paint.

Second: Jesus ref needs to take a chill pill. I don't know how this guy usually behaves, but he threw a monster tantrum just because someone shot at him. I can't complain enough about the guy. He has no business being a ref if he can't take a couple of shots his way when he's playing without a ref jersey. If you find it far fetched, then he must have been acting out of character, but no amount of "Look buddy we're sorry you got shot at, but nobody knew you were a ref." would make this guy back down.

He even screamed at our photographer who offered to let him wear her orange saftey vest.

Last, the original edit was for spelling. I'd love to have another talk with monster ref now that things are cooled down, because I can't believe that someone who acted so explosively over a rediculous issue could get along in normal society without some seriously amusing issues.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM #83
njhusker
Inactive

For the most part the refs were excellent in my opinion. In fact there was only one issue that got out of hand but was quickly smoothed over. One ref (not going to say who) flipped out at being shot at. Was not wearing a ref shirt either. Now in his defense his hands were in the air but at that distance, there had been at least one player behind the tree he was standing next to. It is all about perspectives and angles. I am sure the ref was standing well out in the open but from the side it looked like he was hiding behind the tree so he took a few rounds before he came running up screaming at people. Well as I said, it was smoothed over by other refs talking with him and me apologizing... bottom line I had a good time. Sorry to hear stories to the contrary... It is tough to run a game. Having been involved in the production of NJ-Nam 08 I can tell you I do not enjoy all the effort it takes...
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 AM #84
Jeepers Creepers
Previously Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Guys On behalf of the Refs this weekend ( think its fair to say all the refs)

THANK YOU ALL.
You all played an awesome game.
You all carried yourselves very well .
I feel at least 90-95 percent of the players on both teams played beyond fair.

I didn't see many players continue playing after being shot, i seen alot of players calling them self out or running to a ref after being hit to ask if a shot broke.

alot of players returned lost and found items most would have just kept for them self. I was truly happy with this past weekend.

with the few small problems or issues there may have been I would say all in all this past weekend kicked some major @$$ and I was kinda sad to see it end.

Again, to all the players on PBN who came out to play this weekend THANK YOU. you made my first I.O.N working at skirmish a great one. I cant wait to Ref you guys again.
YOU REFS WHERE SO COOL THIS YEAR! NEVER ONCE DID A REF EVEN QUESTION ME USEING 2 GUNS! YOU REFS WHERE KICK ***! One even came up and talked to me for a bit kept on saying hes never seen anyone play like me It was really funny

Heres a video of me, Its really good! If you seen me play its a MUST WATCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKc82SBc83Q
Gosh oh, gee oh....how'd they get that size
Golly gee...When you turn them heaters on
Woe is me...got to put my cheaters on
Jeepers, creepers....where'd ya get them peepers
Oh, those weepers....how they hypnotize"