PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM #1
biffmann

biffmann is attending Decay of Nations VI
OG Eclipse Splash Project

Hello all,

So this is going to be my first project gun. I really enjoy old school guns especially with splash anno so I've been hunting for one for a while yet could never find anything I really liked that was in my price range.

So I found this on ebay and managed to pick it up for $160. Seemed like a pretty good deal considering a similar mag without the splash parts will sell for $100-$120 and it even came with a Revy!

Mags are pretty simple so I figured it would be good first project gun.

I plan on adding a Xvalve and ULE body so I can use all the cocker barrels I already have.

What I really want to do though is come up with some sort of gas through grip design. I hate the super annoy, clumsy way most people run air to their valve. IDK why, I just find it really annoying and uncomfortable to have a gas line running across my hand and up the back of the marker.

I have seen a few gas through grip mags around, but does anyone know of a how to guide or attempted a similar mod and can offer me some advice.

Thanks for looking.

Drexel Paintball #98
biffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM #2
demented pumper
AKA Superman

Please don't mod that grip if you don't like it and would like to trade for a stock rail with vert Asa let me know. Also shoot me a pm if your looking for mag parts.

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM #3
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
well your gonna have a near impossible task of making a gas thru intelli. If you get a bigger grip with more room or if you simply mess around and make a more clever way to run the macro. and Demented pumper (above poster) must have a personal stash of mag parts because whenever I ask he seems to have exactly what I need. And it would be a shame if you messed up that splash rail. If you really want then you should buy a different rail to try it out on. One that is not unique or special.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM #4
biffmann

Gentlemen, Fear not! I would never mod either that frame of the eclipse splashed parts. Perhaps I should have been a little more specific.

I am thinking of doing something like this:

I saw this go on ebay a lil while back. I intended to pick up an old stock plastic frame to try it out on.

Demented pumper do you have one of those laying around?

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 02-15-2013, 10:42 PM #5
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pm him. And I am not sure how common plastic frames were. I did not know they even existed for mags until I saw Goatboys plastic mag build not to long ago where his whole mag (minus valve, and ASA of course) was made out of plastic. I think they were made by VL a while back. Thank you for rewording the question. I thought you meant like a macro-less mag. Yea you probably wont have a any trouble at all with that build. You can probably do that just make sure it will never get in the way of the sear and where it may move. I bet this would be a piece of cake for someone like Luke. I dont know to many who have tried that but that is definitely an easy DIY.

I have never owned an Intelli but I think if you ever got anything wrong when doing this it would be a cheap fix. You would most likely only go through the grip panels with the custom work.

Last edited by Freedy500 : 02-15-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 AM #6
C_losjoker

there are actually a few mag out, where the on/off asa was drilled for a sleeper, macro fitting and hose go through the bottom of the frame, up through the rail and into the valve where it was drilled for second inlet. you dont see any hose from the outside. I do believe Luke was involved in a couple of them, others did their own work.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 AM #7
Cokrkilr

I was also going to suggest what c los said... the good part about the intelli is there is already a milled pocket in the bottom with a hole for wiring. you can drill out the hole in the bottom of the grip to accept a microline quite easily (only one drill bit size up from the current hole) then you could do one of two things, run micro to the reg with a second tapped hole, or run it through the grip as posted.... and it would be less noticable as micro... I do not think the bottom pocket would support drilling for a macro line without interfering with the grip frame screw holes.... you could cut the screws down if you had to though. keep us posted...

Also, the only way to make that grip a gas thru would be drilling it out, making a custom dual o-ring slug with set screws to keep it from flying to the floor when you air it up... then tapping the side about 1/3 of the way in the grip (under the waves at the top).... then youd be grabbing a grip with a fitting right in the middle of it, I hate my cocker reg because the fitting and the gauge are dead smack in the middle of it, its annoying as hell to grab and have all that stuff in the way
Cokrkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM #8
Nostalgia.Paintball
DooDoo Brown OG

Is that the electric sky splash biffmann? Very classy project.
Nostalgia.Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 PM #9
biffmann

Yes, I believe that anno pattern is called electric sky or something similar to that.

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM #10
demented pumper
AKA Superman

anno is called speedy blue.

AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 PM #11
biffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented pumper View Post
anno is called speedy blue.
Thanks for setting us strait.

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM #12
demented pumper
AKA Superman

no problem here is my electric skies

AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 PM #13
biffmann

That is super nice. Thats pretty much the look I am going for as well. Using the black parts to really make the splash anno "pop" out at you. Just want to do the gas through grip frame and keep the sight rail somehow.

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM #14
biffmann

Just ordered a black Emag body and an XValve. I'll post updated pics when they arrive and I get everything put together.

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM #15
ProjectPb
ProjectPb.com

ProjectPb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ProjectPb supports DLX Technology
Please don't cut that double trigger down into a single. Someone did that to one of my Electric skies

We proudly offer: Ninja, DLX, GoG, Virtue, Bob Long, Exalt, Dangerous Powers, HK, Contract Killer, and more
ProjectPb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM #16
biffmann

people... people... people... please calm down. no cutting of any splash parts will occur lol...

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 PM #17
biffmann

So this is where I'm currently at:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've added an xvalve, a black emag body, and any old school plastic frame with eclipse pops on/off. The macroline setup doesn't seem to bother me as much as I though it would. I haven't played with it yet, but its relatively comfy.

I still need to get some good twist lock barrels or perhaps doc's cocker thread adapter so I can use all my cocker barrels on it.

However, now I have two issues.

First the sight rail still doesn't seem to want to go on the body. I am afraid to force it on because I don't want to scratch the body up. I tried to use electrical tape, but that didn't work.

Second, the gun doesn't fire. I think the cause is that the sear pin doesn't go back far enough when the trigger is pulled to release the bolt. However, I am not sure about this because I only have limited knowledge of mags. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM #18
demented pumper
AKA Superman

air it up and see where the pin sits. should have a about a credit card thick gap between the trigger and when the trigger is fully forward. also make sure that you have your rail bushing its a little brass ring that sits in the rail where the field strip screw is.

if you need help shoot me a pm

AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM #19
biffmann

There is a small gap between the trigger and the pin. However, its only about half of what you are suggesting.

Do I just screw the pin in a bit? Is there a way to do this without taking it all the way apart each time?

Drexel Paintball #98
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 PM #20
demented pumper
AKA Superman

yes just screw it in and no there is not. its a pain to do but has to be right if not it will not allow the valve to reset.

AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM #21
bolt-action
pump action menace

The tolerances on mags are super tight. If your grip frame screws are too tight it will cause problems. If your (im guessing) newly purchased x-valve is'nt tuned right, it'll cause problems as well.

Was it working with the other valve?
bolt-action is offline   Reply With Quote