Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM #1
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
DO NOT send to Gruntbull. They treat their customers like crap

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fOa-ucXEA

I sent my gun to gruntbull it took over twice as long as they said it would, the gun came back looking NOTHING like what I paid for it to look like. And when I tell him nicley that I was not happy with it he tells me that he will redo it but make me wait the same long *** time. Then I explain that it was HIS problem that he ruined my anno and wasted MY time and MY money that HE should get my anno done in a more conveinient timespan than the last time and he basicly laughs in my face. So let this be a warningto all of you, gruntbull will just do your order without caring if your happy about it. And if you have a problem they will do nothing to try to make it right..

I ask for a black and blue acid wash like this

and this is what I get.

Last edited by tipp98chopshop : 05-18-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM #2
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

He had the gun for over almost 2 months and I would email him once at the end of each week asking for a progress check, he told me EVERY time, "sorry we will probobly get to it next week" and this happend for at least 3 weeks. when I email him about not being happy all he says is "send it back and well redo the anno but youll have to wait the same ammount of time." I think he has to be kidding me. almost 2 months and he expects to make me wait another 2 months and he may screw that one up too. then when I explain that he owes me to finish it quicker after wasting my time all he says is " if feel my offer is more than equitable.". making me wait another month or 2 after waiting almost 2 is not EQUITABLE. He should be redoing the job in a fast time period AND giving me my money back for being such a sarcastic prick to his paying customers

SO think twice before you just throw your money away sending your stuff to Gruntbull they dont give 2 ****s about your gun or your expectations.

Last edited by tipp98chopshop : 07-17-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM #3
slayer0704
(\ /)

slayer0704 donated to help Peyton Trent
slayer0704 helped look for balloons
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends III
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends V
yea....They should most def fix that. It looks almost like a purple? you cant see the acid wash at all
Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM #4
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
R-M-I posts videos on PbNation
Thumbs up

Yeah...treating customers like that is an AWESOME way to lose customers real freaking fast Keep it up GBA...And your previously good rep will go down the toilet.. *applause*

Hugs&kisses and stuff
R-M-I

04 JMJ Factory Viking | 03 UL FSP Viking | MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6 |Freeflow MQ project cocker

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:00 PM #5
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Them just fixing it isnt the problem. I want them to fix it and actually not make me wait 2 months like this first time. And all the time Teds being a complete *** about it.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM #6
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

just an update, because I told people the truth about what teds doing he is now going to leave me with a ****ty anno job and 120$ less in my pocket. remember me getting ripped off when you think about sending to GBA
Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 PM #7
Spike 117

Annual Supporting Member
Spike 117 donated to help Peyton Trent
Spike 117 is an NCPA player
Spike 117 supports Pev's Paintball
Spike 117 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
that is a terrible picture with terrible lighting. I will say that gb should not take more work than it should handle which is what it sounds like.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 PM #8
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

sorry bro but that is exactl what it looks like, its actually even harder to see the blue in person, seeing that im holding it now. With directly sunlight the glare was so bad from the polish you coudlnt see anything. either way GBA is a terrible company weather you wnat to beleive me or not. If you look around I am not the only person unhappy with them right now

Heres another picture if you want to see the whole thing. you cant even see the blue without comparing it to solid black peices

Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM #9
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

They most likely wont, but knowing that I am helping people out from possibly being ripped off by him is satisfying enough.

and PS, that gun makes me happy in the pants. very nice!

and btw he looks really awsome, sounds like he really cares about your gun unlike GBA.

Last edited by tipp98chopshop : 07-18-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 AM #10
SteelBush

Do you have any good pics of your marker? Because the pics you posted are dark/out of focus.
Mistakes happen. We all are human. I would call and WORK with gruntbull to correct the issues. Not post in every thread on pbnation stating they do not care about there customers.

I have used gruntbull on three different markers and with no problems. There turn-around time is slower than most companies, but there quality *normally* is great.

Last edited by SteelBush : 07-18-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 AM #11
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
theannosmith does great job at a great price

That is the key to life."
Old 07-18-2009, 11:45 AM #12
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBush View Post
Do you have any good pics of your marker? Because the pics you posted are dark/out of focus.
Mistakes happen. We all are human. I would call and WORK with gruntbull to correct the issues. Not post in every thread on pbnation stating they do not care about there customers.

I have used gruntbull on three different markers and with no problems. There turn-around time is slower than most companies, but there quality *normally* is great.
Mistakes do happen, but you dont ship out a gun thats obviously not up to your shops standard. and you dont make a customer who you've troubled wait twice as long to get a job that should have been done RIGHT the first time.I worked at a paintball shop for a while, and if we messed up on fixing somones gun, if they came back and asked us to make up for our mistake we would fix the gun on the spot if possible, and if not make it a TOP priority to finish their gun even if our list of guns to fix was filled 2 times over. Also I feel its my right to try to save people from going to him if the same ****s gunna happen to them. At this point thats all I am in this for, more than getting my measly 120$ back or my gun reannoed by him (which I would never let him even lay a finger on any of my guns anymore at this point)

Last edited by tipp98chopshop : 07-18-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:44 PM #13
Ruler_Mark
Huzzah

has been a member for 10 years
Ruler_Mark donated to help Peyton Trent
Sucks to hear this, but I have to say I TOLD YOU SO. In the ecot about their recent mess ups ie warwitchs viking and bunny5s virgin euro xmag. Time to add this thread to my list of limks I reply with to people considering gb. Sucks man, oh wellz atleast it seals. It does seal correct?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:23 PM #14
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark View Post
Sucks to hear this, but I have to say I TOLD YOU SO. In the ecot about their recent mess ups ie warwitchs viking and bunny5s virgin euro xmag. Time to add this thread to my list of limks I reply with to people considering gb. Sucks man, oh wellz atleast it seals. It does seal correct?
eh Idk I have yet to air it up. Its getting shipped out to get reannoed by a real company this time, worst comes to worst Ill use some doww 55 and teflon tape/loctite.

EDIT just checked it. its holding air just fine.

Last edited by tipp98chopshop : 07-18-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:20 PM #15
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry this happened. I contacted them numerous times for a quote on my timmy and they never got back to me. They need to learn a customer is what keeps them going as a business or they'll never make it.

EGO 11 NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...061&highlight=
Old 07-18-2009, 11:00 PM #16
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwarrior1246 View Post
Sorry this happened. I contacted them numerous times for a quote on my timmy and they never got back to me. They need to learn a customer is what keeps them going as a business or they'll never make it.
Yep they are really a terrible company and even their annodizing jobs are losing quality as well... soon they will fade into dust like all the companies like them in the past. I hope that loser is reading this thread.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 AM #17
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp98chopshop View Post
I sent my gun to gruntbull it took over twice as long as they said it would, the gun came back looking NOTHING like what I paid for it to look like. And when I tell him nicley that I was not happy with it he tells me that he will redo it but make me wait the same long *** time. Then I explain that it was HIS problem that he ruined my anno and wasted MY time and MY money that HE should get my anno done in a more conveinient timespan than the last time and he basicly laughs in my face. So let this be a warningto all of you, gruntbull will just do your order without caring if your happy about it. And if you have a problem they will do nothing to try to make it right..
I've got the same prbblem with CS Paintball! I sent them my Vanguard to have annod, and it came back destroyed like a toddler had done it. They said I couldn't get my money back for a shotty job and wouldn't redo the whole thing, only the feedneck.......if I ordered a new one. Pictures to show what they did...

Destroyed feedneck

Fingerprint in anno

Eye cover now doesn't fit

Same "feathered" anno eye cover

Ram cap - all flaking off on the inside

Also, the eyes were not working when I got the gun back.

On a separate issue not caused by the annodizor, the gun had a huge leak it in. I got ahold of Vanguard techs through Skype using video calling. I showed them the problems and they told me that I had actually recieved a protoype gun! The board hadn't even been set to have a serial number yet. On there end, they have phenomenal CS. They are express shipping me a brand new gun, and I get free upgraded parts from them whenever they develop them! This is the way to take care of your customers!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM #18
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Yeah I've heard good and bad about Gruntbull I personally will not have any of my guns anodized by them and I have two guns that need to be anodized.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 PM #19
LTHG
www.anodizeworld.com

Amossbur:

Im NOT defending CS Paintball at all, but.....from experiences, Vanguards are a ***** to anodize and have good looking results.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:36 PM #20
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Yeah just dont send to GBA, they will take your gun, ruin it and then expect you to still pay for it.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:42 PM #21
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHG View Post
Amossbur:

Im NOT defending CS Paintball at all, but.....from experiences, Vanguards are a ***** to anodize and have good looking results.
I definitely hear you on that. I know that the frame and the body are 2 different types of metal finishes so the colors don't come out the same. My knowledge isn't that great on annodizing, but still with all the chipping away that has happened and the wrecked feedneck is bad enough.

Thanks for the insight.