Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM #22
wrjones311

I think I would rather have no cheese than one with Kraft singles...

Waiting for my charcoal to heat up now... put fresh garlic, onions, cracked pepper, pther pepper with smoke flavor, powdered garlic, cayenne, and rosemary in them... should be tasty... using white vermont cheddar which is rare here on the west coast, its usually the yellow kind which I'm not used to, being from new england.
wrjones311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM #23
pulverizerlinus

Ya, Kraft singles are disgusting. I don't want those on my burgers.
pulverizerlinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 PM #24
Absolutt (Banned)
Better than you.

there is a 4 page thread only a few pages back
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 AM #25
metallicafan9182
Speed3

has been a member for 10 years
Light seasoning + good meat + good pepperjack + sourdough bun = good burger.*

*can add mayo, bacon, and katchup for taste.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM #26
wrjones311

They were delicious, I woke up to one I didn't eat (since i had almost a pound to use up I made three burgers for one person...) still sitting on the plate, was tempting to eat it even though it sat out so long lol...

Also is sirloin (ground) good for burgers? Everyone is saying chuck is best, but isn't sirloin a better cut when it comes to steaks? Could be mistaken. But if so, wouldn't that make for better burgers too?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 PM #27
WGPo4'
OU? ONO!

WGPo4' owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WGPo4' is an NCPA player
WGPo4' is an NCPA National Champion
WGPo4' plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrjones311 View Post
They were delicious, I woke up to one I didn't eat (since i had almost a pound to use up I made three burgers for one person...) still sitting on the plate, was tempting to eat it even though it sat out so long lol...

Also is sirloin (ground) good for burgers? Everyone is saying chuck is best, but isn't sirloin a better cut when it comes to steaks? Could be mistaken. But if so, wouldn't that make for better burgers too?
Technically it's a better meat, but it has less "flavor" for grilling due to the decreased percentage of fat over than let's say 85% lean.

i always use 85% lean cuz it's got the best flavor to fat loss/burger shrinkage ratio.

Bad Blood
so i heard you're a virgin?
WGPo4' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:25 PM #28
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverizerlinus View Post
Frosted Mini Wheats?! Are you serious? If you are, how good is it?
Serious like a heart attack. And you'd be surprised how well it works. When the burgers are finished, you won't even taste the cereal, just like you won't taste bread crumbs if you use them as a binder. What you will taste, is this hint of sweetness in the background. Not overpowering at all, if you don't use too much.

I've learned a lot of neat little tricks like this over the years. When you're feeding a family of four on a family of one budget, you learn to use what's in the pantry, and it just happens that sometimes you find something that actually tastes good.

Last edited by J. Thompson #5150 : 07-25-2009 at 05:28 PM.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:14 PM #29
emotive789

just made a "greek" burger.

take 2 thin patties and stuff with chopped olives, crumbled feta cheese, and caramelized shallots and garlic. sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper and throw on the grill until medium. put on toasted wheat buns and top the burger with a piece of lettuce, sliced tomato, and a dollop of tzatziki sauce.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 AM #30
Narizo

Narizo is attending Decay of Nations VI
I tried some new cheese the other day as recommended by the deli guy, I hadn't heard of it, but I'm glad I found it, its called Havarti... generally found as creamy havarti it would seem. I put some on a few different burgers and it fit really well! I would recommend giving it a go!
Narizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 AM #31
slayer0704
(\ /)

slayer0704 donated to help Peyton Trent
slayer0704 helped look for balloons
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends III
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends V
Tip #1 Charcoal>Propane

Tip #2 DONT USE ****ING EGGS AND BREADCRUMBS.....THATS FOR MEATLOAF!!!!

Tip #3 I like flavoring the meat more than adding toppings like emotive. I feel it tastes better when the flavors meld together than when they are just stacked on top of each other.

I have problems getting ground beef with a really good flavor. This is another reason I usually do not make burgers like emotive.

I usually add some finely diced onions, a tiny bit of wors. sauce (abbreviated because I cant spell it) and whatever spices you prefer.

I also enjoy making a BBQ burger every once and a while....Just by adding BBQ sauce to the ground beef.

If you have good ground beef available, by all means just cook it all by itself, season it with salt/pepper and serve on a toasted bun with a small amount of mayo and some lettuce if you want.

My take on burgers
slayer0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 AM #32
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyTheKid View Post
-minced onion
-garlic powder
-seasoning salt
-chopped vidalia onion
-1 egg
-some ketchup
-some mustard

win
fixed.

Seriously though, it might sound gross, but it is absolutely delicious.

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM #33
pulverizerlinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Thompson #5150 View Post
Serious like a heart attack. And you'd be surprised how well it works. When the burgers are finished, you won't even taste the cereal, just like you won't taste bread crumbs if you use them as a binder. What you will taste, is this hint of sweetness in the background. Not overpowering at all, if you don't use too much.

I've learned a lot of neat little tricks like this over the years. When you're feeding a family of four on a family of one budget, you learn to use what's in the pantry, and it just happens that sometimes you find something that actually tastes good.
Oh, you meant as a binder for the meat. I thought you meant just adding them as a topping, like my friend does with nacho cheese doritoes for his chicken sandwiches.
pulverizerlinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM #34
123paintball_dude

If you really want to make a mean burger, buy decent cuts of beef, and grind them yourself. It will make a difference. Don't pack them down way too much or it'll become too dense, dont make them too thin, or too thick, and press down on the middle, because as it cooks it contracts in and the middle bulges up, so by adding a dip in the middle, it'll keep it in a puck like shape. Add in an egg, and not too much breadcrumbs, or you'll ruin it, like people do with Crab cakes by using too much breadcrumbs. Top it with some decent cheddar cheese, on a good quality bun of some sort, toasted, add carmelized onions, mayo, ketchup, and mustard. Ta dah. To me thats a burger. You can also use beef, pork, lamb, or any combination of those.

Now if you wanted to make one with a lot of other ingredients, bacon, teriaky sauce, bleu cheese, etc. just buy preground stuff, because it'd be a waste to grind your own and cover the taste with condiments/ingredients.
123paintball_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM #35
BobaTheFett (Banned)
I like Selena Gomez

my go to speciality burger is a miso burger i loosely based it off a burger i had in japan at freshness burger.

Ground beef
Red miso paste
green onion
soy sauce

im not going to write out measurements and **** just go with your heart if you really want to make it

form pattys and grill
put on onion buns with Kewpie( japanese mayo) and finely chopped napa cabbage tastes amazing

sometimes i finely dice some ****ake mushrooms and make a indent in the patty fill with mushrooms and cover with ground beef and pat down back into a patty. gets delicious mushrooms in your burger without them being sloppy on top
BobaTheFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 PM #36
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

In my experience, this burger seems to grab my taste buds:

-Ground beef
-Egg
-Ranch Dressing Pack
-Minced onion
-Garlic powder
-Pepper
-Onion powder
-Some salt
-Chipotle chili powder or marinade
-horchestire....whatever that steak stuff is or BBQ sauce
-Finely crunched bread crumbs or crushed crackers
-Shredded Cheese; all american, swiss, blue cheese or Parmesan

You'll have a million flavors in just one burger, zesty, kick, mouth watering "near" perfection. It'll be plenty moist and sure to please the guests. The ingredients can be improvised and added accordingly =] Add whatever toppings you want on top and enjoy. Cheers

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 08-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 PM #37
fatalblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
In my experience, this burger seems to grab my taste buds:

-Ground beef
-Egg
-Ranch Dressing Pack
-Minced onion
-Garlic powder
-Pepper
-Onion powder
-Some salt
-Chipotle chili powder or marinade
-horchestire....whatever that steak stuff is or BBQ sauce
-Finely crunched bread crumbs or crushed crackers
-Shredded Cheese; all american, swiss, blue cheese or Parmesan

You'll have a million flavors in just one burger, zesty, kick, mouth watering "near" perfection. It'll be plenty moist and sure to please the guests. The ingredients can be improvised and added accordingly =] Add whatever toppings you want on top and enjoy. Cheers

-Jarred
da **** is this!
fatalblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:56 PM #38
c&blver (Banned)

i only like fast food ones. there bangin
c&blver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 AM #39
undirected (Banned)

The only proper way to cook a good burger is to take fresh high-fat beef or veal cuts and grind them at home, season liberally but not excessively but no egg, sauces of any sort, etc., and sear them in a really hot cast iron skillet. I like mine medium, you can eat these practically raw if you grind the meat yourself and get it from a good source.
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM #40
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
Fresh Cow Meat is key... Like stuff that was killed right at the farm and hand delivered to you 5 days later after they freeze it. Is best. Add little seasoning when on grill. Some good cheese and you set.

If anyone every get the chance to buy a cow(when they kill it) DO IT. Some the best meat every so fresh.
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅Monster Ninja SLP tank sale!∅♦♦♦∅]∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:46 PM #41
wrjones311

How much does a cow cost? lol
Old 08-30-2009, 12:56 PM #42
shadow1118pimpv.2 (Banned)