PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM #1
valkrie hunter
secret project, muahaha

tourny: open or stockclass?

I wouldn't have thought the day would arrive where i actually ask about open class or stockclass... but i have been wondering about whether would be a wiser choice...

Lets say the rules are unlimited paint... (if it was like.. OSC with limited or something.. i wouldn't mind stock class...but its not)

would you think open class with maybe a 50 rnd hopper or 200 rnd hopper (vlocity jr) would prove more beneficial than a sc gun.. lets say a carter buzzard (maybe using a 48/45 or something.. maybe a 3.5oz if USPL has co2 fill stations LOL)
Xternal/HSP/PaintballGateway

Dye Hinge & Others FS!
valkrie hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2009, 01:05 AM #2
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
from my socal tourney experience if its unlimited paint people will AT the crap outta you. its kinda nice to have the firepower/ammunition and not worry about loading especially in critical situations. but if you are comfortable with stock class then by all means stick with what you are more comfortable with. My teammate lives and dies by SC and also there is yuma rattler that is deadly with her carter. personally i use a open class with my winnie but never bigger than my sportshot. USPL didnt have CO2 fills at HB but since its at SCV then they probably will, but it really depends on the venue
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 AM #3
MeRfCaKe

has been a member for 10 years
I would say pocket hopper, it gives you more shots while keeping a fairly low profile. I know you play a lot of SC though, so really, it's what you're more comfortable with. Practice Monday with what you want to play with mainly though so you can get a good feel for it.
Custom Cockers
MeRfCaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 AM #4
dudegriffin

dudegriffin plays in the USPL
dudegriffin plays in the APPA beginner division
open class, hopper and tank is preference
dudegriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 AM #5
Linuss

No. The gun means very little in a pump tourny. Trust me.

I did the OSC in St Louis a couple years ago, and was the only person to use a true stock class marker (P68SC). I won the 1-on-1 tourny and did just fine in the normal games... all against people with cocker-based markers and hoppers.

As ALL pump players preach, it's the person and not the gun.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM #6
wilted_bunker
Murk Fools

has been a member for 10 years
Cool

Whatever you are comfortable and confident with is your best choice.

However most people will be shooting open class pumps
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 PM #7
Fluid1 (Banned)
My Dixie Wrecked

My general weekend setup is an old school CF cocker with either a 40 GXG or a 200 flat profile gravity. 200 only if there's more than 6 people on the other side.
I recently A/T'd one of my main gats, only to find that I tend to bust off two rounds even when I only need one. I get sloppy.

Back to non A/T!
Fluid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM #8
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

I normally run a CCM gat (J2L or T2) with a sportshot... However I've been recently attempting to play with a 50round hopper. It's taken some getting used to, but I think I like it better. Also I almost never AT, regardless of what I'm shooting.

Methinks the OC and AT setups will always outnumber the true stock class. But it's all based on skill and comfort level when you hop on the feild.
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM #9
drgonzo
Half-cocked

My feeling is open class w/ an oversize or agitating hopper. You look at what the top pump teams are using and even in limited paint tournaments, revvys are pretty common. I guess many find reliable feeding worth the profile tradeoff.

If there was a 100 round agitating hopper I bet we'd see nearly 100% adoption in pump tournaments.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote