Community Focus

Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM #1
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Arrow Hot!! Your Thoughts? How Do We Get People To Stop Hating & Just Promote Our Sport

One issue that is really disturbing is the frequency "ballers" are out their hating on different types of PB, leagues, formats, teams, players etc.. We wonder why our sport is being hurt. Well, we do it to ourselves. If all the "ballers" just took a fraction of the time they spend on hating in promoting the sport, promotion of local fields and stores...Well I can say we would all be in a better situation than we are now. It’s even more crucial now to do this with our current economic times. Please I would really like to hear your opinions on this.. How do we unite "one love" for our sport no matter what format you play? Post up!

Last edited by Explicit#23 : 07-22-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 PM #2
BryanDragan

One thing that would is for kids to start a paintball club at their school. I know some schools have one and even have a school team. But its just good to talk to the kids in your school and help them learn and grow, let them see that for some of us this is what we love to do and going through your town or city shooting at things doesn't help the sport. Take some time to help others.
BryanDragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM #3
BuckNut

BuckNut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob, your opinion is one that a lot of people you should have, but sadly don't. Most people just sit around and bash each other, paintball is a sport of teamwork, simple as that, now its time for the paintball community to act as a team to bring the struggling industry back to its feet. This would raise the sports interest levels, and hopefully bring the cost of paintball down, I know they guys and ladies in canada would love 2 see prices of paint drop, i here horror stories of 100 and something a case of premium. Thats just outrageous.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:45 PM #4
Pballer2013
Been Leadin'

Pballer2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pballer2013 supports Team VICIOUS
Pballer2013 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanDragan View Post
One thing that would is for kids to start a paintball club at their school. I know some schools have one and even have a school team. But its just good to talk to the kids in your school and help them learn and grow, let them see that for some of us this is what we love to do and going through your town or city shooting at things doesn't help the sport. Take some time to help others.
yes. i think schools should have a paintball club. just as they have football or basketball. its worth a try for the school. that way it would get more people into the sport no matter what they shoot they're still apart of it
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM #5
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Really good stuff guys...Pass this thread around. Would really like to hear from people. Maybe the more people we reach out to and touch with this vision the more that "we, our sport" will realize "we" are doing injustice to this way of life..PAINTBALL!!!
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM #6
BeatD0wnCity
Houston Heat OT

I agree with most things said, i think paintball clubs started in schools (mainly high school) would be a good way to promote out sport and also make people understand what paintball really is.

good thread rob =]

It's not about how good you are or how good you look, it's about how bad you want it.

Explicit OT eh?

J.Rabbit
& Bassnectar <3
Houston Heat Fan #8
BeatD0wnCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM #7
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
There is a silly amount of paintball hate and too often the internet breeds all sorts of rude behavior. My least favorite type of paintball hate is the people who look down at others because they play a different type of paintball. There are literally hundreds of ways to play yet some people who play Scenario want to condescend to people who play Big Games. Some people who play X-Ball (race2) try to demean 7-Man. Pump players are snobs to people who "spray and pray." The list goes on and on. These are paintball players intentionally trying to demean other players because they are doing it slightly different.

Too many people want to try to tell other people what they should like and how they should have fun. Paintball is about having fun. Play what you like. Don't demean people who want to play differently than you do. There is no one way to play. There is no right way to play. Better yet, play different kinds of paintball and try something new. If you are a die hard professional like the guys on Explicit, they are grinding against other high level teams most the time. However, that's not the only way to play and those guys are missing out on lots of other different kinds of paintball as well as opportunities to get new players into paintball if they only practice and play 7-man.

Here's a video where WELT put me on the spot and we talked about this subject.

http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/1236/fwinhl72j4/
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:11 PM #8
jvaughn94
***Electro Hunter***

Yeah if our school can put in an ****ing disc golf course they can put in a paintball field

***Broke Ballers Club Cakemaker***

Go forth and TUX **** up!!!
jvaughn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM #9
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
It is PAINTBALL! Not woodsball or speedball. A lot of the negative nature is from the new breed of paintball player like likes to lash out at things like it is the new cool rebellious thing to do. It does nothing but make the sport as a whole look foolish and negative. And then these same people wonder why our sport is not taken serious.
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM #10
Lucky4143
Jason Vitalich Fan #1

Lucky4143 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Schools dont really want to deal with the liability/insurance issues that come up...even though paintball is one of the safest sports to date.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 PM #11
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
There is a silly amount of paintball hate and too often the internet breeds all sorts of rude behavior. My least favorite type of paintball hate is the people who look down at others because they play a different type of paintball. There are literally hundreds of ways to play yet some people who play Scenario want to condescend to people who play Big Games. Some people who play X-Ball (race2) try to demean 7-Man. Pump players are snobs to people who "spray and pray." The list goes on and on. These are paintball players intentionally trying to demean other players because they are doing it slightly different.

Too many people want to try to tell other people what they should like and how they should have fun. Paintball is about having fun. Play what you like. Don't demean people who want to play differently than you do. There is no one way to play. There is no right way to play. Better yet, play different kinds of paintball and try something new. If you are a die hard professional like the guys on Explicit, they are grinding against other high level teams most the time. However, that's not the only way to play and those guys are missing out on lots of other different kinds of paintball as well as opportunities to get new players into paintball if they only practice and play 7-man.

Here's a video where WELT put me on the spot and we talked about this subject.

http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/1236/fwinhl72j4/
John best best best post I have read in a long time. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I totally agree...Wish more people had the sames views!
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Old 07-15-2009, 04:20 PM #12
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
Paintball has almost always been an individual sport masquerading as a team sport. Only a select few teams (explicit is obviously one) have really gotten down to the core values and sportsmanship it takes to win. Many players (I will never point and name) seem to think they are better than others, and absolutely do not have what it takes to play successfully on a team.

Those people resort to hurting others and really lose sight of why we play paintball: The love of the game, the social networking at the field, and the rapid growth and change... much more than any other sport in existence.

It seems like they don't cherish the sport like we do, and they play it for all the wrong reasons. I think this sport will always try to self-destruct... but there are enough of us out there to keep it going, and growing.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM #13
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3084400

I had started the one above a while back and shame on me for not continuing to resurface it at least once a week..Forgot where it was so I started this new one.

Thanks for posting up guys. If we spread the "Don't Hate" philosophy it will spread. Its like poistive thinking. If you think positively more positive will occur than negative. Live Life, Support Paintball...Its truly a way of life....

Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 PM #14
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

BTW John I had to put that post on my Facebook page..
http://www.facebook.com/TEAMEXPLICIT?ref=profile

Wish I was tech savvy so I could put your Vid there

Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM #15
impulse_owner
*****WARBIRDS****

impulse_owner owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
impulse_owner supports Team VICIOUS
impulse_owner supports our troops
impulse_owner is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
impulse_owner is Boss
I get really mad when people bash teams. and think there cool because they hate on something. I have to agree with John. It's all paintball and it's all fun. If thats from scnerio's to woodsball to pump play both in woods and on the speedball feild. That also goes for 7man to Xball there both fun.

So how about paintball instead of us "Hate" lets all become hippies and start making love.
Dream Loud Clothing
Shane Colby- Can't stop, won't stop. Better than sauce.
impulse_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:47 PM #16
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse_owner View Post
I get really mad when people bash teams. and think there cool because they hate on something. I have to agree with John. It's all paintball and it's all fun. If thats from scnerio's to woodsball to pump play both in woods and on the speedball feild. That also goes for 7man to Xball there both fun.
This is exactely what the World Paintball Union is trying to accomplish

http://wpbu.org/page.php?5
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 PM #17
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Spread the Word, "Don't Hate, Support PB"

If we all take 5 Minutes a day just to promote the sport by spreading this news on "not Hating", it will catch on. Reach out just to one person a day in our community and be positive about paintball...woodsball, scenario, xball, pump, speedball....Its all Paintball and One Community, Our Community and the Life we choose!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM #18
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
This is exactely what the World Paintball Union is trying to accomplish.
You don't need an organization, a union or even a website to do it. You just need the inclination and the drive to follow through with it. People have forwarded their own personal agendas for years trying to claim it is for the betterment of the sport or game. However, all you really need is the desire to make paintball better. Lead by example. Get new people out to play. Show experienced players how they can mix in with newer players and show them paintball is all about having fun, not mowing lesser experienced players down. Competition has a place in paintball for sure, but most paintball is about having fun. If the newer players aren't having it, then you are hurting us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
BTW John I had to put that post on my Facebook page..
http://www.facebook.com/TEAMEXPLICIT?ref=profile

Wish I was tech savvy so I could put your Vid there
You can cheat and post a link to it:
http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/1236/fwinhl72j4

I've only had a Facebook page a couple weeks and I've never tried to post a video. Maybe someone else can help.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM #19
impulse_owner
*****WARBIRDS****

impulse_owner owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
impulse_owner supports our troops
impulse_owner is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
impulse_owner is Boss
World paintball usnion I have heard about them before and there amazing. I hope what there trying to do works.
Dream Loud Clothing
Shane Colby- Can't stop, won't stop. Better than sauce.
impulse_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 PM #20
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
You don't need an organization, a union or even a website to do it. You just need the inclination and the drive to follow through with it. People have forwarded their own personal agendas for years trying to claim it is for the betterment of the sport or game. However, all you really need is the desire to make paintball better. Lead by example. Get new people out to play. Show experienced players how they can mix in with newer players and show them paintball is all about having fun, not mowing lesser experienced players down. Competition has a place in paintball for sure, but most paintball is about having fun. If the newer players aren't having it, then you are hurting us all.

You can cheat and post a link to it:
http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/1236/fwinhl72j4

I've only had a Facebook page a couple weeks and I've never tried to post a video. Maybe someone else can help.
Thanks John..just posted it up

Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM #21
andyourmomtoo
Explicit

andyourmomtoo is a Professional paintball player
andyourmomtoo plays in the USPL
andyourmomtoo plays in the APPA D3 division
People hate because it is easier than showing love or appreciation. It is also a way for insecure people to make them feel better about them selves by taking the attention off of them selves and put on to someone else in a negative light. I think it is just a ugly part of human nature, haters will always hate, but I think people are mostly good and out number the bad seeds. However the bad seeds always seem to make the most noise and get the most attention from the public media. So next time you see someone spitting venom about whatever, don't jump on the band wagon because its east, instead shut em down and tell them that you don't wanna hear what they are saying. Haters are just small scared people that will never be happy because there is no light in there life.

We all love this sport no matter what its format, because we love the rush we get from lining someone up in our sights and putting some paint on em. If you have forgotten that then its time to hang up the gun and go play golf.

I say keep playing paintball to your highest ability, try to bring paintball to people who have never tried it and represent the sport in the most positive light possible. We need this now more than ever, if we all just bring one outside player to the game, then we can see this sport thrive again and grow to be a mainstream sport we all want it to be.