Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM #1
Tx Khaous Paintball

Ideas to help out my team?

Hey everyone, Im just looking for some idea's for cheap/good practices for my 5 man team will be playing d4.

Thx everyone in advance.

Txgraphix.com

Txkhaous.webs.comhttp://Txkhaous.webs.com
Tx Khaous Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM #2
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
The usual good ones are:

-Play against teams much better than you repeatedly
-Communicate EVERYTHING until it becomes second nature. If you're in Snake 2 and hungry for a sandwich, your teammates better all know it.
-Stop, and think. So many rookies are eager to make a big move and they end up not thinking and messing up. Play what you're told to play and do what you're told to do.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 PM #3
ilikegunz

snap shooting over and over and over and over and over and over and so on man. The point of this and battling as a whole is to combat the opposin guy so YOU can get the post man. So YOU dont have to battle for your spot. Also, you have to, when u practice snapping, do the one one ball check drill. Have one guy (at LEAST 30 feet away) posting up on you. He must be EXTREMELY tight so its even harder for you to hit him. Each time you come out, you are shooting ONE ball man. THATS it. DO NOT get in the rythm of snapping in the same spot everytime, OR using the SAME rythm over and over, as he will be able to bait you and predict when you are coming out. Remember, not only is snapping about taking back the post you need, but ALSO, battles should be usually at the MOST 5 times coming out. You want to be so accurate that you hit the guy on the third time out AT LEAST. IF YOU CANNOOOOTTTTT do that, then you better be so damn accurate, that in the first few shots, you are missing him by about an inch. With that, you will scare him, and you can take the post. HOWEVER, remember that even if u can do this, it is never good enough. You wanna be able to take that guy OUT ASAPPPPP. NOT just take the post. While that may be a good thing, wouldnt it be better to just get him out while you're at it.

Trust me, even if you cannot practice with your buddy sometimes, practice with an extremely small target, such as a baseball, or hell, even something as small as HALF the size of a pokemon card. If you can hit those things nonstop almost everytime, as no one is perfect, can you imagine the damge you can do when gun battling on the field? A persons proflie, no matter how tight, will always be begger than a baseball haha.

Take my word, if there's one thing in the game I am very strong in doing, it is gun battling. There's a shooting range in the back of my field. About 25 feet away there is a softball hanging form the ceiling. I can hit that baby up to 4 times in a row. Once I miss one or rarely two, I get right back on it. The most Ive hit the thing I a row is 8 times. That says something. Its an extremely useful skill.

Anyway, thats JUST snapping for you. Nobody can master ANY skill, but I have honed this one to my liking and am STILL ALWAYS going to work on it. You can never have enough practice man. Never

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."

Last edited by ilikegunz : 07-14-2009 at 10:35 PM.
ilikegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM #4
OGballer22

COMMUNICATION, i promise you, unless you guys are superhumans, you will never win without communication. And playing against people in a higher division is key. You cant get respect and wins without getting your **** kicked in by someone much better than you, good luck.
the grimace
OGballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:41 PM #5
XxPoPACaPXx
Golf Wang

XxPoPACaPXx supports Team VICIOUS
comunication
dont battle!!! move and get those side shots why risk a 50/50 battle when you can bump once and shoot both guys in the side or back??
back players lock your lanes and mids fill important spots
when it come down to it cross it up send 2 snake one on tape one in with the corner looking tape aswell never put to guns on the same part one gun pointing every where!!
al ways know what your job is!! dont go onto the field with out a game plan and not knowing your job

find the layout that day walk fields wwrite down and number all bunkers on the layout paper and see what has what shots find which side to consetrate on

need more pm me lol
XxPoPACaPXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:47 PM #6
JFroese
Killing with a smile.

Communicate. I can't stress it enough, our team had horrible communication our first tourney, and we got last. Our next 8 practices all we did is communication drills and we got first and the second event, it makes that much of a difference. The only other thing is be aggressive, but not so much so that you're not thinking. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 AM #7
ROBOT CHICKEN
I LIKE COOKIES AND MILK!!

ROBOT CHICKEN plays in the APPA D5 division
Google these

Domination Drills
Laning Drills
Breakout Drills
Communication (mostly learned in games imo)

(\__/)
(='.'=) VIVA LA BUNNY!
(")_(")
I <3 fattywiz
ROBOT CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 AM #8
GottaLoveEgo's
BOSS

GottaLoveEgo's helped look for balloons
Get your *** Kicked by teams much better or in much higher divisions than you.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM #9
Tx Khaous Paintball

Hey guy's thanks for all the advice but this is all basic info! We are not new to pb in any way and know the basic's I.E Laning Snapping, Ect ect.

Looking for ways to have legit CHEAP practice, but thanks for posting guys

Txgraphix.com

Txkhaous.webs.comhttp://Txkhaous.webs.com
Tx Khaous Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:57 AM #10
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Cheap practice?

- Get in good with a local field and get some cheap practice time in return for helping at the field.

- Buy paint in bulk to save cash

- Snapshooting and communication drills won't take nearly as much paint

- Use reball if it's available

- Practice your breakouts a few times without any paint in your gun (just roll the triggers) before you try them with paint
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:37 PM #11
karnagepaintball404

you can do drills as easy as setting up a target and taking about 6 steps back and foward from it while aiming at the target with ur marker move back 6 steps,switch hands,go foward,repeat...
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE MAY NOT SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS,BUT IT WILL ANNOY ENOUGH PEOPLE TO MAKE IT WORTH THE EFFORT.sweet dm4 and hott ion in sig!!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3362522http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3258579
karnagepaintball404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:51 PM #12
yumyumgetsome
NE Riot

communicate lots o lots
Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 PM #13
DangerousAddiction

cheap practice

as said before field owners like myself love to help out local players and teams as it helps our business too. find a field owner that is willing to let u mess around on a slow day. have someone call some fields and see what kind of response you get..

GO SOUTH TEXAS PAINTBALL.................
DangerousAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM #14
DangerousAddiction

Pm Me If You Need Some Help Finding Someone Don't Mind Helping
DangerousAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 PM #15
nronalds
Jesus wouldnt wipe

scrimmage dynasty over and over again and youll go pro
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 PM #16
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
run!
elfwoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM #17
keeter990
Kreeton

back players- laning drills,and communication.
mids- shooting on the run(off break) snapping, communication.
fronts- running eyes up looking for streams, snapping, snapping, snapping, communication.

i also agree that communication is learned in games. alot of people can scream positions. what most people have a hard time with is hearing in the heat of battle. i know that was the hardest thing for me.

but i am a 100% sure scrimmaging is the most important. you can run all the drills you want but if you cant work as a team in the trenchs you will lose! scrimmaging is all the drills combined in one. and always make it hard as possible! start 2 down. have everyone on the other team lane while your fronts and mids break out. stress running eyes up. set yourselves up for failure at practice and hopefully you will run out of failure at the tourny.

Troll
keeter990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM #18
QuiverKiller
SHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nronalds View Post
scrimmage dynasty over and over again and youll go pro
lol, it worked for aftermath
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew
QuiverKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM #19
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
30 second games are good. works on basically everything. breakouts, laning, running, sliding, getting into your bunkers clean, taking gun dominance, maintaining that dominance. snapping. and it doesnt use a ton of paint. usually a pod. just have someone always on the sidelines to call it at 30 seconds.

its a great way to learn field layouts as well. you learn what lanes to shoot, and what bunkers you can break. what you cant. easy bumps. things like that...