Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by osckey123 View Post
1. More guns with no macro lines. I believe it's time to eliminate macrolines.

2. A PAINTBALL COMPANY would construct a stadium centered around one field. Making it the first official paintball stadium. Surrounding the stadium on the grounds, smaller fields would be set up for divisional play similar to what they do at Wimbledon.

3. The paintball industry solves the paintball on T.V. problem.

4. Professional paintball gets more...professional. Professionals need to be given better treatment.

5. Paintball Associations such as PSP and USPL need to find ways to setup salaries for their paintball players.

6. It wouldn't hurt for paintball jersey companies strive to look more organized. I don't care how good you are if you look like a tool rocking a jersey with five thousand different designs. (If you're wondering, take a nice look at a couple of soccer jerseys)
1. Agreed nuff said
2. World cup should be played at the stadium and other little events that are still big but not as big as cup
3.Agreed
4.Professionals should stop smoking weed, stop cussing so much, act like a real sport
5.Yes and no. Professionals have their sponsors pay for alot of their **** but yea professionals need to live comfortably.
6. Idk whatever looks good i guess.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 AM #45
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxus5577 View Post
1. Agreed nuff said
2. World cup should be played at the stadium and other little events that are still big but not as big as cup
3.Agreed
4.Professionals should stop smoking weed, stop cussing so much, act like a real sport
5.Yes and no. Professionals have their sponsors pay for alot of their **** but yea professionals need to live comfortably.
Can't say I understand #4 at all...
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM #46
Toxin01

Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Can't say I understand #4 at all...
I think he means if the Pro's want to be treated like professional athletes, they should act like one and stop dropping 50 F'bombs at the top of their lungs with young guns right beside in the pits, throwing hissy-fits on the field, and getting on the nation and flaming D4 kids.

EDIT: Not that they all do that, but it does happen.
Toxin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:44 AM #47
angrymuffin
One Angry Muffin

angrymuffin plays in the PSP
angrymuffin is playing at Living Legends III
angrymuffin plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxus5577 View Post
1. Agreed nuff said
3.Agreed
I think its a good thing that pros don't get paid big sums of money to play. Our pros aren't like a lot of pro players out there in the way that our guys are clearly not playing for money but because they love the game. That is why paintball pro players are so awesome.

When you look into other sports you see all sorts of players who go on strike and protest for more millions a year on there contract. Just watch the movie The Replacements and get an idea about what I'm talking about.
angrymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 AM #48
lightning fast
Diligentia, Vis, Celerita

lightning fast is Legendary
Quote:

4. Professional paintball gets more...professional. Professionals need to be given better treatment.
I think for that to happen players need to start acting more like professionals. They need to stop cussing and they need to follow Rusty Glaze's example of wearing a suit while traveling to an event (like NBA players do) just for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymuffin View Post
Blue tooth in paintball masks connected to players and coaches on the field. I hate yelling.

The price of practice paintballs needs to drop. The reason being is that the saying is true: Practice makes perfect. But in our case practice needs to be afforded as well.

Guns need to start coming stock with color LCD screens.

All guns should be able to warn you about any problems VIA the LCD screen such as a check engine light would on a car.

All guns and hoppers should be able to communicate.
I love all of these ideas honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec407 View Post
guns with built in chrono....
That would be excellent. I would still want refs to check people. But it would be nice for the players, still.

I just want the mini X back.

I want a chance to spit on somebody's baby. - Carthy, Detroit Strange
lightning fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM #49
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

SOGGYMUFFIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SOGGYMUFFIN supports our troops
SOGGYMUFFIN is an NCPA player
SOGGYMUFFIN plays in the APPA D4 division
theres some great ideas here guys

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY PLANET ECLIPSE AND SOCIAL PAINTBALL
SOGGYMUFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM #50
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I think its a good thing that pros don't get paid big sums of money to play. Our pros aren't like a lot of pro players out there in the way that our guys are clearly not playing for money but because they love the game. That is why paintball pro players are so awesome.

When you look into other sports you see all sorts of players who go on strike and protest for more millions a year on there contract. Just watch the movie The Replacements and get an idea about what I'm talking about.
Are you considering that we keep our professionals, shall we say, ill paid so that they play well?

Also,

Are you suggesting that when a sport pays its pros well the pros begin to slack off?

Again I say, take a look at soccer. Premier League, CHampoins League, Serie A, you will get well paid for playing in those leagues and they happen to be some of the most exciting in the sport.

Pros play "for the love of the game". You know how many times I've heard that cliche comment?

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 PM #51
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Are you considering that we keep our professionals, shall we say, ill paid so that they play well?

Also,

Are you suggesting that when a sport pays its pros well the pros begin to slack off?

Again I say, take a look at soccer. Premier League, CHampoins League, Serie A, you will get well paid for playing in those leagues and they happen to be some of the most exciting in the sport.

Pros play "for the love of the game". You know how many times I've heard that cliche comment?
And how many pro's get payed to play? So for them, it's for money and not love for the game. But for a pro paintballer, they don't get paid ****. So they must do it for some reason.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:32 PM #52
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Doesn't mean we have to make it harder for them. As long as becoming a pro paintballer means giving up a lot rather than gaining much, this sport is going to stay right where it is now.

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM #53
shredxcam

bring back the X
bring back pumps
Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 PM #54
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:

That's cute, but the thread title is "What would you like to see companies make in the next 2 years?" and he responded with "Professionals should stop smoking weed". If this was a test, and that was his answer, he would have failed. Hard.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 PM #55
thats_fantastic
‼=/= !! ‼!!

thats_fantastic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
More Variety. Back in 2001-4, when there were so many companies making guns, there was so much variety. Not just the same old shocker, Dm, and ego
thats_fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM #56
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats_fantastic View Post
More Variety. Back in 2001-4, when there were so many companies making guns, there was so much variety. Not just the same old shocker, Dm, and ego
Are you sure there were more guns then than there are now? Many guns/companies were introduced after that period (Ego/Etek/SL, Quest, G3/Fusion/Revi/Threshy, Mini, PM5/6/7/8/R/SLG, Ion, Droid, Marq, Creed, Luxe, Legend, Exalt, NME, SR/SF/Trilogy, '09 Imp etc..)

Sure a lot of guns may have died over the years, but it's not like there are still only a couple of guns on the market. I don't have the numbers on me, but I think there may actually be MORE to choose from now than what there was in '01-'04.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:36 PM #57
svmeyer
Hillbilly DeLUXE

Annual Supporting Member
svmeyer supports Team VICIOUS
svmeyer supports our troops
svmeyer plays in the APPA D4 division
svmeyer is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
svmeyer supports DLX Technology
svmeyer supports Empire
i would like to see beginners and rookie tournys all follow the same rules. set up to where if you play d5 or rookie you can only use certain guns, such as no highend guns, allowing the new kids to have a chance, or atleast make them feel like they have a chance.

i remember going to my first tourny with a completely stock ion and looking over at the other teams and they all having egos, dms, shockers, bob long and so on.

i think it would give the newbs more of a chance. i know the gun doesnt make the player but rookies shouldnt be shooting that high end of a gun

Geo 2.05 F/S/T
WTB Luxe Parts!!
I'm looking for field gear: pods, tanks, bunkers, everything!!!
PMGWC / / Luxe Mob / /BST Elite/ /Shocker Owners/ /Ego Mafia/ /AGG Mafia/ /KGB MOB
svmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM #58
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmeyer View Post
i would like to see beginners and rookie tournys all follow the same rules. set up to where if you play d5 or rookie you can only use certain guns, such as no highend guns, allowing the new kids to have a chance, or atleast make them feel like they have a chance.

i remember going to my first tourny with a completely stock ion and looking over at the other teams and they all having egos, dms, shockers, bob long and so on.

i think it would give the newbs more of a chance. i know the gun doesnt make the player but rookies shouldnt be shooting that high end of a gun
So? My first tournament was with an Ion, and every single tournament I've played in I used an Ion. Everyone else had the newest DM's and Ego's, but did it help them? No. My team still got first place.

If the newbie is playing in a TOURNAMENT and is intimidated by the guns around him, he needs to play rec more. Besides, Ion vs. High end at tournaments is always lulz.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM #59
svmeyer
Hillbilly DeLUXE

Annual Supporting Member
svmeyer supports Team VICIOUS
svmeyer supports our troops
svmeyer plays in the APPA D4 division
svmeyer is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
svmeyer supports DLX Technology
svmeyer supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
So? My first tournament was with an Ion, and every single tournament I've played in I used an Ion. Everyone else had the newest DM's and Ego's, but did it help them? No. My team still got first place.

If the newbie is playing in a TOURNAMENT and is intimidated by the guns around him, he needs to play rec more. Besides, Ion vs. High end at tournaments is always lulz.
im with you man, i started with an ion and still use it for all the tournys i play.

i was just suggesting this because you get all these kids who think thier **** is agg cuz it costs alot and thier parents paid for it. that is why kids now days are ruining our sport by flaming everyone for having a cheaper gun. they are the 12 year olds who brag that they can beat anyone because they have a 1200 dollar gun.

like i said earlier its not the gun, i was just saying it would be better for the ROOKIES

Geo 2.05 F/S/T
WTB Luxe Parts!!
I'm looking for field gear: pods, tanks, bunkers, everything!!!
PMGWC / / Luxe Mob / /BST Elite/ /Shocker Owners/ /Ego Mafia/ /AGG Mafia/ /KGB MOB
svmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 AM #60
spideyman1
Shark week continues!

spoppet...
spideyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM #61
ianhd22
Arme

ianhd22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ianhd22 is for the Gunfight
paintball as a sport is still developing and i think its grate cuz as a genetration we get to difine it and the fact that its not impossible to go pro like in other sports

they should make a loder with blue tooth and a gun whit it too so there in sync

HK hater
ianhd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 AM #62
ianhd22
Arme

ianhd22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ianhd22 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmeyer View Post
im with you man, i started with an ion and still use it for all the tournys i play.

i was just suggesting this because you get all these kids who think thier **** is agg cuz it costs alot and thier parents paid for it. that is why kids now days are ruining our sport by flaming everyone for having a cheaper gun. they are the 12 year olds who brag that they can beat anyone because they have a 1200 dollar gun.

like i said earlier its not the gun, i was just saying it would be better for the ROOKIES
btw im shooting an iq that is probaly on the same proformance lvl as my team mates 09 ego its all the player not the gun

HK hater
ianhd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 PM #63
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

SOGGYMUFFIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SOGGYMUFFIN supports our troops
SOGGYMUFFIN is an NCPA player
SOGGYMUFFIN plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhd22 View Post
btw im shooting an iq that is probaly on the same proformance lvl as my team mates 09 ego its all the player not the gun
although this is true, a good, quality gun will definitely help you on the field. think about it. you could have a pro on the field with a gun that bolt-face breaks every other ball and a fairly good player with a gun that shoots titties. a good gun will make somewhat of a difference, but for the most part the, "its the player behind the gun" notion proves to be true.

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY PLANET ECLIPSE AND SOCIAL PAINTBALL
SOGGYMUFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote