PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 PM #1
Airdale

Angel A1 Breach/Bolt stick

Hey guys whats up.

I have a question for you guys. I went to go chrono my gun a couple of months ago, and when I went to shoot one ball the breach blew open (I could have sworn I closed it). Now the gun doesn't shoot without the bolt getting stuck in the breach and it leaking air everywhere. Also the breach doesn't open easily. Is it possible that I bent something and now that it doesn't open and close smoothly its getting the bolt jammed up inside? I tried seeing if I could bend the bolt back but I didn't want to pull too hard and ruin the whole body of the gun.

Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what to do (I haven't checked the ram yet to be honest, I didn't think to check that the last time I was looking at the gun and its been a while.)

Thanks in advance!
Airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2015, 12:32 PM #2
Nonesuch Mafia 1
Ballbreaker

Nonesuch Mafia 1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nonesuch Mafia 1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Is there damage where the breech is connected to the body (cracking) on the left side of the marker?
Angel A1 Black/Blue Fade

Bob Long Ripper 2
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz:
patience is a virtue, so is banging chicks in the butt, i think Socrates said that...."
Nonesuch Mafia 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:47 PM #3
jaydiem

jaydiem supports Team VICIOUS
jaydiem has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jaydiem is attending Decay of Nations VI
jaydiem supports DLX Technology
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0S3okXxuxhg

This should help you out with some of your issues
jaydiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 PM #4
Airdale

As far as I know there's no cracking on the body of the gun.

The thing I'm worried about is the fact that the breach doesn't open easily, I gotta kinda pry it open, it doesn't just flip open anymore, I can try to get a video of it later when I get home.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:34 PM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
It's possible and fairly likely that the breech rod was bent when the breech flew open. The fact that your breech isn't opening smoothly points in that direction (the bolt stick could be caused by other issues). If there is a small ding on the left side of the gun just below the rotobreech, this would make it even more likely (the ding is from the rotobreech slapping into the body).

Good news is, if it's a bent breech rod, replacing it will do the trick. Bad news is, breech rods are a little tough to find.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM #6
Airdale

I'll check for a ding or dent when I get home from work. The reason I don't think its the seal too is because when the gun is fired the breech lifts up a little bit, and once I push that back down the bolt slides in and out fine. How hard is it to change the breech rod?
Old 06-10-2015, 02:13 PM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Changing the breech rod is relatively easy. You would remove the grub screw, which you can see just in front of and in back of the rotobreech on the left side of the gun. The grub screw covers the breech rod and holds it in place. The breech rod is female threaded, so you would then thread an appropriately sized screw into the rod and pull to remove it. They can be a bit stubborn, depending on condition. Spraying the breech rod with a little bit of penetrating oil may help if there is a lot of built up rust or gunk. Using vice grips or pliers will give you a better grip.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:45 PM #8
gchette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
It's possible and fairly likely that the breech rod was bent when the breech flew open. The fact that your breech isn't opening smoothly points in that direction (the bolt stick could be caused by other issues). If there is a small ding on the left side of the gun just below the rotobreech, this would make it even more likely (the ding is from the rotobreech slapping into the body).

Good news is, if it's a bent breech rod, replacing it will do the trick. Bad news is, breech rods are a little tough to find.
I would put money on a bent breach rod due to the difficulty opening, and I think that could also cause your bolt stick. If the rotobreach is out of alignment with the body this could cause increased drag and wear on the bolt causing the stick.

The good news is you can also gently bend the breech rods straight again. I've done it many times.

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM #9
Airdale

Okay cool thanks guys. I'll take a look at it and see what I can find, I'm hoping its just that being bent, I miss the loudness of my angel
Old 06-10-2015, 03:28 PM #10
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchette View Post
I would put money on a bent breach rod due to the difficulty opening, and I think that could also cause your bolt stick. If the rotobreach is out of alignment with the body this could cause increased drag and wear on the bolt causing the stick.

The good news is you can also gently bend the breech rods straight again. I've done it many times.
Yeah, that was poorly worded on my part. If the breech rod is bent, that is going to be the cause of your bolt stick. If the breech rod isn't bent, it could be something else. Based on everything you've said though, it's most likely the breech rod.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:17 PM #11
EastCoastAngel
Angel tune up and service

if the rods are bent...let me know....I have brand new ones...pm for details

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:03 PM #12
Airdale

Alright so I looked at the gun after work and I found this little nick in it, I'm assuming that's from the breech blowing open?

This is a video of the breech opening and closing (I over exaggerated how hard it is to close just to show the points of where it catches)

http://vid1053.photobucket.com/album...psztmkgntz.mp4

I took a video of shooting the gun too (please ignore my super 80's couch)

http://vid1053.photobucket.com/album...pshdts6qpm.mp4

And this is where the bolt gets stuck

Other than that I didn't really see anything that looked bent, is the other screw for the breech rod behind the eye cover?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:33 PM #13
EastCoastAngel
Angel tune up and service

its right behind the eye cover.....that ding is the evidence we all look for when buying a a1...lol

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:37 PM #14
Airdale

Alright, I'll pull the gun apart tomorrow since I've got some running around to do tonight

I'm pretty pissed since when I bought the gun it was totally mint, besides the eye cover being broken, oh well, I don't really plan on selling it so I guess I don't have to worry about it too much