Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2017, 10:14 PM #1
chalmene

Angel LCD pressure question

Just bought an LCD to toy with, I have my Ninja V2 reg set to 450psi. Will that be ok for the LCD or will I need to go hp?
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2017, 11:14 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
You need to add back the red shims to bring the output into the 750-850 psi range. The LED, LCD and IR3 operate at a higher valve pressure than the Speed and newer Angels and therefore require HP output from the tank reg.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 PM #3
chalmene

Is there a way to convert to LP (450ish) ? Volumizers or something?
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Not without really extensive modding. Because the LPR sits in front of the valve chamber, the size of the valve chamber is fixed. Adding a volumizer to the front of the gun only increases the volume of the LP transfer tube. With the Speed and newer Angels, the LPR is in the front of the battery tube, so adding a volumizer to the valve side on those guns actually does increase the size of the valve chamber.

With the HP generation Angels (LED/LCD/IR3) you can breach the wall between the valve chamber and the battery tube by slant drilling or coming up through the bottom, and then plug up the battery tube to use as a volumizer. Obviously this requires using a 9 volt board so that you can eliminate the rechargeable battery and free up the space in the battery tube.

Alternatively, you can plug up the existing air transfer holes, create new ones in the battery tube, and relocate the LPR to the battery tube, the same way it is situated in the LP generation Angels.

Needless to say, unless you already own the tools and have the expertise to do those mods yourself, the cost of having them done would exceed by many times the total value of the gun.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:11 AM #5
chalmene

I don't want to do any drastic mods, if I have to run HP on the LCD, I will. What is the lowest pressure an LCD will operate normally on?

The other gun is a G7, and I have my reg set to 450. Is there a pressure that I can compromise at that will run fine with both guns?
Old 02-27-2017, 01:27 AM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

It might take a little trial and error, but somewhere in the 650 psi range should probably work with both. You'll need to have your LCD reg opened up a little more than you normally would, and you'll want to make sure you have adequate adjustability of your FPS on the G7.

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 02-27-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:11 AM #7
chalmene

Ill have to try that when my LCD gets here. I appreciate the help. So I shouldn't harm the G7 at all by running the input pressure at that psi? I am using the stock G7 reg..

Last edited by chalmene : 02-27-2017 at 05:16 AM.
chalmene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:18 AM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The worst case scenario is that it puts a little extra wear and tear on the mini-reg (meaning you may have to change o-rings and small pistons more frequently, but they are wearable items in any case). As long as the mini-reg can reduce the input pressure from the tank adequately, everything downstream of it (LPR, solenoids, ram) will be just fine. 250 psi coming out of the mini-reg is the same 250 psi whether it started out as 650 psi from the tank or 450 psi from the tank. At the 650 psi range the mini-reg should operate correctly and it shouldn't significantly shorter the lifespan of the reg internals.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:43 AM #9
EastCoastAngel
Angel tune up and service

EastCoastAngel is playing at Living Legends IX
EastCoastAngel supports Ninja Paintball
I run all my ninja tanks at 550 and that includes any and all angels I work on. I have yet to run into a issue as long as the tank reg is clean and working properly.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:17 AM #10
chalmene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
The worst case scenario is that it puts a little extra wear and tear on the mini-reg (meaning you may have to change o-rings and small pistons more frequently, but they are wearable items in any case). As long as the mini-reg can reduce the input pressure from the tank adequately, everything downstream of it (LPR, solenoids, ram) will be just fine. 250 psi coming out of the mini-reg is the same 250 psi whether it started out as 650 psi from the tank or 450 psi from the tank. At the 650 psi range the mini-reg should operate correctly and it shouldn't significantly shorter the lifespan of the reg internals.
Right, I understand the concept of the mini-reg reducing input pressure to what is required. So the G7 stock reg can do this safely? Should I make any adjustments prior to attempting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastAngel View Post
I run all my ninja tanks at 550 and that includes any and all angels I work on. I have yet to run into a issue as long as the tank reg is clean and working properly.
Thats great, should I make any adjustments to my stock G7 mini-reg before running at 550 psi input pressure ?
Old 02-27-2017, 02:32 PM #11
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You'll need to reduce the output of the mini-reg, which you can do on the fly as-needed over a chrono. If you want to be really extra cautious you could turn the adjustment screw clockwise 1 turn prior to gassing up and then do your adjustments from there.