Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 AM #43
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
Zombie Thread....

4/23/11 was last post til the revive yesterday... Smh...
tex_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 PM #44
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
Zombie Thread....

4/23/11 was last post til the revive yesterday... Smh...
Sorry, somehow it came up on my searches and I wanted to chime in, plus saw a post about my playing area, where the sport really has declined and I am interested in doing something about it.

- 1WD > 4WD > 2WD
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM #45
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Reviving again...sorry about this!

I've noticed that the new players are being suppressed. Yesterday, a birthday party came to our field. 50 or so people showed up, bought tons of paint and air, rented everything, and set up. Not one team, or experienced player, or anything offered anything at all to them. It wasn't until I took my team over to talk with them a little bit that people started paying attention to them! I think every time I've gone for the past two or three years, I've taken at least one new player with me. I've gotten possibly twenty people into the sport through my years playing, which isn't nearly enough, but it's something!

The problem, like I said above, is that the newbies aren't getting near the attention they should. I've seen multiple players in $4000 worth of tournament gear completely ignore the newbies, refuse to play with them, and talk down to them. They need to be nurtured! They're the future of our sport! Without them, we'll all turn into old men and eventually the sport will die. I think this thread was started back in '08 or '09, when the economy was really bad. Well, the economy is still pretty bad, and paintball is the first thing to go as far as hobbies going out the window. I don't think I'll get out of paintball for quite a while, so I'm doing more than my share of getting newbies into the sport and keeping them there! I fix their guns for free or the cost of the part, I help them adjust packs and masks, I advise them on gear purchases, I give them advice on snap-shooting and moving under fire...all of these things are helping our sport to grow! If more people did this, like my team and I, I think the sport would be growing! I live an hour away from the nearest field, and I used to live twenty minutes! We've lost three fields in the past four years, and I don't think this last one will close. They have a large population and it's BYOP and no refs, so they don't buy anything but the CO2! They have a big compressor, so they can fill air for a few pennies, and their employees are all paid low salaries or are related to the owner.
So, paintball is definitely wounded, but not dying just yet! Fields are still around, manufacturers are still making markers and equipment, and the sport keeps growing in most areas! Keep up all the good work, guys!
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:11 PM #46
firststrike01
Peace is the way

Really? Cuz my paintball field just opened 3 years ago. And I go there all the time, and theres always people there.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:14 PM #47
Shanie Wanie
The Original Shane Wanie

Shanie Wanie supports Team VICIOUS
Shanie Wanie supports Bob Gurnsey
Shanie Wanie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shanie Wanie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree I always try to make the newbs feel welcome.
Rockwell Time Six Feet Deep Clothing
ANSgear.com, Tankless Invasion
Shanie Wanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 PM #48
mana994
you've gotta be kitten me

its hard to pay upkeep for a sport that is pretty much just shooting nickles and dimes at eachother
mana994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:32 AM #49
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Keeping this thread alive! It has a lot of history of the ups and downs of the sport! The good times and the bad. It was and is just fun to read how the economy has effected paintball. It is more than a sport and a hobby, but I don't really know what you would call it.
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote