PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2010, 07:23 AM #22
PB_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellytime View Post
are u living on a moon.. its becoming popular everyday.. take a look around u r neighbour hood evry one is talking about this..
i totally agree with him.. its like an epidemic
PB_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 AM #23
huntingcorn

instead of buying $1000++ markers...
put that towards better use to bring paintball back like it was.

i was into it big time few years ago and quit. (dont ask, idk why i did) and now im really thinking about coming back and its definitly went to ****.
huntingcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:36 AM #24
Tupac911
Ruh Roh!

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball is super popuular in my area! It hasnt' died down at all.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 PM #25
HollyWood569

HollyWood569 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HollyWood569 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingcorn View Post
instead of buying $1000++ markers...
put that towards better use to bring paintball back like it was.

i was into it big time few years ago and quit. (dont ask, idk why i did) and now im really thinking about coming back and its definitly went to ****.
Im in the exact same boat as ya. It amazes me how little there is going on now.

Sell Me Alias style Timmy's!!!!!!!
Need: LCD Frenzy and Angry Boards!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~PM ME~~~~~~~~~~~
HollyWood569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM #26
jtpaintball70

I just moved to CO from NM. In NM paintball is not very popular due to the fact that several fields and most of the shops have closed. It seems like it's a little more popular here in CO though
#70 Pump Gun Pimp ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
KD5QHI
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:43 AM #27
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont know if its actually so much a dying sport as much as its a sport that people have reduced to playing in their own back yards versus spending the money to go to the commercial fields.
Players with even an acre of land to spare can make up good fields that they and their friends can play at for free... just buy paint and scuba tanks. I've been playing for 4 years now, and I love it as much today as I did the first day. But markers are not cheap, and paint, even cheap paint, is still $40/50 a case. I didnt even play on a commercial field until last year. We have players who are in the local Fire Dept, where they can fill scuba tanks for free at will. Buy paint at Dicks Sporting Goods or Walmart, gather at their house or my house, and have fun for a Sunday afternoon. 3 Scuba tanks lasts 10 people all day on air with some to spare; all using electronic markers and Tippmans that are all turned up.
I liked the comment someone made about "Spray and Pray" too. Speedball is expensive when you start rifling numerous hoppers of paint within a 10 min match! Woodsball is more tactical and therefore cheaper on paint and air! In a bad economy, thats the way to go... woodsball in your back yard with cheap paint and free air, not Speedball at $70/ case and $25 a day plus gas and food!
Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:22 PM #28
boom566

for schenario games, i think everyone went to airsoft. The guns can be made to look and feel like the real thing, which probably appeals to most schenario gamers. It's so much cheaper for ammo too
boom566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 PM #29
Rome494

The best priced field I play at its 5 dollars if you own your own gear and to rent its 15 dollar@ for all day air its a good field its also bring your own paint. Field except reaction paint and monster ball we make sure everyone has a good time
Rome494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM #30
Rome494

Southern Alabama paintball cheap prices great field southernalabamapaimtball.com
Rome494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:45 PM #31
ShootFaces14

has been a member for 10 years
does anybody else feel that airsoft is passing paintball up in popularity? it seems that way in st. louis. There is almost ALWAYS more airsoft than paintball and it wasnt like that 4-5 years ago.

Bing Shop.Ambition Media.

The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe Ruth
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3425482<<< GUN SALE!!
ShootFaces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 PM #32
mikedub

agree'd
mikedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 PM #33
stanky626

stanky626 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootFaces14 View Post
does anybody else feel that airsoft is passing paintball up in popularity?.....
The new players getting into milsim do not know there's an option. They sit at home and play Call of Duty/Counter Strike all day. When they finally decide to try it in person... they see paintball (speedball still gets most of the magazine coverage) and airsoft (very realistic milsim). Thy choose airsoft.

Now you see a lot of the paintball manufacturers going towards the milsim look, hoping to get piece of the airsoft pie.

Good luck paintball milsim... i'm rooting for you!
stanky626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:49 PM #34
Teareth013
Mark (Teareth) Montoya

If we want to keep paintball alive we have to fight for it. What i see is that people want new and fresh ideas in big games and scenario games. I recently started running big games at a field in the midwest this year called The Badlandz. http://www.thebadlandz.com/

I have seen a decline like everyone else. So i decided to approach the person incharge of Badlandz big games and give them a few ideas if they wanted to here them. Well i wrote a few game ideas down for them and about 6 months later me and my team where offered the job of running the games. Now every game i do is fresh and packed with awesome customized props, missions, and i always throw in something new. my Next game in november is going to have a Tactical nuke prop. they will be able to blow up a portion of the field with it killing the enemy and possibly their own teammates depending on were they use it and when. The other problem is that the older players are leaving without teaching the next generation so your losing some of the luster of the past. but atleast in my area i refuse to let woodsball and scenario games die.

Mark (Teareth) Montoya
-Casket Co. Paintball team-

"Adequetley Prepared To Rock!"
Teareth013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:48 PM #35
gnarlyswine

Well - a word of warning.

Up here in Canada - I have stopped using my local field - they charge $160 for a case of paint (exchange rate is now and has been roughly 1:1 for a long time so yes thats $160 US as well. Plus fee - $10 own equip , $37 rental.

Its a nice field but realy, I cant justify those prices , and yup as per usual its to sub the speedballers. So,
Ive started going outlaw instead with a local group organised through a shop - cost of balls , gas free and the shop now gets all my business. I miss the organisation but not at the cost of an extra $100 + for a day.

Some fileds are just killing themselves.
gnarlyswine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM #36
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
i moved to west point, ny from mississippi, and it seems like paintball is more popular here.

back home, i had to drive minimum hour and a half to get to a field, there were only a couple of good fields in the state. here, in NY, there are 2 good fields within 30 minutes, and many more within an hour.

it's dead right now because of the winter, a few people i know are going to the city to play indoor fields, but once the spring gets here, i'm sure it will jump back up around here.the prices seem fairly reasonable too, usually around $50 bucks a case, and if you use compressed air, it's like $5 all day. i've spent the winter building a milsim a-5, and i also have my ego7 and sl74 ready to go. can't wait till this snow gets out of here!
tex_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:18 AM #37
jordan_payne09

As someone new to paintball i know how hard it is to get into it. Im in indiana and have yet to go to a paintball field. The closest one to me is 50min to an hour away in ohio. I love the sport but its just so dang expensive. And i would love to go to fields but the friends i have that are in it cant afford to go spend 60+ dollars on a case of paint plus field fee. So we go play in my woods and get some paint at a local sports store for 35 dollars a case. And one buddy has a co2 fill station and i have a scuba tank. I would love to go play some speedball but it is just too unrealistic on all my buddies to pay so much. I agree that paintball is an awesome sport and i seriously hope it doesn't die out. But i almost wish i would have gotten into airsoft. I could have a crazy top of the line gun for what i've spent on my gear and ammo doesn't cost crap compared to paint. Any tips on getting paintball started in an area where no more than 15 people go?
jordan_payne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM #38
MAT8686

I agree it is the economy, but it is finally on a start to rebounding. As to airsoft, it's cheaper to play and do, and feels more "realsim" but when you shoot or get shot, well that takes it all out again. Getting shot by a little plastic BB that doesn't leave a mark makes cheating easy, and realism disappear. Paintballs leave a nice big mark, and a loud whap when they hit you. Plus who doesn't love eating a ball because they got nailed in the mouth. I think if fields bring down prices, and more people volunteer to help out the field upkeep / reffing, it could help bring back the drop in players.
MAT8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 AM #39
spencdude28
"Hammer"

spencdude28 supports Team VICIOUS
spencdude28 is for the Gunfight
Boooo
Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whore for a hug.

TEAM 51
spencdude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 PM #40
ClarkeRich

-PBC Greenville
-Firelake
-Red Fox

And airsoft has ruined paintball.

APPLY HERE: Iran needs new suicide bombers
All the good ones are gone.
ClarkeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:41 PM #41
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
About the fields getting organized...That's what happened in Maine with the MRPL (Maine Recreational Paintball League) however after a key person died, it started to fall apart and eventually disbanded. But for the few years it was operational it was a huge success and paintball in the state grew dramatically.
I think it is time for this to come back, only slightly different.

- 1WD > 4WD > 2WD
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 AM #42
DefStatic

A few things I would like to say... Most of this applies to woodsball...

Volunteering is a necessity. Any field that would turn down volunteers deserves to fail. Finding volunteers to help cleanup/prepare/rebuild/teardown stuff is typically easier. Finding volunteers to ref is tough. For woodsball, fields need "Trusted" players as refs if they can't afford refs. One on each team.

Players need to learn to conserve paint. I can get a box of paint and make it last a month of Saturdays.

Fields need to work together when it comes to big events. While it is a business, competition is not needed. Most of us play in areas where its tough enough to keep one good field around, let alone multiple ones.

Field Paint... Fields need to find a way to keep Field Paint to a good, medium quality paint for around $45 to $50 a case. If someone needs stuff that is more like $85 a case, then find some way to keep such a paint or let them bring there own, as long as they can prove why they need it or have it approved, and prove it is that paint and not some knock off. There are exceptions for FS paint, so why not?

Gun sales and pro-shops? Gone. The internet is the way. Bookstores are going OOB. Video Stores are going OOB. Music sotres are going OOB. It is the natural progression. I am sorry to anyone who lost their proshop, but that is how things progress. Anyone think about the thousands of tellers who lost their jobs because of ATMs? No? Didn't think so. Not too many people think about that when they use an ATM. But it did.

Airsoft and Paintball need to stop competing. I learned something the other day. I used to argue on YouTube about videos comparing Speedball to Tactical Airsoft (although I will say it again, most Airsoft vids I see look like speedball to me with realistic bunkers, LOL). I did not understand why someone would compare the way Speedball is played to Tactical Airsoft. We have had Woodsball/Scenario for decades. Then I was speaking to a buddy in Texas, and he told me he liked Airsoft because of the realism and did not understand paintball because of Speedball. Then I showed him mil-sim markers and markers made to look mil-sim, and explained that Paintball has had woodsball/tactical/scenario play forever. He never knew anything outside of Speedball existed for Paintball.

For those who have to travel 2 hours to a field, this is what we call an opportunity. Risky, but still an opportunity.

- 1WD > 4WD > 2WD
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote