Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 AM #1
Jdeason89
 
 
Jdeason89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
whats the big deal with blind firing?

i was at a place where they were calling players out for blind firing when all they where realy doing doing was laying cover to move. they couldnt see there opponent but knew there general location. if people want a game that is as close to real as its going to get then blind firing is a must. i beat my last dollar if you guys where in a real fire fight you would blind fire like crazy to stay behind cover but still at the same time lay down cover fire for you or your team mates to move under. blind firing is important to every combat situation
__________________
the m-1 garand is the greatest battle implement ever devised -george patton

the invert mini the greatest little marker ever devised -me

im lucky enough to own both!!!!!
Jdeason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2009, 07:00 AM #2
Pyrate Jim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the group W bench
Paintball is not combat.
You want real, go enlist.

You want to play a game, play by the rules and keep it safe.
__________________
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
A stockgun club since 1992, now in 16 States & Canada
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 AM #3
Polly101
 
 
Polly101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
go play airsoft
__________________
TAMPA BAY DAMAGE DM8


KILLING FOR SoManc!
Proudly sponsored by dye
Polly101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM #4
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat
 
rammstein_5v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: stl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
Paintball is not combat.
You want real, go enlist.

You want to play a game, play by the rules and keep it safe.
Might be hard to enlist nowadays.

Anyways its a matter of safety. If you can't see where your balls are going or where you're shooting you could shoot dead players, spectators, refs, animals, etc.
__________________
Cavalry

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 AM #5
headcase
Me like toys
 
headcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: City of Big Shoulders
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammstein_5v2 View Post
Might be hard to enlist nowadays.

Anyways its a matter of safety. If you can't see where your balls are going or where you're shooting you could shoot dead players, spectators, refs, animals, etc.
Which is exactly the same reason that it is frowned upon in the military as well, regardless of what the movies tell you.
__________________
Chicago Area Paintball Club & Thread -- Chicago Pump Thread
DC Viking -- DC Milled Excal -- Twister E-Cocker -- ShockTech E-Cocker -- Revenge V2 LEs -- Blazer -- Automag -- J2L -- Pyre
headcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM #6
loneturtle
CHAN#88
 
loneturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: brooklyn, ny
blind fire is for gears of war video games. join the big boys and look at where you are shooting. You want to lay down some cover fire, pop up real quick and squeeze off a few shots. I know for a fact that is you pop up real fast other players will duck real fast.
__________________
TEAM SPONSOR:....Planet Eclipse....VICIOUS....DSSPAINTBALL....Grindhouse Sports....the other site :)

https://www.facebook.com/bklynkos
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3152363
http://www.youtube.com/user/brooklynkos
loneturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 AM #7
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.
 
throw em up[rex]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dat 843 s'ville,SC!!!
Blind Firing is a big NO-NO! If you just shoot all willy-nilly your probley gonna hit a ref and they will get mad, a spectator who may have a camera in their hand and you could hit it and then pay for it, dead players hate to be shot. So just don't do it. Play by the rules and play safe.
__________________
In most things we do, the biggest battle comes within.
-Charles "MASK" Lewis, Jr.(R.I.P.)


bang bang....GTFO!
throw em up[rex] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM #8
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneturtle View Post
blind fire is for gears of war video games. join the big boys and look at where you are shooting. You want to lay down some cover fire, pop up real quick and squeeze off a few shots. I know for a fact that is you pop up real fast other players will duck real fast.


No they wouldn't.
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 AM #9
Pain-N-Panic
 
 
Pain-N-Panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
If i'm posted up and someone pops out real fast....I start to shoot real fast! lol
Pain-N-Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM #10
loneturtle
CHAN#88
 
loneturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: brooklyn, ny
tru and if i fire at u, ur *** is gonna duck as well.
__________________
TEAM SPONSOR:....Planet Eclipse....VICIOUS....DSSPAINTBALL....Grindhouse Sports....the other site :)

https://www.facebook.com/bklynkos
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3152363
http://www.youtube.com/user/brooklynkos
loneturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM #11
PXK24
 
 
PXK24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cincinnati
All the fields that I play at prohibit blind firing. They will warn you once and then toss you. As they have stated above, work on pop-up shooting skills.
__________________
X.O. Sinister Ops Scenario Paintball Team

Sinister Ops

Paintball Country
PXK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM #12
FatalKitty
I has the awesome
 
FatalKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sharpie
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
first off... it's paintball, a SPORT - not combat or war. There are rules, many of them are for fairness, some of them are for safety. The blind fire rules is for safety. If you cannot see what you are shooting, you could be hitting referees, eliminated players, injured or unprotected players/spectators, or your own team.

the field owner or group ref should have gone over the rules with you before the start of the day and maybe again after lunch to make sure you knew the rules... I suggest next time that you ask about the rules or safety meeting before the day starts so that everyone is on the same page.
__________________
FatalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM #13
pans101
 
 
pans101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
If you can see where you are firing it is not blind firing. If you are shooting at the edge of a bunker or tree anticipating someone coming out it is not blind fire.

If you stick your marker out from behind a tree, bunker or thru a hole in a board and can not see what you are shooting, it would be blind fire. This would not be allowed at the fields I have played or reffed.

You used the words BLIND FIRING, but the way you are describing it would be fine at the fields I play and have reffed at. The key is if you can see where the balls are going.

Last edited by pans101 : 07-09-2009 at 10:27 AM.
pans101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM #14
SKI008
Fear my Join Date
 
SKI008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
I was playing a bunker a few weeks ago and another player ran up to it on the opposite side. As I went over to bunker him he jammed his tippman over the top of the bunker without looking and hit me in the face with his barrel. He then proceeded to shoot wildly while swinging the gun over the top, hitting me in the shoulders and throat with shots as well as with his flailing barrel. That could have been even worse had this idiot stuck his barrel under my mask or knocked my mask off with his wild swinging. That is why blind firing is dangerous and not allowed.
__________________
This line is in remembrance of Jared Wilson, friend and paintball teammate who died on 7/27/2005.
My Old Feedback +1/-0 |
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 PM #15
gjcb
Long live Sunday
 
gjcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Charm City
gjcb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gjcb owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
gjcb plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
I was playing a bunker a few weeks ago and another player ran up to it on the opposite side. As I went over to bunker him he jammed his tippman over the top of the bunker without looking and hit me in the face with his barrel. He then proceeded to shoot wildly while swinging the gun over the top, hitting me in the shoulders and throat with shots as well as with his flailing barrel. That could have been even worse had this idiot stuck his barrel under my mask or knocked my mask off with his wild swinging. That is why blind firing is dangerous and not allowed.
bahaha i would quote this in my sig... but i have no space
__________________
ΚΣ
AEKDB
"Leave No Doubt": EZ Factory
gjcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 PM #16
SnOzBeRrIeZ (Banned)
 
SnOzBeRrIeZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: *330*
wow, u are the biggest noob on here since pietoastmoose
SnOzBeRrIeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 AM #17
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it
 
DyePaintballer2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Terrain eval, standby
DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeason89 View Post
i was at a place where they were calling players out for blind firing when all they where realy doing doing was laying cover to move. they couldnt see there opponent but knew there general location. if people want a game that is as close to real as its going to get then blind firing is a must. i beat my last dollar if you guys where in a real fire fight you would blind fire like crazy to stay behind cover but still at the same time lay down cover fire for you or your team mates to move under. blind firing is important to every combat situation
Shut the **** up. You don't know jack **** about how the military operates. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.

If you think blind firing is essential, stop playing paintball right now and for God's sake, never even ****ing think about enlisting.
__________________
ST GDT Crew: OVER 10,000

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 AM #18
Draxxus5577
MillerJ
 
Draxxus5577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rainy ****ing washington
Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
Shut the **** up. You don't know jack **** about how the military operates. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.

If you think blind firing is essential, stop playing paintball right now and for God's sake, never even ****ing think about enlisting.
QFT
__________________
Seattle Sinister
Draxxus5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM #19
JC-Splat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
JC-Splat is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.
Definitely true. Especially in the political climate these days. The opposition (of whomever's in power, Bush OR Obama) as well as the media is just drooling over the opportunity to report on some "atrocity".

Asides from that, you can really see the difference in the combat videos of the Middle East. On our side, you've got Marines picking their shots and taking out the opfor. On their side, you've got the nutcases shooting like mad (innaccurately) and hitting squat. I think there were more of our guys killed through IED's than enemy fire.
JC-Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM #20
ride4life
2k4'r
 
ride4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
ride4life helped look for balloons
(not sure if said) blind firing makes the game unfair. it makes you extremely hard to hit, as to if you had your head poped out there is more area to hit, which also makes games more exciting.

although im getting the feeling that you are one of the people that camp out in the farthest back bunker, closest to the starting box.
__________________
GEAR BAG SALE!!!

Adrenalin LCD
ride4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM #21
tipp-top
Wit is educated insolence
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Aim, Shoot, Hit, Your Out


Doesn't matter how it happens
tipp-top is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump