Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 AM #1
Jdeason89

whats the big deal with blind firing?

i was at a place where they were calling players out for blind firing when all they where realy doing doing was laying cover to move. they couldnt see there opponent but knew there general location. if people want a game that is as close to real as its going to get then blind firing is a must. i beat my last dollar if you guys where in a real fire fight you would blind fire like crazy to stay behind cover but still at the same time lay down cover fire for you or your team mates to move under. blind firing is important to every combat situation

the invert mini the greatest little marker ever devised -me

im lucky enough to own both!!!!!
Jdeason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2009, 07:00 AM #2
Pyrate Jim

Paintball is not combat.
You want real, go enlist.

You want to play a game, play by the rules and keep it safe.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 AM #3
Polly101

go play airsoft

KILLING FOR SoManc!
Proudly sponsored by dye
Polly101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM #4
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
Paintball is not combat.
You want real, go enlist.

You want to play a game, play by the rules and keep it safe.
Might be hard to enlist nowadays.

Anyways its a matter of safety. If you can't see where your balls are going or where you're shooting you could shoot dead players, spectators, refs, animals, etc.

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 AM #5
headcase
Me like toys

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammstein_5v2 View Post
Might be hard to enlist nowadays.

Anyways its a matter of safety. If you can't see where your balls are going or where you're shooting you could shoot dead players, spectators, refs, animals, etc.
Which is exactly the same reason that it is frowned upon in the military as well, regardless of what the movies tell you.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM #6
loneturtle
CHAN#88

blind fire is for gears of war video games. join the big boys and look at where you are shooting. You want to lay down some cover fire, pop up real quick and squeeze off a few shots. I know for a fact that is you pop up real fast other players will duck real fast.

https://www.facebook.com/bklynkos
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3152363
http://www.youtube.com/user/brooklynkos
loneturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 AM #7
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.

Blind Firing is a big NO-NO! If you just shoot all willy-nilly your probley gonna hit a ref and they will get mad, a spectator who may have a camera in their hand and you could hit it and then pay for it, dead players hate to be shot. So just don't do it. Play by the rules and play safe.

bang bang....GTFO!
throw em up[rex] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM #8
badneighbors3
iPaint

badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneturtle View Post
blind fire is for gears of war video games. join the big boys and look at where you are shooting. You want to lay down some cover fire, pop up real quick and squeeze off a few shots. I know for a fact that is you pop up real fast other players will duck real fast.

No they wouldn't.

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 AM #9
Pain-N-Panic

If i'm posted up and someone pops out real fast....I start to shoot real fast! lol
Pain-N-Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM #10
loneturtle
CHAN#88

tru and if i fire at u, ur *** is gonna duck as well.

https://www.facebook.com/bklynkos
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3152363
http://www.youtube.com/user/brooklynkos
loneturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM #11
PXK24

All the fields that I play at prohibit blind firing. They will warn you once and then toss you. As they have stated above, work on pop-up shooting skills.

Sinister Ops

Paintball Country
PXK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM #12
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
first off... it's paintball, a SPORT - not combat or war. There are rules, many of them are for fairness, some of them are for safety. The blind fire rules is for safety. If you cannot see what you are shooting, you could be hitting referees, eliminated players, injured or unprotected players/spectators, or your own team.

the field owner or group ref should have gone over the rules with you before the start of the day and maybe again after lunch to make sure you knew the rules... I suggest next time that you ask about the rules or safety meeting before the day starts so that everyone is on the same page.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM #13
pans101

If you can see where you are firing it is not blind firing. If you are shooting at the edge of a bunker or tree anticipating someone coming out it is not blind fire.

If you stick your marker out from behind a tree, bunker or thru a hole in a board and can not see what you are shooting, it would be blind fire. This would not be allowed at the fields I have played or reffed.

You used the words BLIND FIRING, but the way you are describing it would be fine at the fields I play and have reffed at. The key is if you can see where the balls are going.

Last edited by pans101 : 07-09-2009 at 10:27 AM.
pans101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM #14
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
I was playing a bunker a few weeks ago and another player ran up to it on the opposite side. As I went over to bunker him he jammed his tippman over the top of the bunker without looking and hit me in the face with his barrel. He then proceeded to shoot wildly while swinging the gun over the top, hitting me in the shoulders and throat with shots as well as with his flailing barrel. That could have been even worse had this idiot stuck his barrel under my mask or knocked my mask off with his wild swinging. That is why blind firing is dangerous and not allowed.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 PM #15
gjcb
Long live Sunday

gjcb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gjcb owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
gjcb plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
I was playing a bunker a few weeks ago and another player ran up to it on the opposite side. As I went over to bunker him he jammed his tippman over the top of the bunker without looking and hit me in the face with his barrel. He then proceeded to shoot wildly while swinging the gun over the top, hitting me in the shoulders and throat with shots as well as with his flailing barrel. That could have been even worse had this idiot stuck his barrel under my mask or knocked my mask off with his wild swinging. That is why blind firing is dangerous and not allowed.
bahaha i would quote this in my sig... but i have no space
gjcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 PM #16
SnOzBeRrIeZ (Banned)

wow, u are the biggest noob on here since pietoastmoose
SnOzBeRrIeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 AM #17
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeason89 View Post
i was at a place where they were calling players out for blind firing when all they where realy doing doing was laying cover to move. they couldnt see there opponent but knew there general location. if people want a game that is as close to real as its going to get then blind firing is a must. i beat my last dollar if you guys where in a real fire fight you would blind fire like crazy to stay behind cover but still at the same time lay down cover fire for you or your team mates to move under. blind firing is important to every combat situation
Shut the **** up. You don't know jack **** about how the military operates. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.

If you think blind firing is essential, stop playing paintball right now and for God's sake, never even ****ing think about enlisting.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 AM #18
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
Shut the **** up. You don't know jack **** about how the military operates. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.

If you think blind firing is essential, stop playing paintball right now and for God's sake, never even ****ing think about enlisting.
QFT
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM #19
JC-Splat

JC-Splat is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SOLDIER/MARINE THAT WOULD RISK BLIND FIRING. Why? Ever heard of civilians? If you can't see what you're shooting at, then you aren't hitting your target.
Definitely true. Especially in the political climate these days. The opposition (of whomever's in power, Bush OR Obama) as well as the media is just drooling over the opportunity to report on some "atrocity".

Asides from that, you can really see the difference in the combat videos of the Middle East. On our side, you've got Marines picking their shots and taking out the opfor. On their side, you've got the nutcases shooting like mad (innaccurately) and hitting squat. I think there were more of our guys killed through IED's than enemy fire.
JC-Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM #20
ride4life
2k4'r

ride4life helped look for balloons
(not sure if said) blind firing makes the game unfair. it makes you extremely hard to hit, as to if you had your head poped out there is more area to hit, which also makes games more exciting.

although im getting the feeling that you are one of the people that camp out in the farthest back bunker, closest to the starting box.

Adrenalin LCD
ride4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM #21
tipp-top
Wit is educated insolence

Aim, Shoot, Hit, Your Out

Doesn't matter how it happens
tipp-top is offline   Reply With Quote