PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 PM #484
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHTOWER View Post
actually jf was NEVER 101ST we were on the right side of the beach ... you know the area .. thats where the german line fell and the allies broke thru ..
that was our area of responsiblitly and we did our job
the beach fell and the allies if i have it correct controlled 3 outta the 5 flags on the beach when the whistle blew
so i think we more then backed up our smack talk and seeing how the germans were never able to get to our base using the beach after the game started proves it as well .... i believe your hq was blown up got news for ya .. that was a jf member who did it and i believe your general was a little upset to say the least when he found out who did it seeing how he was in your base the ENTIRE GAME feeding intel and then was asked to help protect the general lol
the germans won the game and the allies lost nothing i can say about that except good job
I was in command of gold beach. which was the middle of the 5. And it never fell. the beach to our left fell but only in time to get the last points as i recall. I cant take anything away from the allies on the beach its gotta be rough to play in the sun for 2 hours.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 PM #485
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

i dont know about airborne points but from where i was(Gold Beach) the allies scored twice on the far left beach and once on the one left of gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessJersey View Post
Then, given the fact that some of the beaches were neutral at the scoring times how can the scores add up to 20?

That's why I'm asking for a check.

If the score at the end of the beach as 17-3 with the 101st bridges being counted in (I don't know their points either), then it's different. But theres no way that the score as 17-3 from the beach alone.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-23-2009, 06:46 PM #486
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Appreciate the info. Meaning Allies had at least 4 points at the end of the beach, not including 101st points...
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM #487
AHaydt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
a good amount of drama this year but still the best overall. was anyone there on the frontlines saturday night on german side here? it was nuts!
I loved getting shot by you guys, despite my neutral glow stick. :p
Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 AM #488
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
I was on patrol in the back field with my buddy and this problem led to a fist fight. Some guy was sitting on a log, apparently out, but he got shot up by another squad who was clearing the area and what started as a verbal argument about them not seeing his barrel condom vs why was he still on the field, turned into a shoving match with punches being thrown and people trying to pull the two of them apart. We were about 50 yards away and the refs quickly closed in on the situation so we moved on and didn't involve ourselves, but if the jerk had just left the field instead of sitting there, then the other group wouldn't have shot him and the whole situation wouldn't have happened. That was the only altercation I saw all weekend and could have been so easily avoided. Get off the field! Dont just sit there! We couldn't tell whether he was out from where we were so I don't his excuse that his barrel condom was on is very credible, esp since his gun wasn't obviously up and he wasn't making any effort to leave the field.

That's just how we saw it from our angle. I'm sure there are other versions, but he sure wasn't going any place.

Sounds like you are right here Benny... If a player is out of the game they should be OUT of the PLAYING AREA. Now if the player is injured or otherwise making an effort to move off the field then that would be a different story. But just sitting there.. sorry, they are going to get shot, plain and simple to me.

Oh and it is paintball... you are going to be shot anyway. I never understood why people freak out when they are shot. Now getting spanked with 5 or more rounds from 3 feet when you are laying prone facing the other way is a bit much.... OUCH. Especially when you find out it is one of your bros from another team..... you know who you are but hey, even after you put your hand up, people from across the way only see movement and they react. Plus with 1700 guns on the field potentially facing your way, there could be some paint in the air yet... so take it like a stand up player and just keep walking with gun in air (barrel bag on) and shhhhhh....
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-24-2009, 07:41 AM #489
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlPoulos View Post
stark is deployed at the time but he is still with us: )

As for the SPY talk:

my .02 cents

Regardless if a game is being played or not reputable teams build up trust this trust is highly coveted by outside players and teams with a lesser reputation.. We hear that there are no hard feelings and all but we still feel like we must beat into the ground the fact that a game is in fact a game, and at the end of the day,(personally at least) I would rather have that trust in tact than to spend it on a some mission in a single game to gain entry to a base or what not. I may not be choosing my words correctly, but Im hoping everyone gets the gist of what I am saying..

In simplistic terms I think we are a team that values trust and regardless of who/ current or past teammates betrays that trust.. it hurts us.

I dont know if this small rant is warranted but I felt putting into words.. sort of what I was feeling.
Sorry for my late chime in here but I totally agree with this... I would not want any of my fellow teammates playing the role of spy. It would ruin everything we have worked so hard to build.. an honorable, hard hitting, well trained group that just happens to be part of an alliance of teams that are equally skilled and equally honorable. Waaaay too much at stake...

Now to my friends outside our alliance that have played spy; You gotta do what you gotta do but tell the truth... do people trust you after finding out you are a traitor DB? lol (Can't mention any names here but they know who they are...)
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 AM #490
bruno v
Reservoir Dogs

I was one of the guards outside the party and you two guys were funny. Maybe next year we can get together and creat a role play for you two as gate crashers at the reception.

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners
Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports *
Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 AM #491
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno v View Post
I was one of the guards outside the party and you two guys were funny. Maybe next year we can get together and creat a role play for you two as gate crashers at the reception.
Yeah, it was fun trying to get into that party but I'd rather have an invitation so I can feel like an important person instead of some guy trying to work the bouncer at da club.

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM #492
Col. Macoallini
The Duce's Attaché

It is good to know that the RSI's "gift" was used correctly during the game. Eldon does love his rare and exotic items. We were glad to oblige him.

Now to more important matters; we are pushing southward and reclaiming Italy and we are sending the makings of the Italian Expeditionary Force to Northern France for Operation Sealion.

Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM #493
Splatu
Just BRING it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac!d View Post
Yeah, it was fun trying to get into that party but I'd rather have an invitation so I can feel like an important person instead of some guy trying to work the bouncer at da club.
Dude it was hot as hell in there! To be honest, if you didn't have a specific role to play it was quite boring too.

Next year I suggest holding it in an air-conditioned tent or the open pavillion.
Ballin Since 85
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 AM #494
deadpooll
Loudmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatu View Post
Dude it was hot as hell in there! To be honest, if you didn't have a specific role to play it was quite boring too.

Next year I suggest holding it in an air-conditioned tent or the open pavillion.
They were going to hold it in the Pavillion which is open. However, the rain caused Skirmish to move it. We were just lucky enough that Tippmann offered us their tent for the event.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 PM #495
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatu View Post

Ha. It looked like a lot of fun from the outside, but to be perfectly honest I just wanted to see Frenchie and Laura Croft while also mingling with the "in" crowd.

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."

Last edited by Ac!d : 07-24-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:56 PM #496
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Congrats to all the players and the German Army...

Although I was not there, my team was in attendance and I wanted to say a few things.
I have heard Great reports that things went Well and I wanted to take a minute, while on vacation, to say Congrats to all the Players and Skirmish for putting on another Great and safe event.
Even with the Small amount of bickering about spies and hopper tape, I have not heard of any incidents that would put a black mark on the sport and this is GOOD.

Although I am not a huge third entity kind of player, I am happy this game was able to put something together for all kinds of players and they ALL seemed to have had fun.

As for the Player that used an old jersey from the former team they played for I say, AWESOME JOB!
Don’t listen to the complaints. If the opportunity was given to the same team complaining or any team, they would take it and attempt to make the difference that would be considered WINNING...
Other teams have done the SAME Similar thing many times in the past, even stationing a player in the enemy base, out of normal uniform, at all costs to steal a prop with out any one knowing. This is NOT cheating, but taking the game to the Extreme and doing what it takes to bring your side a win. If you need a place to hang your hat, TEM will oblige.

This is the EXACT Reason that TEM does not have playing jerseys. We have field walking shirts and look good wearing what ever. WE do not need to make out selves know at all times to everyone, or have an old member take his shirt and use it against us. It there is any TEM shirts and jerseys on the field, they are most likely not TEM.

As for the rules and playing according to them at events. To better play any game, you must know the rules. Read the rules, ask questions, be at player briefings but KNOW THE RULES. The Statement "If it is not in the rules then???" Well that’s how it goes. Read the rules and play the game accordingly. If it is NOT in the rules, then ask some one and then go for it.

AND for the statement of shooting unarmed players, you sire are a glue eater. If you are on the field, with Marker, with out marker, dressed like the pope or Jesus, you are fair game. If you think that you are going to walk around, with out a REF jersey on and not get shot, you are idiot. I like shooting idiots and will in every case. Unless you are walking with your Marker up, Arm, Arms, Hands, calling yourself out, then you are going to get shot. If you do not answer me when I ask if you are out, then I will shoot you.
Complaining about this is like crying about a baseball getting hit AT you in a baseball game. If you are reading this and think I am wrong, then please take up another sport. PLEASE.
WOW.
To Pete Murphy. Congrats on the Win. You have come from the losses, never gave up and then brought in the win. I hope that you have learned the Greatest of leaders are only great because of the Great players he have to command.
That was good to yank the carpet out from under the Krupp Corp. and keep your self safe. Nice job.

It was interesting to be watching this game come together from the distance and am sorry that I could not attend. I did ask Paul nicely to move the date of ION this year to revolve around my vacation, but he said no. And now that Kenny wouldn’t even let Paul and Terry in the Krupp Pole Party Tent, he will never talk to me again.
Now that was Great Security…

LMAO

To all my friends that I missed at this event, Sorry and see you all soon.
Again, thank you for all playing with honor and for making it interesting even if it was not considered honorable. Thank you all for being safe and I will see most of you at Deadwood or at a field somewhere soon enough.
Take care.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:58 PM #497
Capt. Malone

Ohh and...

Oh and thank you all for the moment by moment text messages during the game, keeping me informed (Rubbing it in that I could not be there). That was Fun yet Painfull. LMAO
Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 PM #498
Sardonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHaydt View Post
I loved getting shot by you guys, despite my neutral glow stick. :p
Haha! It was pitch black so yea that doesnt help. Plus I dont think a lot of us knew what those meant (I didnt shoot at them though).

There was a wooden bunker thing and on one side were the allies and the other germans. it was intense! I got lit up point blank by like 4 allies. it was awesome for real
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 PM #499
Capt. Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
Sorry for my late chime in here but I totally agree with this... I would not want any of my fellow teammates playing the role of spy. It would ruin everything we have worked so hard to build.. an honorable, hard hitting, well trained group that just happens to be part of an alliance of teams that are equally skilled and equally honorable. Waaaay too much at stake...

Now to my friends outside our alliance that have played spy; You gotta do what you gotta do but tell the truth... do people trust you after finding out you are a traitor DB? lol (Can't mention any names here but they know who they are...)
True to a point. To have a team that can and will play every aspect of the game, you will have players willing to be a spy for you at some point. I would never tolerate a rouge play to go and spy against us. That would get them a one way ticket to the sidewalk. BUT if I can put a player in the role of a spy for our side in a game that allows for spies, then it will be done and I am sure other teams would do the same. For games like ION, the spy business is what it is, a dirt job. How ever it can make or break a game. Take Shield's for instance. AS much As I don’t trust that SOB, he is good at what he does. VERY GOOD.
To say that NO team would employ spies is not true. If it could be done to bring a your side a win, it will be done. I am sure that there will never be a General to make the statement that he would NEVER use spies, from what ever team, to get information and earn an upper hand on your opponent. To employ spies from other teams or from other players yet make this statement is being very hypocritical.
We have all seen Spies, some on such teams upset with this practice, WIN MVP for their devious actions.
How fast some have forgot what this role has done for us in other games.
It is what it is...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 PM #500
HIGHTOWER
Fighting Five-Oh Co-Capt

i think ppl are confusing the point ... there is nothing wrong with spies that is and should remain part of the game

i think the point ppl are getting confused about is if your TEAM that you belong to is playing for a side then your loyalty should be for that side .. not that 1 player from say team "a" decides to go against his own team and side and spy for the other side is in my opinion completely wrong and i would not want someone like that on my team ... but if your able to get one of your own guys from team "a" on to the other side and spy i see nothing wrong with that at all ... i think i got my point in and i made sense lol
Old 07-24-2009, 06:04 PM #501
Capt. Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHTOWER View Post
i think ppl are confusing the point ... there is nothing wrong with spies that is and should remain part of the game

i think the point ppl are getting confused about is if your TEAM that you belong to is playing for a side then your loyalty should be for that side .. not that 1 player from say team "a" decides to go against his own team and side and spy for the other side is in my opinion completely wrong and i would not want someone like that on my team ... but if your able to get one of your own guys from team "a" on to the other side and spy i see nothing wrong with that at all ... i think i got my point in and i made sense lol
I dont think that memeber in question was a part of the team that he had the shirt for. I aggree with everyone. The player that goes against the team on the rouge spy game is wrong. Never against you own team.
Oh well.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 PM #502
minimac301
Matty-O!!!!!

minimac301 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtx2003 View Post
Very sorry to all the Germans that that happened...

McCrady is an ***hole with no honor... he has to cheat and play a low game to be any decent because he has no skill. These are the very actions that put a sour taste in everyone's mouth and makes the game look bad.

The thing that ticks me off the most was earlier that day the we tech'd his Angel for him and gave him brand new parts for free and he wants to pull this crap...

Again Sorry Pete... for the future just make sure you know for sure which Ragnarok player it is like Me or Tyr, or Thor... dont let any random player in the base because I'm sorry to say there are players we kicked off the team for this exact thing and they still have possession of our jersey.

China
1....China...if you have a problem with me then speak to me personally. 2: I never had yellow tape on my wrist. 3: I never used the ragnarok jersey to sneak into the base. I was asked to do a mission and i had that on way before the mission was given to me.

and if anyone else wants to have words with me PM me. I will talk to anyone of you like an ADULT and not bash you like some people have already!!