Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 PM #22
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Also, I think you should change your maifesto to choose one specific culture. Do you mean the entire world, or just American? There's a difference. In Europe, where nationality and ethnicity matters (not like here where every whitey is Irish, German, and whatever, and the most ethnic we get is getting drunk on st pats/oktoberfest/whatever), whites suffered a lot from other whites too.
This is a fair point. I guess I should limit this to an American paradigm, since, say Schoenberg and others like him probably have lots experience with grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2K4-SuperHonkey View Post
As far as discussions go, I try not to have them OTI. Not that I'm calling you an idiot, but I can usually tell if someone's an idiot by how long they take to respond to a point or counter point IRL. Idiots don't get the privilege to continue a conversation because I don't like headaches. That, and you can really measure a person by how well they can defend an arguement, and it makes a discussion that much deeper and meaningful if it's quick, intelligent, and full of thoughts and ideas. I just don't get the speed and response I like in an intelligent conversation on a message board or AIm or something.
ha, I actually had to look up what OTI meant

I think it's a matter of personal taste, not everyone's a great orator. I feel I fare a little better with the written word.

Last edited by Ando, raider from mx : 07-06-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM #23
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again
 
B2K4-SuperHonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R'lyeh
B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
ha, I actually had to look up what OTI meant

I think it's a matter of personal taste, not everyone's a great orator. I feel I fare a little better with the written word.
I'm the opposite, I think I'm funnier on paper and a better arguer orally, unless I take like a week or two for a thoroughly researched paper or something. I like to treat arguments like speed chess though.
__________________
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM #24
som3 dud3
Hop stars
 
som3 dud3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
But what I'm saying is, one does not need to be from that group in order to still make that relation, and produce an artistic statement from it.
I agree, however from probabilistic standpoint it is more likely for the oppressed to make more relevant sorrowful music.

Edit: I prefer to have loftier discussions in written form, but arguing is more fun IRL.

Double Edit: How long a person takes to respond to something probably has little/no bearing on how intelligent they are.

Last edited by som3 dud3 : 07-06-2009 at 10:26 PM.
som3 dud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM #25
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again
 
B2K4-SuperHonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R'lyeh
B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by som3 dud3 View Post
I agree, however from probabilistic standpoint it is more likely for the oppressed to make more relevant sorrowful music.

Edit: I prefer to have loftier discussions in written form, but arguing is more fun IRL.

Double Edit: How long a person takes to respond to something probably has little/no bearing on how intelligent they are.
No, but it's a good guideline for figuring out how much the other person really knows. I never had an intelligent conversation where the other party took more than a minute or two to come up with a reputable counter point. I mean, there is time limits. If it's two days later and dozens of hours on the internet for the other dude to learn about what he thought he knew, then it wasn't really an arguement in the first place, it was just you talking and the other guy slobbering stupid all over your shirt.
__________________
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 PM #26
som3 dud3
Hop stars
 
som3 dud3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Uninformed doesn't really equate to slobbering stupid on my shirt though.

I'd rather have to wait two days for somebody to do necessary research and take the time to come up with a good argument than somebody to instantly retort some "No ur rong!" in more eloquent form. Point being, even if the person you are arguing with has to research the topic to find a flaw there's still a flaw in your argument.
som3 dud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM #27
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again
 
B2K4-SuperHonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R'lyeh
B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by som3 dud3 View Post
Uninformed doesn't really equate to slobbering stupid on my shirt though.

I'd rather have to wait two days for somebody to do necessary research and take the time to come up with a good argument than somebody to instantly retort some "No ur rong!" in more eloquent form. Point being, even if the person you are arguing with has to research the topic to find a flaw there's still a flaw in your argument.
Lol, I don't have the time or attention span to wait two days, I've got **** to do and I've never had an arguement that needed to go on for that long.

And with that, I too am out. I also have to poop, wash my hands, kill this fly in my room, and then sleep.
__________________
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 PM #28
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
elliott smith was so good and depressed

anyway i think i agree that it's generally true

edit: wait maybe i disagree

human condition being the human condition and all
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM #29
RiPeM
:dodgy:
 
RiPeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPoppinDaddy View Post
**** this thread.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Weird, I've noticed the opposite.
. In music definitely.
RiPeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 PM #30
surge101
Hayley?
 
surge101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

He expresses sorrow in his music with the intensity of suffering itself.
__________________
Inappropriate signature removed.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:14 PM #31
Count Drugula
Temper
 
Count Drugula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post
[IMG]http://gallicwars.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/50centap3007_468x527.jpg[/IM.G]
He expresses sorrow in his music with the intensity of suffering itself.
Way to dumb it down.
__________________
OG ME MUSIC
****ING AWESOME
If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.
Count Drugula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:32 PM #32
RiPeM
:dodgy:
 
RiPeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
^^ bwahahaha
RiPeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:54 PM #33
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPeM View Post
In music definitely.
you're probably just a racist if you've noticed the opposite
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 PM #34
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Based on RiPeM past posting, I think he's just a rockist

which, yeah, is racist, but it's just because he's not very bright, not because he's trying to be racist
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM #35
pb123456789
Forum grouch
 
pb123456789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post

He expresses sorrow in his music with the intensity of suffering itself.
Hi' gr3a' gr3a' gran' daddy got da whip H3 know da sorrow
pb123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:04 PM #36
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb123456789 View Post
Hi' gr3a' gr3a' gran' daddy got da whip H3 know da sorrow
yeah no ones affected by racism anymore, black people are poor because they're lazy
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 PM #37
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 PM #38
pb123456789
Forum grouch
 
pb123456789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
Yeah, god I hated loosing when I was little too. Good thing my grandpa and any other mature person in my life told me to hang on.
pb123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 PM #39
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
everyone on welfare is a cadillac queen
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM #40
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
yeah no ones affected by racism anymore, black people are poor because they're lazy
I Honestly think this is the 100% Truth.

There is so many ways to get educated (for free) and get a good paying job, that being poor and on welfare is a direct result of laziness. I cannot have sympathy for the lazy.

I used to live in the city over from compton (Carson, CA) and whenever i needed to go through compton to get somewhere, i would laugh at the pure stupidity. There are cars in driveways that are cherried out, lowered, on airbags, with fresh rims, but the house its parked at looks like a run down crack house, and the family is obviously on welfare. People need to get their priorities strait.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM #41
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
I Honestly think this is the 100% Truth.

There is so many ways to get educated (for free) and get a good paying job, that being poor and on welfare is a direct result of laziness. I cannot have sympathy for the lazy.

I used to live in the city over from compton (Carson, CA) and whenever i needed to go through compton to get somewhere, i would laugh at the pure stupidity. There are cars in driveways that are cherried out, lowered, on airbags, with fresh rims, but the house its parked at looks like a run down crack house, and the family is obviously on welfare. People need to get their priorities strait.
oh ok

Quote:
Some criticism of welfare states concern the idea that a welfare state makes citizens dependent and less inclined to work. Certain studies indicate there is no association between economic performance and welfare expenditure in developed countries (see A. B. Atkinson, Incomes and the Welfare State, Cambridge University Press, 1995) and that there is no evidence for the contention that welfare states impede progressive social development. R. E. Goodin et al., in The Real Worlds of Welfare Capitalism (Cambridge University Press, 1999), compares the United States, which spends relatively little on social welfare (less than 17 per cent of GDP), with other countries which spend considerably more. This study claims that on some economic and social indicators the United States performs worse than the Netherlands, which has a high commitment to welfare provision.
also learn what "anecdotal evidence" is

Last edited by Ando, raider from mx : 07-07-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM #42
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
I Honestly think this is the 100% Truth.

There is so many ways to get educated (for free) and get a good paying job, that being poor and on welfare is a direct result of laziness. I cannot have sympathy for the lazy.

I used to live in the city over from compton (Carson, CA) and whenever i needed to go through compton to get somewhere, i would laugh at the pure stupidity. There are cars in driveways that are cherried out, lowered, on airbags, with fresh rims, but the house its parked at looks like a run down crack house, and the family is obviously on welfare. People need to get their priorities strait.
yeah people are highly motivated to study when everyone in their family is uneducated, parents don't put stress on it, they need to work to help pay for food, people are getting killed around them, etc
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump