PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM #43
Absolutt (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2K4-SuperHonkey View Post
The beatles and Elvis have sold bajillions more than Jackson did.
ever heard of Thriller?

im talking about Albums sales, the only thing that matters, or that anyone will remember, the beatles dont even have an album that has sold more than 40 million
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 AM #44
The Ethanator
conveniently inconvenient

you guys can call him a retarded child molester all you want, but admit it. that man did more for music in general than any of you could ever do. just because you dont like someone as a person doesnt mean that their music is horrible. a few bad deeds are no reason to condemn a man to endless ridicule when he is one of the most recognized musicians ever to walk the face of the earth. what have you done for the global pop music scene lately? how many albums have you sold? this isnt about honoring what the man did outside of his musical career, or about parading a child molester. he had a family and friends who saw through his faults and loved him just like the rest of us do. and millions of fans to boot. its about honoring his accomplishments in the field of music and performance
Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 AM #45
noob_pwner

hey...
noob_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 AM #46
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again

B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
you guys can call him a retarded child molester all you want, but admit it. that man did more for music in general than any of you could ever do. just because you dont like someone as a person doesnt mean that their music is horrible. a few bad deeds are no reason to condemn a man to endless ridicule when he is one of the most recognized musicians ever to walk the face of the earth. what have you done for the global pop music scene lately? how many albums have you sold? this isnt about honoring what the man did outside of his musical career, or about parading a child molester. he had a family and friends who saw through his faults and loved him just like the rest of us do. and millions of fans to boot. its about honoring his accomplishments in the field of music and performance
A "few bad deeds?" he hung a child from a window and possibly molested and or sexually abused some kids. That's pretty bad in my book. A bunch of Hitler's art just sold for a **** ton of money, does that mean I forgive him because he was a successful artist?
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

Last edited by B2K4-SuperHonkey : 07-09-2009 at 07:24 AM.
B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM #47
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot

Quote:
A "few bad deeds?" he hung a child from a window and possibly molested and or sexually abused some kids. That's pretty bad in my book. A bunch of Hitler's art just sold for a **** ton of money, does that mean I forgive him because he was a successful artist?
hitler didn't slightly endanger one jew and possibly maybe kill 6 million others
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 AM #48
imhungry (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutt View Post
no one will ever A) Be bigger than jacko

B) Sell more records than jacko

and i'm talking -EVER- it will not happen in the next 50 years until some robot comes out with a tone thats so addicticing everyones buying it.
doubtful, HIGHLY doubtful

beatles and elvis may have not sold more, but they sure as **** had a much bigger impact on musical evolution then MJ
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:57 AM #49
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MΩRAL MAN View Post
The more you know about human sexuality, the more it becomes apparent that jackson was asexual.
this tbh

i read someone that sex mortified him
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM #50
Erik Hellhammer
get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
just because he comes out with music doesnt mean its RELEVANT... those albums ****ing sucked

celebrating the LIFE of a ****ed up individual like him shows what is wrong with people's priorities. his career is one thing, but this ****ing circus that we see right now is a waste of time, money and effort
You're a ****ing idiot.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM #51
-PaRaDoX-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
honestly he's done enough to help needy children that in the long run it doesn't matter if he raped a couple
Rape a few, save a thousand.

http://www.last.fm/user/Cass2
-PaRaDoX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM #52
B2K4-SuperHonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
hitler didn't slightly endanger one jew and possibly maybe kill 6 million others
So is that a yes or a no?
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM #53
noob_pwner

...cause he has touched people
noob_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:32 PM #54
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot

Quote:
So is that a yes or a no?
if he was innocent, yes
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM #55
Absolutt (Banned)

In his death jacko will grab #1 all time sales in under 10 years.
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:31 PM #56
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
Yes, let's just ignore the fact that everyone was making fun of this guy non-stop for the past 18 years and he became the biggest punchline ever. He MADE some great music, good for him. It wasn't that relevant until he died. Most people will remember him as the ****ed up individual that he was. The surgeries, the lawsuits, the horrible parenting, etc have become what Michael Jackson is about. People just like to romanticize people when they die, the truth is too hard to deal with, so lets focus on his quality music that was made over 20 years ago.

Stop comparing him to Hitler, its not the same situation.

I enjoy seeing everyone get a massive hard on for Jackson all of a sudden, shows how ****ing stupid most people are.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM #57
TeddyBear1992
OneLoveOneLifeOneChance

TeddyBear1992 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
he's closer to a billion than 500 million, regardless, he's sold an absurdly large number of albums

where did he admit that
Actually last time I checked, 750 million was right between a billion and 500 million.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 PM #58
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

popularity=/= quality

and records sold is a reflection of population numbers as well. Does how much money a movie makes make it a better movie? Is the Hannah Montana movie better than The Godfather?

You people are flat out retarded for arguing about how many cds he's sold. It is completely irrelevant.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 PM #59
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

King of the Hill grows on me every time I manage to sit through a whole episode.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 PM #60
B2K4-SuperHonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
King of the Hill grows on me every time I manage to sit through a whole episode.
Best statement in this thread.
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 PM #61
TeddyBear1992
OneLoveOneLifeOneChance

TeddyBear1992 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Best statement in this thread.
Next to the Michael Jackson is Dead video on the first page. I enjoyed it.
But that's not a statement, that was a video, but they are both good highlights.