Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 AM #1
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
Board problems?

Ok, so when I try to turn on my Legend it goes orange when I press, turns red, then turns off. When I try again it just goes red right away and will not turn off, only way to get it off it take off the battery. What could be causing this? The battery isn't dead, but it isn't new. I will be getting a new battery later just incase, but I don't think that is causing this. Any ideas?
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"

Last edited by badneighbors3 : 07-01-2009 at 11:05 AM.
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 PM #2
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
New battery, same thing. So it isn't the battery.
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM #3
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards
 
asdffdsaasdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis - IL Side
Quote:
Originally Posted by badneighbors3 View Post
Ok, so when I try to turn on my Legend it goes orange when I press, turns red, then turns off. When I try again it just goes red right away and will not turn off, only way to get it off it take off the battery. What could be causing this? The battery isn't dead, but it isn't new. I will be getting a new battery later just incase, but I don't think that is causing this. Any ideas?
sounds like you have a short ... check your wires and solder points for anything unusual.

Also, does the marker function at all?
__________________

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:39 PM #4
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
I did, I was shooting it yesterday and all of the sudden it did that. I did call and they said either the board or the wiring harness is shorting, so I ordered a harness and hoping for the best.
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM #5
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards
 
asdffdsaasdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis - IL Side
Quote:
Originally Posted by badneighbors3 View Post
I did, I was shooting it yesterday and all of the sudden it did that. I did call and they said either the board or the wiring harness is shorting, so I ordered a harness and hoping for the best.
Yeah, usually its not the board if it just happens all of the sudden like that.

Did it get wet/paint inside the marker lately?
__________________

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:52 PM #6
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
No, I was thinking it mighta been the humidity tho. I had to leave gun in garage for 3 days and it was enough to rust the eye screw. But that was like a week ago. went out on sunday when I was shooting. I hope it is the wiring, because that is already on its way.
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 PM #7
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards
 
asdffdsaasdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis - IL Side
Quote:
Originally Posted by badneighbors3 View Post
No, I was thinking it mighta been the humidity tho. I had to leave gun in garage for 3 days and it was enough to rust the eye screw. But that was like a week ago. went out on sunday when I was shooting. I hope it is the wiring, because that is already on its way.
Those older eye screws did tend to rust so thats no big deal .... just be careful not to let it get too horrible inside the allen slot as it will be more of a pain to get out.

Humidity wouldnt cause something like that.

My best are on a harness wire somewhere shorting out.
__________________

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 PM #8
badneighbors3
iPaint
 
badneighbors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *309*
badneighbors3 helped look for balloons
badneighbors3 is playing at Living Legends III
badneighbors3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
badneighbors3 supports Team VICIOUS
I really hope that is it, playing on sunday and it is supposed to be here hopefully tomorrow. Hoping that was the problem.
__________________

"I'm not a malicious person, but the feeling you get from shooting someone with a paintball is beyond words"
badneighbors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump