Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2009, 04:53 PM #1
tornadoslims

Tips for losing weight

Anyone have any good tips for how to lose weight?
tornadoslims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 PM #2
RoGuE9
yeah

RoGuE9 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
eat less and eat better.

run.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM #3
Stupid_Admins
all you can handle

Stupid_Admins posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE9 View Post
eat less and eat better.

run.

Plus eat 6 smaller proportioned meals, instead of 3 large meals.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:22 AM #4
Bobbi
The Paintball Lady

Eat less flour ingredients & potatoes...cut out sodas. Eating 6 smaller proportioned meals as opposed to 3 larger meals is a great suggestion.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 PM #5
HashbrownsSCCD (Banned)

crack
HashbrownsSCCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM #6
bam wannabe
i actually hate Bam.

bam wannabe helped look for balloons
bam wannabe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
abs diet

pbreview feedback
old pbnation feedback

XBL gamertag: lazy ninja PBN
bam wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM #7
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadoslims View Post
Anyone have any good tips for how to lose weight?
Simple. Eat fewer calories than you burn.

Cut 250 calories from your diet per day (that's about 2 tablespoons of mayo and a slice of cheese).
  • Use mustard instead of mayo
  • Get a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger
  • Get a turkey sub instead of an italian sub
  • Drink diet soda or water instead of reg. soda
  • Eat a big apple instead of a candy bar
  • Use skim milk instead of whole or 2%

Burn 250 more calories per day (about 30 minutes of brisk walking or jogging) (or cut 250 MORE calories from your daily diet).

That's 500 calories a day, or a pound a week.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:31 PM #8
PauseBreak1

i lost 30 pounds and went from a 38 to 34 waist by just bicycling and eating less and healthier foods. dont think too hard about it just work out for like an hour a day (find your niche) btw go to the fitness subforum not the ****ing food forum for advice
PauseBreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 PM #9
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
I've lost I don't know how much weight in the last couple years, just trying to get back to being healthy again and here's my take:

No soda. Period.

No fast food. If I go to BK, I get a grilled chicken sammich, no mayo, no fries, and tea.

Grill foods instead of frying them. Come on, it's summer, you oughtta be grilling anyway.

Eat more often, and eat less when you do eat. The biggest mistake one can make is to ignore their stomach. When you're hungry, eat something. Doesn't need to be much, but hunger is your body's way of telling you it needs fuel. If you ignore it and not eat, your metabolism will slow down and you'll actually gain weight.

Which brings me to the my next tip:

Eat negative-calorie foods. Lots of them. Your body actually uses more calories to digest these foods than what they actually provide, but they're packed full of nutrients and they're filling; Here's a list of what I like: Salads are top choice. Spinach, lettuce, onion, pretty much any veggie you'd find in a salad. Just cut back on the dressing and what not. Apples, cantaloupe, grapefruit, pineapple, strawberries, honeydew, oranges, peaches, watermelon... All those really good things that just happen to be in season right now. You can pretty much eat as many fruits and veggies you want.

And of course, exercise. Just walking for an hour or so with my wife every day seems to work for me. Plus I play paintball pretty much every weekend, and my job is exercise in its own right.

All of this has worked for me. Give it a try!
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:54 AM #10
Mr.AmaZiN
A Witty User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Thompson #5150 View Post
I've lost I don't know how much weight in the last couple years, just trying to get back to being healthy again and here's my take:

No soda. Period.

No fast food. If I go to BK, I get a grilled chicken sammich, no mayo, no fries, and tea.

Grill foods instead of frying them. Come on, it's summer, you oughtta be grilling anyway.

Eat more often, and eat less when you do eat. The biggest mistake one can make is to ignore their stomach. When you're hungry, eat something. Doesn't need to be much, but hunger is your body's way of telling you it needs fuel. If you ignore it and not eat, your metabolism will slow down and you'll actually gain weight.

Eat negative-calorie foods. Lots of them. Your body actually uses more calories to digest these foods than what they actually provide, but they're packed full of nutrients and they're filling; Here's a list of what I like: Salads are top choice. Spinach, lettuce, onion, pretty much any veggie you'd find in a salad. Just cut back on the dressing and what not. Apples, cantaloupe, grapefruit, pineapple, strawberries, honeydew, oranges, peaches, watermelon... All those really good things that just happen to be in season right now. You can pretty much eat as many fruits and veggies you want.

And of course, exercise. Just walking for an hour or so with my wife every day seems to work for me. Plus I play paintball pretty much every weekend, and my job is exercise in its own right.

This is great advice that i didn't know about. Seems like I've been taking this whole dieting **** in the wrong direction. Thanks
Mr.AmaZiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM #11
ion4lif3
-.-

I tried a body detox thing that i saw online. All i ate for 4 days was water and apples. lost 5 pounds.
you know... if your into that stuff...
RYZ #33

Invert Mini Package

feedback+7/-0
ion4lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM #12
growstpatch
RIP Towlie

growstpatch is a Supporting Member
growstpatch plays in the PSP
growstpatch plays in the APPA D4 division
whenever im trying to lose weight i just eat once a day and drink lots of water. no need to run or do ab workouts. Just one big meal a day and lots of water.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:12 PM #13
emotive789

Quote:
Originally Posted by growstpatch View Post
whenever im trying to lose weight i just eat once a day and drink lots of water. no need to run or do ab workouts. Just one big meal a day and lots of water.
shut the **** up and get out. you know nothing.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM #14
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by growstpatch View Post
That's almost the exact opposite of what you should do, except:

1. Drinking water is always good (but it won't make you lose weight);
2. You are right that ab workouts will not really help you lose weight (well, any workout is better than no workout);
3. You don't need to exercise to lose weight (but you should anyway)
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM #15
lilassassin

starving yourself completely and doing one meal a day is not the answer to losing weight in a healthy manner and you will end up gaining all the weight back. Yea you will lose some weight by starving yourself but it is not going to help you long term. Your body goes into a starvation type mode and stores fat rather than burn them. It better to eat small meals multiple times a day to keep your metabolism going.

Drinkin water is good, and although wont necessarily help you lose weight, it will prevent you from gaining weight. Also it is a better alternative to soda and beer.

Although running/working out is technically not needed, it will help in keeping your metabolism up and help you lose weight pretty quick.
NJ JESTERS
lilassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 PM #16
josh_did_what
I like sushi.

In the past few months ive lost a little over 45 pounds. losing weight sucks but its not too hard once you get into a groove. i continued to eat the stuff i like to eat, just you have to eat less. tell yourself before you eat "is this what i want?" or "is this going to help me lose weight?" and most of the time you'll put it back down.

another thing i did was, instead of pouring a big bowl of cereal, for example, measure it and make sure you actually take the serving size. a set of measuring cups and a scale will do you a lot of good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauseBreak1 View Post
i lost 30 pounds and went from a 38 to 34 waist by just bicycling and eating less and healthier foods. dont think too hard about it just work out for like an hour a day (find your niche) btw go to the fitness subforum not the ****ing food forum for advice
Good point. i used to hate the gym, but then i got into playing raquetball with my friend, so while i was at the gym, i figured i might as well work out anyway, and now im in a full gym routine and i actually enjoy it. I also began to like running and i try to run 4 miles 3 or 4 times a week.

edit- i went from a 38 to a 32

Last edited by josh_did_what : 07-24-2009 at 01:32 PM.
josh_did_what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:51 PM #17
WdpIan

to go along with Pausebreak1...
I too went from a size 38 to 34.

I cut out soda, candy, etc etc.
I still eat foods I like, but I spend about 1.5-2 hours at the gym every day. running every other day, but I also do alot of Lifting so I havent really lost alot of weight, just body fat.
Swimming, Boxing, Running all burn fat fast!

Eat better
Get more sleep (7 hours or more)
6 small meals a day
Exercise!

...dont worry! I already flagged myself, you ****ing nut jobs.
WdpIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 PM #18
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

holycheezit supports Team VICIOUS
anorexia
Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 PM #19
pbkitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Thompson #5150 View Post

No soda. Period.

This post is full of great advice for the most part, but I just wanted to say there is technically no such thing as a negative-calorie food. All foods you eat provide you with more calories than what it takes your body to break them down which is a minascule amount. Just don't want someone to think all they need to do to be healthy is eat lettuce (which is still great for you)!
pbkitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM #20
phubs (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashbrownsSCCD View Post
crack
hahahaha lol
phubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:04 PM #21
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
well **** im almost down 60lbs in 1 year just by eating 2 meals a day and drinking **** tons of water, and limiting myself to less than 1500 calories, but fast food is ok like 1-2 times a week..