Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-15-2003, 03:48 PM #1
Axel
bang bang bang

has been a member for 10 years
My poor broke omen :(

Well, I tested my omen once out of the couple months I had it (Hey, I got a job ). The thing is, it chopped paint like no tomarrow. I also pinched a ball, so I'm positive it has to be something with the cam feed.. Well I'm not positive, but anyway I wanted to know if it could be anything thats fixable on my part? I hate calling places and shipping stuff

Oh and why the hell did the screw holding the cam feed on rust? I had it sitting in my walk-in closet the whole time and somehow rust got to it. Not too cool.

So any words of advice? I haven't posted in a while.

.evil-paintball.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2003, 04:13 PM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
There is a screw on the Top of the gun...is it tightened?

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:25 PM #3
Axel
bang bang bang

Yup.

Edit: Well, it won't get any tighter.

.evil-paintball.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:46 PM #4
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Well if its rusting then, you may want to remove the pin, remove the rust and oil it a bit. It might not be moving correctly due to the rust.

edit: Oh and breaks are usually due to the recock pressure being too high... the extra pressure can mess up the gun's timing. Breaks can also occur where your velocity pressure is too high. So clean the pin, and properly set your pressures and hopefully you'll be fine. If not contact Evil, they'll fix you right up.

Last edited by Huge : 09-15-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:03 PM #5
Axel
bang bang bang

I know its not my pressure, because I can get some shots off without breaking.

Let me put it this way, its like there is no cam feed and I'm trying to shoot with a VL 200.

I'm asuming the breaks are in the chamber because of the couple pinches, so.

.evil-paintball.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:17 PM #6
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Just because it fires alright a few times doesn't mean your pressure isn't set too high. But assuming its set correctly, and assuming you've cleaned the rust off the pin there's only few other culprits I can think of. The primary one might be the quality of the paint. Which you should be able to check.

Another possiblity is that your breech pad is sticking out a little too much into the chamber making it so that the ball kind of rolls a little back towards the cam feed once the cam feed arms pull away from the ball... That's usually the only way a ball can be pinched in an omen.

Check this by putting some paint in the feed tube and hand cock it a few times. When hand cocking it, it should feel like the ball is squeezing past the bolt as the bolt slides back... pinching occurs if the ball kind of follows the arm back into the cam feed... before the bolt pushs the ball forward.

So look down the main bolt tube and see if the pad is sticking out too much. If you want to sand it down a little be careful when removing it, cause it can tear. I tore mine while simply cleaning it one time.

If none of these things help you out, just call evil... its easier than constantly checking this board for responses that might not even be correct.