Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM #1
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski plays in the APPA D3 division
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
How to: Loading

Hey guys, sorry I have been taking so long to finally get to this but better late than never. Haha. This one will be a little bit shorter since loading is not really something you can go in depth about but here it is anyways. Lets get started!

Loading is a very simple and an essential skill to have. There are few things to keep in when loading paint into your loader. The main objective is simple, get the paint into your loader. That should be step one. Once you have that mastered, then you work on speed. Take a look at this picture...

Notice how I am loading with my gun down. Although loading and shooting is better by far, not all situations are ideal. Plus, for now, its best that you learn to load normally before you shoot and load. You have to walk before you can run. Loading and not shooting at the same time is a great opportunity to talk and listen. Listen to your coaches and teammates, talk to your teammates. Notice how although my gun is down, my head is up. Im looking down field, not down focused on my gun. I can look around the field and listen to coaches. Being able to load without looking is not as easy as it looks however. You must Become comfortable with you marker. This is easily done through practice at home. Take a pod of paint, and practice loading it without looking. Dump the paint back into the pod, and repeat.

My next point. Finger and hand placement on the pod. Look at this picture...

Now, what works for me, is if I pop the lid and put my index finger on the edge of the pod. This allows me to feel the loader once I have it in place, and allows me to direct paint that wants to fly out of the pod. Always keep your hand towards the lid area. I hang my hand on the edge of the pod to feel my loader as well.

Next point is to minimize your guns down time. Take a look at this picture...

Look how I am shooting with one hand and finding the pod with the other. This is very easy. You can focus on your target, pull the pod, pop the lid, all while shooting. This minimizes your guns downtime. Like I said in an earlier topic, you never know when an opportunity or shot is going to open up so you must be ready to take that shot at all times. Refer to my first picture and point, I keep my gun up as much as possible while keeping my head down field.

My next point is to just drop the pod when done. There is no need to waste an extra second and throw your body off balance to try and throw the pod across the field. Just let go of it when your done. It will fall and be out of your way. I promise. Haha. Plus, I have been in situations where I am shooting and see a pod fly out of a bunker that I previously had no idea there was someone in. Now I know someone is there. Never give the other team anything extra, if they dont know where you are, dont help them out.

Next point is to load and shoot at the same time. This is really where putting your index finger over the top of the pod becomes beneficial. Take a look at these pictures...

I focus on my shot and at the same time, I put paint in my loader. I put what would normally be downtime, into time for me to hold a lane and possibly get a kill. What you want to do, is firmly hold your marker with your trigger hand, which will change when shooting righty or lefty, while pulling the trigger. Find your pod, pull the pod, find the tab, get ready to pop it, but not yet. Get the pod up next to your loader, pop it and swing it over into the lid of your loader in one fluid motion. So you want to pop your lid, and swing it into the lid of your loader at the same time. Hold it flush with your loader and once the paint is gone, let go of the pod. It helps to tilt your loader slightly inward towards your bunker to keep your pod out of range of a shot. If your pod gets shot while your holding it, you are technically eliminated. So beware.

Now that you have learned all about loading, go practice! Just put your pack on, load up a pod, pull it from your pack, load it into your loader, thats on your marker with tank and all. Now just load and refill the pod and repeat over and over.

Now to recap...

1. Minimize your guns downtime.
2. Keep your head up while loading. Always.
3. Load and shoot if possible.
4. A speedfeed will dramatically improve your loading abilities.
5. I forgot to put this into the points because I always play with a speedfeed so I forget not everyone does, but pop your loaders lid, and then grab a pod. Its hard to pop your lid with a pod already in your hand.

I hope you guys find this useful and informative. All comments are welcome, both positive and negative. Let me know if you think there is something I missed. Ill add it in.

KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2009, 07:41 PM #2
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
You're a ****in' guru! I'm sure this will help a lot of people
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:43 PM #3
craigmartin04

ill 2ND that
craigmartin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 PM #4
phlemoe
livin'STRONG

phlemoe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
phlemoe supports DLX Technology
KK hey bro you got some kool tips going on. My 6 year old is really diggin' them and learning from them too.

Badass Secondary Honorary, Super-Duper, Awesome, Superman Ain't Got **** On Them, (you get the point) Council:
1.phlemoe- BADASS With one Lung
2. Chuck Norris
phlemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 PM #5
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

in the last picture I have a feeling using the aperture was a big mistake on the photographer's part...but I can't tell for sure.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 PM #6
bigpuertorican88
BIG ell army

bigpuertorican88 helped look for balloons
bigpuertorican88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigpuertorican88 supports Team VICIOUS
bigpuertorican88 supports Sherwood Forest
Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 PM #7
the PMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
in the last picture I have a feeling using the aperture was a big mistake on the photographer's part...but I can't tell for sure.
idk, i think it is a dude in the backround
the PMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM #8
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

looks like a bikini top to me...then again there are some weird ****ers at pb events
Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM #9
oxenstierna123

Nice great help for all the new players.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM #10
Dynamite

I'm guessing after each game, they give you time to walk around and pick up pods?
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:28 AM #11
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

you're a 2k4'er...in 5 years you've never used a pod?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 AM #12
Dynamite

lol nope. Not at all.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:10 AM #13
hurricane68
Paintball for life

hurricane68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
lol nope. Not at all.

what?! how is this possible? pump or something...well ya after the game usually they give you a sec to grab your **** off the field!! (atleast they always do at the field i go to)

btw--once you get used to how you hold and shoot your gun you should be able to know where the hopper is in relation to your face so you dont really have to drop your gun or really take your eyes off the field all that much i picked it up pretty quick the problem i have is the clutch trigger walking...like if some dude just runs across the open field i cant start a fast enough rope to effectively nail him but if i have a second to shoot i can get some nice paint flying, any tips on that?

Fortitudine Vincimus
Never the good son
Dance with the delusional angels of sin
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
hurricane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 AM #14
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
PBStar did it.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:31 AM #15
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane68 View Post
what?! how is this possible? pump or something...well ya after the game usually they give you a sec to grab your **** off the field!! (atleast they always do at the field i go to)

btw--once you get used to how you hold and shoot your gun you should be able to know where the hopper is in relation to your face so you dont really have to drop your gun or really take your eyes off the field all that much i picked it up pretty quick the problem i have is the clutch trigger walking...like if some dude just runs across the open field i cant start a fast enough rope to effectively nail him but if i have a second to shoot i can get some nice paint flying, any tips on that?

aim in front of him, where you think hes going...i know its hard to do, but if actually shoot at him your shots will be falling behind him so shoot in front of him and let him run into it instead. maybe that little bit of time will let you get a better string going in front of him.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:18 AM #16
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
aim in front of him, where you think hes going...i know its hard to do, but if actually shoot at him your shots will be falling behind him so shoot in front of him and let him run into it instead. maybe that little bit of time will let you get a better string going in front of him.
"leading the target" or for you old school gamers "lag shooting"

"...I had to be at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking? Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I am the only one here that remains unaffiliated."

Cocker parts for sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3735953
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:30 AM #17
hurricane68
Paintball for life

hurricane68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post

no...i get the concept b/c i regularly shoot actual guns and know i have to lead the person but what i mean is this:

If a guy is sitting behind a bunker and runs into my line of sight its almost like my fingers dont want to shoot as fast as i want them to...kinda like they seize up a bit, like the on the spot SHOOT NOW! things i cant do very well, practice more, or any secrets?

Fortitudine Vincimus
Never the good son
Dance with the delusional angels of sin
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
hurricane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 AM #18
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane68 View Post
no...i get the concept b/c i regularly shoot actual guns and know i have to lead the person but what i mean is this:

If a guy is sitting behind a bunker and runs into my line of sight its almost like my fingers dont want to shoot as fast as i want them to...kinda like they seize up a bit, like the on the spot SHOOT NOW! things i cant do very well, practice more, or any secrets?

I take it you don't shoot your actual guns at moving targets. What I've learned to do (And this comes from shooting actual guns seeing as I'm a paintball noob) consists of several tricks.

You can first line your gun up several feet ahead of where you know the target will cross and pull the trigger as they cross into the line of fire.

Or you can actively track your target and repeatedly shoot the target while moving. This is harder to do consistently but ultimately more rewarding if you aren't worried about 1 shot 1 kill or scaring the animal away.

There's an exercise that I think can really help you. I'm assuming you know what trap shooting is. If you can shoot trap well... you can hit moving targets well no question about it. You have to lead the targets in the air and have perfect timing and reflex. Speed comes naturally with time.

Again... I'm pretty much a paintball noob, but not so much for shooting guns.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:24 AM #19
Paintphreak
Stay thirsty, my friends!

Annual Supporting Member
Paintphreak is a Moderator
Paintphreak is a Supporting Member
Paintphreak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintphreak supports our troops
Paintphreak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Paintphreak has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks KK!

I added this to the How To section.

White/Gold XSV SL74 for Sale!
Paintphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 AM #20
FoidPoosening
www.ArmoryPaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
FoidPoosening donated to help Peyton Trent
FoidPoosening is playing at Living Legends VI
FoidPoosening supports Bob Gurnsey
FoidPoosening supports our troops
FoidPoosening has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
FoidPoosening is Legendary
FoidPoosening is Boss
extremely well done post! Hopefully new players will learn a lot from this!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM #21
Paintphreak
Stay thirsty, my friends!

Annual Supporting Member
Paintphreak is a Moderator
Paintphreak is a Supporting Member
Paintphreak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintphreak supports our troops
Paintphreak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Paintphreak has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
I take it you don't shoot your actual guns at moving targets. What I've learned to do (And this comes from shooting actual guns seeing as I'm a paintball noob) consists of several tricks.

You can first line your gun up several feet ahead of where you know the target will cross and pull the trigger as they cross into the line of fire.

Or you can actively track your target and repeatedly shoot the target while moving. This is harder to do consistently but ultimately more rewarding if you aren't worried about 1 shot 1 kill or scaring the animal away.

There's an exercise that I think can really help you. I'm assuming you know what trap shooting is. If you can shoot trap well... you can hit moving targets well no question about it. You have to lead the targets in the air and have perfect timing and reflex. Speed comes naturally with time.

Again... I'm pretty much a paintball noob, but not so much for shooting guns.
Paintball speed and bullet speed are way different to gauge.

Paintball really relies on streams of balls to hit moving targets as opposed to single shots with guns.

The principle is sound but the execution is different.

White/Gold XSV SL74 for Sale!
Paintphreak is offline   Reply With Quote