Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-15-2003, 06:42 AM #1
Kiwi R1c
The Down-under Pb player

has been a member for 10 years
Questions. 1 2 3 and 4

question 1.
What exactly is the difference between silver and black triggers? Just later models or if you see a gun with a silver trigger and another with a black trigger, are there any other internal differences?

Question 2.
Exactly how nice are evil going to be with "support" for this gun. So far I've heard cool stories about people sending off their crappy lemon omens and having them come back all tricked with the newest bits. "new trigger frame, etc..". Is evil going to continue this, and when they work out a new, longer lasting bumper or whatever, will they upgrade you for free, or is this a lmited time only type offer.

Question 3.
When my omen finally arrives in the mail (stupid international shipping being slow), should I set it all up perfect and then locktite it all down so none of the adjuster screws move? Or should I keep them loose because I'll be needing to adjust them fairly often?

Final question.
Would those of you who own an omen ever enter a tourney with it as your only marker, no back up? Is it that reliable, or would you still bring your old beast along as well?
--------------------------
My feed back http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168746
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2003, 11:48 AM #2
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
robinsucks is a Supporting Member
robinsucks is a founding member
robinsucks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robinsucks supports our troops
robinsucks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
robinsucks is a Forum Captain
1. Silver triggers are aluminum and black triggers are magnesium. People here have reported they like the black triggers more, but my silver one works great.

2. PMI's customer support has always been top notch, so I'd imagine Evil's will stay right up there with them. Just don't get your mom to yell at them.

3. The only two things you might need to adjust are the velocity and recock. I did loctite the velocity adjust on the inner block.

4. I never go to a tournament with only one gun anymore. I'd always take a second gun. Things happen and you want to be prepared.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:38 PM #3
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Robin doesn't suck, that info was correct.

The only addition I'll make is that the black triggered omens are newer and as such it seems people with those tend to not have as many probs, but any issues you have can be worked out with Evil, who as stated above do a great job with customer support.

As for loctiting settings down, use blue if you want... I keep my settings a unloctited since changes in conditions can effect your velocity and when you adjust velocity you should adjust the recock pressure.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:56 PM #4
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Re: Questions. 1 2 3 and 4

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi R1c

Question 2.
Exactly how nice are evil going to be with "support" for this gun. So far I've heard cool stories about people sending off their crappy lemon omens and having them come back all tricked with the newest bits. "new trigger frame, etc..". Is evil going to continue this, and when they work out a new, longer lasting bumper or whatever, will they upgrade you for free, or is this a lmited time only type offer.
They have great customer support. If worse comes to worse, have Xzorz's mom do it for ya and they should hook you up.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-15-2003, 02:14 PM #5
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Shhh, you know he does not like that being said...

Down you EviL Halfling!!!

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:12 PM #6
Hellcat
Banned

if you do use loctite on the threads, i reccomend purple 222 loctite. it keeps it in, but you can still unscrew it with the right ammount of force
Old 09-15-2003, 04:48 PM #7
Huge

I found that my recock screw overtime became a little too loose for my purposes. As such I carefully put some teflon tape around the screw which gave it a nice tight fit so that it won't move during the gun's operation and at the same time I can adjust it at will.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:43 PM #8
Kiwi R1c
The Down-under Pb player

teflon tape you say? hrmmm.
Is that just thread tape? or whats the story?
Also, whats up with the cup seal? Should I just Dow 33 it well and forget about it, or should I go and replace the thing with something tried and true?
--------------------------
My feed back http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168746
Old 09-16-2003, 12:47 AM #9
Huge

I'm not sure what "thread tape" refers to, but I think its the same thing... It's a white tape that you can use when connecting fittings and stuff like that. I usually use loctite or teflon paste for those things though... But I had some teflon tape lying around and tried it... it seems to work well.

The cup seal being plastic doesn't please me... I've had to replace the cupseal once already... but besides taht one time it seemed to work pretty well. I'm looking into modifying a black magic cup seal... For now I apply a little dow and it works well enough.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:37 AM #10
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
fulnix is an NCPA player
Just played a tourney with the Omen, worked fine all day accept for two games when the recock was a bit cranky. But that was my fault, with any new gun play with it about a month before you take it to a tourny to make sure you know all the ins and outs and it's quirks. This gun rocks, other thing to watch is trigger bounce I got pulled two games for it(ref pulled it and the thing shot a string of about 10, it was awsome), they let me fix it and come back in. This gun will run with any electro on the field, it rips. You just gota know how to set it up.

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993