PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 PM #1
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Dye Lock Lid Pods

Hey guys, I hear a bunch about how great LLP's are but the reviews always end with something along the lines of "doesn't fit all packs tho".

Well, I need to know what packs DO hold Dye LLP's. Anyone who has experience with LLP's in a pack that has big enough openings, please state your opinion of the setup in general, and let us know what pack you were using.

I'de much appreciate it. Thx guys!

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 PM #2
EGOtist

NXe Elevation Series is what I use with the Dye Pods and it works great !
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM #3
orvilleredenbachers
buy my ****

Annual Supporting Member
orvilleredenbachers is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
orvilleredenbachers is Legendary
i have yet to actually use mine but they seem alright going this weekend.

i got them for free cuz they did not fit a friends pack, and the ironic thing is he had a dye pack
orvilleredenbachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 PM #4
ikappedkermit

ikappedkermit plays in the APPA D4 division
ikappedkermit supports DLX Technology
They fit in my Proto pack - no problem at all...
They fit in my Redz pack - a little snug at first, but improved over time...
ikappedkermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM #5
that ion owner

they fit inside my maddogz pack...because they broke the elastic.
it was ok for a while, but when i got home i noticed it had ripped.
that ion owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:17 AM #6
NadeMagnet

Locklids will "fit" into any pack that can hold normal pods. However they don't fit well into dye's own packs so what does that tell you right there? The bumps and thickness means it's going to be a tight fit no matter what pack you use. I currently use a dye attack pack and I gave up long ago trying to put my pods back in on the field itself. I have fill up my jersey with them and put them back in at staging

My 2 cents on locklids. Not worth it.
Locklids use to be the only pod I'd use cause of their thickness and being tired of poring a pod in with broken paint from a hit the game before but that doesn't make them worth their hefty price tag. Not to mention not a single one of the 7 I still own will still stay closed when dropped from waist high. They use to no matter how hard I dropped them. If you buy locklids expect to pay more then 3-5 times more then a standard pod just for convenience of a lid that won't open until the button is pressed for all of around 6 months or so until the tab wears down. Plus unless you pre-load them with button in the same place every time it slows your reload time by having to spin it around untill you find the button. It's not a lot of extra time but it can deffenitly mean the game in certain situations especially if you play a lot of speedball

Last edited by NadeMagnet : 07-01-2009 at 05:21 AM.
NadeMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 AM #7
WillIbe

they will open, you will spill paint, and you will swear off of locklids. i gave mine away when i sold somebody a barrel, and haven't spilled any paint since.

gen x global pods are the best all around, lids stay closed, you can shave the tabs off so they don't catch on eachother, and they are just the best.
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM #8
IronMen7830

The only good thing is the opening other than that they suck. They are to long, hold to much paint so you spill extra and they weight you down, only bad product from dye ever!

Member of SKL (South Kendal Legion) , still local wanna go pro!
IronMen7830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 PM #9
tristanot

tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
proto packs fit em.
I personally hate LLP though, so gl!
tristanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 AM #10
DAE[DarkJoker]
Scoobies4Boobies

Annual Supporting Member
DAE[DarkJoker] is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAE[DarkJoker] is Legendary
same here. I got a free dye LLP at the end of a practice day and I was pretty happy at first then when I got home I filled it up, picked it up and thought "No wonder I don't own any dye stuff........FAIL!!!!!"
Old 09-28-2009, 08:33 AM #11
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
I have over 60 of them, my team uses them because of the capacity and the convienience. They are the only pods we use during tournaments.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 PM #12
Sinkhole
Rag Tag Mercenaries

Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sinkhole owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I've been using Dye Pods for since 2005 and have yet to have one accidently open up on me. I also have not had one break on me either. I've never had a problem fitting them into a pack or vest. I am currently on a vest kick, because I'm playing more scenario ball these days. The vest helps distribute the weight, of 9 pods, more evenly. This is a big plus when your on the field for 3-5 hours before taking a break for food an water. I like the extra capacity and the ease of opening. My suggestion is bring one with you if your going to buy a new pack and see if they fit well, or bring your pack to the store to see if they will fit your pack. Either way I have never personally experienced a fit problem.