Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 PM #1
Pulp Fiction

Breakfast help

There are occasional days when I have to work some stupid like 6:00 am to 4:00 pm at work. Me being the night person I am (Usually I work 2:00 pm to 12:00 am) so I have to wake up at 5:00 am to get ready for work. The problem is that I can't find something to eat in the morning that can actually keep me decently full for more than a couple hours. I've tried different cereals, lots of fruit, oatmeal, anything I can think of.

Any help is appreciated.
Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 PM #2
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

You are missing the best breakfast food!

Eggs!

Cook them however you like. I usually end up making an egg sandwich on an English muffin with american cheese and sometime a piece of candian bacon or pork roll.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 PM #3
Pulp Fiction

I like the sound of that.
If I wasn't poor, I'd go buy some **** for breakfast tomorrow.
Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 PM #4
umm...

bacon egg and cheese on and english muffin. but like 3 of them. and, with the muffin, butter the knooks side and grill it like a grilled cheese. then assemble.
umm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:46 AM #5
dyeboy1991
somich

omelet
hash browns
sausage
toast
Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 PM #6
slayer0704
(\ /)

slayer0704 donated to help Peyton Trent
slayer0704 helped look for balloons
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends III
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends V
Bacon egg and cheese on an english muffin=amazing........BUT......its also one of the fastest things to make in the morning.

Fry the bacon ahead of time and put it in the fridge.

Take an egg or 2, and crack them into a small dish, break the yolks. Then microwave those *****es for 1 min per egg.....and throw the cheese and bacon on top when they come out. Flip that ***** onto a toasted english muffin.......and you have the best ****in sandwich EVER
slayer0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:08 AM #7
ChristopherThe Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
You are missing the best breakfast food!

Eggs!

Cook them however you like. I usually end up making an egg sandwich on an English muffin with american cheese and sometime a piece of candian bacon or pork roll.
pork roll, egg, and cheese on a taylors english sourdough english muffin.
ChristopherThe Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 AM #8
tuna

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah, I agree with everyone that eggs are are a delicious and filling breakfast. Loads you up with protein for the day.

I crack my eggs in a bowl, then add some salt and black pepper. Finally, I add a little bit of cold water. Yes water. Look it up if you don't believe me. Water makes the eggs fluffy.

If I'm using a meat, I'll usually cook up the meat in my pan first, and then take it out and wipe the excess grease off the pan. The grease would make your eggs look dirty.

Then I butter the pan and pour in my eggs. I switch off making omelette's versus scrambled.

Good things to put in eggs include all sorts of red meats (bacon, ham, sausage, ground beef, my personal favorite is salami), all kinds of cheese, and vegetables like onions, peppers, spinach, and potato.

hmm i think im going to make myself some eggs this morning.

Last edited by tuna : 07-13-2009 at 06:29 AM.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM #9
slayer0704
(\ /)

slayer0704 donated to help Peyton Trent
slayer0704 helped look for balloons
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends III
slayer0704 is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
Yeah, I agree with everyone that eggs are are a delicious and filling breakfast. Loads you up with protein for the day.

I crack my eggs in a bowl, then add some salt and black pepper. Finally, I add a little bit of cold water. Yes water. Look it up if you don't believe me. Water makes the eggs fluffy.

If I'm using a meat, I'll usually cook up the meat in my pan first, and then take it out and wipe the excess grease off the pan. The grease would make your eggs look dirty.

Then I butter the pan and pour in my eggs. I switch off making towelettes versus scrambled.

Good things to put in eggs include all sorts of red meats (bacon, ham, sausage, ground beef, my personal favorite is salami), all kinds of cheese, and vegetables like onions, peppers, spinach, and potato.

FINALLY! SOMEONE WHO DOES THE SAME THING AS ME
slayer0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM #10
ikilledkenny
♥pballin16♥

ikilledkenny is a Supporting Member
ikilledkenny donated to help Peyton Trent
ikilledkenny has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
ikilledkenny is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
ikilledkenny is Legendary
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post

Then I butter the pan and pour in my eggs. I switch off making towelettes versus scrambled.

i do the same, but if im cooking porkroll or bacon in the pan first, i leave some of the grease so i dont have to rebutter the pan.
R.I.P Harbinger[TG] 12/16/02 - 4/18/08 (permed)
ikilledkenny is offline   Reply With Quote