PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-15-2003, 12:48 AM #1
FabioLP

has been a member for 10 years
Tippman bolts

I just got a new 32 degrees bolt and i installed it in my tippman. Now the tippman is shooting pump, after every shot i have to recock it manually. Do you think it is the bolt that makes the difference or i did something wrong when i set my gun back together. Please answer back if you know how i could fix my gun.thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2003, 08:45 AM #2
Reaper22
Banned

throw in the old bolt with taking the least amount of stuff out(sounds like your nto all that sure on ur taking apart skills) and then try it again with the old bolt and see what happens. i dont have time to type more cause i'm off to school
Old 09-15-2003, 10:46 AM #3
Sniper_Dragon
Matrix Martial Artist

and make sure the ball stopper (the orange thing is set in right) they always seem to go in backwards
-Blue Impy-with some ups and Evil Pipe kit
**If you see a big guy walk to the middle of the field doing the river dance or trying too, watch out he might know the Matrix style of Paintball, oh wait thatís me **
Old 09-15-2003, 04:21 PM #4
Reaper22
Banned

the correct way for the orange ball stopper is for the curved part to face towards the back of the marker.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:10 PM #5
rickertj

Don't waste your time ... I have the same problem ... It's not your doing.

Ordered that bolt 3 months ago to install in my custom 98 that is almost a year old and after installing that 32 degrees bolt I couldn't even cock the gun. The bolt was frozen in the gun and the front screw wouldn't even clamp the two body sides together all the way. Called National Paintball Supply (32 dgrees), talked to one of their techs, and over the last three months have tried 4 different bolts with the same results. Since National Paintball is only about an hour from me I took the gun up there to have the tech look at it. We discovered that the gun body bore and stock bolt is smaller than the 32 degrees bolt and also discovered that everyone of the stock m98's in their showroom had different gun body bore sizes, not 2 exactly the same.

In the end they blame Tippmann for their poor workmanship and refunded my money for the bolt.

Good luck to you !!!
XSV Fanclub Member #518

Join the best league around --> http://www.nbpl.net/
Old 09-26-2003, 02:53 PM #6
Merlin288

Had the same problem mine wouldnt even cock or I couldnt even pull the bolt back those are crappy, BUT I do have one in my other 98C and it works just fine
Old 09-26-2003, 08:44 PM #7
ziggymarley
FATBOY!!!!!!!!!!

just stick with stock, aftermarket bolts dont work will in m98's...the only one i would use is the alum powertube and bolt, just alum replacements to the stock pieces.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:56 PM #8
tippster 98

i just got the new 32 degrees bolt today. i think it is a good product. it really helps out on accuracy. the problem is if you dont have an expansion chamber to keep th nitro or co2 consistant it wil hurt your guns performance if you shoot rapidly all the time.my suggestion is to slow down take good aims and squeeze the trigger. people complain about the bolts alot because 1. they dont oil their gun consitantly. 2. they dont try diffrent velocities. 3. they dont try diffrent shooting tecniques. but its a good, cheep investment if you want to try it and shoot very accurate buy it. i bought it for 10$.

tippy 98c
j&j 14" ceramic barrel
double trigger
32 degrees starfire bol *new*
Old 10-12-2003, 11:30 PM #9
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Natural Newbie is a Supporting Member
Old 10-13-2003, 03:18 PM #10
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There have been a lot of threads about this. The stock bolt is the best bolt for the 98. None of the aftermarket bolts will increase performance, and several of them will hurt performance.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-13-2003, 03:41 PM #11
mrjiggers
Better than you

Delete every post in this thread except for kjjm4's