PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 PM #43
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush View Post
Psychoactive drugs can act as a catalyst for dormant mental issues that already exist.
so easy to say it brings to light dormant stuff, how would anyone ever know that
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM #44
Mr. Bush
hi

Science!

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM #45
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush View Post
Science!
cite some sources on that, that **** gets thrown around all the time and i've never heard any science behind it
Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM #46
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
youre kidding...

ive learned so much **** through psychedelics its not even funny, yet my brain is very much intact. the governemnt wants you to think that using harmless drugs will lead to severe addiction and certain death. its a smear campaign over things that really arent that bad. now i AM against hardcore drugs, such as coke, meth, heroin, etc. but lets look at the drugs that are associated with this kind of music:

marijuana - not exactly a psychedelic, it just makes you feel good. music that normally sounds boring when in a normal mindset sounds cooler, thats about it. once youve gotten baked once, youve gotten baked a thousand times. while i am, myself, a stoner, i will say that it gets old after a while. now, nobody has ever died as a direct health-related result of smoking. inhaling smoke from anything isnt the most healthy thing you can do for your body, but in order to die from smoking pot youd need to smoke 15,000 joints in 20 minutes. thats more weed than ayone smokes in their life (unless youre an extreme pothead), and the cause of death would probably be smoke inhalation anyway. marijuana smoke is not linked in any way to lung cancer, emphysema (sp), or heart disease. the reason cigarettes are is because of the thousands of other chemicals that are poured into them. weed is just a plant. nothing else

ecstacy - floods your brain with serotonin, the chemical that makes you feel good. its been said to 'eat holes in your brain', but the 'holes' are in your serotonin producing glands. certain vitamin supplements can rebuild these glands completely, so the long-term depression from lack of serotonin release can be easily counteracted

acid - ive never done acid and dont know much about it, but the 'if you trip 5 times youll go insane' thing is bull****. ive watched people tripping BALLS off acid more than 5 times. i mean like the same person more than 5 times. and hes as sane as the day before he tripped

shrooms - im not to educated on the chemisty of these either, but psiocybin and psilocyn are toxic chemicals. however, the toxicity of them is so small that over 20 kg of them would need to be eaten in order to cause harm. compare that to te 8th-4th of an ounce people usualy take. no harm done

dmt - the chemical in your brain that makes you dream. its already in there, so adding more just makes you hallucinate hardcore. it is in no way toxic or harmful

this is all assuming, of course, that the user has no allergies to any chemicals in the drug or does not have a seizure disorder associated with hallucinations (i know a guy who does)

smoke some dmt and tell me it isnt an eye-opening expirience. people like you are what give harmless people like us a bad name. is a bunch of kids sitting in a basement passing a bong around REALLY hurting society at all?
guys
Quote:
how the hell am i a hypocrite? i state some facts, then you come around here trying to make the most intelligent post in this thread out to be a mockery. woo-hoo, i know more about drugs than you do, come flame me because i accidentaly misspell 'chemistry'
look

Quote:
i already made a post that the op wanted. i posted some music. how was my other post unintelligent? it was off-topic, yes, but it clearly took thought and knowledge, something this site seems to be lacking...

thats the medication they give to people with add/adhd. similar to adderall. makes you focused and alert, and in larger doses than perscribed makes you tweak your face off all day. like i was pissed the **** off if i wasnt doing anything, i had to be constantly busy
it's

Quote:
psychedelics dont let one achieve enlightenment and knowledge of the meaning of life or anything like that, but it opens the mind to new ideas based on psychedelic expiriences. heres an example:
i was tripping dmt a few months ago, which is famed for its closed-eye visuals. i closed my eyes, and after flying down a kalidoscopic (sp) tunnel, i saw a bunch of cells. like little amoebas fighting each other, engulfing one another. then, a huge one came and engulfed them all. my view zoomed out and the huge one became small again. then, other amoebas came and began fighting each other before another huge one came and engulfed them once more
not only did it look cool, but its somewhat representative of the fact that theres always a bigger fish. no matter how much we as man create, something had to make us. maybe not a 'god' as theism states, but a creator. and theistic religions dismiss this simple fact. you had to come from somewhere. youre just 'just always there', something had to make you. and something had to make your creator, and its creator, and its creator... made me decide that its a great mystery that mankind will never figure out, and we may as well stop trying because then well need to find its creator, and so on
the ethanator
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM #47
RiPeM
:dodgy:

^^ i lol'd.

As to add to the thread, I like If 6 was 9 by hendrix. Mitch Mitchell's drumming is a whirlwind of what some would call 'enlightenment'.

Last edited by RiPeM : 06-29-2009 at 08:43 PM.
RiPeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM #48
twss

Quote:
youre kidding...

ive learned so much **** through psychedelics its not even funny, yet my brain is very much intact. the governemnt wants you to think that using harmless drugs will lead to severe addiction and certain death. its a smear campaign over things that really arent that bad. now i AM against hardcore drugs, such as coke, meth, heroin, etc. but lets look at the drugs that are associated with this kind of music:

marijuana - not exactly a psychedelic, it just makes you feel good. music that normally sounds boring when in a normal mindset sounds cooler, thats about it. once youve gotten baked once, youve gotten baked a thousand times. while i am, myself, a stoner, i will say that it gets old after a while. now, nobody has ever died as a direct health-related result of smoking. inhaling smoke from anything isnt the most healthy thing you can do for your body, but in order to die from smoking pot youd need to smoke 15,000 joints in 20 minutes. thats more weed than ayone smokes in their life (unless youre an extreme pothead), and the cause of death would probably be smoke inhalation anyway. marijuana smoke is not linked in any way to lung cancer, emphysema (sp), or heart disease. the reason cigarettes are is because of the thousands of other chemicals that are poured into them. weed is just a plant. nothing else

ecstacy - floods your brain with serotonin, the chemical that makes you feel good. its been said to 'eat holes in your brain', but the 'holes' are in your serotonin producing glands. certain vitamin supplements can rebuild these glands completely, so the long-term depression from lack of serotonin release can be easily counteracted

acid - ive never done acid and dont know much about it, but the 'if you trip 5 times youll go insane' thing is bull****. ive watched people tripping BALLS off acid more than 5 times. i mean like the same person more than 5 times. and hes as sane as the day before he tripped

shrooms - im not to educated on the chemisty of these either, but psiocybin and psilocyn are toxic chemicals. however, the toxicity of them is so small that over 20 kg of them would need to be eaten in order to cause harm. compare that to te 8th-4th of an ounce people usualy take. no harm done

dmt - the chemical in your brain that makes you dream. its already in there, so adding more just makes you hallucinate hardcore. it is in no way toxic or harmful

this is all assuming, of course, that the user has no allergies to any chemicals in the drug or does not have a seizure disorder associated with hallucinations (i know a guy who does)

smoke some dmt and tell me it isnt an eye-opening expirience. people like you are what give harmless people like us a bad name. is a bunch of kids sitting in a basement passing a bong around REALLY hurting society at all?
Rofl, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not that you ever did, but this is just a new level.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM #49
Mr. Bush
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
cite some sources on that, that **** gets thrown around all the time and i've never heard any science behind it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Just one small article, and it refers to psychosis rather than simple anxiety disorders. I'm not too compelled to spend a lot of time on this. Since the substance in question is psilocybin, its harder to find stuff directly related, I have sites out the *** that discuss weed and schizophrenia. But fact is there is research and there are case studies on it.

But still, its not really a big assumption (though there is scientific backing, again I just dont want to re-read old textbooks to prove it, might flip through my abnormal psych one later though) to say that if you have a predisposition to certain mental disorders such as schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, etc. . . drug use could be that trigger that starts the onset of said disorders. Even without actual mental illness, it is entirely possible to have such a bad experience on drugs that it does affect your waking life pretty radically, but with something as serious as what happened to whoever's friend's brother or whatever, he probably already had problems or had a predisposition to it. Id be interested to see his family history in terms of anxiety, depression, and so on.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 PM #50
RiPeM
:dodgy:

Not that I care about st:m, can't you guys take that elsewhere?
RiPeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM #51
Mr. Bush
hi

Lol, apparently not. But nobody is contributing to the thread's intended purpose either, yourself included.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM #52
mucStsihcranA (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando, raider from mx View Post
hey

guys

look

it's

the ethanator

i was going to do that but it's cuter when you do that. band members gotta stick together (3guys1dick)
mucStsihcranA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM #53
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)

me<3
Ando, raider from mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM #54
icdballer27
Nasir Jones

icdballer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM #55
noob_pwner

always funny seeing people wearing shirts that say TOOL
noob_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 AM #56
Metal Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_pwner View Post
always funny seeing people wearing shirts that say TOOL
Dear noob_pwner
Warm regards,
Lol.

Gr1m regards,
Metal Necromancer
Metal Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 AM #57
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icdballer27 View Post
I like Tool, but in no way does their music "open your mind" or make you "enlightened". Some great lyrics with beautiful, spiritual meanings to them, but the music itself isn't some wholly otherworldly experience.

What I'm trying to say is: kill yourself

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 PM #58
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
I like Tool, but in no way does their music "open your mind" or make you "enlightened". Some great lyrics with beautiful, spiritual meanings to them, but the music itself isn't some wholly otherworldly experience.

even in the context of this thread you sound like a *******
Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM #59
Tetra Cyde

Tetra Cyde owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Let's quit *****ing about who is right and get this thread on track.

Tetra Cyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM #60
lpenadela
Great Balls of Fire!!

When I use to smoke the Ganja, anything from "Black Mountain" would do.
Portishead's new C.D is a fu***** trip!!!
lpenadela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:06 PM #61
icdballer27
Nasir Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
even in the context of this thread you sound like a *******
dot
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM #62
mucStsihcranA (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post

you talk a lotta **** for having terrible taste
mucStsihcranA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM #63
icdballer27
Nasir Jones

have to say, i went to a tool concert a couple years ago and it was straight up moving. Definitely one of the top experiences of my life. I cant see a tool concert outside being anywhere near the same