Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2009, 04:46 PM #22
The Ethanator
conveniently inconvenient
 
The Ethanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucStsihcranA View Post
That post wasn't intelligent, at all. You didn't even do what the OP wanted. As far as knowing more about drugs then me, regardless of whether it is true or not I really don't care. I mean you just spelled accidetaly.
i already made a post that the op wanted. i posted some music. how was my other post unintelligent? it was off-topic, yes, but it clearly took thought and knowledge, something this site seems to be lacking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPeM View Post
What about ritalin? :idontevenknowaboutthedodgyonthat:
thats the medication they give to people with add/adhd. similar to adderall. makes you focused and alert, and in larger doses than perscribed makes you tweak your face off all day. like i was pissed the **** off if i wasnt doing anything, i had to be constantly busy
__________________
Sincerely,
Ethan
The Ethanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM #23
mucStsihcranA (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
i already made a post that the op wanted. i posted some music. how was my other post unintelligent? it was off-topic, yes, but it clearly took thought and knowledge, something this site seems to be lacking...


thats the medication they give to people with add/adhd. similar to adderall. makes you focused and alert, and in larger doses than perscribed makes you tweak your face off all day. like i was pissed the **** off if i wasnt doing anything, i had to be constantly busy
You describe the drugs effects from the all basic "feels good man" to "trip HARDCORE" to "tripping BALLS".

If I had to rely on you for drug information...
mucStsihcranA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:10 PM #24
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucStsihcranA View Post
Ima quote my favorite parts

BTW: you're a hypocritical fgt
I fail to see your argument.


__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:23 PM #25
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt
 
PaintedSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Well this thread went to ****.

Mainly cause people had to question the reason behind the thread instead of just posting.

In any case, thanks bumperjumper, thats a sick tune took me awhile to find it in HQ
__________________
Photography
flickr
Photography+Writings
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:24 PM #26
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
youre kidding...

ive learned so much **** through psychedelics its not even funny, yet my brain is very much intact. the governemnt wants you to think that using harmless drugs will lead to severe addiction and certain death. its a smear campaign over things that really arent that bad. now i AM against hardcore drugs, such as coke, meth, heroin, etc. but lets look at the drugs that are associated with this kind of music:

ecstacy - floods your brain with serotonin, the chemical that makes you feel good. its been said to 'eat holes in your brain', but the 'holes' are in your serotonin producing glands. certain vitamin supplements can rebuild these glands completely, so the long-term depression from lack of serotonin release can be easily counteracted

acid - ive never done acid and dont know much about it, but the 'if you trip 5 times youll go insane' thing is bull****. ive watched people tripping BALLS off acid more than 5 times. i mean like the same person more than 5 times. and hes as sane as the day before he tripped

shrooms - im not to educated on the chemisty of these either, but psiocybin and psilocyn are toxic chemicals. however, the toxicity of them is so small that over 20 kg of them would need to be eaten in order to cause harm. compare that to te 8th-4th of an ounce people usualy take. no harm done

dmt - the chemical in your brain that makes you dream. its already in there, so adding more just makes you hallucinate hardcore. it is in no way toxic or harmful

this is all assuming, of course, that the user has no allergies to any chemicals in the drug or does not have a seizure disorder associated with hallucinations (i know a guy who does)

smoke some dmt and tell me it isnt an eye-opening expirience. people like you are what give harmless people like us a bad name. is a bunch of kids sitting in a basement passing a bong around REALLY hurting society at all?
sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about

what have you really learned through psychedlics? everyone learns we're all connected etc, you should see the posts by drugged out losers who think they're achieving enlightenment. there's nothing wrong with doing it, but know what you're tripping balls and that's how it is

your post about ecstasy is just wrong, no it doesn't put holes in your brain, yes it ****s up serotonin receptors, and no you can't just take supplements and fix them
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM #27
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about

what have you really learned through psychedlics? everyone learns we're all connected etc, you should see the posts by drugged out losers who think they're achieving enlightenment. there's nothing wrong with doing it, but know what you're tripping balls and that's how it is

your post about ecstasy is just wrong, no it doesn't put holes in your brain, yes it ****s up serotonin receptors, and no you can't just take supplements and fix them
Actually the toxicity of MDMA is reversible naturally, but the more you take the drug the more extensive the damage is, and the less likely that it will ever return to completely normal function. Im not sure what supplements, if any, would actually aid in repairing the damage if it has already been dealt. However, the proper supplement regiments taken prior to MDMA use has been shown to dramatically decrease the damage.

When MDMA is metabolized, one of the product chemicals contains a free radical (an unpaired electron). This electron will pair itself using particles from other, nearby molecules (which are inevitably going to be your serotonin transport and receptor sites), which invariably destroys the molecule, and can cause a chain reaction, destroying several more nearby molecules. This process is called oxidation, thus a simple fix would be antioxidants, which provide a different pathway for the free radical to take. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is an amazing source of antioxidants, Vitamin E provides an easy waste pathway, and just normal 5-htp supplements will replenish serotonin to normal levels until your brain returns to homeostasis.

So in a 150 lbs person, 1000mg of C and 500 IU of E taken 24 hours prior to, and again directly before, taking MDMA will greatly reduce the damaging effects of the metabolic processes it undergoes. A third regiment after your comedown should help too, along with 1000mg of 5-htp to help replenish serotonin.

As a side note, however, as far as I know there is no widespread testing of this on humans, in rats however, when given huge amounts of MDMA (equivelent to ~20 100mg pills for a human), the same ratio of Vitamin C was also administered, and there was little to no noticeable damage to their serotonin sites.

So he was half right, its speculated (with scientific backing) that such supplements can be taken to reduce the damage dealt, but once the damage is done there's not much you can do to facilitate regrowth other than not doing more drugs.
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 PM #28
undirected (Banned)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Satan, MD View Post
i didn't realize this was about weed, but if you think that's a troll you can't have met many people who do psychadelics, or seen them post on internet
i think i lost you at some point during my last post
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM #29
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
probably i'm not going back to page one to reread it though
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 PM #30
The Ethanator
conveniently inconvenient
 
The Ethanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: a house
psychedelics dont let one achieve enlightenment and knowledge of the meaning of life or anything like that, but it opens the mind to new ideas based on psychedelic expiriences. heres an example:
i was tripping dmt a few months ago, which is famed for its closed-eye visuals. i closed my eyes, and after flying down a kalidoscopic (sp) tunnel, i saw a bunch of cells. like little amoebas fighting each other, engulfing one another. then, a huge one came and engulfed them all. my view zoomed out and the huge one became small again. then, other amoebas came and began fighting each other before another huge one came and engulfed them once more
not only did it look cool, but its somewhat representative of the fact that theres always a bigger fish. no matter how much we as man create, something had to make us. maybe not a 'god' as theism states, but a creator. and theistic religions dismiss this simple fact. you had to come from somewhere. youre just 'just always there', something had to make you. and something had to make your creator, and its creator, and its creator... made me decide that its a great mystery that mankind will never figure out, and we may as well stop trying because then well need to find its creator, and so on
__________________
Sincerely,
Ethan
The Ethanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:48 PM #31
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
no matter how much we as man create, something had to make us. maybe not a 'god' as theism states, but a creator. and theistic religions dismiss this simple fact. you had to come from somewhere. youre just 'just always there', something had to make you. and something had to make your creator, and its creator, and its creator... made me decide that its a great mystery that mankind will never figure out, and we may as well stop trying because then well need to find its creator, and so on
No, No, No, No
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 PM #32
Dr. Satan, MD
gimme the loot
 
Dr. Satan, MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
psychedelics dont let one achieve enlightenment and knowledge of the meaning of life or anything like that, but it opens the mind to new ideas based on psychedelic expiriences. heres an example:
i was tripping dmt a few months ago, which is famed for its closed-eye visuals. i closed my eyes, and after flying down a kalidoscopic (sp) tunnel, i saw a bunch of cells. like little amoebas fighting each other, engulfing one another. then, a huge one came and engulfed them all. my view zoomed out and the huge one became small again. then, other amoebas came and began fighting each other before another huge one came and engulfed them once more
not only did it look cool, but its somewhat representative of the fact that theres always a bigger fish. no matter how much we as man create, something had to make us. maybe not a 'god' as theism states, but a creator. and theistic religions dismiss this simple fact. you had to come from somewhere. youre just 'just always there', something had to make you. and something had to make your creator, and its creator, and its creator... made me decide that its a great mystery that mankind will never figure out, and we may as well stop trying because then well need to find its creator, and so on
everyone ever already thought about that
Dr. Satan, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM #33
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt
 
PaintedSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
ITT: Trippin' Stories.
__________________
Photography
flickr
Photography+Writings
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM #34
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedSaint View Post
ITT: Trippin' Stories.
Uh, one person has shared one of his retarded *** experiences where he came across the retarded notion that we had to be created by what is being implied as god or some higher power.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 PM #35
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
I have a new found dislike for The Ethanator, to add to my previous dislike.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 AM #36
noob_pwner
 
 
noob_pwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
noob_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 AM #37
512
He's Ebeneezer Goode
 
512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edge of the World
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush View Post
Actually the toxicity of MDMA is reversible naturally, but the more you take the drug the more extensive the damage is, and the less likely that it will ever return to completely normal function. Im not sure what supplements, if any, would actually aid in repairing the damage if it has already been dealt. However, the proper supplement regiments taken prior to MDMA use has been shown to dramatically decrease the damage.

When MDMA is metabolized, one of the product chemicals contains a free radical (an unpaired electron). This electron will pair itself using particles from other, nearby molecules (which are inevitably going to be your serotonin transport and receptor sites), which invariably destroys the molecule, and can cause a chain reaction, destroying several more nearby molecules. This process is called oxidation, thus a simple fix would be antioxidants, which provide a different pathway for the free radical to take. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is an amazing source of antioxidants, Vitamin E provides an easy waste pathway, and just normal 5-htp supplements will replenish serotonin to normal levels until your brain returns to homeostasis.

So in a 150 lbs person, 1000mg of C and 500 IU of E taken 24 hours prior to, and again directly before, taking MDMA will greatly reduce the damaging effects of the metabolic processes it undergoes. A third regiment after your comedown should help too, along with 1000mg of 5-htp to help replenish serotonin.

As a side note, however, as far as I know there is no widespread testing of this on humans, in rats however, when given huge amounts of MDMA (equivelent to ~20 100mg pills for a human), the same ratio of Vitamin C was also administered, and there was little to no noticeable damage to their serotonin sites.

So he was half right, its speculated (with scientific backing) that such supplements can be taken to reduce the damage dealt, but once the damage is done there's not much you can do to facilitate regrowth other than not doing more drugs.
Just don't abuse ecstasy, healthy lifestyle and rest in the form of long spaced out rolls is the true way to protect your brain.
__________________
Don't worry if you see God first tell Him **** got worse.
512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 PM #38
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512 View Post
Just don't abuse ecstasy, healthy lifestyle and rest in the form of long spaced out rolls is the true way to protect your brain.
Actually, not doing drugs period would be the most effective way to protect your brain.

But if that plan falls through, just don't be a ******* about it. Do your research, don't abuse constantly, and try to live a healthy life otherwise.


So yeah, not to draw attention away from this great discussion on altered states, but I do listen to a lot of indie music. Cloud Cult, Cursive, Dinosaur jr. Nada surf, mgmt, all great stuff.
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM #39
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP
1337 CR3W
 
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
youre kidding...



shrooms - im not to educated on the chemisty of these either, but psiocybin and psilocyn are toxic chemicals. however, the toxicity of them is so small that over 20 kg of them would need to be eaten in order to cause harm. compare that to te 8th-4th of an ounce people usualy take. no harm done
my friends brother did shrooms and he suffers from constant extreme anxiety and can barely go out anymore... but like you said it's harmless stuff.
__________________
Kill it, Kill it With Fire!
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM #40
Count Drugula
Temper
 
Count Drugula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miami
My friend did weed once. He can't even talk now.
__________________
OG ME MUSIC
****ING AWESOME
If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.
Count Drugula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM #41
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
^^ ??? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP View Post
my friends brother did shrooms and he suffers from constant extreme anxiety and can barely go out anymore... but like you said it's harmless stuff.
Psychoactive drugs can act as a catalyst for dormant mental issues that already exist. Im not defending the fact that psilocybin is not dangerous, though it is pretty low in terms of damaging effects. The LD50 rate (a lethal dose for 50% of subjects) for a 72kg person would be about 2kg of dried mushrooms, or 20kg of fresh ones. In comparison, the LD50 for caffeine would be about 30kg for the same person. So its not extremely toxic, considering a good dose is 3.5 grams. Your friends brother probably had some underlying anxiety or agoraphobic issues already, both of which are very common. This is assuming the mushrooms he ate were actually psilocybinic, there are mushrooms of a similar genus that contain pretty nasty stuff. That said, its a risk you take, probably wasnt worth it in his case.
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035

Last edited by Mr. Bush : 06-29-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:07 PM #42
mucStsihcranA (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ethanator View Post
psychedelics dont let one achieve enlightenment and knowledge of the meaning of life or anything like that, but it opens the mind to new ideas based on psychedelic expiriences. heres an example:
i was tripping dmt a few months ago, which is famed for its closed-eye visuals. i closed my eyes, and after flying down a kalidoscopic (sp) tunnel, i saw a bunch of cells. like little amoebas fighting each other, engulfing one another. then, a huge one came and engulfed them all. my view zoomed out and the huge one became small again. then, other amoebas came and began fighting each other before another huge one came and engulfed them once more
not only did it look cool, but its somewhat representative of the fact that theres always a bigger fish. no matter how much we as man create, something had to make us. maybe not a 'god' as theism states, but a creator. and theistic religions dismiss this simple fact. you had to come from somewhere. youre just 'just always there', something had to make you. and something had to make your creator, and its creator, and its creator... made me decide that its a great mystery that mankind will never figure out, and we may as well stop trying because then well need to find its creator, and so on
goddamn are you in special ed?
mucStsihcranA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump